PDA

View Full Version : GitP Monster Competition LXI: Pressure's dropping Voting Thread

Mulletmanalive
2011-12-01, 12:50 PM
[CENTER]Pressure's Dropping
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz256/mulletmanalive/De_Windstoot_-_A_ship_in_need_in_a_raging_storm_Willem_van_de_Ve lde_II_1707.jpg
Image Public Domain

When a cold wind blows, it chills you, chills you to the bone - Muppets Christmas Carole

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Well, November has just blown past and I'm sure most of us have felt the pressure. Without further ado, lets see who the raining champion will be this month. Okay, i'll stop...

Vote for your favourite entry in Bold

{table=head]Monster|Creator|Votes

Nortraddi|Chaos_Laicosin|1

Frostmaker|TheGeckoKing|5
[/table]

Voting ends Midnight GMT December 8th. I have an interview on the 8th so i'm not willing to stay up to close the contest on the night of the 7th...

The Tygre
2011-12-01, 05:12 PM
I'll give a vote to the excellent Frostmaker.

Eleven
2011-12-02, 01:18 PM
The Nortraddi are nice and flavourful and would be a deeply satifying encounter. Nice work to you both.

Mulletmanalive
2011-12-02, 01:28 PM
counted to here

havocfett
2011-12-02, 02:36 PM
Shouldn't that say December 8 in the opening post? Or is there an entire year of voting going on here?

I personally prefer the Frostmaker and therefore vote for it.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-02, 02:56 PM
Vote goes to the Frostmaker.

Mulletmanalive
2011-12-02, 03:07 PM
counted to here

Debihuman
2011-12-03, 06:59 AM
Frostmaker although I liked the Nortraddi very much.

Neither of you really understood the Lore section. I'll just take this opportunity to explain it for the next contest. It is based on Knowledge checks:

Knowledge Check

In many cases, you can use this skill to identify monsters and their special powers or vulnerabilities. In general, the DC of such a check equals 10 + the monster’s HD. A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster.

For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you recall another piece of useful information.

Here is how it looks for the Nordatti:

A successful Knowledge (arcana) check reveals the following:

DC 33: The nomads of the Gorlack Valley dust plains are master hunters of nortraddi and travel the plains in armour crafted from nortraddi hide.

DC 38: Their hunting methods and hide working techniques are carefully guarded secrets and outsiders are rarely taken along on hunts.

DC 43: Leather armour made from nortraddi hide is 50% heavier, has DR 2/-, and has 10 electricity resistance. It is considered masterwork.

DC 48: Hide armour made from nortraddi hide is 50% heavier, has DR 3/-, and has 15 electricity resistance. It is considered masterwork.

Debby

Tanuki Tales
2011-12-03, 07:01 AM
Got to cast my vote for the Frostmaker.

Mulletmanalive
2011-12-03, 01:25 PM
Counted to here

Mulletmanalive
2011-12-05, 07:55 PM
Well... thos is embarrassing...

Appears i've closed the polls two days early...

Chaos, as an apology, i'll do an illustration for you too.