PDA

View Full Version : Little Help Plz!?

SetArk
2011-12-01, 12:50 PM
Hail people!
Well, i'm having a hard time figuring this out..
From the begining.. I'm the DM for my group for a looong time, and finaly my campaing is getting to the end.
With the end of that, one of my best players is going to take place as the DM of the group and i finally can go back to been just an adventurer!(Iei!!!!! \o/ )

But the thing is... He said that i'm were too... "Good Guy" with then, helped then a lot, and didn't used npcs muchikinzed to give then hard times....
So... He's going to be the DM now, and allready announced that he's going to minmax all he can and wanna us to do the same in our characters...
He's giving one flaw, 84 points to atributs (minimum 8 maximum 18 without the race adjustment) and all books from 3.5 are open to us...

So well.. Afther discussing with the rest of the players, the arcane caster role ended up on me.. And i ask u guys...

What's the best way to minmax and **** this super egocentric DM with an WIZARD that's going to hunt him in the deepsts of his nerdnightmeres?!

Srry for the long post...

Krazzman
2011-12-01, 12:55 PM
Google: "Batman Wizard guide" and "Treantmonks guide to being a god"

Else, stay away from blast spells, maybe take 1 or two if you expect to fight swarms (like ventrilic blast). Else Battlefield Control is your part to be a god.

gbprime
2011-12-01, 02:40 PM
What's the best way to minmax and **** this super egocentric DM with an WIZARD that's going to hunt him in the deepsts of his nerdnightmeres?!

I'm partial to the Abusive Elf Mage build.

Cloistered Cleric 1
Five levels Wizard (spontaneous divination ACF, domain wizard, elf generalist wizard)
Ten levels Dweomerkeeper
top off with 4 levels of whatever, preferably something with metamagic feats.

You're able to cast wishes and other XP sucking spells for no XP cost up to 4 times a day, and at 16th level you abuse the Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos conga line to turn your 4 bonus elf weapon proficiencies (and any other useless feats you got by visiting fantastic locations as often as you can) into enough feats to power the Invisible Sanctum Repeat Mage's Lucubration with Arcane Thesis trick... enabling you to recharge all your 5th level spell slots after every encounter... and generally use metamagic at 2 levels lower than the spell normally should be. :smallbiggrin:

Eldest
2011-12-01, 02:50 PM
Link to Treantmonk's guide. (http://coboard.wikia.com/wiki/Treantmonk's_guide_to_wizards:_Being_a_God)
Edit: However, this sounds like your best player may not make the best DM. Depends on if everone else enjoys the new game.

gbprime
2011-12-01, 02:54 PM
PS - if your DM likes killing PC's, don't forget to pick up the Minor Shapeshift feat. As long as you have a 4th level or higher polymorph school spell in your head, you can give yourself Temp HP each round equal to your hit dice. AS A FREE ACTION. Wizard no longer fragile, wizard happy.

dextercorvia
2011-12-01, 04:03 PM
PS - if your DM likes killing PC's, don't forget to pick up the Minor Shapeshift feat. As long as you have a 4th level or higher polymorph school spell in your head, you can give yourself Temp HP each round equal to your hit dice. AS A FREE ACTION. Wizard no longer fragile, wizard happy.

It is a swift action, so that rules out using quickened spells, etc.

gbprime
2011-12-01, 04:06 PM
It is a swift action, so that rules out using quickened spells, etc.

True. But at medium levels, you won't be using a lot of quickened spells, even the ones that cast as swift actions, since there aren't too many vital ones. You'll have to choose between at higher levels, but the Temp HP last more than a single round, so you can get away with it more often than not.

Aegis013
2011-12-01, 04:15 PM
Personally? I like the Killer Gnome. Tons of utility, after level 8, you can keep trucking near endlessly with your Silent Image (Residual Metamagic and a lesser metamagic rod of persistent spell makes it literally endless... and lets you use 6 spells to get 3, 24 hour Silent Images that cast all kinds of neat evocation and conjuration(creation or summoning) spells.

Here's the guide:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872354/Shadowcraft_Mage_Handbook

SetArk
2011-12-12, 04:04 PM
Thx guys helped a lot here ^....^
This elven wizard is just lovely ^-^