PDA

View Full Version : Evil Party need advice

bluthunda
2011-11-29, 11:50 PM
Hey i need some advice I've been invited to a game its an evil campaign pretty OP so pretty much anything goes right now there is an Alienist and the other is a Dread Necromancer trying to figure out another spell caster the will be good alongside them. I'm starting at level 11 and not sure which route to go would like some particularly evil. I've looked at Souldrinkers and Lifedrinkers but they don't seem to compare with the other two spellcasters. Race wise could be anything from Outsiders (tieflings) to Undead ghosts and such kinda would like to keep the LA below +2 though. Thanks for any advice you guys can offer

Flickerdart
2011-11-29, 11:52 PM
Paladin of Tyranny 2/Hexblade 3/Blackguard 3, followed up with Divine Crusader or Ur-Priest. Anyone you stand next to takes a huge penalty to saves, and your own are absolutely stellar, meaning that your allies can pepper the area with impunity and not worry about too much friendly fire (which they won't anyway cause they're evil), then later you get your own spells to join the fun.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-11-30, 12:00 AM
With all the minionmancy going on? Bard.

Specifically: Bard4/Warblade2/War Chanter 10/Warblade4

DFI optimization + Song of Legion + insane numbers of minions to pump = good times.

And as for an evil bard... who else can spend ten minutes and a bluff check to turn Harvey Dent into Two-Face? You're just here to give the world a better class of villain.

bluthunda
2011-11-30, 12:06 AM
wow must be a really busy board for such quick replies but i guess i failed to mention i was kinda hoping for another wizard/sorcerer/spell caster type of class sorry about that and thanks for the ideas i guess its more for roleplay value since most encounters are crushed pretty badly so far but will most likely be getting stronger in the future. Not exactly looking for optimized since this is like my second game but something that won't be completly over shadowed by the other two wizards but really Sinister at the same time

Rubik
2011-11-30, 12:29 AM
wow must be a really busy board for such quick replies but i guess i failed to mention i was kinda hoping for another wizard/sorcerer/spell caster type of class sorry about that and thanks for the ideas i guess its more for roleplay value since most encounters are crushed pretty badly so far but will most likely be getting stronger in the future. Not exactly looking for optimized since this is like my second game but something that won't be completly over shadowed by the other two wizards but really Sinister at the same timeBard goes into sublime chord, which is a fast-progression casting PrC.

bluthunda
2011-11-30, 01:11 AM
any suggestion race and or playstyle that goes along with the bard 10 Sublime Chord 1? never really looked into a bard before also if anyone has another suggestion like Wizard and some other pretty evil prestige class that wont be too under powered i wouldn't mind hearing that as well

Dayzgone
2011-11-30, 01:02 PM
Look in Libris Mortis, lots o fun evil classes in there. Along with some preaty crazy spells, like Necortic Cyst :smallbiggrin:

marcielle
2011-11-30, 05:05 PM
Wiz/Beguiler Ultimate Magus might be helpful. You can be the party face(what with one teammate being an abomination and the other being undead) and stack metamagic like a deck of cards. MtG cards.

An evil mastermind-in-the-shadows sorta character as opposed to the outright monstrocities the other two will probably be.

Kane0
2011-11-30, 11:22 PM
If they allow you maybe they will allow an Ebon Initiate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163297&highlight=ebon+initiate) with an Evil twist. Or you could use a revised Warlock if you wanted instead.

Hey, I never said I wasn't biased in favor of Invokers :smallbiggrin: