PDA

View Full Version : What's your Dump Stat?

missmvicious
2011-11-30, 01:18 PM
Yeah, this is self effacing, but keep it light. We're just laughing at ourselves here:

If real world characteristics were broken down into Ability Scores, what would your dump stat be?

Me: Wisdom.

I can't believe how painfully oblivious I am sometimes. It took me a whole life-time to realize that about myself, and an overwhelming number of people had to point it out to me. After reflecting back on my life, I have to say they're right! I guess I was unaware that I was unaware... LOL.

I think my husband dumped in WIS as well. He had no clue that I was going to marry him one day. :smallbiggrin:

Telonius
2011-11-30, 01:24 PM
Absolutely Dexterity. I have two left feet, fairly slow reflexes, always out first in dodgeball, terrible hand-eye coordination.

The_Admiral
2011-11-30, 01:26 PM
None I tried to avoid having a dump stat and now I'm mediocre at everything.

THAC0
2011-11-30, 01:50 PM
Strength. I make up for it by having excellent con though.

Karoht
2011-11-30, 01:54 PM
Strength. I swear, going to the gym and trying to increase my strength has just made it worse over the years. I bench less and less with each passing year, despite a 3 day per week rock solid commitment to my physical fitness. Maybe my prior strength was just a lucky streak of high rolls. I think I'm sitting at an 8 right now, maybe even a 6. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever won an arm wrestling match in my life.
Constitution meanwhile, seems to be increasing. 12-14 range. Maybe I should just switch my workout into cardio and endurance instead.
Dex has always been above average. 12-14 range.
Int is a buffed stat. The problem is I forget when the duration wears off, or it gets dispelled mysteriously, and I go from a half decent IQ to herp derp faster than some car's zero to 60 time. Either that or I roll a heck of a lot of 1's on any and all int based checks. Fluxes from 8-12.
Wisdom. I tend to be the voice of reason. I draw from experience and the experience of others (history, stories, fiction, etc) rather easily. 15-16 range.
Charisma. I'm good at annoying people. Really good at it when I try. But I also seem to know just what to say and what body language to use in order to be the center of (typically female) attention at most parties I attend. 12-14 range.

But yeah, Strength is also my dump stat in terms of my philosophy for problem solving, which is typically the context I view the DnD statblock anyway. I try to use the least amount of force in a given situation. I tend not to muscle through problems, I rather like using a variety of options, I enjoy having a broad toolbox and therefore broad methods to approach problems. Sometimes I can rationalize a problem away, sometimes I can out-endure the issue until it's a non-issue, sometimes I convince others that it isn't really a problem at all, sometimes I cite historical context to indicate that more hard work isn't the best solution.

Mono Vertigo
2011-11-30, 01:55 PM
Either Wisdom because I'm fairly socially inept and constantly amazed by people (in a bad way), either Strength, as much as I try to convince myself otherwise. :smallfrown:

The_Ditto
2011-11-30, 02:00 PM
Charisma.
Nuff said :smallconfused:

Mixt
2011-11-30, 02:07 PM
Either Charisma or Wisdom.

I have severe social issues, and i often don't think things through before acting, poor impulse control.

And i have a lot of trouble putting what i want to say into words, it sounds good in my head, but when i say it out loud everyone get's confused...or angry.
This even shows up when i post on the internet, what i write often fail to deliver my message in a good way, leading to confusion (And sometimes warnings due to the mods mistaking it for trolling)

Yes, i have problems with communicating with other people without making a fool out of myself.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-30, 02:09 PM
Charisma, Strength and WIsdom. And I was made on a very poor point buy or got some ducidly unlucky tolls.
My only statistic that is above average, I hope, is Intelligence, but with a Flaw. Maths: No good at them.
I like it, it fascinates me in a fundamental way, I just don't understand anything more complex than adding fractions.
DMitS wouldn't even give me a feat for it.
I do have a bonus to Preform: Spontaneous Dance though.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-11-30, 02:12 PM
My charisma and strength stats are terrible, absolutely terrible. My con and dex stats are mediocre, my wisdom is good but situational, but at least I've got a natural 17 or 18 in intelligence?

Zen Monkey
2011-11-30, 02:13 PM
Charisma, definitely

I'm big, strong, fast, over-educated, but can't make small talk or approach an attractive woman. I'm good with public speaking, but that's more talking towards people instead of actually talking with them.

Fiery Diamond
2011-11-30, 02:19 PM
All three physical stats: Strength sits at around 6, Dexterity around 7, and Constitution at no more than 8. My Int is probably 14-ish and my Wis and Cha are both around 10-ish. I have horrible stats.

skywalker
2011-11-30, 02:23 PM
Definitely CON. I'm sniffling while typing this. Have had asthma as long as I can remember and get sick fairly easily. I've never been able to run very far, despite being relatively strong and athletically built. It doesn't really bother me, tho. CON is the most important stat, but only because it regulates your health. It's never been a "doing stat" like a lot of the others. I can deal with being a little less healthy if I can do more.

Icewalker
2011-11-30, 02:28 PM
Constitution is my dump stat, although it's not super terrible. And I'm pretty sure I've got the Great Fortitude feat to help make up for it: I have very little endurance, but I almost never get sick.

GeekGirl
2011-11-30, 02:57 PM
Con... probably. I have pretty good endurance, but I get all the time. if not that than strength. Though I can usually use my charisma in place of strength, I just have to ask nicely and people do thing for me :P

Nix Nihila
2011-11-30, 03:09 PM
Probably constitution. Although my strength is pretty awful too. I get sick 6-7 times a year, and the sickness often lasts for weeks. Throughout my life I haven't taken care of my body very well (in terms of exercise, I eat quite healthily) although that has changed a bit over the past several months, and I'm getting better exercise now.

Juggling Goth
2011-11-30, 03:12 PM
Dexterity. Dear god, dexterity. I have no spatial awareness whatsoever; never have. My body is an alien machine and I've woken up in the pilot seat with no idea how I got here or what to do now, and also I can't see through the windscreen. When we had training on specific learning difficulties, and the lady told us about dyspraxia, I went... oh, crap. That would actually explain a lot.

I broke my toe tripping over the end of my bed, and re-broke it somehow folding my foot under itself so I stomped on my own toes with the rest of the same foot. I play roller derby, and hold the league record for Number Of Helmets Written Off Due To Falling On Head. I've worked in the same place for twelve years, and still regularly walk into doorframes and taps that have been there all that time. I figured out tying shoelaces and riding bikes years after all of the other reindeer.

On the plus side, my Constitution is awesome, so I haven't yet hurt myself too badly doing all of these stupid things. I don't even bruise easily. Which is good, or I'd start having people take me aside for chats about my relationship.

Winter_Wolf
2011-11-30, 03:15 PM
Tied between wisdom and charisma.

I am not a pleasant person to be around, especially when the experiments fail.

Asta Kask
2011-11-30, 03:19 PM
Dexterity. Dear god, dexterity. I have no spatial awareness whatsoever; never have. My body is an alien machine and I've woken up in the pilot seat with no idea how I got here or what to do now, and also I can't see through the windscreen. When we had training on specific learning difficulties, and the lady told us about dyspraxia, I went... oh, crap. That would actually explain a lot.

But don't you have special training in killng with your bare hands? And feet? These skills are bought of Dexterity, and I really think you've sub-optimizde your build.

(Unless you have Ham-Fisted or Klutz of course)

Trekkin
2011-11-30, 03:23 PM
Charisma. I can do a lot of very complicated things very well, but put me in front of another human being and I'm making educated guesses at best.

Juggling Goth
2011-11-30, 03:35 PM
But don't you have special training in killng with your bare hands? And feet? These skills are bought of Dexterity, and I really think you've sub-optimizde your build.

(Unless you have Ham-Fisted or Klutz of course)

Yeah, I bring a new terror to contact sports. I scare the opponents, and terrify my own team. I can't learn by doing, though. I have to have things explained to me in words and then it takes me a long time to make my body do what it's supposed to.

Last time we did katas at karate class, I started heian nidan by punching myself in the face. You're not supposed to do that. I take my glasses off for class not because someone else might punch them off, but because I might, and have done several times in the past. When I was younger and bendier, I also managed to axe-kick myself in the face.

Starwulf
2011-11-30, 03:42 PM
I'd have to say Charisma, though really I'd say I have no dump stat at all, I'm a fairly well-rounded person. I do have my moments though where I'm incredibly anti-social or overly argumentative for no apparent reason, so while not really a dump stat, I imagine my CHR is borderline.

Form
2011-11-30, 04:24 PM
Probably charisma. Wisdom comes after that, I think.

Yora
2011-11-30, 04:43 PM
Constitution, no doubt about that. :smallbiggrin:

The_Final_Stand
2011-11-30, 04:53 PM
Charisma/Strength, with wisdom and constitution not that high either.

Int and Dex much higher though. Pay no attention to the signature.

Eldonauran
2011-11-30, 04:54 PM
No dump stat for me, I'm pretty well rounded *pats stomach*. Think I have all positive modifiers on my stats.

Volos
2011-11-30, 05:08 PM
At first I would want to say Strength, but since I have starting working a very physical job I have gotten better at lifting, pushing, and dragging large objects. I'm hardly ever sick and can't get drunk so Con is right out. I am a very intelligent person and have no trouble with complex maths or programming. And I end up becoming the center of attention regardless of how little I want to be, people just like me... so Cha is out as well. It would have to be between Dex and Wis. I'm not god awful at either, but they are the stats I have failed at in the past. Wis more often, as I tend to not hear or see incredible things going on around me and I make huge leaps in conclusions that get me in alot of trouble. I have had some increbile reflex saves in my life, but everyone rolls a 20 once in a while.

Objection
2011-11-30, 05:08 PM
It'd be either Strength, Dexterity or Charisma for me.

factotum
2011-11-30, 05:27 PM
Everything but Intelligence for me, I think!

Dr.Epic
2011-11-30, 05:28 PM
I guess strength.

thubby
2011-11-30, 05:28 PM
constitution *cough*
really, the list of things medically wrong with me is too long for that not to be the case.

either that, or its charisma, and i have the frail trait.

Howler Dagger
2011-11-30, 05:31 PM
Strength, probably, but with a flaw: Shaky, because of my tremor. So strength or dex, I guess. I wouldn't say my charisma or wisdom is particularly good or bad(10-12), but I would say I have a good intelligence(14+). Con is probably 10.

Fredaintdead
2011-11-30, 05:32 PM
Strength, Wisdom and Charisma.

Other than that, I don't get ill often, I'm fairly intelligent, and I have decent enough reflexes to not call the other three dump stats.

Coidzor
2011-11-30, 05:37 PM
Charisma or Constitution, ince when I'm not putting my foot in my mouth I'm getting sick.

Trufflehound
2011-11-30, 07:27 PM
Interesting that half of everyone names charisma as a dump stat, and hardly anyone intelligence. I suppose it could possibly be demographics, but.

Would it be appropriate to ask what what cognitive biases everyone has?

As for myself, I inherited a slim build, so that must affect all of my physical stats, but I don't think I could call either my strength or my constitution dump stats.

Sanguine
2011-11-30, 07:43 PM
Dexterity-I trip over my own feet and fall up the stairs; and not just every now and again it's more like several times a week.

Wisdom-I lack both common sense and awareness of my surroundings. I can not tell you how many times I have got ridiculously upset because I can't find something only for someone to come along and point it out within seconds of looking.

Charisma-I am cripplingly shy. Even if I wasn't I wouldn't be the life of the party; that's just not my personality.

factotum
2011-12-01, 02:32 AM
Interesting that half of everyone names charisma as a dump stat, and hardly anyone intelligence.

If Int was genuinely your dump stat, you probably wouldn't have got past the word "characteristics" in the OP...

The-Mage-King
2011-12-01, 03:02 AM
Cha/Con. I am not exactly the most personable of people, nor would I count myself as "durable".

Knaight
2011-12-01, 03:10 AM
Con. My immune system is a bit underdeveloped.

tensai_oni
2011-12-01, 03:21 AM
If Int was genuinely your dump stat, you probably wouldn't have got past the word "characteristics" in the OP...

Just because someone is a slow learner or has trouble with analytical thinking, doesn't mean they do not know what simple words mean. It's like saying people who dumped Dex cannot post in this thread because their fingers are too clumsy to hit the correct keys.

Wis is my dump stat because of poor self-control and lack of discipline. I can motivate myself to work if it really matters, but I said poor, not non-existant.

KenderWizard
2011-12-01, 03:47 AM
Con. Ugh. No less than five long-term medical conditions, I'm sick Right Now with a sore throat someone else would have thrown off in two days, fatigue syndrome means I can no longer even climb stairs after a 10 minute walk without resting at the top, and my immune system is crap at everything except over-enthusiastically attacking me.

I think the pro-Int anti-Con and -Cha thing is a demographic thing. Turns out, statistically, we're all stereotypical nerds. :smallwink:

ShortOne
2011-12-01, 07:27 AM
Con. Oh dear gawd, Con. I have some chronic immune crap, as well as year-round allergies (which are especially bad when I'm out of any of my 8 allergy medicines). I used to get Scarlet Fever every summer, and Strep every winter. I'm pretty constantly in some kind of sniffly state, from dust or pollen or something I shouldn't've eaten. So yes. Con.

DeadManSleeping
2011-12-01, 07:48 AM
Depending on who you ask, it's either Wisdom or Constitution. I can be ridiculously oblivious, but some people find me somewhat off-putting or awkward (and some don't).

factotum
2011-12-01, 07:59 AM
Just because someone is a slow learner or has trouble with analytical thinking, doesn't mean they do not know what simple words mean.

"Characteristics" is not a simple word, though; and considering a fully dumped Int (e.g. 3) barely allows the person to speak, I think it's a reasonable comment!

Brother Oni
2011-12-01, 08:12 AM
Technically Dexterity, but only because D&D doesn't distinguish between agility (which I'm mediocre at best) and hand-eye co-ordination (which I'm significantly better at).

Titanium Fox
2011-12-01, 08:15 AM
I'd say Charisma. I have maybe a 9 Charisma, possibly 8. I get circumstantial bonuses to it when I'm online since I have so long to think about what I'm typing, but in real life I stutter and flouder with the best of 'em!

If I had to give a secondary dump stat it would be STR though, probably around a 10 - 11. Not really a dump stat, but not exactly up there. :smallwink:

banjo1985
2011-12-01, 08:21 AM
Dexterity. Dear god, dexterity.

I'll amit it; I looked at the username, then at the first few words of the post, and had to have an ironic giggle. :smallbiggrin:

As for me, it's probably a tie between Strength and Charisma. I'm reasonably quick on my feet, have improving endurance and don't get ill often, intelligent enough for it to be generally noted, and am a cautious and thoughtful person (despite the occasional apocalyptic lapse in common sense). However, my upper body is weak, with some dodgy joints that limit application of what strength I have, and I'm shy. My empathy is fine, and once I know someone I'll be laughing and joining in with the best of them, but I'm never the active one in getting over that first step. Get to know me and I'm a good guy, until then I'll seem a bit of a quiet non-entity. I'm also useless at small talk.

Sgt. Cookie
2011-12-01, 08:29 AM
Wisdom, probably. Simply beacuse I tend to miss things.

missmvicious
2011-12-01, 10:30 AM
Last time we did katas at karate class, I started heian nidan by punching myself in the face.

OMG LMAO! I'm sorry Juggling Goth; that was hilarious.

Don't worry. It seems that those missing points always roll into CON somehow. My husband has such extreme astigmatism that without his glasses he actually loses depth perception and spatial orientation. I've seen him casually clip walls while walking, or stab himself with a spoon while eating breakfast. He's tough as nails though and always bounces back from any critical fumble he may roll in life. I bet you're the same way. Judging by the fact that you take karate, I'd bet you're one tough chick. :smallwink:

Juggling Goth
2011-12-01, 10:35 AM
I'll amit it; I looked at the username, then at the first few words of the post, and had to have an ironic giggle. :smallbiggrin:

Heh. I can actually juggle, though only three balls/clubs, and I haven't done it for a while. It took me a long, long time to learn, again with a lot of verbal conceptualising.

I am also incredibly stubborn, and one day I just decided I was gonna make up for years of not being able to throw or catch anything.

OMG LMAO! I'm sorry Juggling Goth; that was hilarious.

Don't worry. It seems that those missing points always roll into CON somehow. My husband has such extreme astigmatism that without his glasses he actually loses depth perception and spatial orientation. I've seen him casually clip walls while walking, or stab himself with a spoon while eating breakfast. He's tough as nails though and always bounces back from any critical fumble he may roll in life. I bet you're the same way. Judging by the fact that you take karate, I'd bet you're one tough chick. :smallwink:

Yep, I also have no depth perception. Only one of my eyes focuses at a time, so 3D vision is a bit beyond me. (On the plus side, I don't spend money on massively overpriced cinema tickets this way.) I will hang out with your husband in the Bouncing Off Walls Never Did Me Any Harm Club :)

legomaster00156
2011-12-01, 10:35 AM
I rolled really badly at character creation. My dump stat, though, is a tie between Strength and Charisma.

Darth Mario
2011-12-01, 10:49 AM
I will be amazed if a single person in this thread admits to dumping Int.

Lord Raziere
2011-12-01, 10:49 AM
probably strength.

The Underlord
2011-12-01, 10:52 AM
My charisma and strength stats are terrible, absolutely terrible. My con and dex stats are mediocre, my wisdom is good but situational, but at least I've got a natural 17 or 18 in intelligence?

Same here, but my dexterity is only bad because I got a homebrew version of the 'shakey' flaw.

The Succubus
2011-12-01, 11:17 AM

Hmmm. I wouldn't go so far as to say dumping Int, but I think I rolled a pretty average score to begin with and all the stat points I've got through levelling up seem to have been heading more into Charisma (but that was pretty low to begin with).

I'd probably go with something like:

Str - 10
Dex - 13
Con - 14
Int - 13/14
Wis - 12
Cha - 9 + 4

missmvicious
2011-12-01, 11:25 AM

It could happen. :smalltongue:

One of my friends admits that the reason he usually plays as meat tanks is because he isn't a very smart guy. He's played as spell-casters on a lark, but always as a skanky demon-touched analog of Sarah Bailey from The Craft but with anime-proportioned boobs and a penchant for using diplomacy roles and Enchantment school spells to seduce the guard rather just make a Move Silently + Hide check. We called him out on this once, so he switched it up by playing a slutty Tiefling hermaphrodite named Lust. Ok... he got us there. *eyeroll*

In real life he's all CHA and DEX... which I guess is why we all like him, especially his girlfriend :smallamused: who jokingly says she keeps him around to make herself feel smarter. :smallwink:

Dogmantra
2011-12-01, 12:17 PM
Con. Oh dear gawd, Con. I have some chronic immune crap, as well as year-round allergies (which are especially bad when I'm out of any of my 8 allergy medicines). I used to get Scarlet Fever every summer, and Strep every winter. I'm pretty constantly in some kind of sniffly state, from dust or pollen or something I shouldn't've eaten. So yes. Con.

I was going to say Con until I read this.

I realise now that I probably have a decent enough Con but my Strength is like five.

WalkingTarget
2011-12-01, 12:25 PM
D&D never being one of the primary games my group played, I had a different, but I think often more nuanced way of doing this: Deadlands.

Rather than just having a flat number representation, it allowed for different traits to have both a different die type (representing natural aptitude) and a number of dice (representing skill in bringing it to bear).

For example, rather than just saying Charisma, I could say that I have a decent die type (say, d8 or d10) in Mien, but only have a die or two in the pool because I'm not very practiced at expressing it. I'm easy to like, but can't make any use of that fact intentionally.

It also breaks Dexterity up into Deftness (mostly hand-eye coordination), Nimbleness (more whole-body abilities) and Quickness (reflexes and presence of mind).

I'd say I have a fairly high Deftness (both die type and pool size), decent Quickness (good die, small pool), but fairly poor Nimbleness (d4 or d6 die, small-to-moderate pool size).

Karoht
2011-12-01, 12:29 PM
I will be amazed if a single person in this thread admits to dumping Int.I gave myself an 8. This was in addition to my low strength.

SamBurke
2011-12-01, 12:36 PM
Wisdom, for sure. I'm just clueless often enough, idiotically foalish the other times.

I note Int is the least dumped. I wonder why.

Knaight
2011-12-01, 12:41 PM
"Characteristics" is not a simple word, though; and considering a fully dumped Int (e.g. 3) barely allows the person to speak, I think it's a reasonable comment!

Fully dumped is not a safe assumption for any of these cases. After all, if someone says they have dumped strength, nobody will be pointing out that they have probably carried multiple text books at some point, and that should have horribly encumbered them. The standard dump is to 8; 6 is incredibly low, and even then the word "characteristics" would not be out of bounds. It is attached to an incredibly simple concept, and is not a complex word by any means.

ShortOne
2011-12-01, 12:50 PM
I was going to say Con until I read this.

I realise now that I probably have a decent enough Con but my Strength is like five.

Yeah, everyone thinks they're sick until they meet me. :smalltongue:

Surfing HalfOrc
2011-12-01, 12:54 PM
Strength and Dexterity, but I've improved both over the years.

Surfing gave me a strong core strength, and bicycle racing improved Strength (legs) and Dexterity.

I'll be starting a kettlebell routine once I get back to Korea (Christmas present, hopefully it will show up early), got to maintain the gains earned through last summer! :smallbiggrin:

Ajadea
2011-12-01, 01:05 PM
Strength, Constitution, Wisdom.

People seem to be under the impression I have social skills (:smalltongue:) so I can't say Charisma is a dump stat. Int... well, it's my highest stat by a long shot, so that's right out. My Dex is about average nowadays, though I don't think I have any ranks in any of the associated skills.

I'd estimate my Strength somewhere around 9 - ish based on how much I can lift off the ground. I'm also fairly sure I have about 8 Con, just with Great Fortitude to explain how I rarely get sick. And I just don't have the awareness or insight required for a great Wisdom score.

Worguron
2011-12-01, 03:40 PM
I'm a bit odd in that I am fairly good at one aspect of a stat but horrible at another, so it is hard for me to pick one stat as my dump. There are

Dex - I am suprising agile for my size and light on my feet. However, I have horrible reflexes and next to zero hand eye coordination.

Wis - I am incredibly detail oriented, can spot minute details that most people miss, and can connect the threads of mysteries far too quickly (most friends and family members won't watch mystery movies with me anymore). I am absolutely horrible at reading people though. My friends often make fun of me for completely missing signals from women who are supposedly flirting with me. Completely oblivious to that kind of thing.

Int - I can remember esoteric knowledge about random events and obscure facts, but I can't remember important day-to-day things for the life of me.

Cha - I am a likeable, funny, and charismatic guy, but I am homely as heck.

gooddragon1
2011-12-01, 03:46 PM
Strength. I have a 4 (according to the angelfire test).

STR: 4
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 18
WIS: 12
CHA: 16

TechnOkami
2011-12-01, 04:34 PM
I will be amazed if a single person in this thread admits to dumping Int.Be Amazed.

I Dumped Int. @-@

Ok, dumping int sounds worse than it actually is. Int is probably the worst stat out of everything for me, and I voluntarily turn off my wisdom (because it's usually more fun that way :P), though I have a fair bit of wisdom in me. Charisma has an interesting way with me, 'cause though I'm not overly good looking, my personality is more than magnetic enough to make up the dividends at the end of the day.

Oh, and there's a difference between being intelligent and making yourself able to sound intelligent (I am the latter, obviously).

Ranger Mattos
2011-12-01, 07:39 PM
Strength. I swear, going to the gym and trying to increase my strength has just made it worse over the years. I bench less and less with each passing year, despite a 3 day per week rock solid commitment to my physical fitness. Maybe my prior strength was just a lucky streak of high rolls. I think I'm sitting at an 8 right now, maybe even a 6.

Same here. Despite a lot of strength training in phys. ed. class, I can barely bench-press 100 lbs.

Snowbluff
2011-12-01, 08:00 PM
Strength. SO bad. I am rather scrawny.

Orzel
2011-12-01, 08:10 PM
Hard to say.

Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition.
Dexterity measures hand-eye coordination, agility, reflexes, and balance.

Bold are good
Underlined are terrible

THEChanger
2011-12-01, 08:30 PM
Hmmm....an interesting question. I'd say my lowest stat would be Dexterity. Hand-eye and reflexes are rather poor. Then would follow Intelligence, actually. Not that it's below average, just that it's not special.
And then of course there's Wisdom. The base stat is actually fairly high. But I've got a Flaw that puts a Penalty on Sense Motive something fierce. I think I got a +2/+2 Skill Feat for Perform(Singing) and Perform(Drama) out of it.

Moff Chumley
2011-12-01, 09:03 PM
Str: 11
Con: 11
Dex: 10

On the internet,
Int: 9
Wis: 8
Cha: 200 :smallcool:

Off the internet,
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 13

OverdrivePrime
2011-12-01, 09:18 PM
Humility. :smallwink:

nolispe
2011-12-01, 09:22 PM
Mine's fairly extensively spread.
Dex is medically bad on all respects, and as of yesterday what balance I have has been surgically removed. So that's actually probably around 6.
Int... Memorywise, i'm pretty awful, but I dunno.
Wis, I seem to fail at universally. Really bad sight, hearing, taste, smell, etc, and the only one that I can do is Sense Motive, which I suspect was just skill points.
And Cha is weird, so I dunno.

But I'd have to push for Dex as my real dump stat - that one stat that whoever was building me dropped as low as possible. On that note, I think they might have taken a bunch of skill-focuses, and I'd really like to get a rebuild... Maybe when I next level up, if I ever do.

Pterocards
2011-12-01, 09:35 PM
Wisdom.....I just don't think sometimes :smallsmile: I get by though.

Anarion
2011-12-01, 10:34 PM
Lol fun thread.

Mine is a toss up between strength and con. Until college it was con for sure, I got a fever over 100 every single year until I was 15 and I still got sick a lot during high school. Since college though *knocks on wood* I've been more healthy.

Strength I'd say is around a 7 or an 8 for me. Not utterly terrible, but I'm less strong than most people I know and I don't think I've ever won at arm wrestling in my life.

Knaight
2011-12-02, 05:25 AM
Same here. Despite a lot of strength training in phys. ed. class, I can barely bench-press 100 lbs.

Eh, I can't bench press 100 pounds, and top of at about 85. Which would incline me to put strength as a dump stat - but, I can squat 450 and can carry well over 100 pounds, which puts me higher on the encumbrance table. Point being, even strength has multiple, largely independent variables all rolled into it - though not as much as, say, dexterity, which covers fine motor skills, gross motor skills, balance, and reflexes.

Delusion
2011-12-02, 06:54 AM
Strength atleast. Maybe wisdom aswell. I like to think I have usually good common sense, but I tend have brain farts rather often. Also my spot listen and search are abysmal.

Badgerish
2011-12-02, 07:12 AM
Charisma.
I have no regrets.

Everything that can be done through charisma (apart from courting) can be done better and more honestly through other stats.

My strength and dexterity could also do with work, but hey.

DeadManSleeping
2011-12-02, 07:21 AM
Everything that can be done through charisma (apart from courting) can be done better and more honestly through other stats.

Negotiating peace? I mean, the other stat alternative is beating people into submission.

And if you're talking large-scale, leading an army/nation to war is still Charisma, so you still can't duck it.

Many kinds of performance art are covered by Charisma, and as fun as juggling and dancing are, they are not replacements for singing, acting, and storytelling.

Oh, and there's also convincing people to donate money to important charities, like cancer research and disaster relief. I mean, you could steal the money with another stat, but I'd classify that as "less honest".

I could probably go on, but I think you get my point.

Badgerish
2011-12-02, 07:38 AM
Using INT (charts!) and WIS (to work out what people actually want) to explain how that doing what you suggest is actually a good idea/the best idea.

If peace is actually the best option, you should be able to persuade people to choose that honestly. If peace isn't actually a good option, then you have manipulate people into it (that's why it doesn't last)

Leading an army? Again, good strategies and tactics win battles, that builds morale. If you have to resort to inspiring speeches, then that's dishonest but not bad/evil.

Storytelling/acting? I'll give you that one, but that's what skill training is for.

Brother Oni
2011-12-02, 07:49 AM

Technically speaking, any sort of interaction with anybody else where you're not beating them over the head with a large blunt object, is handled via charisma.

In D&D, if you're so hideously ugly that people throw stones at you, it doesn't matter what your other stats are, they're not going to speak to you. (WoD Vampires separate it out into Appearance, Charisma and Manipulation, with the nosferatru having an automatic appearance of 0, making them supernaturally hideous).

Even over the internet, I could say "LOL, ur idea suxs, lrn2read", or counter your argument in a polite, non-insulting manner.
I could well have a well reasoned answer (Int), or the most thoughtful (Wis), but unless I can present it well (Cha), it's not going to be recieved properly.

In addition, I believe that D&D Charisma also covers strength of character, which is something different from willpower, so even if you're a hermit living in the woods, Charisma is also important for you to not go crazy.

Using INT (charts!) and WIS (to work out what people actually want) to explain how that doing what you suggest is actually a good idea/the best idea.

I've seen too many badly presented charts to agree with you on that - they can be overly obscure, so they either make sense to the presenter but not to anybody else, or they're deliberately mis-presenting the information.

Even if you use Wis to find out what people want, barking orders at them isn't going to go down well.

Leading an army? Again, good strategies and tactics win battles, that builds morale. If you have to resort to inspiring speeches, then that's dishonest but not bad/evil.

So how are you going to communicate your good strategies and tactics to people? How are you going to inspire loyalty in your sub-ordinates if they think you have no regard for their wellbeing?

Winning battles does build morale, true, but if you're winning battles then you don't really need good morale. It's when things get tough that you need good morale, either during a battle or recovering from a defeat.

Othesemo
2011-12-02, 07:51 AM
Str: About 10. Nothin' special
Dex: 13-14. I tens to have quicker reflexes than others, and I tend to not stumble at all, even when, for example, running downhill on loose gravel.
Con: 8-10. Below average, I think, but not debilitatingly so.
Int: About a 16 or 17.
Wis: Around a 10. I occasionally have flashes of insight, and I occasionally forget my name is. It balances out, I think.
Cha: 16 or 17. I'm an excellent orator and performer.

missmvicious
2011-12-02, 01:08 PM
Easy does it, tiger. I think Badgerish has proven his point that he dumped in CHA. He basically has just learned ways to work around his weak stat. We all do, if we want to survive and thrive in this world. Kudos to Badgerish for finding a way around the CHA hurdle.

I make up for being oblivious in other ways, I think. For instance, I'm good at crafting (I like to knit) and do so for side income, which is INT based, and I'm good at making friends in a wide variety of social circles, which would fit under Diplomacy, so I also have pretty good CHA. I used to be a model, am an amateur swing dancer, a rock climber, and now I'm on a roller derby practice squad, so you could say I've got pretty high DEX, and decent STR (for a girl).

I can't hold down a job (Profession- WIS) am oblivious to all the subtle hints that everyone else seems to think are slapping me in the face (Listen, Spot, Sense Motive - WIS) and if I can't apply Midol or Aspirin to it, I really just ask my husband or go to a doctor (Heal- WIS).

So I'm not wise... I work around it by using my other strengths! :smallsmile:

Tengu_temp
2011-12-02, 01:21 PM

From useful examples you'll encounter in real life? Job interviews are like 75% charisma-dependant, if not more.

Brother Oni
2011-12-02, 01:30 PM
Easy does it, tiger. I think Badgerish has proven his point that he dumped in CHA. He basically has just learned ways to work around his weak stat. We all do, if we want to survive and thrive in this world. Kudos to Badgerish for finding a way around the CHA hurdle.

Oh, I'm not disputing Badgerish's claim that he dumped Cha (I don't know him nor have any evidence to prove or disprove his claim) or the fact that there are alternate ways round any weakness in it. :smallbiggrin:

I am disputing his statement that everything that could be done through Charisma (aside from his one exception, but even then there are exceptions) could be done better and more honestly through other methods.

Mono Vertigo
2011-12-02, 01:50 PM
From useful examples you'll encounter in real life? Job interviews are like 75% charisma-dependant, if not more.
Thanks for reminding me CHA is my other dump stat. :smallfrown:

Aedilred
2011-12-02, 03:35 PM
I don't think I have any dump stats as such, but my Str and Dex are certainly nowhere above average, and I've neglected to invest any bonus points in them. I'd like to think I've used those on Intelligence but in fact I've probably done nothing to advance that (buffing it with skill points instead), and used them on Wis and Cha instead. I'm not sure about Constitution as my ability to fight off disease etc. is pretty impressive but my capacity for endurance sports etc. is limited.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-02, 03:40 PM
Manipulation, although I have an easy time keeping a straight face and steady tone while lying. Probably have lying as a socialize specialty.

Oh! You meant in D&D.

Eloel
2011-12-02, 03:45 PM
Wisdom. If you exclude perception. Charisma is a close second though.

Since I actually liked the way someone bold/underlined things, I'll go with that.

U = bad
B = average
U+B = yay!

(srd copy-paste incoming)

Strength measures your character’s muscle and physical power.
Dexterity measures hand-eye coordination, agility, reflexes, and balance.
Constitution represents your character’s health and stamina.
Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons.
Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition.
Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness.

Sthalor
2011-12-02, 11:41 PM
I've got decent Charisma and Intelligence, but my Wisdom is a 10-11 max. I'd say Con or Dex, since I'm fairly clumsy and I'm kind of a twig.

Winter_Wolf
2011-12-02, 11:57 PM
Charisma as presented in D&D just bugs me. It's like a skill/nonweapon proficiency that somehow managed to sneak its way into stat territory. Probably because it was so charming and smarmy. :smallannoyed:

I mean, people seem to naturally like me, and I can't figure out why. I'm basically non-social, enjoy my "me time", and get very uncomfortable in crowded/noisy environments. People easily confide weird/horrible secrets to me, though I really wish they wouldn't. How do you even stat that?

THAC0
2011-12-03, 12:16 AM
Charisma as presented in D&D just bugs me. It's like a skill/nonweapon proficiency that somehow managed to sneak its way into stat territory. Probably because it was so charming and smarmy. :smallannoyed:

I mean, people seem to naturally like me, and I can't figure out why. I'm basically non-social, enjoy my "me time", and get very uncomfortable in crowded/noisy environments. People easily confide weird/horrible secrets to me, though I really wish they wouldn't. How do you even stat that?

Sounds like Charisma at work to me.

Charisma isn't being smarmy. It's also very hard to describe. I had a difficult time comprehending it as well until I met someone who I feel has an absolutely incredible charisma score. It's not about looks or knowledge or actions even. Just meeting the guy makes anyone want to trust him completely and utterly with their life. Fortunately, he's also a very upstanding individual. And I don't expect many people to get what I just said necessarily, I would have scoffed at it myself prior to meeting this individual.

Lord Raziere
2011-12-03, 02:24 AM
Manipulation, although I have an easy time keeping a straight face and steady tone while lying. Probably have lying as a socialize specialty.

Oh! You meant in D&D.

oh right, I play Exalted.

me?

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 3
Appearance: 3

Perception: 4
Intelligence: 4
Wis: 4

so yea, probably strength or stamina. I'm good at the smartness and presentation and speaking good and all that, but physical stuff is not my forte.

Bulldog Psion
2011-12-03, 12:36 PM
Definitely Dexterity. I'm not saying my other scores are great, because they're not :smallwink:, but Dexterity is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down there.

Siosilvar
2011-12-03, 06:02 PM
My stats are about 384C97, give or take a point on each, I think.

Mukora
2011-12-04, 02:27 AM
Everything.

Except ''maybe'' CON, as I don't get sick often, and INT. Though INT is just average.

Vixsor Lumin
2011-12-05, 02:12 AM
Ok my dump is about 9 strength and 5 wisdom haha but I got an 18 in charisma and 15 intelligence hahaha :p

Vacant
2011-12-05, 02:30 AM
Charisma, so hard. It's more like a self-inflicted, semi-permanent drain than a low score, but it is pretty low in practice. Or, like, I put negative ranks into diplomacy somehow, maybe.

After/discounting that, probably strength? My legs are pretty strong but there's really nothing going on in the upper body department.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-05, 12:39 PM
Ok my dump is about 9 strength and 5 wisdom haha but I got an 18 in charisma and 15 intelligence hahaha :p

...I don't think that's how it works.

Flaw: Inattentive

Bonus feat: Skill Focus (Diplomacy)

That should fit better than having a superhuman stat.

Zombulian
2011-12-05, 11:42 PM

Flaw: Inattentive

Bonus feat: Skill Focus (Diplomacy)

Well maybe Vixsor here is just that sexy :smalltongue:
For me I would say con is probably my dump, but otherwise I have pretty balanced scores. I get sick pretty easily and while I can work pretty nice bursts of speed, endurance is the hardest thing for me to work on. I have decent strength but most of my friends -who either play football, wrestle, or are just bigger than me- can beat me in arm wrestling. If I put my mind to it I can pull off tricky dance moves and I can do a decent amount of gymnastics, I've been working on my drawing ability as well. I get meh grades but I consider myself pretty smart (well, no one's said I'm stupid :smalltongue:). I try to be the voice of reason in arguments, and I don't think I'm considered ugly.
WHA THAT WAS A LOT OF TEXT >.>

Calanon
2011-12-06, 02:16 AM
STR, CON, and WIS

I have a weak form, I can barely lift my own weight when I stand up (120lbs), I have the health of... well a cancerous lung :smalleek: and I am gullible... INCREDIBLY gullible =_=;;

But I am pretty light on my feet, flexible and sometimes athletic (Provided it doesn't require endurance or lifting), I'm also pretty smart If i say so myself :smallredface: Egotistically speaking I would describe the way people treat me socially, is pretty well. You may not like me at first but over time you will grow to love me:smallwink:

Hmm... :smallfrown: *Uses Wish to obtain a +5 inherit bonus to STR, CON, and WIS * :smallbiggrin: thats better

Arachu
2011-12-08, 03:00 PM
Charisma, no question. I think I look okay, but I have trouble socializing and being in public in general.

Dexterity's alright, though. I have pretty good hand-eye coordination and reflexes, even if my Initiative's on the low end.

I keep trying to ramp up Intelligence, but I keep falling asleep. CURSE YOU, SLEEP!!

Alarra
2011-12-08, 11:20 PM
Strength and Con. As I'm pretty weak and tend to get sick a lot and am always tired. Dex isn't super high either as I'm pretty clumsy.

Wis is high though, I'm very intuitive, have good common sense and people usually come to me for advice, as is Int, always been a straight-A student, and Charisma, cause even though I think I'm unattractive and shy, everyone seems to like me and I usually end up in charge of things.

Siosilvar
2011-12-08, 11:33 PM
18 is not superhuman if you assume that normal people are generated using 3d6, like the DMG does (the 11-10 and 13-8 distributions are averages of 3d6).

Using that assumption, choose a stat, any of the 6 will do.
1 in 216 people have an 18 in that stat. You probably know 2 or 3 of these people and chances are good that you talk to one of them once in a while.

The chance of a person having at least one 18 with a 3d6 roll is about 2.7% (decently close to 1 in 37).

Also, bodybuilders in real life have achieved lifts that are equivalent to a 23 Strength in D&D. Who's to say that this isn't possible for other stats?

Brother Oni
2011-12-09, 02:42 PM
18 is not superhuman if you assume that normal people are generated using 3d6, like the DMG does (the 11-10 and 13-8 distributions are averages of 3d6).

Using that assumption, choose a stat, any of the 6 will do.
1 in 216 people have an 18 in that stat. You probably know 2 or 3 of these people and chances are good that you talk to one of them once in a while.

The chance of a person having at least one 18 with a 3d6 roll is about 2.7% (decently close to 1 in 37).

As you've said, this is only true if your 3d6 assumption is valid. It could well be that the actual distribution be a tighter normal one than your 3d6 would suggest, so rather than 2.7% of people having a natural 18, it's significantly lower and the observed higher incidence of 18 stats are due to training and skill use (something that's not really reflected very well in D&D).

With regard to the 23 strength for weightlifters, is there a D&D skill that enables people to temporarily increase their strength score for the purposes of hefting things around?
Lifting weights of that magnitude is definitely a trained skill, so is there any reason why it couldn't be reflected in the D&D simulation rules?

Karoht
2011-12-09, 04:17 PM
As you've said, this is only true if your 3d6 assumption is valid. It could well be that the actual distribution be a tighter normal one than your 3d6 would suggest, so rather than 2.7% of people having a natural 18, it's significantly lower and the observed higher incidence of 18 stats are due to training and skill use (something that's not really reflected very well in D&D).

With regard to the 23 strength for weightlifters, is there a D&D skill that enables people to temporarily increase their strength score for the purposes of hefting things around?
Lifting weights of that magnitude is definitely a trained skill, so is there any reason why it couldn't be reflected in the D&D simulation rules?

There are a few Feats as well as a Prestige Class or two that utilize this. Lifting, throwing, or breaking something, all which involve different kinds of Strength and Strength usage.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-09, 04:24 PM
I have a charisma of 20 an intelligence of 16 and a wisdom of negative 12.

dragonsamurai77
2011-12-09, 05:08 PM
Strength, Constitution, Wisdom, and Charisma. Yes, all four of them.

Pie Guy
2011-12-10, 08:41 PM
I have all 18's. We're rolling 19d6b3 right?

Really though, probably strength or maybe charisma. Or both!

Shadowleaf
2011-12-10, 08:52 PM
Con for sure. But that's probably my own fault - I've stopped really working out anymore, I'm a smoker of 6 years, and I drink heavily. :smallsigh:

ShadowySilence
2011-12-10, 10:10 PM
Strength and Constitution, I am quite wimpy.

Dogmantra
2011-12-10, 10:39 PM
I have all 18's. We're rolling 19d6b3 right?

Really though, probably strength or maybe charisma. Or both!

Sweetie, if Charisma is your dump stat, I'm seventeen feet tall and made of brick. And I'm not a house.

Brother Oni
2011-12-11, 03:11 AM
Sweetie, if Charisma is your dump stat, I'm seventeen feet tall and made of brick. And I'm not a house.

Malphite on Dominion with Storm Shield buff?

TechnOkami
2011-12-11, 05:50 AM
Malphite on Dominion with Storm Shield buff?

And Surge. :smallbiggrin:

Malfunctioned
2011-12-11, 06:22 AM
Wisdom. Without a doubt. No question. Incredibly long-sighted and stupidly oblivious to almost everything as well as seemingly lacking in tonnes of common sense? Yup, that's me.

Though my other stats would probably be, in highest to lowest...

Charisma
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Strength

Lonely Tylenol
2011-12-12, 05:16 AM
Wisdom and Strength.

I actually said it best: I can perform complex mathematical equations in my head, but I can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

As far as Strength goes, I can lift people heavier than I am and stagger about with them (the definition of "maximum load" is defined by what you could lift over your head, or what you could lift and then stagger about with). Technically speaking, this one narrow definition of Strength puts me at a 12 or 13 (according to the carrying capacity rules), but I'm sensible enough to know the real truth is closer to half that. Bear in mind that my own weight is pitifully light for someone my age, height and gender (115lb, 22, 6'0, male).

Castaras
2011-12-12, 06:24 AM
Strength. I am a real weakling, it's amusing. :smalltongue:

Sanguine
2011-12-12, 06:50 AM

Oh! You meant in D&D.

Hmm, for Exalted my Attributes would be thusly:

Strength: 2-3
Dexterity: 1
Stamina: 2ish

Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 1
Appearance: 3

Perception: 1
Intelligence: 3+
Wits: 1

I'm probably an extra as well.

Vixsor Lumin
2011-12-13, 01:33 AM
Well maybe Vixsor here is just that sexy :smalltongue:

Yay a compliment! Can I sig that for my ego please? Haha

Castaras
2011-12-13, 06:31 AM
Ooo Exalted stats.

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 2
Stamina: 1

Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 2
Appearance: 2

Perception: 1
Intelligence: 3
Wits: 1

Meow.

TheGeckoKing
2011-12-14, 10:42 PM
Strength and Wisdom. I'm spindly and skinny and I have the sensory perception of a walnut in a shoe box.

Solaris
2011-12-15, 07:52 AM
Before enlisting, I would've said Strength. Now, though, it's somewhere around a 14-16 (depending on how recently I've worked out, and we're going by the bench press = lift over head/stagger about with weights). My current dump is definitely Charisma. While I'm certainly quite distinctive (the sort of face you never forget, apparently - this bodes ill for my criminal career), and have apparently put a lot of ranks in Intimidate (dude, I make children cry by smiling - and not sissy American kids, neither, Iraqi kids), I'm also reclusive by nature and awkward in social situations. Kill 'em dead? No problem. Talk to a pretty girl? Bwahahaano.

Sissyphus
2011-12-15, 03:28 PM
My dump stat is defiantly charisma, the inability to look people in the eye, to talk to anyone, to make myself heard...

Slipperychicken
2011-12-17, 06:20 PM
Charisma. My Friday nights are very lonely. Getting anyone to do anything is like pulling teeth.

EDIT: No one said Int because most of us play games that emphasize either strategic elements, or we understand complex systems like 3.5e, and even the less-complicated systems still involve a good bit of math and/or critical thinking. Try explaining dice mechanics or strategy to someone with below-average intelligence and no experience with tabletop rpgs. Knowing what a dump-stat even is requires understanding several difficult concepts, and posting in this thread requires at least a little self-awareness.

onthetown
2011-12-17, 10:19 PM
I would say Wisdom. My Perception rolls suck.

But I've got some nice bonus spells from my Charisma because of it, so I think it's a fair trade. :smallwink:

For those of us that play RuneQuest, my dump stat would be my Size, at around a 9. I'm barely over 5'0" and I'm not very overweight for the category either. Not that I have any control over whether or not I got to dump it.

Morph Bark
2011-12-18, 07:13 PM
Wisdom for sure. I was practically born with an array good for a wizard, but with no ability to become one.

I can pretty safely say that a low Wisdom to me feels like not having the insight to correctly use decent Int or Cha. Or any of the others for that matter.

Ashen Lilies
2011-12-21, 07:37 AM
Wisdom. Ye gads, Wisdom. I'd probably forget my head if it weren't attached. Instead, I've done the next best thing and not noticed I was wearing my backpack (which, according to most people weighs about 3 tons because I can't be bothered to stow my textbooks in my locker) just before the start of class , gone all the way to the other side of the (rather large) school building to fetch it from my last class, suddenly noticed that I actually was wearing it, then walked sheepishly back to my current class, trying to forget that that ever happened, and ignoring the stares of the people who noticed I just walked across the entire building and back for apparently no reason. I have also walked into a Tesco's, looked around the Tesco's, say "hey, this looks kind of like Big C", only for my dad to look at me strangely and say "That's because it is Big C."
Hell, I get a lot of these moments around my dad. I think I must be adopted or something, because his Wisdom is through the roof. :smalleek:

Next lowest after Wisdom are Strength and Dex. Con is about average. Int and Cha are above average. I'd love to be able to say that Cha is my highest stat (:smallwink:), but unfortunately my Int is probably slightly higher.

Blue Ghost
2011-12-21, 05:31 PM
My dump stat is Wisdom. I'd say it's gotten a bit better recently (not completely abysmal anymore), but still quite low. Dexterity and Constitution are below average as well, and Strength is average at best. Charisma, I really have no idea. Intelligence is really my only good score. Shame, I would have liked to be a cleric if my Wisdom weren't so low.

Grue Bait
2011-12-21, 06:39 PM
Strength and charisma, unfortunately. Intelligence, wisdom, and dexterity are high, and constitution is average. I can do all sorts of complicated math problems, but talk to someone of the opposite sex? No chance.

Frozen_Feet
2011-12-21, 06:47 PM
I don't think I have one. I feel my physical stats are all pretty even and average, and I work constantly to improve them. Out of my mental stats, I'd say my intelligence and wisdom are notably higher than my charisma, but the last can't be too awful either, as I've been noted to have some talent in fields associated with it. I think my flaws are so specific (near-sightedness, for example) that they'd better be presented by flaws or traits (such as murky-eyed).

Viera Champion
2011-12-21, 08:44 PM
Constitution.

I'm not weak (though I'm not strong), I consider my self quite dexterous, wise, and charismatic, and I'm told I'm smart.

But heaven knows I can barely take a hit, or run for any long distance.

Glass Mouse
2011-12-22, 01:38 PM
Constitution is a clear contender. I get sick 6-7 times a year, I handle stress badly, my pain tolerance is non-existing, and I tire easily. Plus, lack of sleep or food completely annihilates me.

Wisdom is close, too. I'm oblivious as heck, and I hardly ever notice my surroundings. On the other hand, my common sense is strong.

Charisma and strength are both in "not bad, but definitely not noticable" territory.

Dexterity is all right except for the occasional fumble that sends my phone flying.

Intelligence is my only good stat, but still only in regards to analytical/logical thinking, as facts tend to seep out of my head.

Wow... being a commoner sucks XD

Strength and Wisdom. I'm spindly and skinny and I have the sensory perception of a walnut in a shoe box.

Thanks for the laugh :smallbiggrin:

Newman
2011-12-22, 01:58 PM
Endurance and Agility. Everything else is fairly high: Charisma above average, and getting better every day, Intelligence and Wisdom very high, Strength fair (getting slightly above average). Luck fair. Perception high. Yeah I'm using Fallout stats, I've only played D&D once.

Although I take issue with the way these stats are built. I mean, a person who is both very intelligent and very wise will automatically be pretty persuasive, right? People notice that wisdom, and listen.

Brother Oni
2011-12-22, 03:27 PM
Although I take issue with the way these stats are built. I mean, a person who is both very intelligent and very wise will automatically be pretty persuasive, right?

Unless they behave like an absolute arrogant prat about it (low charisma). As mentioned earlier, you may be the brightest, cleverest spark on your team, but if everybody hates your guts, nobody's going to listen to you.

Knaight
2011-12-22, 03:28 PM
Although I take issue with the way these stats are built. I mean, a person who is both very intelligent and very wise will automatically be pretty persuasive, right? People notice that wisdom, and listen.
That's optimistic. A stutter alone can undermine that for a great many people, as can not carefully picking words for the audience, which is very much a social skill first and foremost. Consider the various intelligent, wise scientists who are utterly horrible at explaining their work to the general public, where charismatic reporters who may well lack in both wisdom and intelligence (and usually do lack in actual knowledge of the field) can get listened to.

Mina Kobold
2011-12-22, 06:34 PM
Hmm, Charisma, I think.

My social skills basically boil down to ranting, awkwardly answering easy questions and obscure exposition. ;_;

After that, I don't know, maybe Strength? I am very weak for 187cm.
Or maybe Constitution, since I have a perpetual cough and can't keep up a run for even a minute.

I don't know about Wisdom or Intelligence, I think they're my best ones. Maybe, Wisdom should probably make me more sure of myself, though... ^_^'

Awkwardness aside, I am pretty sure my dexterity is positive! It may not be great, but I don't have silly dex-coughes to stop it! :smallsmile:

Esprit15
2011-12-23, 12:10 AM
Probably charisma. I'm decent looking, but I can't talk to people very easily, especially in person. I tend to be too logical in things, which can make me difficult to talk to, and makes me a bit argumentative. I also like making people angry, which certainly doesn't help. And then there's getting nervous. I stutter a lot, and trip over my words even when I'm just reading from a book. I figet as well. I think it was once described like watching a caged animal when I speak to people who I don't know. And then when I get nervous I get frustrated. And then I am a bit arrogant. SO yeah, I probably have a nasty charisma penalty.

For the others, I am pretty well off. I would have a great Intelligence, being in the top of my class and an IB student. Scored above the 95th percentile in PSATs last year. Read like a college student at a young age (or so the tests say). Strength is decent. I am by no means a body builder, but I'm not weak. I can apparently easily lift up my father, who is a few dozen pounds heavier than myself. Constitution is very good. I am rarely sick, and when I am it is nowhere near as bad as it is with other people. I have very good endurance, and have survived things that should have hurt me way more than they did. The endurance and strength are probably helped by swimming. Dexterity is...I don't really know. I'm fairly agile and have good balance, but I never have actually had my dexerity tested before. Wisdom is okay. I can get a read on people easily, but that's because most highschoolers are pretty predictable. I have good common sense, but that's eventually just from being surrounded by "Hey, let's go drive drunk on the icy highway" level reasoning. I normally am perceptive, but I get distracted easily. If I am reading, I can pretty much block out the world.

Well that was longer than need be.

Ulysses WkAmil
2011-12-23, 12:53 AM
Strength, Strength, Strength, I'm very weak-muscled, but can withstand extreme tempuratures and long periods of dirt-raking fairly well.

Physics_Rook
2011-12-23, 02:33 AM
I could kill myself for not saving it, but Howard Taylor of Schlock Mercenary had a wonderful and short article on time being his preferred dump-stat.

He likened it to the propensity of d&d players to dump their "time" ability score in order to improve the rest of their "ability scores".

If I recall correctly, he proposed that most if not all your other "stats" could be improved (do some degree or another) simply by spending time on them.

It was an interesting view point I wish I could find or recount more accurately, but alas, I can't find the article offhand, and my google-fu and archive delving have failed me.

Esprit15
2011-12-23, 02:53 AM
Am I the only one laughing about Intelligence never being a dump stat here, while Charisma, Strength and Constitution almost universally being dump stats? Not trying to troll, just making a funny observation.

Feytalist
2011-12-23, 03:07 AM
It's probably a geek thing.

What's interesting to me is that Wisdom seems to feature heavily here as well.

I've always been told I'm calm and collected, and fairly well-grounded. I also tend to catch things that other people seem to miss, little behavioural tics and quirks and whatnot. I wouldn't say I can read people well, I just tend to catch things here and there.

On the other hand, I'm small and scrawny as hell, so my strength obviously takes a hit.

Glass Mouse
2011-12-23, 08:56 AM
Am I the only one laughing about Intelligence never being a dump stat here, while Charisma, Strength and Constitution almost universally being dump stats? Not trying to troll, just making a funny observation.

Makes sense to me.

What can we assume about a random person here, just from posting in this thread?

Likes to read, at least enough to be familiar with D&D rules and/or with the fantasy genre.
Is comfortable with written communication, maybe more-so than with RL communication if the person is a frequent poster.
Associates with parts of the gamer culture (if such exists), which values intelligence highly.
Is willing to do the thought experiment of applying abstract qualifiers to the real world.

We may also assume that by being here, you have at least one non-physical hobby which takes away time from soccer and other strength/con building activities, but that may be stretching it.

And that's without even getting into other geek stereotypes that may or may not have truth to them.

Of course, there will be people who differ from this (as evident by the people who actually dump int), but overall, don't these things kind of reek of high intelligence? :smalltongue:

missmvicious
2011-12-26, 01:51 PM
Next lowest after Wisdom are Strength and Dex. Con is about average. Int and Cha are above average. I'd love to be able to say that Cha is my highest stat (:smallwink:), but unfortunately my Int is probably slightly higher.

Surely you're STR isn't too bad, if you can carry your books everywhere like that. My husband carried all his books everywhere too, so he wouldn't forget them. He even brought them home and back to school, and walked everywhere. It gave him some nice shoulders. :smallwink:

Dark Elf Bard
2011-12-26, 02:02 PM
Prob'ly con.

Erts
2011-12-26, 07:48 PM

Makes sense to me.

What can we assume about a random person here, just from posting in this thread?

Likes to read, at least enough to be familiar with D&D rules and/or with the fantasy genre.
Is comfortable with written communication, maybe more-so than with RL communication if the person is a frequent poster.
Associates with parts of the gamer culture (if such exists), which values intelligence highly.
Is willing to do the thought experiment of applying abstract qualifiers to the real world.

I believe that the third one is probably the most important statistic, but on a more broad scale.
Simply put, who wants to be known as stupid?
If you are weak physically in the immediate sense, bah, we have machines that are hundreds of times stronger than anyone. You probably have a car, or a moving service, you do not need to carry my belongings over long distances.
If you are clumsy or slow, again, you probably have a car or some other form of transportation. You can get to places far faster than if you ran there.
If you are weak physically in the lasting sense, well, modern medicine probably insures you from dying from a large cut or a broken bone. If you get sick, it puts you out of action for at most a month (this obviously does not include awful debilitating ailments, but these inflicted people just as bad in past times.)
If you are uncharismatic, chances are you can find other people like you easier than you could in rural setting without modern transportation, plus, you can surround yourself with people who like you through the internet.
If you have poor awareness, you will probably find someone who finds the fact that you have no idea at any given time charming.
If you have low intelligence, you are truly out of luck. There are very few way sthat you can get someone to do that for you, furthermore, intelligence is the mark of the modern man.

As for me...
Ironically, I too believe that I have a fairly large intelligence- if it helps, I got in the 97th percentile on the PSAT. My strength is pretty high- I lift a ton, and recently was able set a new PR of picking up double my bodyweight. Dexterity, I'm also fairly agile from wrestling. Constitution, again, wrestling. In Wisdom, I rank high on perception tests. The one where I have a dump is Charisma- I come off as abrasive.

missmvicious
2011-12-29, 01:35 PM
A friend of mine wanted to pipe in, but doesn't want to create a profile just yet. He's new to the forum, and would prefer to lurk for now... so, dictated, but not read:

I think I speak for my whole D&D group when I say, we all dump in WIS. I don't know if I've ever passed a spot check IRL in my life and I'm easily startled because I never notice what's going on around me. Of course I take penalties to Spot and Listen by always having headphones on, but seriously. I wouldn't have heard you coming up anyway.

A good example of my many bad Spot check moments, was when I was at a party last year at missmvicious's apartment. I was out on the patio telling some humorous anecdotes about Team Fortress 2, when I decided to go in for a drink. It was dark, and a lot of people were smoking cigarettes, and I don't have great eyesight to begin with, so it really was no surprise to anyone when I smacked right into the sliding glass door belly first (I'm kind of egg shaped). I laughed it off and made a cursory self-effacing joke, while others retorted that I should ease off on the wine coolers. But then I started looking for the handle to open the door. To my aggravation, I couldn't find it.

A friend started giving me a hard time about, and I turned to cast a few friendly insults his way. The banter continued for several seconds, until I excused myself with a "To be continued..." headed back toward the kitchen and smacked into the same sliding glass door! I had forgotten that it was there.

I had only had one wine cooler that night...

For the record, he has great CON, because he can put up with so much of my crap. He's also got epic CHA! We love his jokes and all the ladies love it when he can make it to the party. He was the best man at our wedding and continues to be a great "uncle" for our son.

Maxios
2011-12-29, 01:38 PM
My dump stat is either Wisdom or Strength.

RandomNPC
2011-12-29, 03:46 PM
Separating Personality from Looks in the Cha scheme of things, gonna go with personality.

I've always felt the need to work out, Cardio and Speed take preference over power when I work out, but you end up getting toned anyway. Physical stats are kept up alright.

Int and Wis, I've always tested well, do well with puzzles, and tend to put 2 and 2 together before being given all the clues (no fun during surprise style movies)

People tend to compliment my look, and I've never had problems with girls coming to me, but I tend to suffer... issues when taking a joke to far, saying the wrong thing, that kind of thing.

Tobimaro
2011-12-29, 11:15 PM
I would say either wisdom or charisma. Wisdom for the fact that I've been known to say things at work that I really should not say (and being a bit of an introvert), and charisma for not being able to land a serious relationship. :smallsigh:

Bladesinger
2011-12-30, 12:25 AM
Wisdom or Dexterity.

Wisdom: While I rarely make the same mistake twice, I sometimes make very large mistakes that could be easily avoided by a simple pause to think about the consequences. On the other hand, my friends often come to me for advice. I've found that I'm good at giving it, but not so good at following it, myself. My wisdom isn't abysmal, but if it's positive, it's certainly not higher than 12. I'm guessing it's around 10 or so. Regardless, I've always maintained that knowing what's a good idea and disregarding it anyway is different from not realizing the good idea at all.

Dexterity: I have absolutely no balance at all, and aside from my hands/fingers while playing video games or my saxophone, no part of me is really all that nimble. I can't shuffle cards or juggle, no matter how many times I try. I also had trouble learning to tie my shoes when I was little and to tie knots in the boy scouts. I knew what I had to do in theory, and I had no trouble visualizing the knots in my head, but I just couldn't make my hands do what my mind told them. Even now, I'm not the klutz that I was when I was younger, but I'm certainly no dual-wielding drow ranger.

My highest stats are probably Charisma and Constitution. My Intelligence is fine enough (I analyze literature like a boss, but can't solve any math problem past what's found in intermediate algebra), but I thrive in social situations and acts of physical exertion. My upper-body strength isn't too terrible, either.

littlekKID
2011-12-31, 05:23 PM
Con, definitely con.
I can't run for two minutes without losing my breath, gym is Torture and I'm the worst at sport at my family , who is made entirely of chubby nerds (and sports is mostly a matter of CON)

Remmirath
2012-01-01, 02:23 AM
I think it must be wisdom. Despite having good eyesight and hearing, I am frequently oblivious to my surroundings to the point where I have failed to notice things such as the furniture in the living room being rearranged.

I'm also very bad at things that fall under Sense Motive, which again would be wisdom.

Salbazier
2012-01-01, 05:18 AM
Rather than what is my dump stat, a better question would be what that is not a dump stat for me? Answer: Intelligence

Morcleon
2012-01-01, 12:13 PM
Strength. I fail at essentially any strength based activity that has any significant amount of difficulty. I make up for this with a great con (for endurance) and dex (for ninja skills).

I used to think it was charisma, but then I realized that I was better than I thought. :P

Morph Bark
2012-01-02, 05:39 PM
It appears the Playground is made up of gorgeous, because nobody dumped their Appearance stat.
/trololololol

DonutBoy12321
2012-01-05, 11:00 PM
Dexterity. Not that I'm extremely clumsy, but I trip a lot. Minor stuff, but still.
People think I have low wisdom, but I don't. I do everything I do for a sensible reason. They just don't know that reason.
They also think I have low Charisma, because I can't have a conversation easily with my current girlfriend. But that's because she doesn't give full answers when I ask questions, and she never tries to start conversation, so I'm always stuck trying to get her to talk.

Kurien
2012-01-06, 11:06 AM
I think someone said something along these lines earlier, but the appropriate question for me is: "What isn't a dump stat?" My STR, DEX and CON are average at best, but more probably around 7 to 9. My WIS is probably around 6 or so, and my CHA is clearly no greater than 4. INT may be my only stat that is above average, but I would rate it as 11 or 12 at best. (I think I based my stats on the d20 ability score system.)

Yes, I'm serious about these stats. And on the off-chance that someone notices this post, I apologize for mebbe sounding kinda angry and bitter. I'm not. -_- 4 CHA...

missmvicious
2012-01-06, 01:46 PM
Hmm... For those of you that are being sad about your dump stats, don't be.

First of all, that wasn't the intention. This is a great forum full of great people that I like spending time with. It was just a chance for all of us to have fun laughing at ourselves and telling amusing anecdotes about our own shortcomings.

And second of all... don't hold yourself up to PC standards anyway. IRL, we're all the NPCs... most of us Commoners, some of us Experts, a few may even be Warriors. Even if you compare us to the low Tier groups, most of us do not have even the STR of a Fighter or WIS of a Monk, let alone the god-like, reality warping powers of a Cleric, Druid, Wizard, or Sorcerer. So don't beat yourself up if you don't have straight "18"s; that wasn't what I was asking, anyway.

Besides, you're all really great to me. :smallbiggrin: That understood, we all secretly know that we each have a Prime stat, and we each have a Dump stat, and that's okay. It's a huge part of what makes us interesting. Please have fun with it... kay? :smalleek:

Alex Star
2012-01-06, 02:16 PM
The difficult part about statting yourself out is figuring out what things actually translate into real life.

Basing strength off encumbrance rules I would wager that I can comfortably say I'm sitting at about a 10 on most days.

How do i measure dexterity? I mean 40 yard dash time can I do a hand stand, can I beat an FPS on the hardest difficulty?

Constitution? I get sick sure, but I recover quick, I've never been slashed with a sword ro bludgeoned by a mace so I have no idea how my body would react. I don't bruise easily and in those fights I've had I've never been knocked out, but how does this really translate to my Con score?

Intelligence? so give me a direct correlation, and not one that involves IQ, it's a fairly narrow measuring stick and it's about as inaccurate a stick as they come. IQ tests require a "mean" to establish above or below normal, the problem is that above normal is not really measured by the test and the "mean" requires that the test be regularly changed. It's been stated and theorized in several case studies that scores over a certain value on an IQ test are inaccurate because the test does not seek to establish a high end score, it only seeks to establish a "mean" value. So if you scored a 200 on your IQ test you might as well throw it out the window, because unfortunately the number doesn't mean anything, it might as well be classified as "TBD". So how do we measure Intellect?

Wisdom? Okay really? Wisdom is like the stat where things you couldn't figure out how to classify gets chunked together. Wisdom is a key value in classes that have deep spiritual roots, like Clerics or Monks, at the same point it governs basic human traits like perception and hearing AND (as one very witty webcomic pointed out) It gets BETTER with age. How on earth does this make any sense at ALL, and furthermore how do you quantify it?

Charisma? Appearance, Force of Personality, Natural Charm? Don't get me wrong but doesn't 90% of what really makes up your charisma revolve around situational modifiers? Different Race that's a penalty until perhaps you're into that sort of thing? Same sex? Penalty or maybe a Bonus? Different Language? Penalty. Accent? Penalty or Bonus as defined by preference. What if people don't generally like a person but they listen to what they have to say and allow them to drive situations because they are more experienced, qualified, and capable of doing so? Oh by the way having other people look up to you because of those factors has this habit of making someone "Appear" more attractive... WTF is this stat about again?

All this being said apparently my dump stat is Intelligence because I seem to be the only one who doesn't quite understand what any of this is supposed to mean.

missmvicious
2012-01-07, 12:50 PM
The difficult part about statting yourself out is figuring out what things actually translate into real life. -snip-

LOL! This amuses me. :smallamused: My husband talks like this. It's not enough to just answer a question... he has to look at it from every possible angle, analyze it, dissect it, discuss existential theory on it, and social relevance and give a possible scientific, philosophical, or theological theory (or all of the above) on how people might answer this question. Then, if you're lucky, he might even answer the question before it gets lost in a rabbit trail.

You are awesome. Please have an internet. :smallsmile:

Starbuck_II
2012-01-07, 01:01 PM
Wisdom. I don't grok things easily. I remember stuff if I can grok them (Int) but groking them even if "common sense" is hard.

I can't spot things unless I know where to look sometimes as well. Although, I have incredible night vision...

Gligarman2
2012-02-05, 11:47 AM
I am so crippilingly overspecialized it's not even funny.

I've got very above average INT and low WIZ. My CHA is fairly good, but it took some work to get there. My CON is so low it's not even funny (I have a fairly crippling immunological disorder) My STR is average. My DEX is fairly high.

So, basically, I can understand the nuances of quantum physics and strange quarks, and I have bonuses to Diplomacy and Bluff, but I am sick as much as I'm healthy. (I also have Flaw: Unable to shut up.)

Riverdance
2012-02-05, 03:25 PM
Charisma. I'm perfectly competent socially but ridiculously gullible. I will believe almost anything somebody tells me with a good straight face.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-05, 08:49 PM
People think I have low wisdom, but I don't. I do everything I do for a sensible reason. They just don't know that reason.

Reminds me of a character named King Bumi... every one of the royal guards completely trusts him, but he does odd things without explaining the reason (for example, when the Fire Nation invaded Omashu, his second-in-command asked him what to do, and he said "we shall do... nothing!" and then cackles loudly. His reason for doing so is Neutral Jing, which is the key to earthbending, and involves waiting for the right moment).

Charisma. I'm perfectly competent socially but ridiculously gullible. I will believe almost anything somebody tells me with a good straight face.
...Sense motive is based on wisdom, not charisma.

Amridell
2012-02-05, 08:59 PM
Lesse here:

Strength is good. 10-12. (I can break through 2 inches of wood with a kick, but that's dex)

Dex is somewhat epic, Taekwon do makes that sure. My aim is impeccable.

Con. We have a winner. I cannot run for more than 5 minutes without a rest. Check that JOG.

Int. My highest score!

Wis would be second to last. I miss the most obvious things.

I can talk people into things, so good Charisma.

ANALYZE'D!

Cazaril
2012-02-05, 11:48 PM
Dump stat? Ha! If this was first edition, I'd be prime paladin material. :smalltongue:

Nah, I'd probably say Wisdom is my dump. I'd say that I'm average in most stats, perhaps a bit above average in Intelligence and Dexterity, but I often display an overwhelming lack of common sense. Plus, I seem to do pretty badly with my untrained Listen and Spot checks...

The Bandicoot
2012-02-06, 01:24 AM
Constitution BY FAR. During winter I have a constant cold that hops between symptoms(head congestion, chest congestion, stuffed nose, coughing, ect. ect.)I always have atleast two symptoms. Then during the summer I have to take a daily over-the-counter allergy pill and even then stay away from freshly cut grass or large ammounts of pollinating flowers. This is a fairly recent development, for most of my life my dump stat was strength. Now strength and constitution have swapped scores.

Faulty
2012-02-06, 10:48 AM
Dexterity probably. When I'm fit I can be pretty strong, I'm smart (at least enough to have people tell me I am @_@) and I think I'm pretty charismatic, at least in smaller groups or one on one. My physical constitution can be iffy (certain foods make me sick easily) and I sometimes am spacey, but I'm not infirm and I'm good at perceiving people's emotions and supporting them, so I'd imagine my WIS and CON are at least decent. Still, I can't aim for crap and even when I'm fit I can't balance or anything. Oddly, I can run in heels, but other than that I'm hardly agile.

STsinderman
2012-02-06, 08:16 PM
charisma, what'r you lookin at!

Not entirely accurate I can be if I need to be, the problem is I just don't like to be.

Serpentine
2012-02-06, 09:03 PM
Wisdom, guaranteed, without a doubt. Wis 6. Ask any of my friends, they'll back me up.
After that, probably Strength. Maybe Dexterity, but there are a couple of Dex-based things I'm pretty good at.

Knight.Anon
2012-02-06, 09:08 PM
Charisma. I'm severely introverted.

danzibr
2012-02-06, 09:19 PM
I think... I don't have a dump stat.

STsinderman
2012-02-06, 09:43 PM
I think... I don't have a dump stat.

Is that your way of saying wisdom?

Lady Tialait
2012-02-07, 03:07 AM
Hmm, I'll just stat myself, because my 'dump stat' is kinda...well.

STR: I can't even really pick up the vacuum cleaner, I can push it, and then I have to roll it to the closet. I have my husband do all the lifting for me, I is weak.

DEX: I'm not clumsy, no one would say I'm clumsy. I am however not quick or agile. My joints have hurt sense I was pretty young especially my back...that started during teenage developments.

CON: You can set your watch on my health. Well...your Mayan watch...calendar...whatever. Every seven years I get so sick I cannot get up for three days. After that is done, I'm pretty much immune to sickness. I can work on something forever, only need about four hours of sleep a night, and if not for aches and pains I would be like the energizer bunny.

INT: Let's see, I am a fast learner. Isn't that all INT is for? Skill points...

WIS: This was lower before I had a kid, now a mouse cannot fart without me not only noticing it but knowing what it ate sense it was born. As for the spiritual aspect of wisdom, I've always been very spiritual....and my will is very solid, almost to the point of being pigheaded.

CHA: My personality is one that when I enter a room all eyes fall on me. I'm rarely argued with, and when I am...I win...mostly. I may not be the most attractive woman in the world, but I figure when you are as awesome as me, you have to leave something for everyone else.

I'd say if anything WIS WAS my dump stat, but the Kid leveled me up a couple of times and the stat points were dumped in there. Now it would be DEX, oddly enough, most characters I play have low Dex scores...I never really liked that stat anyway.

Castaras
2012-02-07, 03:23 AM
Hmm, I've statted myself for D&D, so let's stat for a different system.

Battlelords! :smallbiggrin: Yay percentile based stuff.

Strength: dump stat. Probably 20-30.
Man Dexterity: 70-80. This is pretty good, thanks to all the computery stuff and crafty stuff I do.
IQ: 60-70. Quite a bit above average, but not amazingly so.
Agility: 40-50. I can be a little clumsy when moving, but am pretty good at other things involving agility. Happy Medium here.
Constitution: 30-40. Little weaker there. Can't run for that long. :smalltongue:
Aggression: 40ish. I very rarely get really angry, but I do get depressed some of the time.
Intuition: 50-60. I'm good at noticing some things, not so good with others. :smallsmile:
Charisma: 50-60. Not too bad looking, and can garner attention pretty easily.

noparlpf
2012-02-07, 12:57 PM
I would say "Wisdom, hands down", except that I'm fairly perceptive. On the other hand, I do dumb things for fun all the time. I know it's a bad idea, I know it'll end badly, and I do it anyway.
So Wisdom is probably my lowest stat.

On the other hand, I have poopy stamina, and my immune system isn't excellent. I can take hits and withstand pain, and even force myself to keep going past when I'm worn out by ignoring the pain, but that could imply a large hit die and high Autohypnosis modifier, not high Con. I probably don't have very good Con.

Edit:

Wisdom, guaranteed, without a doubt. Wis 6. Ask any of my friends, they'll back me up.

The way we explain Int vs. Wis to the new players here is to point at me. Int 16, Wis 3.
Although there's still the problem of perceptiveness. Maybe I just used my high Int to put skill points into Spot, Listen, and Sense Motive.

Dr. Bath
2012-02-07, 03:34 PM
Everything except luck.

Joxer t' Mighty
2012-02-07, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I'll have to go for the 'luck' stat as well.

In all humility I have nothing even close to a dump stat, but regardless of your strength, mental and physical, sometimes you're never going to get ahead just by pure random crapshoots.

Some'll say that's just an excuse, but no. Sometimes using every iota of your means can still get you nowhere. Just how it is.

Artemis97
2012-02-07, 03:49 PM
*cough, hack*

Constitution, definately. I am perpetually sick with something. If it's not my stomach, it's my head, if not my head, my throat, etc, etc. Also, I have very little endurance, which I would love to start working on, once I stop being sick.

*sigh*

This is why I always fall into the "Squishy Wizard" category in all those "What class are you?" tests.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-07, 07:01 PM
I'd say that my dump is...Charisma, probably. Not in the "I'm ugly" sort of way (I'm at least average looking) but in the "I can't bluff for crap" way.

I'm a very honest person, even when I don't mean to be. Some part of my body language always gives me away. I have a few ranks in Diplomacy, but I'm sure not getting any goodies from my charisma modifier.

Kalmageddon
2012-02-07, 07:16 PM
Well, I'm not a guy that's easy to read or to approach, I've been told that my usual expression can be easily mistaken for anger or hostility, it probably doesn't help that I'm also pretty tall and big, so yeah... I guess I don't have a good charisma!

Beowulf DW
2012-02-07, 07:18 PM
Maybe you just have a lot ranks in Intimidate?

Kalmageddon
2012-02-07, 07:28 PM
Maybe you just have a lot ranks in Intimidate?

Heh!
Why not, I might as well keep a positive attitude next time a tourist asks me for directions only to take a step back as soon as I turn my head to look at him. :smallbiggrin:

noparlpf
2012-02-07, 08:42 PM
I'd say that my dump is...Charisma, probably. Not in the "I'm ugly" sort of way (I'm at least average looking) but in the "I can't bluff for crap" way.

I'm a very honest person, even when I don't mean to be. Some part of my body language always gives me away. I have a few ranks in Diplomacy, but I'm sure not getting any goodies from my charisma modifier.

Oh yeah, Charisma.
I'm confident in my Str and Int, and fairly confident in my Dex. It's the other three I'm less confident in.
I like to think I'm fairly attractive. (Decide for yourself; there are some pics in the You! thread, I think iteration 29 or 30.) But I'm not very good at lying, and I often get embarrassed in social situations where I have to stand up for myself. (Dealing with computer help lines, for example.) I'm pretty good in other sorts of social situations, though. On the other hand, I don't show many expressions as dramatically as normal people, and I feel like I tend to put strangers on edge because I'm kind of scruffy and my default face when in public looks kind of pissed off because I'm so agoraphobic and paranoid.

missmvicious
2012-02-07, 08:49 PM
*cough, hack*

Constitution, definately. I am perpetually sick with something. If it's not my stomach, it's my head, if not my head, my throat, etc, etc. Also, I have very little endurance, which I would love to start working on, once I stop being sick.

*sigh*

This is why I always fall into the "Squishy Wizard" category in all those "What class are you?" tests.

:smallfrown:

I know what you mean. I used to be sick a lot. It turns out I was just allergic to the cats my mom had. Once I moved out of my mom's house, I got better. I've been relatively cold symptom free ever since. Your situation maybe different than mine, but it also may be something simple that's tearing you down. Maybe be you live in a high pollen or ragweed, or mold region. Maybe it's animal dander, or maybe it's a vitamin deficiency. Vitamins A, C, and E all play a role in boosting your immune system. Eat foods that have a lot of that or take vitamins (not daily multi-vitamins... those really don't work very well) and drink plenty of water, and you may notice an improvement in health.

Artemis97
2012-02-08, 12:32 AM
It's probably pollen allergies, and I live in Florida. Yay. I'm taking anti-histemines, but they aren't being as effective as they could be, so I have a perpetual runny nose and cough.

High stress has also played a role in messing with my stomach, but I'm working on that too. It helps that it's not finals right now.

Thanks for the advice on the vitamins. I really do need to remember to take those every day.

WyvernLord
2012-02-08, 02:55 AM
Charisma though I'm pretty avarage except for Strength. Good genes are fun. :smallbiggrin:

PallElendro
2012-02-11, 03:03 AM
Strength.
Constitution and Intelligence seem to be ok, though.

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-11, 01:27 PM
Practically none. I know awesome right? Well I have a huge penalty to my will save. I mean HUGE.

So Its hard for me to force myself to do anything!

Dr. Bath
2012-02-11, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I'll have to go for the 'luck' stat as well.

I think you misunderstand. Everything is my dump stat. I'm just get by on being lucky enough when it counts.

Kalmageddon
2012-02-12, 07:00 AM
Practically none. I know awesome right? Well I have a huge penalty to my will save. I mean HUGE.

So Its hard for me to force myself to do anything!

...Wisdom? :smallbiggrin:

bue52
2012-02-12, 11:15 PM
I can't decide between Con or Str, I am the weakest weapon load crew in my squadron (But I get the job done, just with more difficulty than the rest) but I also grew up as a very sickly child, though now I am a wee bit better, my sinus never seems to end. Also I either have a flaw when it comes to sight based things, as I never seem to notice a lot of things (Low spot check), but my hearing is very acute, I get easily distracted by sounds, and have very good memory when it comes to songs and beats. Maybe I have some feats in listening and stuff.

Spekari
2012-02-13, 12:05 AM
Definitely Strength. I'm really scrawny and weak and that's that. Constitution is the runner up, seeing as my endurance suuuuuuucks but I almost never get sick (with my fifteenth birthday being the last time I remember being sick).

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-13, 03:13 PM
...Wisdom? :smallbiggrin:

Kinda, but my save is dependant on it then rather then charisma.

noparlpf
2012-02-13, 03:20 PM
Kinda, but my save is dependant on it then rather then charisma.

Oh, fourth edition. *sigh*
(Actually, that's the one thing about 4e I do like. If Charisma is one's "force of personality", shouldn't that affect Will saves?)

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-13, 03:23 PM
Wait. It doesn't? Heck, Ive always let characters choose!

noparlpf
2012-02-13, 03:25 PM
Wait. It doesn't? Heck, Ive always let characters choose!

In 3e it's only Wisdom. The one thing I liked from 4e when I skimmed a starter package on it was that Will was Wis OR Cha, whichever mod is higher.

Faceist
2012-02-13, 03:56 PM
I'd say dexterity's mine. I'm not a very swift runner, for a start, but my day-to-day grace is transcendentally bad. I could win awards for clumsiness. You'd think my living room was a goddamn obstacle course for the elegance with which I navigate it - arms twirling frantically, feet colliding with every conceivable surface, including the ceiling...

Knaight
2012-02-13, 10:41 PM
I'd say dexterity's mine. I'm not a very swift runner, for a start, but my day-to-day grace is transcendentally bad. I could win awards for clumsiness. You'd think my living room was a goddamn obstacle course for the elegance with which I navigate it - arms twirling frantically, feet colliding with every conceivable surface, including the ceiling...

If your feet can reach the ceiling, it is an obstacle course. I hate low ceiling areas - mostly because my house is fairly old, and has a beam at forehead height due to the builders not anticipating anyone as tall as I am being in it. Normally I can avoid it, but every time I'm inside wearing a bike helmet (say, grabbing something last minute) I manage to bump the thing.

Trodon
2012-02-14, 09:58 AM
Charisma for me, although I'm not bad at dealing with people.

Kalmageddon
2012-02-14, 11:01 AM
You think this is bad? Try having a girlfriend (ex now) with abysmal dexterity! I'm not even kidding, we couldnt' even kiss without her accidentally giving me a headbutt! :smallbiggrin: And I won't even comment on other accidents that happened in more intimate situations...

Harry
2012-02-14, 04:39 PM
Charisma I Am pretty bad at talking to People... And stuff

Treharren
2012-02-17, 10:15 AM
Hah, great thread.

And its DEX, easily. Am pretty smart and so on, and athletic, but my all round flexibility and agility is somewhere on a par with a breeze block.

Palthera
2012-02-17, 10:35 AM
Constitution, it would have been strength a few years ago but a couple of years of hauling around boxes of samples and then developing a number of food intolerances... definitely constitution. Everything else is fine though. :)

Audren
2012-02-18, 09:17 AM
Probably Charisma, although my Constitution isn't much better. *cough*

Faceist
2012-02-18, 10:15 AM
You think this is bad? Try having a girlfriend (ex now) with abysmal dexterity! I'm not even kidding, we couldnt' even kiss without her accidentally giving me a headbutt! :smallbiggrin: And I won't even comment on other accidents that happened in more intimate situations...Oh, man. Here's hoping I don't end up in a relationship with someone like 'er. (I'm picturing a sunlit outdoor montage set to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head, except the double bicycle is veering towards a cliff edge, and the smiles on the faces of the cheery old women turn to grimaces of horror as we mow 'em down in droves.)

missmvicious
2012-02-20, 03:27 PM

LOL! 1 Internet for the amusing anecdote. :smallamused: It almost sounds idiot savant, like all that arm-flailing and tripping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMLpyyZHik) somehow becomes an elegant ballet.

You have to wait for it. Anything "Richard" Van Dyke does is a classic, but apparently he's not good enough to get his own clip on YouTube. :smallannoyed:

Copper
2012-02-20, 04:37 PM
Hmm... I wouldn't say I have one. Not that I'm just good at everything, I'm just pretty okay at everything. I'm not paticularly wise, but not really dumb either. I'm really quite awkward around people, but I wouldn't go so far as to say Charisma's my dump stat, given that I'm a natural performer, a pretty good liar and am okay with people. I can hit someone and it hurts, but I'm not very strong and I'm neither clumsy nor graceful. And I am pretty smart if I do say so myself.
So I guess it would have to be constitution. I get sick a lot (probably owing to my awful, awful hygiene habits). Although, when I do get sick I never act like it. I do't stay home from school or nap or go to the nurse or whatever. I just kind of fight my way through. I guess you could say that that's Wisdom, though, so yeah, Constitution.

messy1349
2012-02-21, 09:08 PM
charisma, no doubt.

er, the personality part of it. my appearance is ok. i hope.

my charisma is so low i don't even have an avatar. :smallbiggrin:

Sniper
2012-02-22, 02:54 AM
Probably Wis. My other stats are mostly +2's.

However, my build is rather unoptimised: My highest stat (Cha) is offset by Flaw: Bipolar and Flaw: Anti-social... I'm trying to work those off via RP, but it's been a slow process

Socratov
2012-02-28, 03:46 AM
I think it's con, i have no stamina whatsoever, it is offset though by some lucky hp rolls on a slightly larger HD

dex is fair, i'm certainly not acrobatic, and my handwriting is terrible, but the other motorskills are acutally decent, my cha is my best stat though (since talking seems to be my shtick), followed by int (decent grades without a real effort, not stellar though), and either i have great ranks in spot or i have a decent wis since my eyes are supposedly perfect (that's what the optician said).

Nai_Calus
2012-02-28, 06:38 AM
WIS. I am so very deeply socially clueless.

I suppose my CHA isn't very high either, although oddly the people who actually genuinely like me seem to like me a lot. :P

Grogmir
2012-02-28, 06:55 AM
Strength, followed by Con and Cha,

I have high Wis, Decent INT and Dex.

Although now i'm climbing a lot my STR and Con are improving, nothing I can do about the fact I don't really like other people though :smallwink:

Luka
2012-03-01, 07:33 AM
Strength......Just Strength

I have high DEX and people keep telling me I have extremely high INT though, probably decent to a bit low CON, I don't know but......dude STR's like 5 for me....