PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring New Class Skills via Feats

Elric VIII
2011-11-29, 07:47 PM
For a Wizard Build I have I would like to locate a level 1 feat that can grant two or more of the following skills as class skills:

Bluff
Diplomacy
Sense Motive
Gather Information

The build will be using Forestlord Grey Elf with Elf Wizard sub levels. I will be using Spontaneous Divination, so that rules out acquiring skills through domain powers.

I have seen the "Alternative ways to get new Class skills" thread, but the organization is not very helpful for finding this specific information.

Thank you.

dextercorvia
2011-11-29, 07:52 PM
From Alternative Ways to get new Class Skills:

Bluff, Gather Information come from Apprentice Criminal

Diplomacy can be from Martial Study (White Raven)

Sense Motive can be from Martial Study (Setting Sun)

Apprentice Criminal gets you 2 for 1.

Palanan
2011-11-30, 12:41 AM
A couple of the regional feats from Forgotten Realms might cover these. Courteous Magocracy (FRCS p. 34) gives +2 on Diplomacy and +2 Spellcraft, which might be useful for you, and Smooth Talk (p. 37) gives +2 Diplomacy and Sense Motive. Nobody's Fool (Races of Faerun p. 166) gives +2 on Sense Motive and Gather Information. There are a few others that might help in part, although they may include some unrelated benefits, like Harem Trained. :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2011-11-30, 12:45 AM
I think Planar Touchstone can give you a Domain Power with a certain location. AFB right now, but Tricker can get you Bluff at least

lorddrake
2011-11-30, 08:15 AM
I'm not 100% sure. But doesn't 1 level dip in factotum gives all skills as class skills?

I know it is not a feat, but it is worth mentioning...

Elric VIII
2011-11-30, 10:19 AM
From Alternative Ways to get new Class Skills:

Bluff, Gather Information come from Apprentice Criminal

Diplomacy can be from Martial Study (White Raven)

Sense Motive can be from Martial Study (Setting Sun)

Apprentice Criminal gets you 2 for 1.

This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. I'm not crazy about the Apprentice feat, but it works.

A couple of the regional feats from Forgotten Realms might cover these. Courteous Magocracy (FRCS p. 34) gives +2 on Diplomacy and +2 Spellcraft, which might be useful for you, and Smooth Talk (p. 37) gives +2 Diplomacy and Sense Motive. Nobody's Fool (Races of Faerun p. 166) gives +2 on Sense Motive and Gather Information. There are a few others that might help in part, although they may include some unrelated benefits, like Harem Trained. :smalltongue:

Well, those don't actually make them into class skills, they just give bonuses, right?

I think Planar Touchstone can give you a Domain Power with a certain location. AFB right now, but Tricker can get you Bluff at least

This is a good idea, but I can't use it until level 8 (req 8 ranks in K(the planes)).

dextercorvia
2011-11-30, 10:42 AM
This is a good idea, but I can't use it until level 8 (req 8 ranks in K(the planes)).

You're thinking of Pathfinder. Remember you can have 8 ranks by level 5 in 3.5 in a class skill (which knowledges are for Wizard).

Elric VIII
2011-11-30, 02:59 PM
You're thinking of Pathfinder. Remember you can have 8 ranks by level 5 in 3.5 in a class skill (which knowledges are for Wizard).

Derp, I knew that... Either way, I would like to have the skills at level 1, so I'm not wasting ranks CC and playing catch-up later.

deuxhero
2011-11-30, 03:23 PM
Trade familar for diviner variant from UA
Get obtain familiar feat

You now have sense motives as a class skill (and some misc divination bonus)

Snowbluff
2011-11-30, 06:57 PM
Derp, I knew that... Either way, I would like to have the skills at level 1, so I'm not wasting ranks CC and playing catch-up later.

Fine, be that way~! /fakeoffended

Human Paragon?

Wait, did you say you were a Wizard? K:Plaines isn't CC!

deuxhero
2011-11-30, 10:07 PM
Also: You're a Wizard. At level 8 you get a new skill point/level that isn't retroactive.