PDA

View Full Version : Warlock build help.

Snowbluff
2011-11-30, 05:18 PM
So I am going Clawlock, working on a Warlock6/Bard1/HarmoniousKnightofIforgetwhihcbookthisisin2/HFlock3/LegacyChampion8 or dropping 3 lock levels for Human Paragon, for the bonus feat.

So here are the feats I would like to have. 2 Flaws are allowed. I am worried about the number of prereq heavy feats I am taking that can't taken at level one.

1) Snap Kick (Fanged Ring for Imp Unarmed Strike Requirement, might take up the first portion of my WBL). Wasn't suggested, but if it stacks with rapid strike, it's worth the slot and the 10kg. Lower priority than Rapid Strike, since Weapon Finesse is useful.

2) Rapid Strike
Weapon Finesse will have to taken at 3, since I need +1 BAB for it.
Beast Strike, which would be cool. It was suggested to.

3) Eldritch Claws, but I don't know the requirements, only what it does.

4)Maximize SLA

5) The Feat required for LC, which will be taken at level 12.

6)Some feats for the bard portion, but I know nothing about the class. I am willing to ditch this portion and put the Human Paragon there for more damage out put feats.

I am asking for help with progression for this character, as well as how the action are actually supposed to work for attacks (Just use some unarmed strike to stack more claw attacks with beast strike?). Another thing I would help with is the bard stuff (which may or not be taken, preferably taken early I can use the second HP level for a feat with requirements). Items are good too, never played a 'lock before :smallredface:

OracleofSilence
2011-11-30, 07:22 PM
The key here is in the nature of Bard/Warlock build. If you want bard/warlock, that means you will use your prodigious damage output mainly as a backup. Bard/Warlocks use the Warlock Charm SLA to great effect.

Consider feats for Bards that boost the Fascinate effect for Bardic music, and focusing on spells that your warlock casting cannot replicate (color spray, and other illusions/patterns). I honestly don't know any such feats off the top of my head.

In the long run, you will actually boost damage, sine enemies will have a very hard time defending themselves against your claws of hellish death while staring at all the pretty lights.

If you want to act like a rogue that makes touch attacks, grab two weapon fighting. it will allow you to boost damage yet further.

edit added feat suggestions.

Siosilvar
2011-11-30, 07:34 PM
Eldritch Claws is in Dragon Magazine 358. The only prerequisite is eldritch blast +2d6. You make two claws as a free action; they last for 1 round. They deal unarmed strike + eldritch blast damage.

It does not add your eldritch blast damage to your normal unarmed strikes.

Snowbluff
2011-11-30, 07:40 PM
The key here is in the nature of Bard/Warlock build. If you want bard/warlock, that means you will use your prodigious damage output mainly as a backup. Bard/Warlocks use the Warlock Charm SLA to great effect.

Consider feats for Bards that boost the Fascinate effect for Bardic music, and focusing on spells that your warlock casting cannot replicate (color spray, and other illusions/patterns). I honestly don't know any such feats off the top of my head.

In the long run, you will actually boost damage, sine enemies will have a very hard time defending themselves against your claws of hellish death while staring at all the pretty lights.

If you want to act like a rogue that makes touch attacks, grab two weapon fighting. it will allow you to boost damage yet further.

edit added feat suggestions.

KK, so whats the best way to use my melee feats to claw up the enemy as much as possible?

OracleofSilence
2011-11-30, 07:40 PM
Like i said. Act like a rogue. Your damage is higher and because it is a touch attack, it will hit more often. Don't be shy bout taking hits to BAB to boost attack. Consider Weapon Finesse (i think it said you can give that to eldritch blast as a melee), otherwise, boost strength.

Your damage is reliable. Maybe dip binder for Naberius, or just grab Strongheart Vest so you don't hurt yourself by casting.

Snowbluff
2011-11-30, 08:12 PM
Like i said. Act like a rogue. Your damage is higher and because it is a touch attack, it will hit more often. Don't be shy bout taking hits to BAB to boost attack. Consider Weapon Finesse (i think it said you can give that to eldritch blast as a melee), otherwise, boost strength.

Your damage is reliable. Maybe dip binder for Naberius, or just grab Strongheart Vest so you don't hurt yourself by casting.

Was going to take a feat for the Vest. Forgot to mention that.

Taking hits to BAB and Attack was kinda what taking Human Paragon was about. :smallcool: Same with my Snapkick contribution. Still fiddling with it.