PDA

View Full Version : Recommended books

skycycle blues
2011-11-29, 09:47 PM
So, I'm going to be DMing a game starting sometime in the near future. There will be at least three somewhat experienced players (not sure how much experience, but at least enough for them to be able to play casters without getting bored or confused) and one or two completely new players.

I'm probably going to run them through Scourge Of The Howling Hoard to start and then if we keep playing until they hit level 5/6, run them through Red Hand Of Doom.

Does anyone have any suggestions for books I could run them through in between, preferably ones that would help bridge the gap? I like that Red Hand and Scourge both center on Goblinoids wrecking havoc because of Dragons.

If there aren't any, I can just throw tons of Goblins of various skill sets at them until they're ready for Red Hand.

Thanks in advance.

Big Fau
2011-11-29, 10:11 PM
Shattered Gates of Slaughtergard involves goblinoids at the start of the module, and has a few later on. It's a decent 1-7 module, but can be modified for 5+ relatively easily since several enemies have class levels or are otherwise nerfed for some reason.

One of the nerfs, for example, is a blind troll. And the final battle has a nerfed Hezrou.

Godskook
2011-11-29, 11:41 PM
My suggestion is to heavily modify Scourge to last the distance, and change the ending dragon from black to white. That tidies up the "where's the 5th beetle" problem with the Red Hand of Doom.