PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Cleric Spells for multiple fights

Stone Heart
2011-11-30, 06:04 PM
I am playing a campaign where we are in a tournament and we have two fights a day, often fighting people much stronger than us. The fights can either be to knockout or death, the general HD of enemies seems to be from 5-7 (so far) and we started it at level 4 and are now level 5.

The only problem I am having is that I seem to use most of my spells in the first round. I know that both fights I have will be one on one (there was a chance one of us would get the 3 way fight, but its already happened) so as a level 5 cleric what spells do you suggest I use. I currently am

Cleric 5
Sun and Fire Domains (Sarenrae is my deity)
and I have been using a scimitar and a heavy steel shield for weapons, Banded mail and an armored kilt for my body. (I know sword and board is not the best but, I was using this character to replicate Leona from league of legends)

So any first party spells on the SRD are viable, what do you think I should use?

MagetaTheLion
2011-11-30, 11:25 PM
So are you buffing your entire party or just yourself before each fight? How many spells do you have per level? Also, in general how many rounds are these battles lasting? Do you know what opponents you will face before you choose spells?

Stone Heart
2011-11-30, 11:42 PM
I do not know my opponents before I face them, I am a fifth level cleric with 18 wisdom, and I am fighting by myself, the fights are one on one. So far I have been using some blasting and some buffing, but maybe I am just using less efficient spells.

I also seem to be having a hard time with bad guys overcoming my spells when I try to cast stuff like hold person, I want to make sure how do I calculate the save they have to pass. Its 10+spell level+ Wis mod?

Stone Heart
2011-12-05, 06:33 PM
Alright, I was away for the weekend, so sorry if this is too old and is a necro post, but does anyone have any suggestions for spells? I have not had the fight yet, and I am still very unsure.

Bhaakon
2011-12-05, 06:55 PM
What are you typically fighting? Casters, melee, monsters? I know you don't know the specific enemy before hand, but is there any type that's particularly common?

Stone Heart
2011-12-05, 06:57 PM
Typically we are fighting melee, even when fighting a caster (like a cleric I fought) and no monsters, just humanoids.

docnessuno
2011-12-05, 06:58 PM
Do you have any preparation time before the fight? How much?

docnessuno
2011-12-05, 07:27 PM
Well, regardless here's something you could try:
1: Protection from (any) x2, Inflict light wounds x3, Burning hands (D)
2: Defending bone x1 Spiritual weapon x2, Produce flame (D)
3: Summon monster III x2, Fireball (D)

Buff protection from alignment for +2 AC and to saves, then rely on summon monster III and spiritual weapon to have a flanking buddy and to increase your damage output. Mix in defending bone if the opponet have no blunt weapon, and/or direct damage spells (inflict, all domain slots) to seize a victory.

Stone Heart
2011-12-05, 07:43 PM
I don't know who I will fight, I can only prepare generally in the morning like usual.

Thank you, I had been considering spiritual weapon, it looks really good.

Anyone else have any suggestions?