PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you shrink a <fine> creature?

killem2
2011-11-30, 12:26 PM
Say i wanted to make a permenent shrink spell on a fine creature, are there stats for such a creature?

Or is it just a fine creature stats and can't go any lower?

Doughnut Master
2011-11-30, 01:00 PM
A quark creature that falls through the earth?

killem2
2011-11-30, 01:42 PM
Well I was trying to see how reduce person could effect a home brew version of a humming bird, but the size is still only 2-5 inches so over all its still just going to be a "fine" creature.

Tenek
2011-11-30, 01:42 PM
Say i wanted to make a permanent shrink spell on a fine creature, are there stats for such a creature?

Or is it just a fine creature stats and can't go any lower?

It'll stay a fine creature. The best example is the opposite end of the size scale here:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm

In which the 'Colossal+' dragon is still Colossal size with all the usual size modifiers, and the only thing that changes is attack and breath weapon stats.

Palanan
2011-11-30, 05:08 PM
I assume you mean Reduce Animal, rather than Reduce Person... :smallbiggrin:

In the PHB the spell is limited between animals of Small and Huge size, so strict RAW would exclude the hummingbird. What particular benefits are you looking for in a micro-hummingbird? The +1 on AC and attacks?

killem2
2011-11-30, 05:16 PM
I assume you mean Reduce Animal, rather than Reduce Person... :smallbiggrin:

In the PHB the spell is limited between animals of Small and Huge size, so strict RAW would exclude the hummingbird. What particular benefits are you looking for in a micro-hummingbird? The +1 on AC and attacks?

bigger dex :P oh well that's no big deal

Diefje
2011-11-30, 05:29 PM
A quark creature that falls through the earth?

A bacterial wizard perhaps?

ericgrau
2011-11-30, 05:33 PM
Up dex, lower strength, size and size modifiers stay the same. Or even ignore the str and dex if str is already 1. Sound good?

I think there's some logic behind it too, since there's a point where a speck isn't any harder to hit than a coin due to the size of the weapon you're attacking with. Sure in a micro v micro world you'd have to scale it up, but D&D assumes most things are 1 or 2 categories within medium with only a few creatures of odd size.

Qwertystop
2011-11-30, 05:33 PM
I thought Colossal+ just extrapolated the usual size multipliers to AC, attack bonus, weapon damage, space taken, and so on. By that logic, Fine- would do the same thing.

Makiru
2011-11-30, 07:42 PM
Literal answer, according to Epic Bestiary: Micro-Titanic, the largest thing on the microbial scale, Titanic meaning the same as Colossal+.