PDA

View Full Version : Help with a recurring villain (3.P)

JadePhoenix
2011-12-01, 10:36 AM
Hello, playground.
I'm trying to build a drow recurring villain to bother my party. He should be annoying and dangerous, and also resilient.
I'm currently thinking Hexblade/Binder, focusing on debuffs. I don't know if I should add Blackguard (for resilience) or Assassin (because with Terrifying Strike + Sickening Strike + Hexblade's Curse + Dark Companion + Aura of Sadness, that's -10 to saves, so Death Attack sounds actually deadly, specially if the blade is poisoned).
My party is level 7, so I want him to be around level 11 at first, then slowly let them get closer to him in terms of power.
I'm not really sure how to proceed. My Assassin idea sounds, I don't know, too deadly. He should be a threat, but I don't want him to kill everyone easily.

My party:
human Witch 6/Gunslinger 1
catfolk Factotum 3/Marshal 2/Changeling Rogue 1 (I specifically allowed Changeling Rogue)
half-elf Duskblade 7
human Bard (Daredevil) 6, not sure what this 7th level will be, but he did ask me about this class (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Whipsinger_%283.5e_Prestige_Class%29)
half-drow Drow Fighter 2/Battle Dancer 1/Swashbuckler (Arcane Stunt) 3/Iaijutsu Master 1 (focused on using Mercurial Strike to get Iaijutsu Focus to apply on AoO; uses a refluffed gnome quickrazor)
tiefling Ranger 5/Warlock 1 (building for Mortal Hunter, using Eldritch Claws; he's blind with a homebrew feat that gets him blindsight/sense with range depending on a listen check)