PDA

View Full Version : Twilight of Umbra (IC)

Milo v3
2011-11-30, 02:11 AM
Unknown Time
Umbra Facility Cells #3958, #9573, #2596, #4038, #1830, #6492
The lights are out but your eyes can still see within your cell. The room is nearly completely empty. It is perfectly white in colour, similar to a pearl.

On the ceiling is a small vent and next to the west wall is a resting area with a small bed.

A crack of light appeared in the umbral darkness. Slowly the light was revealed to be a door opening from the east wall. It opened without a single sound.

A figure stood out from the light creating a silhouette. It looked like an Umbra facility guard standing in front of the door.

He hadn't even noticed the door behind him was open.

Lejosh
2011-11-30, 04:57 PM
Unknown Time
Umbra Facility Cells #3958, #9573, #2596, #4038, #1830, #6492
The lights are out but your eyes can still see within your cell. The room is nearly completely empty. It is perfectly white in colour, similar to a pearl.

On the roof is a small vent and next to the west wall is a resting area with a small bed.

A crack of light appeared in the umbral darkness. Slowly the light was revealed to be a door opening from the east wall. It opened without a single sound.

A figure stood out from the light creating a silhouette. It looked like an Umbra facility guard standing in front of the door.

He hadn't even noticed the door behind him was open.

Ok, im going to take cell #9573
So as im sitting on my bed i look up from the drawing i was working on with my paper and charcoal and i whisper to myself what now

Milo v3
2011-11-30, 05:07 PM
Cell #9573
The guard slowly turns his head slightly toward the door upon hearing a noise.
He pauses for a second in confusion. Wondering why the door was open.
He reached into his hip holster and took out a small pistol. He slowly walked into the dark room gun at the ready.

Lejosh
2011-11-30, 05:41 PM
Ok, first i will sneak across the wall, go over to the man, break his neck in a silent fashion and then absorb his bio-mass and take his form

sneak = 1/d12
breaking his neck = 3/d10
bio-mass = 5/d12

Milo v3
2011-11-30, 06:04 PM
Ok, first i will sneak across the wall, go over to the man, break his neck in a silent fashion and then absorb his bio-mass and take his form

sneak = 1/d12
breaking his neck = 3/d10
bio-mass = 5/d12

Cell #9573
Silently you move along the wall and move behind the guard. He stares off towards your bed, his eyes still adjusting.
Your hands clasp his head and twist, killing him silently.
Then just as he realized he was dead he felt as if he was being torn apart.

The guard is no longer in the cell. Only you, a bed, his armour, and his gun.

HoodyC17
2011-11-30, 06:26 PM
A tentacle reached out of the vent and began clawing for any friction. It filled a crack in the concrete and began dragged sludge through the grate of the vent. A comical splat was heard the moment it hit the ground and a transparent slime painted the roof. The slime then reformed into a three limbed cephalopod. A eye appeared, then a mouth. The eye looked around the roof expecting to find guards and hoped to find a way to escape. The mouth opened and spoke with a voice of a innocent girl.
'Mmmm.... Perhaps I should have written Michelle a goodbye letter before escaping... But then again I don't have any fingers...'
Michelle was the doctor who turned a teenage girl into this creature but it didn't hate Michelle. As it's family, Grabriela's family, were dead and she had no friends beforehand so she had no life to speak of for Michelle to take away.

Isenvrill
2011-11-30, 06:36 PM
Cell #4038
David glances up, and smiles. With the grace of an assassin he glides silently to the door. His hands quickly cover the guards mouth and while David does so he whispers,"Suffocate him." The guards armor writhes and constricts about him, cutting off his airflow.

For stealth, I rolled a 4 from 1d8(Agility). (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3283146/)
I rolled a 1 from 1d8 for animation. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3283136/) Pool at 2 now.

Dr. Roboto
2011-11-30, 06:47 PM
Wil was laying on his bed, absentmindedly wrapping a stray thread from his jumpsuit around his finger, when he noticed the door open up. Not daring to move, he slowly lowers the barriers around his mind, hoping passively to find out everything he can from the guard.

What are you thinking? Is it something I should know?

Telepathy: [roll0]

Lejosh
2011-11-30, 08:15 PM
Now that i look like the guard, i don his armor and put his gun back in its holster, i then walk threw the door and into the light outside the cell

Milo v3
2011-11-30, 08:41 PM
Evening
Umbra Facility Rooftop
It was a clear night and hundreds of stars were visable. The vent you used had left you right between the helicopter pad and an entrance to the roof.
Their was at least twelve guards you could see, each patrolling the roof in pairs.

Cell #4038
The Guard collapses from the suffocation but remains standing because of his animated armour.
You are now in a white hallway with several buttons on the walls. Their seems to be no guards in the hallway at the present time.

Wil's Cell
Stray thoughts enter your mind not only from the guard but also the "weapons" in the adjacent cells. But quickly you focus your mind on the guard and block out the others screams of madness.
The guard had been waiting in the hall for half-an-hour. He didn't truely know what happened at the facility but that was his only thought.
Why was he here guarding this hall? Why is this place even here? Why didn't he want any other job than guarding this building?

Outside Cell #9573
You are now in a white hallway with several buttons on the walls. Their seems to be no guards in the hallway at the present time. Their is a door at each end of the hallway.

Dr. Roboto
2011-11-30, 08:51 PM
Wil closed his eyes and slowly began to focus on the guard, blocking out the thoughts of all others. He pulled up thoughts of times of excruciating boredom from his memory; long car trips, history classes, the weekend he spent with his aunt. Letting the boredom spread in his mind, he slowly pushed it into the guard's.

You are tired. You have no reason to be here. Take a break, it won't hurt.

Telepathy:[roll0]

Lejosh
2011-11-30, 11:41 PM
I turn to the right and I start to walk down the corridor and as i walk i start to hum to myself checking over my shoulder every few seconds to see if anyone is behind me

Isenvrill
2011-11-30, 11:58 PM
Cell #4038
David takes the guard's armor, and after reabsorbing the power, puts it on, and says, "Refit." He picks up the guard's gun as well, and ripping his sheet in half, he takes that. He walks out one of the doors, prepared to silence any that come his way.

Adjusting his armor,Pity this is only a temporary fix. Walking again, I should have spent more time down here. Now how do I get out?
Refitting armor(Will stay refitted until I recall the power)[roll0] Pool back at two, unless it fails.
Umbra insider:[roll1]

Milo v3
2011-12-01, 03:31 AM
Wil
The guard doesn't seem to respond in any way, side a small yawn.

Hall
You reach the end of the hall without seeing anything behind you. Their are three buttons on next to the closed door.

David
You remember that the prison blocks are seperate from the outside world by only a few rooms. You know that you have to continue down the half and past two room and into the elevator and to the ground floor. From their you only have to reach the lobby. Or you can use the elevator to get to the roof and then escape from their.

Lejosh
2011-12-01, 04:54 AM
ok, are there any signs or anything over the door I'm standing in front of?

Isenvrill
2011-12-01, 11:14 AM
Pausing, David returns and grabs the other half of the sheet. He then makes his way to the elevator, and from there to the lobby. As he walks, he animates both halves of the sheet, whispering "Entangle guards."
Sheet 1: [roll0]
Sheet 2:[roll1]Pool empty.

HoodyC17
2011-12-01, 05:06 PM
Fraus scampered underneath the helipad and peeked out of it. She checked if she was spotted yet and questioned what she should do next.

Agility for silent scamping
1d8+0
1+0 = 1

Perception for spotting
1d10+0
5+0 = 5

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-01, 06:20 PM
Will frowns, wondering if the guard has too much willpower, and decides to take a different tack. He opens his mind up to all of the other prisoners around him, wincing as he feels their pain. He tries to locate the least mentally stable one, and focuses on them. Mouthing a silent apology, he recalls all of the fear he's felt, both originating in himself and in others, in the Umbra facility. Silently, he thrusts all of the fear into the mind of the poor test subject.

The source of your fear is in your cell. Scream. Beat on the walls. Make as much noise as you can. Distract the guard. And if you happen to get out? Kill him.

Telepathy:[roll0]

Starbin
2011-12-02, 02:44 AM
John sat looking at the array of screens and consoles surrounding him. He was watching a number of weapons moving forward from their rooms, most falling back on their training and efficiently dispatching their guards. Glancing at the various controls, he quickly identified the ones that opened certain doors and disengaged their locks.

After a few moments, he saw a pattern emerging - a small number of weapons seemed particularly effective in their methods of escape. Reaching down to the microphone, he pushed a couple of buttons and spoke in a low voice that was not his own, whispering, "Follow the lights ...". Activating a few more switches, John created a pathway for those weapons to find their way out via a little-used access door that lead to the loading docks.

Satisfied he had done enough, he reached down and disengaged the final security protocols ... effectively opening every other door in the facility, while simultaneously sounding various alarms in different parts of the 'prison.' Grabbing the soda can left by the guard at his feet, he poured the liquid over the console and moved out, heading for the loading docks.

Checking over his mental checklist, he knew he had done everything he could to make good his escape. There were 'remains' that would barely survive the fire he had set in one of the rooms; the doors had been opened and set to release the majority of weapons into a specific pattern leading away from his egress point; he had disabled the control systems as best he could. All that remained was to exit the facility and get as far away as possible.

Of course there still remained one point to ponder. He had let out the rest of the weapons; who had released him from his cell?

The PCs that are within the facility should hear the words and see the lights ... if you follow, they should lead you to the exit (cleared with Milo v3 :smallbiggrin:)

Milo v3
2011-12-02, 03:23 AM
Hall
Their are no signs nor markings on the prestine walls of this hallway.
But you hear a whisper from the walls.
"Follow the Lights"
And with that a light above the middle button started to flash.

David
As you walk down the hallway you find that one of the other cells were open but their was noone in them. Then you walk into what appears to be a common room their are strangely no guards in the room, as if someone had already cleared it out.
Then a faint voice emenates from the walls.
"Follow the lights"
And with that one part of the room dims in colour as the left sides wall lights start to gleam. Your eyes follow the lights and it leads to a doorway.

Faus
They haven't spotted you yet. But you hear sirens from bellow the facility and the guard immediately pull out their guns with one hand, while at the same time pressing a button on their helmets.
Their guns look like they are silenced assault rifles.

Wil
Your mental attack breaks into the already shattered mind of the weapon.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgaaaarrrrthhh hharrrrr!"
The guard turns immediately towards the left and runs towards the scream. You hear the press of a button.

"Ra-ta-ta." The sound of gunfire could be heard. But it was quickly silenced by the sound of fire.

Then a voice sounded from the wall barely audible over the flames.
"Follow the lights."
Then some of the wall lights shone brighter than the others. It was heading left.

Isenvrill
2011-12-02, 04:59 PM
David
David, deeply suspicious of the lights, continues in the direction of the elevator. He walk briskly, afraid that he has been detected.

If David encounters a locked door he will de-animate his sheets and use it to animate and unlock the doors.
Umbra insider to discover if the lights can be done from control room:[roll0]

Congrats on your superior development of the third precept Starbin!

Lejosh
2011-12-02, 05:25 PM
Hall pulls the gun from the guard he killed out of its holser and readies it as he pushs the button indicated by the light

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-02, 10:51 PM
I hope that it was enough to–

Wil breaks off his thought as the scream shatters the silence.

I guess that it was enough. And that fire– it should be good for covering some escapes. But, what about the prisoner that made it?

Will cautiously reaches out to the prisoner whose mind he had attacked, and attempted to extend a tendril of calming thought, picturing placid lakes, picnics with the family, a good night's rest. He was careful not to reach too far into the other's tortured mind. Wil didn't want anything that could drive that kind of scream in his head.

He then sticks his head out of the doorway, checking both left and right, but mostly for any sign of the guard and of the other prisoner.
Calming Telepathy:[roll0]
Perception:[roll1]

Milo v3
2011-12-03, 06:54 AM
David
Their are two doors in the room both eventually reach the elevator the one that reaches it the fastest is the one on the left side of the room, where the lights are indicating. The other way would take about a minute longer.
Also you realise that the lights could easily be manipulated in the control room.

Hall
The door infront of you opens without a sound. You are now in a relatively normal sized common room with two other doors one to the left wall and one straight ahead. The lights on the wall make a path along the right wall ending at the door that is straight ahead.
Their are two guards in the room. Both were looking at the lights, bewildered.

You could hear from what one was saying that he was trying to open a comm channel.

Wil
You don't see anyone in the hall but when you look down the left you notice that one of the cell doors are open and a red hue is glowing out of it.

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-03, 02:24 PM
Wil softly makes his way down the hallway to the left, and nervously looks into the room with the open cell door.

Perception:[roll0]

Lejosh
2011-12-03, 05:20 PM
hall raises his gun at both of the men in the room and fires his weapon twice
two bullets, one for each of them, then lets see if i can find a way out of here

first shot = 2/d20
second shot = 14/d20

Isenvrill
2011-12-03, 05:28 PM
David, quite suspicious of the lights, but realizing it is the best way, goes that way. He will follow the lights until it becomes faster to reach the elevator another way.

Milo v3
2011-12-03, 05:46 PM
Wil
Inside the room a relatively small fire which illuminates the dark room. The fuel of the fire is the guard from the hall. His gun and hand are destroyed with shrapnel & flesh spread across the room.
In one of the corners is a crouching figure. It was girl made eight years old. She wore a smaller version of the Weapon Uniform which had been torn to shreds. You couldn't see her face as her hands covered it.
Blood dripped from her arms, torso, and legs.

Hall
Your first shot cut through the air and burst through the neck of the first guard. His companion immediate turned, shocked but not enough to be stunned.
Your second bullet jolted at the shocked guard. It hit the lower part of his helmet and ricocheted off and fly back past you.
He reached for his gun and started to fire.
Please make a agility roll Lejosh.

David
After five minutes and three rooms you reach the elevator. Strangely on your way you saw no guards. In the elevator their are several buttons. One for each of the floors and one for the roof.
The floors go from 12th floor to Basment 18. You are currently on the 11th floor.

Lejosh
2011-12-03, 06:03 PM
agility = 6/d12

If Hall manages dodge the bullet he then takes another 2 shots at the guard

third shot = 2/20
fourth = 12/20

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-03, 07:20 PM
Oh no. Oh God. So much blood. I thought–please–let her be alright.

Wil rushed over to the girl, ignoring the fire and the guard's body. He knelt down next to her and tried to get a good look at her wounds. "Are you okay?
Wil realized that it sounded stupid. Of course she wasn't okay. He started tearing strips of fabric off of the sleeves of his uniform, and tried to bind her wounds.
"Tell me if this hurts too much."

First Aid:[roll0]

Isenvrill
2011-12-03, 09:03 PM
David presses the lobby button, and prepares for resistance, getting ready to throw his sheets at any guards.

I am assuming the second Wil is actually David. By the way, what do the lights say?
Oh yes, and if he had to de-animate his sheets, he reanimates them. 1d8

HoodyC17
2011-12-04, 02:11 AM
Fraus crept over to the edge of the roof and looked around the area to see its environment, of how high the building was and if there were any windows below her. She also checked if any of the guards have spotted her or are going to spot her.

Agility for sneaking
1d8+0
5+0 = 5

Perception for looking at the area
1d10+0
4+0 = 4

Perception for keeping check with the guards
1d10+0
2+0 = 2

Milo v3
2011-12-04, 05:59 AM
Hall
Three bullets pierce your flesh and continue through, ripping holes through your body.

Make a Health Check

Wil
When the cloth first touches her skin she hisses in pain. While you were attempting to bind her wounds you noticed various shards of not only white hot metal but also chuncks of bloody flesh in her wounds.
All the while she is whispering to her self
"Burning. Cutting. Tainting. Cutting. Burning. Tainting. Burning. Cutting. Tainting. Cutting. Burning. Tainting. Burning. Cutting. Tainting. Cutting. Burning. Tainting. Burning. Cutting. Tainting. Cutting. Burning. Tainting. Burning. Cutting. Tainting. Cutting."

David
The lobby is a round circular room with the elevator on one side and the entrance to the the facility on the other. In the centre is a large circular desk which has various computers on it and across on of the computers is the corpse of a receptionist.

Blood is sprayed across various parts of the othewise clean room. A few corpses lay on the ground. None of them wore guard outfits.

On the left side of the room is Four doors. Two of them went to the rest room, the largest had the word LABS over it, the last door was rather small and had wall lights flashing near it.

On the right side is only one door. Above it is the word ADMIN.

The lobby and the outside world are seperated by a thick layer of glass and revolving doors which are no longer moving. Outsider are various flashing lights and you can hear the sound of gun fire from out their.

The wall lights don't say anything.

Faus
You peak over the edge and notice you are twelve floors above the ground. Their are several windows on the floors down below you.
When you turn to the guards you notice they have now moved. They are now standing on the helicopter pad aiming at the door that leads to the 12th floor, assault rifles in hand.

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-04, 12:43 PM
Wil winces as he sees the shrapnel.

Damn. I can't imagine what that must feel like. I'm not sure what I can do without a doctor, and guards will be all over this place in a minute.

Wil finishes binding her wounds, trying to avoid pressing the shrapnel into them when possible, and trying to take out larger pieces while protecting his hands from the heat with the improvised bandages. "I'm sorry I can't do more right now," he says, tying off the last bandage, "but we need to go. Can you walk? Can you even hear me?"

Lejosh
2011-12-04, 11:15 PM
healh check - 2/d8

Hall winces at the pain but shrugs it off as he takes another shot at the guard

bullet shot - 4/d20

Milo v3
2011-12-05, 12:36 AM
Wil
The girl slowly rises her hands still covering her face.
"I can walk." She softly mumbles.

Hall
Your bullet bursts through the guards armour. The guard colapses onto the floor. Blood now dripped from his chest and flowed onto his arm, which tried to use to stop the blood.
He raised his head towards you.
"Pla-a-ease."

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-05, 01:08 AM
Wil rises as well, reaching down.

"Here. Take my hand."

With that, he checks the coast to make sure that the hallway is still clear, and continues to the left, making sure the girl is still with him.

"What's your name?"

Lejosh
2011-12-05, 01:18 AM
Hall walks over to the living guard, kneels down and says
"It's your own fault, if you had left me alone i might have let you live"
Then he absorbs his bio-mass to regenerate

bio-mass absorption of guards - 5/d12

Milo v3
2011-12-05, 06:19 AM
Wil
She removes her hands from her face and takes your hand. She seems to be squeezing with all her strength.
You can now see her face. Tiny shards of red hot steel had flown into her face leaving horrid scars. Blood mixed with tears dripped from her face.
"I don't remember. The others called me En."

Hall
Tried to protest as your tendrils reached out to him, but it was for nought. His flesh was now yours. Your subconsious instantly used some of the new mass, and your wounds healed. But some still remained and felt heavier.

Starbin
2011-12-05, 06:57 PM
John Smith

OOC - hadn't been posting, cuz I didn't know if I needed to RP out the exit, or if I'd be meeting folks there. However, just in case you're waiting on me :smallredface:

John left the control room, heading quickly for the exit. He wore the face of one of the various guards, as well as an extra uniform. He made sure to keep his face turned from the cameras as he walked, listening carefully for other weapons that might be loose. While his disguise might keep him from being shot by an Umbra employee, it could inadvertantly get him killed by one of the 'weapons.'

Reaching the first set of doors, he pulled forth the keycard he had pilfered off of the control room guard and used it to swipe. Hopefully this was as easy as it seemed in his head.

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-05, 08:39 PM
Wil continued walking down the hallway with the girl. "My name's Wil."

He looked down at En. "Do you know where we're going? I just heard someone say to 'follow the lights' over the loudspeaker."

Isenvrill
2011-12-05, 09:57 PM
David, deciding that he doesn't like people knowing about him, goes to the admin room.

Lejosh
2011-12-05, 10:04 PM
I take the gun from what is left of the guard with all of his ammo and also take the same stuff from the other dead guard before walking over him towards the door that was indicated by the lights all the while thinking to himself
"I haven't cooked anything in a while, i could go for a pie, or maybe some pasta, do a little italion thing, or a pizza, hmm, or possibly a flying carpet fish, assuming all the French haven't gotten to them yet" (not trying to be racist to French, first thing that came to mind while making the post and it stuck)

HoodyC17
2011-12-06, 06:19 AM
Bah!
There is little progress on the roof so Fraus rushed back into the vent. She squeezed her body through the grates and then slithered onward until she found the exit with the most noise.

Agility for sneaking
1d8+0
2+0 = 2

Necromorph for changing form
1d10+0
3+0 = 3

Perception for searching for exit
1d10+0
2+0 = 2

Milo v3
2011-12-06, 05:24 PM
John Smith
You find no resistance. It seems you let out the weapons in an order that has yet to reach this path.
But then down the hall you see a figure. Two things followed him.

Wil
She whispers your name without emotion.
"Wil."
Then she looks up at you.
"I didn't hear."

David
You into the hallway and see a person in umbra armour at the end of the hall. He doesn't seem to be agressive but you can't be sure.

Hall
The door leads to a small garage looking room with several trucks which seems to be a loading dock for supplies.

Faus
You drop into the lobby your bodies unique structure preventing any damage from the fall.
The lobby is a round circular room with the elevator on one side and the entrance to the the facility on the other. In the centre is a large circular desk which has various computers on it and across on of the computers is the corpse of a receptionist.

Blood is sprayed across various parts of the othewise clean room. A few corpses lay on the ground. None of them wore guard outfits.

On the left side of the room is Four doors. Two of them went to the rest room, the largest had the word LABS over it, the last door was rather small and had wall lights flashing near it.

The lobby and the outside world are seperated by a thick layer of glass and revolving doors which are no longer moving. Outsider are various flashing lights and you can hear the sound of gun fire from out their.

Lejosh
2011-12-06, 07:11 PM
Hall silently looks around the area to see if there are any people in the area

Sneak - 11/d12
Perception - 4/d12

HoodyC17
2011-12-06, 09:38 PM
Fraus scampered towards the nearest corpse and used her apendages to open its mouth. She then dragged herself inside of it. She goes down the throat and began spreading throughout the body, assuming control. The body was greatly damaged so she was forced to sacrifice mass to repair the damages. As Fraus pulled "herself" up she found that she was in the body of the receptionist who was blonde, had a pony and glasses. Not to mention she was wearing a skirt which Fraus had to rip to enable her to run. Fraus then assimilated the decaying brain completely and now attempted to find any information in its memories.

Strength for entering
1d10+0
4+0 = 4

Necromorph/parasite for controling
1d10+0
3+0 = 3

Assimilation for gaining memories
1d8+0
4+0 = 4

Starbin
2011-12-06, 10:03 PM
John Smith

John noticed the figure approaching from down the hall, wondering if it was a guard or escapee. Given what he had seen of most of the guards, he guessed the latter, but wasn't sure. Standing still, with his hands at his side, he waited for a moment, hoping he wasn't simply making a better target.

As the other approached, he would risk speaking, his voice the timber of the guard he had mimicked. "Hello, who's there?"

Milo v3
2011-12-07, 05:21 PM
Hall
You move through the loading dock. Each footstep creating a crunch as you step on debris.
You don't see anyone though.

Faus
You instantly go through hundreds of memories. School, Work, Husband, Kids, Mothers recent funneral.

Then shots of memory burst into your mind.
Work. Late. Alarm. Panic. Guards. Calm. Guns. Pain. Pain. Pain.

Lejosh
2011-12-07, 08:52 PM
Hall Looks to see if there are anyways out of the room and if there is anything of value inside

looking for a way out of the room - 8/d12
looking for items - 4/d12

Isenvrill
2011-12-07, 09:36 PM
David walks forward, towards the figure, picking up one of the animated sheets. He prepares to use it to entangle the figure who he assumes is a guard.
Odd. I thought that with the alarms the guards would be at the cells, or evacuating.

Milo v3
2011-12-09, 12:24 AM
John Smith
The figure moves forward and also grabs one of the things that was following him.
The figure has a wiry frame which is topped by a mop of tousled brown hair, and his hazel eyes are nothing remarkable. The two things appear to be a bed sheet torn in two.
He is wearing a Weapon's Outfit.

Hall
There is one potential exits you can see. The large door which is used to let the loading truck in and out.
As for anything valuable their is a large truck which probably worth a good some of money as well as being a potential escape route.
Also inside and outside of the truck are various boxes. When you gaze in one of the boxes you see various jars and canisters, each holding strangely coloured liquids.

David
The figure stood their with his hands at his sides. Then he spoke
"Hello, who's there?"
As you were now closer you could see him.
He was of average size and wore Umbra Guard Armour. Light blue eyes peer out from a mop of tussled, messy light brown hair.

HoodyC17
2011-12-09, 01:53 AM
Body repaired, Fraus entered the door saying ADMIN. She was curious to see what she would find there and also wondered if there was anything that will show her the layout of the facility. She began searching for computers, maps and anything else worth hwer attention.

Perception for searching
1d10+0
5+0 = 5

Isenvrill
2011-12-09, 09:43 AM
David smiles and says, "David Carpenter, animator, and assassin." And with that, he throws one of his sheets at the man, and stands behind him in a matter of seconds thanks to some impressive acrobatics.
I'm going to miss with the sheet, but the sheet assumes he is a guard, so it'll entangle/bind/grapple him.
Gymnast:[roll0]
Agility so if I fail I do not land on my face[roll1]

Lejosh
2011-12-09, 02:19 PM
Making a note of where the truck is Hall heads over to the other side of the room and takes a look out of the large doors

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-10, 09:57 PM
David replies grimly, "I hope I wasn't just hearing things. But I don't have any better ideas, so we should probably just keep going."

He continues down the hall with En.

Milo v3
2011-12-11, 12:34 AM
Faus
You find yourself not in a room but in a hallway. In the hallway is two other people. One in Guard Armour, the other in Weapon Clothing.

A torn piece of cloth then flung out at the person wearing the Armour. While at the same time the Weapon darts forward.

Neither of the two seemed to have noticed you.

John Smith
The sheet practically leapt at you. It wraps around you. Not constrictive but enough to stop you from raising your arm to aim a gun or move with nearly any finesse.
Then as you gaze back at the figure you see that they are no longer were they used to stand.

Behind you though you hear someone suddenly stop.

If you want to try and force your way out of the sheet you can make a strength check. If not you can still do what you normally could it is just harder to do somethings. Like moving your arms properly...

David
Your sheet ensnares your target as you commanded. And you gracefully dart past him not making a single noise. You are able to even move completely around to behind him.
But when you stop your force makes a noise that he obviously heard.

Hall
The door seemed to be a standard steel electronic garage door controlled by a small button next to it. Also as you are on the other side of the room you notice something. Another door. This one is rather small compared to the others in the facility that you've seen. Next to it is a small sign saying LOBBY.

Wil
En follows as you travel through the halls following the lights (If your not going to follow the lights tell me and I'll change this.
After three halls you reach a room.

The door infront of you opens without a sound. You are now in a relatively normal sized common room with two other doors one to the left wall and one straight ahead. The lights on the wall make a path along the right wall ending at the door that is straight ahead.
Their is three small pools of blood in the roo
m. In one there is nothing, in another lies the corpse of a guard who was killed with bullets. In the last the is simply the armour and gun of a guard. And not a single remenant of the guards body.

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-11, 01:07 AM
Wil looks around.

I really should be shocked by this, but–no matter what the escaped weapons did to these guards, they deserved it.

He glances idly at the pools of blood, wondering who had done that. Stooping and picking up the guard's gun, he pauses for a bit.

Not escaped weapons. Escaped people.

"Let's go, En," he says, following the lights.

Starbin
2011-12-11, 03:20 PM
John Smith

The sudden rush of movement and the things that had been near the approaching figure surprised him, as John found himself wrapped snugly by what appeared to be sheets. In the flurry of activity, he lost sight of the figure, but heard a voice say, "David Carpenter, animator and assassin."
Must be one of the ones I released ... too bad he seems to be taking his Umbra role too seriously ...

Clearing his throat, he spoke softly. "I'm not your target. I am a weapon, like you are, just trying to get free. As a matter-of-fact, I freed you from your cell and tried to show you the way out. didn't you see the lights?"

John tried to turn to see the man, uncertain of how much freedom of movement the sheets would allow, but not wanting to appear threatening.

Lejosh
2011-12-11, 03:49 PM
Hall walks over to the door labelled lobby and, while drawing his gun to be safe, opens the door slightly to see who or what is on the other side

Isenvrill
2011-12-11, 05:45 PM
David laughs, "I don't have targets. I have never had targets, simply training." He de-animates one of the two sheets, then reaches out and touches the man's armor. "I'll believe you are a weapon once you demonstrate your ability. Until then you are simply another pawn of Umbra." He pauses, and then says, "If you do not begin to demonstrate your power within the next minute, your armor will kill you. Go."

Perception check:[roll0]

Starbin
2011-12-12, 07:03 AM
John Smith

John shrugged at the man's demand. "Interestingly enough, I am displaying my ability. But unfortunately, it would be transparent to you. Let us see if this convinces you."

John let his features lapse into the last person he had mimicked, prior to the guard. His hair lengthened, his skin color darkened, his face grew fuller. Looking at David, he spoke, his voice somewhat deeper now. "Does this suffice?"

Isenvrill
2011-12-12, 09:22 AM
David nods. "Very nice." David de-animates the sheets, collecting them as they fall to the floor. "Now if you'll excuse me, there are a few things I'd like to do in the Admin room before I escape. Unless of course you trashed it on your way out."

He moves to go through the door, pausing for the unknown weapon's response.
Pool at 2.

Starbin
2011-12-12, 04:51 PM
John Smith

John watched as the sheets fell away, wondering how this weapon's ability actually functioned. Was it an ability to manipulate the various electromagnetic fields around himself and objects? Was it a genetic variance the allowed for control of the gravitational forces? Was it simply access to some of the more heightened brain functions that presented themselves as telekinesis?

At David's comments, he shook his head slightly. "I disengaged all the security protocals that I found and poured liquid over the control panel. If you are looking for something else, be my guest. I, however, wish to get out quickly."

John paused for a minute to see which way David went, then continued to the exit he had identified in his original escape plan.

HoodyC17
2011-12-12, 04:58 PM
Fraus approached the two weapons she was eavesdropping a moment ago.
'So... Are we leaving? I know we are strangers but you two are the closest kin I have.'
She raises a finger as her face distorts and changes from the secretary's to something that resembled the one she originally had except older. Fraus then giggled.

Isenvrill
2011-12-12, 05:45 PM
"Two shape changers. How interesting. Anyways, I was going to eliminate all evidence of my existence in this facility. I may still be able to do that, despite your damage to the security systems. If you'd like, I can do the same for you."
He enters the admin room, leaving the door open.
Umbra Insider:[roll0] for removing all traces of my existence in the umbra computers, if there is a computer I can do it on.

Starbin
2011-12-13, 02:55 PM
John Smith

Frowning, John watched the newcomer guardedly. "Who are you? I didn't open your cell ..."

When David walked back to the control room, John shrugged. "Be my guest. However, I would be surprised if this is the only place the records are maintained."

Milo v3
2011-12-13, 05:14 PM
Wil & En
The door leads to a small garage looking room with several trucks which seems to be a loading dock for supplies.
Their is a large steel roller door. Rubbish and debri covers the floor, making it look like it would be very hard to move silently through it.
On the other side of the room is the button to open the door. And next to it is a small door and a man who is slightly looking through it with what appears to be a gun in his hand.

En is steps forward slowly and a crunch .

Hall
The lobby is a round circular room with the elevator on one side and the entrance to the the facility on the other. In the centre is a large circular desk which has various computers on it and a large pool of sanguine blood.

Then from behind you a crunch resonates.

David
The computers are horribly damaged but you can still turn them on. Strangely when you search the database it seems the data on you three are already deleted.

Isenvrill
2011-12-13, 06:22 PM
David animates the computers and says, "Shatter." Whether or not it works, he walks out of the room puzzled, and looking at the other weapons, "We aren't there. Something odd is happening, but I'm not sticking to find out what. Lets go."

He then walks to the door exiting the admin area. Pausing just outside the doorway, he turns to John, "Did you have a particular path you wanted to take out of the facility?"

As he stands there, he realizes that his armor could cause far too much confusion. He reclaims the power in the suit, causing it to become ill fitted. David then removes the suit quickly and discards it.

Lowering the target for this one. I think it should be difficult to have an object destroy itself. [roll0] Target:3

By the way Milo, would you like for us to title our posts with our character names as Starbin is doing?

Milo v3
2011-12-13, 06:28 PM
David
The computers creak slightly then all black out.

You don't need to write your character name above your post as I'm sure you will write your name at least once in the post.
But if you wish to do so then that is fine as it saves me a few seconds of looking.

Starbin
2011-12-13, 07:53 PM
John Smith

At David's question, John shook his head. "I was simply trying to take a route that hopefully went in a different direction than the rest of the weapons escaping. It was an attempt to mask our exit. However, if our records do not exist, and someone let me free initially, it would seem there are other forces at play here."

I can stop with the 'name title' if it's annoying. I actually think it's funny that one of our players actually used the wrong name in a post, which confused me for a bit ...

Lejosh
2011-12-13, 09:51 PM
Hall turns around quickly and aims the gun in his hand at the spot where the crunch sound came from as well as scanning the whole room for intruders

perception - 4/d12

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-13, 10:02 PM
Wil doesn't drop his looted gun, but raises his hands tentatively, and steps closer to En. "You with Umbra?"

While saying this, he sends out tendrils of thought to sense this man's surface emotions.

Lejosh
2011-12-13, 10:12 PM
Hall reverts himself to his original form, not lowering the gun but instead aiming at the mans head

HoodyC17
2011-12-14, 12:12 AM
'I escaped before all this chaos started and to be honest I don't know where to go know. I originally planned to find some sort of map of the facility here.'

Milo v3
2011-12-15, 06:17 AM
Hall
You see two people. One male another female. The male is a young adult, with short black hair and a goatee and held a gun in his hand. The female looked about eight to nine years old, she was covered in severe cuts and burns. Bloody makeshift bandages wrapped around her body in small sections.
Tears and blood dripped from her face.

They both wore the Weapon Outfit. The girls outfit was torn to shreds.

The male spoke, both your guns aimed at each other.
"You with Umbra?"

Wil & En
The man stood thier with his gun aimed at your head. Now that he turned towards the two of you, you could now see him better.
He looked around your age maybe a little younger, he has dark brown hair at medium length, he wore dark clothes and a long trench coat.
Strangely his mind sends no feedback other than static.

Starbin
2011-12-15, 02:43 PM
John Smith

Glancing back at the control room, John shook his head. "I don't think we'll find much by way of maps there. However, from what I found, the lights should lead us to the loading docks to the rear of the facility. If you wish to leave with us, let's make haste."

John headed in the direction he had originally plotted out.

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-15, 07:30 PM
Wil kept his hands raised above his head.

"We want to get out of here just as much as you do. But for us to escape, you need to stop pointing that gun at me. Just lower it and we can get out of here."

Lejosh
2011-12-15, 10:38 PM
Hall lowers his gun slowly, before returning it to its holster. He eyed both the man and the girl before moving out of the way of the door and saying "Lead the way" as he thought to himself They can probably help me get out of here and i dont want to be stuck by myself when i do get out

HoodyC17
2011-12-15, 11:25 PM
'Well lets just hope it is safe.'
Fraus followed John as best she could while finding herself experiencing a slight amount of discomfort as a result of hunger and high-heels.

Isenvrill
2011-12-17, 02:12 PM
David follows behind the other two weapons.

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-18, 02:57 PM
Wil glared at Hall, then checked what was on the other side of the door, with En close to him.

Perception: [roll0]

OOC: I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing the layout of the place, so I'm sorry if this post doesn't make any sense.

Milo v3
2011-12-18, 08:30 PM
John, Fraus, & David
You follow the lights which lead you into the lobby. The lights now point you towards a small door which is currently ajar. A young male in a Weapon outfit gazed out through it.

Wil, En & Hall
The room is a round circular room with the elevator on one side and the entrance to the the facility on the other. In the centre is a large circular desk which has various computers on it and across on of the computers is the corpse of a receptionist.

On the left side of the room is Four doors. Two of them went to the rest room, the largest had the word LABS over it, the last door on the left was rather small and had wall lights flashing near it. You are looking out through the last door.

In the centre of the room nearing the door you are gazing through is three people. Two men and one woman.

Lejosh
2011-12-19, 08:06 PM
Hall once again pulls out his gun thinking I should just keep it in my hand if I'm going to keep having to use it as he slowly enters the room with the weapon, ready to use it if anything unexpected happens

Starbin
2011-12-19, 08:34 PM
John Smith

Seeing the other weapon peering at them from the doorway, John stopped for a moment, nodding. "Hello. Are you heading to the exit as well?"

John keeps his hands open, facing outwards towards the other man, hoping this demonstrates his intent.

OOC - Actually, I forgot that John should still be in a guard's uniform - his mimicry doesn't affect clothes, so he's stuck for now. I'm also assuming we don't see the little girl or the man with the gun yet, either.

Milo v3
2011-12-19, 09:01 PM
Hall
The room is a round circular room with the elevator on one side and the entrance to the the facility on the other. In the centre is a large circular desk which has various computers on it and across on of the computers is the corpse of a receptionist.

On the left side of the room is Four doors. Two of them went to the rest room, the largest had the word LABS over it, the last door on the left was rather small and had wall lights flashing near it. You are looking out through the last door.

In the centre of the room nearing the door you are gazing through is three people. Two men and one woman. One male wore Guard armor, the other a weapon outfit. The girl is wearing a business outfit.

The male wearing the guard armour spoke
"Hello. Are you heading to the exit as well?"

He keeps his hands open, facing outwards towards you and will.

John Smith
The door opened further a man stepped out. He dark brown hair at medium length, he wore dark clothes and a long trench coat. A gun lay in his hand.
Another male stood inside the dark room he wore the weapons outfit.
A dimunitive siholette hid behind the other male.

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-19, 10:04 PM
Wil stepped forward of Hall and gently pushed the gun down. "Put that away. They're not guards."

Speaking to the others, he said, "Yeah, we're trying to get out of here. I'm Wil, telepath. We've got an injured kid with us; are any of you doctors?"

Wil opens his mind enough to pick up any stray aggression or hostility from these three.

Starbin
2011-12-19, 10:23 PM
John Smith

Upon seeing the gun, John raised his hands, keeping them there until he actually lowered the weapon. Glancing at the one man who spoke, he shook his head. "I am not. I'm sorry. What happened?"

Don't want to get shot just yet :smallsmile:

Lejosh
2011-12-20, 02:07 AM
Hall slowly lowered his gun, keeping it in hand, just in case he did end up needing it

i wasnt going to shoot you yet Starbin, Hall's not that insane :smalltongue:

Dr. Roboto
2011-12-20, 02:54 AM
Wil winced with the memory. "Guard's gun exploded. It's mostly shrapnel, and I'm not sure how deep it is. I think the best thing we can do is get out of here quickly."

He motions behind him. "There are some trucks back there, but I'm not sure how bad the fighting is outside. I don't have much experience with this kind of thing, so I'm not sure how far we could get without dying."

Isenvrill
2011-12-20, 07:11 PM
David steps forward, hands empty, his stolen gun tucked into his clothing. "I am David Carpenter, animator. Regrettably, my skills do not include healing of any sort. Since it seems none of us can currently care for the wounded one, lets see what we can do about escaping and finding medical care. "

Walking forward at a steady pace now, "If you let me by, I will see what I can do about spying out our situation."

Starbin
2011-12-22, 01:23 PM
John Smith

As the introductions started to be made, he cleared his throat slightly. "John. Let me take a look at her cuts. I may not be able to 'heal' her wounds, but I might be able to help ease the pain. Did anyone look around for a first aid kit?"

Glancing around the area, John did a very quick search for anything that look like an emergency kit, perhaps near a fire extinguisher or behind the receptionist desks. Perception: [roll0]

After looking around, John walked over to the girl slowly, crouching down to her level. "Hi, my name is John. Can I take a look at your cuts?"

Will find and use the cleanest clothes around here and rip them into strips to provide some first aid ... not sure he'll do any better than Wil tried to do, but John will give it a go. [roll1] ... EDIT: OOOF! Guess I won't try that again!

Once every was ready to go, he nodded towards the docks. "I tried to create a distration to the front. I was hoping the loading docks would be unguarded ... or at least less guarded than the rest of the facility. We should probably go."

Milo v3
2011-12-22, 09:26 PM
John Smith
As you near the reception desk you notice the emergency kit lay on the ground its lid half open. One of the bandages is unravelled inside.

Now when you try to give En first aid she winces in pain. Then you notice pressure from you first aid seemed to cause one of the wounds to start to bleed further.

Starbin
2011-12-23, 03:32 AM
John Smith

Frowning at her pain, John patted her arm. "I'm sorry, but I think I probably made it worse! What's your name? And what's your special gift?"

John hoped to distract the girl from the pain. He checked to make sure the wounds weren't bleeding heavily before leading the girl back to the others.

That's why I hate having to roll ... inevitably bad things happen when all I was hoping for was status quo :smalltongue:

Milo v3
2011-12-28, 04:33 AM
John Smith
The girl looked up at you
"They call me En. I ruin things."

Starbin
2011-12-29, 01:19 PM
John Smith

He frowned slightly at En's description of her powers. Was it an actual ability, or a child's assessment based off of an adult's cruel comments? That would be something a bad parent would say ... wouldn't it? Sometimes, his memory just felt so foggy, like he was picturing someone else's life. For a moment, his features rippled, changing to a completely different looking person, then rippled back.

Shaking his head, John leaned closer and spoke softly, patting the girl on her arm. "What do you mean by that, En? Do you break things, or cause them to not work? Or did somebody tell you that?"

Once the others were ready to go, John would push for them to leave soon, before someone responded to the escape.

OOC - I apologize, but I don't think I'm doing this game justice ... hopefully I can get a better feel for my character and increase the pace/quality of my posting.

Game-wise, I say we get moving to the exit before the hammer falls!

Lejosh
2011-12-30, 05:07 AM
Hall glances at the other new people in the group, it was making him nervous being around all of these new people he didnt know, but he had no choice but to intoduce himself, "My name is Hall, i am a biomass manipulator which includes the ability to change shape." Hall then looked at the young girl in pain, feeling a small bit of sadness for the girl and much frustration about the fact these people would use such a small child in their experiments

HoodyC17
2011-12-30, 06:11 AM
Fraus pitied the girl's pain but she found it hard to sympathise with someone she hardly knew. Still, these "people" are the closest things she has to kin right now.
'My name's Fraus and my powers are something in between John's and Hall's. I may elaborate later - after we have escaped and are no longer in danger.'
She then kneeled down next to En and began scratching "her" hair.
'It has been two years since I have used any of my memories before I was a weapon for any practical use so I'm not sure if I can be helpful but I will try to assist the girl.'
Fraus attempted to scrape as much knowledge as she could about medicine and first aid that she gained during her life as a student and attempted to use that knowledge to examine En's injuries.

School academics for medicine
1d10+0
6+0 = 6

School academics for first aid
1d10+0
4+0 = 4

Not much time for proof-reading so there's bound to be mistakes.

Milo v3
2011-12-31, 07:17 AM
John Smith
"Meh-My uncle told me that I ruin things. He said that I can make things smaller and they brake. But I always ruin everything."
En replied, stuttering at the start because of the shock of seeing you convert your form.

Faus
En looks at you as you move towards her, all the while you start to remember your past.

She moves away slightly from you as your hands near her wounds, but she quickly gives in.

Her wounds have now stopped bleeding.

Starbin
2012-01-11, 02:54 PM
Frowning slightly, John patted the girl again. "Perhaps you can show me sometime and we'll see what I think."

He filed the information away for later while watching Faus stop the girl's bleeding. Once completed, he stood and pointed towards the direction of the exit. "We should probably get moving. The distractions will only serve their purpose for so long. Eventually the powers that be will turn their attention to us."

Sorry ... I hadn't responded and lost the bubble on this game. Figure we'll head towards the exit - I don't have a good mental image of where we're at and how to get out, but I figure John checked that during his attempts to break out the rest of the weapons.

Milo v3
2012-01-11, 06:51 PM
You point towards the loading area Hall, En, and Wil exited from, as from the front door you can hear a large amount of gunfire and you saw a large number of umbra soldiers outside.

From the maps you looked at the steel roller door in the loading docks heads out in the back of the facility and away from the fighting.

Starbin
2012-01-11, 09:59 PM
Barring anyone stopping for some reason, John starting walking towards the exit, leading towards the steel doors and freedom beyond. He kept an eye out for more personnel and any surveillance equipment that might be tracking their movement.

"Once we get out, I suggest we try to confiscate a vehicle to put some distance between us, then find a place to disappear. Anyone have any ideas?

Do any of us have any idea where we're at in terms of country, state, or even city?

Dr. Roboto
2012-01-11, 11:35 PM
Wil falls in step with John, checking to make sure that En's with him. "Should we just sneak out?" he asked. "I don't know if we'll be able to open the loading bay door without attracting attention. Could we try to take one of those trucks? Actually, hold on."

Wil jogs over to one of the trucks, opens the driver-side door, and checks for keys in the ignition, also looking around the room to see if there are any elsewhere.

Sorry I haven't been posting. Can't hurt to check for keys. :smalltongue:

Perception: [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-01-11, 11:51 PM
As you open the door of the truck you see a the bullet filled corpse of a middle aged man wearing a white shirt and jeans. In his hand are the keys.
It looked like he was trying to reach the ignition when he died.

Starbin
2012-01-12, 04:40 AM
When Wil pointed out the truck and driver, John nodded appreciatively. "Nice job. Let's see what we have ..."

He followed the other man to look over the truck, wondering if the man had been shot before he got in or after. He checked over the windshields, hood, grill, and tires. Glancing underneath, he made sure there were no obvious fuel or oil leaks.

Once his checks were done, he whispered to Faus, "Keep En occupied," as he helped Will move the body out of the way. He looked at the wounds, using the stickiness of the blood as a rough indicator of how long it had been there, then put the body somewhere out of sight of the little girl.

"Let's get out of here. First, does anyone in particular want to drive? Second, anyone know where to go?"

As necessary, John will check around the doors and the exit, to make sure nobody is waiting to ambush them. Highly trained scout (d8): [roll0]; Perception (d8): [roll1]

HoodyC17
2012-01-12, 09:57 AM
Fraus mumbles loudly or at least loud enough so the others can hear.
'I don't think any of us are still innocent but okay...'
She then used her hands to gently force En to face away from the corpse while Fraus stared at it.
'Stare in this direction for the next few moments.'
She was hungry and she was in need of more energy which was required for her to produce more biomass and use her abilities. Also to not starve to death but that wasn't imminent yet. She then slurped the excess drool pooling in her mouth.

Milo v3
2012-01-14, 12:37 AM
The wounds are fairly fresh the man might of been shot only twenty minutes ago.
When you gave outside you see a carpark. Most of the cars have their windows smashed and shattered glass covers nearly every inch of the tar road.

On the otherside of the carpark is a wooded area, to the right you can see a small road which leads away, maybe to the main road.

You do not see nor hear any signs of life in the area.

Starbin
2012-01-14, 10:04 PM
John looks around for a moment, then huddles with the others. "It seems we have a few options - use this vehicle, find and use one of the ones in the carpark, or walk. I would rather use a vehicle to put some distance between us and this place, but we run the risk of being tracked. Still, in the confusion, this might be the best answer for now ... we can always ditch the truck later.

Any other suggestions?"

Lejosh
2012-01-20, 12:13 AM
Hall was visibly becoming nervous and was looking around for guards as he answered "I think we should take the truck, we know everyone will fit into it and if we go into the car park we might be spotted by a guard or something. And we can just dump it later or keep it to use if we need"

Isenvrill
2012-01-20, 12:22 AM
David speaks up, I can most likely animate a car, and send it into a crowded area as a decoy, while we escape through a less monitored area in the truck. "

Starbin
2012-01-22, 02:08 PM
With no other comments forthcoming, John nods to the others. "Let's take the truck, then. You can use a diversion if it seems necessary ... will that tax you greatly, or can you keep the car animated and with us indefinitely?"

Isenvrill
2012-01-26, 09:31 AM
David says, "The way my powers work, I could only do one ore the other, have it follow us, or cause a distraction. My animations are given a single order upon creation, and I am unable to control them differently unless I reanimate them."

Starbin
2012-01-30, 05:41 AM
John nodded. "So you can make the car follow us for a bit, then release it and send it off as a distraction at that point? That could still work. First things first, let's get going."

John let the others pile into the truck while he checked the vehicle out, making sure the tires, engine, gas, etc were all okay. Once they were ready, he jumped in, ready to go.

Milo v3
2012-01-30, 05:45 AM
The vehicle seems to be in perfect condition except for three tiny holes in the windscreen.

Starbin
2012-01-30, 05:58 AM
John nodded to the others. "Except for the bullet holes, the truck looks to be in good shape. Let us go ... I am sure one of you is a better driver than I am."

Once the group was settled and started to drive away, John took a seat near the window, using his skills to spot for the others.

Trained military scout (d8): [roll0]

Isenvrill
2012-01-30, 06:13 PM
Thoughtfully, David says, "I think instead I will animate another truck, the amount of glass around the cars may make it difficult." He then puts his hands on another truck and closing his eyes, concentrates for a second. "Follow 25 feet behind me." He whispers.

Returning to the others, "Well, I am most definitely not one of those who could drive better than you. I've never been out of the compound."

Animation: [roll0] Pool at 0 for sheer size

Lejosh
2012-02-02, 02:49 AM
"I would be able to drive the truck if nobody else can, but I cannot promise something bad wont happen" Hall says as he looks at the drivers seat of the truck

Starbin
2012-02-02, 07:30 PM
"You seem to be our best bet. Let's get a move on."

Isenvrill
2012-02-10, 10:01 AM
David gets into the truck.

Milo v3
2012-02-10, 03:37 PM
As Hall finishes reversing the truck, the group can see flashes of light from the path on the right. As Hall drove the truck shook every now and then, not because of his skill as a driver put he was driving over thousands of chunks of glass.

The other truck followed close behind, it was rather eerie as the truck wasn't turned on, and no light came from it. This made the truck slightly harder to see in the night.

Starbin
2012-02-15, 10:29 PM
John maintained a vigil on their surroundings, checking the mirrors, looking along the sides of the road, and up ahead. After a few minutes, the awkward silence finally got to him.

"Sooo ... now that we're on the way, what's our plan? I was hoping to find a town or city to blend into - did we want to stay together, or split up? I'm just happy to be out of the facility, but it's a little scary thinking about a future away from everything I've known. Or at least what I remember ..."

John paused for a moment, staring pensively out the window before speaking again. "Regardless, if we plan on staying together, or at least in touch, we might want to get to know each other.

What do you think?"

Opportunities to get the game rolling and role-play some more ...

Lejosh
2012-02-16, 02:44 AM
Hall speaks up first, letting his presence be known, "My name is Hall, i was captured only a few years ago, taken from my family and life, and, even if it is my last act, i will kill everyone who did this to me, all of them" Hall's fists clench the steering wheel tightly, his anger was only visible through his eyes that showed a hatred that could kill a man.

Isenvrill
2012-02-16, 06:41 PM
David smiles a sad smile as he hears the tale of Hall. "It seems Umbra has mastered the art of pain. While I have been raised in Umbra, I have also been forced to endure much. As you already know, I am David. My parents worked for Umbra, but found their work far more important than myself. Eventually they became harsh and distant, finally resulting in me ceasing to amuse them." He sighs.

"I have been in Umbra since birth and I am able to animate objects, and was originally planned to be the assassin of Umbra, until I rebelled. "Shifting in his seat, he changes the subject. "I believe we should stick together, at least until we are sure we are clear of Umbra."

Milo v3
2012-02-17, 06:04 AM
As Hall drove along the road, he soon reached the source of the light. On the right side of the road was a battlefield. Four figures in "Weapon Outfits" fought against a group of Umbra Soldiers. The Weapons had no skill or finesse and just used their raw power, one blinding soldiers with large bursts of light which stunned her companions every now and then.
Fire streamed from another hands but his arms were currently alight and burning into blacked husks.
Another closed his eyes and all the soldiers around him instantly fell unconsious, but he also fell.
In front of the last, a wall of hundreds of bullets floated in the air half an inch from her body, stopped before they could they could strike. The ground under her feet looked as though it was about to give weigh though.

A few other Weapons lay on the ground, each one riddled with bullets.

The Umbra soldiers hid behind small cover, most of which appeared to have been side-effects from the attacks of the Weapons. They fired bullets at the group, aiming for the now sleeping weapon. But the girl who was immune to bullets jumped infront of him. The bullets simply added to the wall.

A sniper aimed down at the two weapons, then without any sound, recoil, bullet, or visible projectile. A hole burn into the head of the Bullet proof girl. The hole went through perfectly, and the flesh around the wound sizzled and melted.

En cried as the woman fell to the ground, muttering to her self.
"Crushing. Burning. Killing. Screaming. Crushing. Burning. Killing. Screaming. Crushing. Burning. Killing. Screaming. Crushing. Burning. Killing. Screaming."

The Soldiers continued their attack, the unconsious weapon was dead in seconds. The other weapons will probably soon follow.

Luckily the two groups seem too distracted with killing each other to notice your two trucks.

As you continue driving you find that the road soon curves into a high way. The sign nearby says the following:
"Gosford 3 km"

Another sign points back to the road you came off from, on it is written:
"Central Coast Waste Treatment Plant."

"Why did she die? I didn't mean to kill her." En sobbed.

Lejosh
2012-02-18, 12:06 AM
Hsall whispered a quiet apology as he drove past the weapons. He wanted to stop and help them, but he knew they were already dead, their bodies hust had to catch up with reality

Starbin
2012-02-18, 03:51 AM
John listened to Hall and David speak, one filled with rage and the other resigned acceptance. He started to give his own story, or what little he remembered of it when something caught his eye up ahead. Looking out the window, he rapidly gestured to the others. "Stay down ... there are people up ahead!"

The scene they happened upon was something out of a sci-fi movie, with things happening that defied physics and made him sick with the level of violence the Weapons and soldiers visited upon each other. Blinking away unbidden tears, John watched silently as the trucks sped by, hoping no one looked their way ... and feeling guilty that the other Weapons might buy his own freedom at the cost of their lives.

Within moments, they were by, although En's comments were disturbing to say the least. Before he could ask a question, Hall pointed out a couple of signs up ahead. Gosford didn't ring any bells, but the Central Coast was familiar ... somewhere near the Pacific Coast Highway, wasn't it? But for some reason the 3 kms was bothering him. "Does anyone know where that is?"

As he thought for a moment, he turned back to En, and leaned close. "En, what did you mean by you didn't mean to kill her? Did your ability make something happen there? And could you feel their pain?"

So it suddenly occurred to my egocentric brain that my character might be the odd sounding one here ... is John the only American? I'm guessing that everyone else might actually have (to John's mind) an accent ... when in reality it's probably John that has the accent :smallbiggrin:

Milo v3
2012-02-18, 06:45 AM
En looked up towards John, tears pooling under her eyes.
"That woman died. She died like my brothers. They died with holes in their heads. I didn't mean to. My uncle told me it was my fault. My uncle punished me. He told me not to do it again or he will punish me. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to kill her. I don't want uncle to punish me."

Starbin
2012-02-23, 07:35 PM
John patted the girl gently. "I don't know what happened there, En, but you might not be to blame. We'll talk later about that, but for now why don't you sleep?"

As they drove, John tried to get his bearings, but was at a loss for where they were. He continued the discussion with the others, as time dragged on.

"I know I was being trained to infiltrate organizations ... I would target someone, study their mannerisms and foibles, then take them out and assume their place. My 'talent' allows me to copy many things from a target.

During one of my training sessions, I gained an extra gift from one of the other weapons, some sort of regenerative talent. It seemed to breakdown whatever conditioning or memory erasing Umbra had performed on me, because I started to remember a life before Umbra, with parents and school, and a job."

Sighing, John starred out the window into the dark. "Unfortunately, it didn't all come back ... just flashes and images. And I didn't have the talent long enough to heal more of my memories. Now, I don't want revenge or anything ... I just want my life back.

I think ..."

Sorry I hadn't answer earlier ... you don't have to wait for me to post if y'all have things to say!

Milo v3
2012-02-24, 06:20 AM
As the trucks drove along the road, you realise from various signs you are on the Central Coast Highway.

As you drive more and more cars dart past on the other side of the road, most in there midst were police, ambulance, and fire trucks. All of which had their sirene's flashing and booming.

You are now at the starting to enter a rural area, most building were homes , but a general store appeared here and there, a there was also a pharmacy.

You don't see many people as you pass through the streets, all within there homes it seemed. You are currently at a round about and on the other side is a MacDonalds and a small hotel.

The other truck is still tailing you. Strangely following all the road rules without any extra effort from David.

En hasn't made a noise since her earlier outburst, and appears to have fallen to sleep. She is peaceful for the first time you have seen her and she seems to be smiling.

Lejosh
2012-02-25, 05:11 PM
Hall begins to look around for somewhere to stop while saying "We are going to need to stop soon, ill need to rest and we will all need to eat and drink, not to mention go to the bathroom"

Starbin
2012-02-27, 09:21 PM
John nodded, glancing around at the others. "Well, we rushed off pretty quickly, but perhaps I should have put more thought into this ... did anyone get any money? Plus, I'm not sure we have any extra clothes, and these will still out."

Glancing over at the McDonald's, he points in that direction. "We can probably use the restroom there, but we'll still need some money and need to be careful with our outfits. Let's park down the street from there for a moment."

John started looking through the truck, hoping to find a wallet or stash of money.

Although I didn't specifically spell it out, I'm hoping that in his escape plan, John would have taken a wallet. But I'll leave that up to our esteemed GM ...

Milo v3
2012-02-28, 05:41 AM
In the glove compartment you find a five dollar note and three dollars in coins.
YOUR RICH!

Starbin
2012-02-29, 08:11 PM
John whistled, smiling somewhat wryly. "Well, looks like we have ... um ... I'm guessing eight dollars or so? Maybe worth a burger or two ..."

Looking around at the group, he saw Wil was wearing the Weapon uniform, En was in the tatters of hers, Fraus was wearing a bullet-riddled, bloodied outfit, and the remaining men were wearin the guard uniforms and armor. Shaking his head, he checked to see if there was any extra clothes within the truck. Peering out the window, he jumped down and check on the other truck for money and clothes, as well.

Moving back to the others, he nodded to their various outfits (those besides Wil and En). "Did you find anything in your pockets?

First point - I'm guessing that were we driving on the left side of the road, and that the money is Australian, right? It makes a difference for my character, since he's from the US ...
Second - did anyone wearing a guard's uniform find any money / wallets / interesting stuff?
Third - did Fraus find anything in her outfit?
Lastly - if nothing else, looks like we have enough for some a couple of rounds of soft serve cones at Hungry Jack! Or perhaps a pie from Harry's, with mushy peas!

Milo v3
2012-02-29, 08:48 PM
First point - I'm guessing that were we driving on the left side of the road, and that the money is Australian, right? It makes a difference for my character, since he's from the US ...
The money is Australian and yes you did drive on the left, luckily you saw other people doing it once you got off the highway so you remembered to do it. Does seem weird though and you keep looking the wrong way every now and then.

Second - did anyone wearing a guard's uniform find any money / wallets / interesting stuff?
Hall doesn't have anything in his pockets of flesh that I'm aware of except maybe his gun.
David you have thirteen dollars and a credit card.
John you have twenty dollars and a credit card.

Third - did Fraus find anything in her outfit?
A pen and a scrap of paper.

Lastly - if nothing else, looks like we have enough for some a couple of rounds of soft serve cones at Hungry Jack! Or perhaps a pie from Harry's, with mushy peas!
Yuck mushy peas. :smallyuk:

Lejosh
2012-03-01, 02:15 AM
Hall looks around to see if he can find a fish and chip place, knowing they sell large chips for around $7 odd which should do them for now, maybe some burgers of people want them.

Yuck mushy peas. :smallyuk:
agreed

also roll for percetion if i need it to find the take away place
5/d12

Milo v3
2012-03-01, 03:01 AM
Hall you remember that their is a fish and chip shop three blocks away.

Lejosh
2012-03-01, 03:52 AM
Hall parks on one side of the road before he says to the others "There is a fish and chip shop a few blocks away, we could probably get something good from there that wont be to much"

Starbin
2012-03-03, 04:01 AM
John nodded, then frowned as he looked around the group. "That makes sense, but one problem - with these uniforms, we stand out. Even Fraus looks like an accident victim. We need to ditch these vehicles, get some clothes and move on."

Looking over the money, he checked the streets for signs of traffic. "Unless someone can alter their clothes ...?"

Isenvrill
2012-03-05, 03:24 PM
David thinks for a moment, "I can alter a few sets of clothing temporarily, but I could only do it for a few people, and the truck would have to be de-animated. Which considering that we want to ditch it anyways is not a bad idea. Perhaps I could do it to a few of us, and then whoever's clothing I alter can go get clothing for the rest of us."

Pausing, David states,"We also are going to need a way to get additional money. The cash will run out quickly, and the credit cards will be deactivated before long. Any ideas?"
I think I want a range limit on David's powers, as right now it is undefined. Touch to animate(as I've been doing) and then animated objects must remain within 100ish Meters/Yards to remain active. Sound good?

By the way, sorry I've been inactive for the past couple of days. I've been out of town.

Lejosh
2012-03-05, 05:18 PM
Hall looks over the group of those escaped with and sighed. He knew that David was right about the money and about the cloths as well. He looks at the 2 girls and says, "The girls should probably go to the store with whoever goes as we dont know what size they are, i believe it will be much easier to guess the mens sizes than theirs"

Starbin
2012-03-06, 08:49 PM
John shrugged. "First things first, let's have two folks go get some food, while David alters their clothes. Once we do that, we can figure out how to use the credit cards best ... we'll need to use them for all we can then ditch them. Ideally, we'd use them to get money, but unless someone can figure out the pin numbers, I'm not sure we'll be able to do that.

David, you want to take Hall and grab some grub?"

Looking around, John checked for vehicles that could carry them all comfortably. As a thought occurred to him, he went back to check both trucks to see what they were carrying.

Isenvrill
2012-03-06, 10:59 PM
David nods, and closes his eyes for a second, muttering quietly. His clothing shifts, and takes the appearance of a nearby pedestrian's clothing.
Truck de-animated. David is trying to animate his own clothing something like this: "clean yourself" (after de-animated, the clothing should remain clean until dirtied again) and then "Reform like 'that'"(at which point he will point to a passerby in typical clothing. Will last until clothing is de-animated)
since there isn't really a time limit, I'm not bothering to roll.

Milo v3
2012-03-07, 05:58 AM
John
The trucks seem to be holding several small wooden crates which were sealed with a blinking piece of white plastic. The truck which followed was full of them, while the truck which was being driven had only three.

Starbin
2012-03-13, 11:46 AM
Sorry, missed this one!

John glanced at the crates, studying the blinking plastic. Electronic devices on crates might simply indicate high-tech locking mechanisms. However, it could also be for tracking purposes. Or both.

Shaking his head, he showed the others what he had found. "I'm curious as to what's in here, but opening them could pinpoint our location more rapidly. Or there could be something nasty inside, like a virus strain, although I didn't see any of the signs suggesting that is the case.

Opening them now while the Umbra forces are still in disarray, hopefully, might give us some time. If you all agree, anyone want to help me pop these open? Or have a better idea?"

I'm guessing there weren't big Hazardous Waste signs or Radiological Material warnings all over these boxes. Anything else on them, like shipping labels or factory stamps?

Isenvrill
2012-03-13, 12:21 PM
David walks over in his 'new' clothing, and examines the boxes.
Umbra insider to try to remember/figure out what the boxes hold. [roll0]

Milo v3
2012-03-13, 05:12 PM
There isn't any hazard or warning markings at all on them.

David You think that you've seen these before. Last time they were filled with small devices which the Umbra scientists used as PDA's.

Isenvrill
2012-03-13, 05:37 PM
Standing up next to John, david says, "If I remember right there is nothing dangerous in those boxes, but I doubt what it contains will be of much use. You can open it to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it's full of PDAs."

Lejosh
2012-03-14, 05:52 AM
Hall opens one of the crates to see what is inside, thinking he might be able to do something good with them if they were just PDA's.

Milo v3
2012-03-14, 06:11 AM
As your press a button on its seal the light stops flashing. Then the device releases the lid. The crates lid isn't very heavy and you lift it off without any trouble.
Inside is several necklaces, a tiny sphere of perfectly smooth amber attached to each necklace which looked like decoration, but Hall you notice with your inhuman eyes that in the crystalline sphere is actually some form of camera or something. At the back of each were the necklace would touch the back of your neck, two extra cables lay, at the end of each was a headphone.

Isenvrill
2012-03-14, 07:59 AM
David makes a puzzled face, "Well that's unexpected. What are these things?"

Lejosh
2012-03-14, 05:05 PM
"Don't touch them until we know what they do" Hall says as he puts the lid back onto the box.
"They could be anything so I dont wanna risk anyone getting hurt by them" he then turns away. "So how are we going to do this, are going to be the only one of us going into the store?"

Lejosh
2012-03-14, 05:08 PM
Double post to make my last appear.

Starbin
2012-03-15, 11:45 AM
John glanced at the items, wondering what they were for. It looked like you could where them around your neck and provide a video feed of whatever the wearer was seeing ... but did the ends go in your ears? Were they comm devices, or something more insidious?

Either way, they weren't food, money or clothes so they added no value to the group. He also checked a few other crates in the trucke where they found the camera necklaces, as well as the three crates in the other truck.

Not sure which truck had the necklaces, but basically John will check both trucks to make sure they were carrying the same stuff

Once he was complete, he cocked his head at Hall's question. "That's probably the best idea. One, maybe two if David can support it. Oh, keep the receipt ... hopefully it will tell us what the day and time are.

Then we need to start thinking about changing vehicles, finding a place to rest, and a plan for what to do next. I'd like to figure something out besides just 'run.'"

Sorry about the delay, work's been busy ...

Isenvrill
2012-03-28, 05:32 PM
David reaches over and touching Hall's clothing, does the same to it as he did to his own.

Lejosh
2012-03-28, 08:21 PM
"Well, me and David will go and see what clothing we can find first, bring that back, and then go and get everyone some food." Hall says to the group as he looks at the clothing that he has on now.

I'm going to guess that i'll get everyone's clothing sizes by estimating

Starbin
2012-06-06, 06:15 PM
Guess we'll call this one dead-dead. If we start up again, PM me.