PDA

View Full Version : I really hate Windows Movie Maker

Dr.Epic
2011-12-01, 03:39 PM
So, I'm editing a video in Windows Movie Maker and I've just about had it with this program. First, it won't use Quicktime, the format for my videos so I have to convert everything. Then, sometimes, for no reason, the video portion will just go black, no audio or sound. I can't just slit a video in two, I have to bring the ends of the video to a speciffic point if I want to cut to something else, and if I want to cut back to the a section of the first clip, I have to bring the full clip in again and bring the ends to that section. Placing audio over certain parts is just a pain. Then, when I go to publish the video, the final thing is still a mess and I'm going back in to see what the problem is.

I really hate the program. It takes me forever to do anything. Luckily I got Adobe Premeire Elements 10 not too long ago and I'm hoping it's much better. I haven't installed it yet, as I'm waiting until the video in Windows Movie Maker is done to motivate me to finish it. I'm hoping I'm done the thing by tonight so I can see how much better Premeire is.

Mando Knight
2011-12-01, 04:32 PM
So, I'm editing a video in Windows Movie Maker and I've just about had it with this program. First, it won't use Quicktime,
Understand something: Quicktime is an Apple product. Windows Movie Maker is a Microsoft product. It would be more surprising if they did work together.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-12-01, 04:47 PM
Indeed, they rarely work toghetter. Still, Premiere is so, so, so much better then Windows Movie Maker.

factotum
2011-12-01, 05:47 PM
Indeed, they rarely work toghetter. Still, Premiere is so, so, so much better then Windows Movie Maker.

Product you have to pay for is better than something bundled free with the OS? Astonishing! You'll be telling me next that water is wet, the sky is blue, and bears really do that thing in the woods... :smallbiggrin:

AsteriskAmp
2011-12-01, 07:19 PM
Product you have to pay for is better than something bundled free with the OS? Astonishing! You'll be telling me next that water is wet, the sky is blue, and bears really do that thing in the woods... :smallbiggrin:
Some products bundled for free ARE better.

Microsoft Word (When it still came bundled and not with the 30 day free liscense) and I believe I have a bundled photoshop in my laptop are better than most pay for products despite coming for free.

Flickerdart
2011-12-01, 09:36 PM
Pinnacle's license is very cheap, and I've had good experience with it. It's not a replacement for a serious editing program like Final Cut or Premiere, but it'll do basic stuff fine.

factotum
2011-12-02, 02:24 AM
Microsoft Word (When it still came bundled and not with the 30 day free liscense) and I believe I have a bundled photoshop in my laptop are better than most pay for products despite coming for free.

Neither of those are free products in the normal course of events, though--you may have got them bundled free, but most people who use Word or Photoshop have to pay for them! Certainly I don't see Microsoft providing Word for free to every Windows user anytime soon, which is what they do with Movie Maker.

H Birchgrove
2011-12-02, 10:12 AM
Whoa. I didn't even know I had WMM. :smalltongue:

Erloas
2011-12-02, 11:18 AM
Personally I hate quicktime, and I have for 15-20 years. I'm so glad that it is almost completely gone now and that I've been quicktime free for about 5 years.

And I would sure hope Premiere is better then WMM. Its only $800 for the full version (given few people probably end up paying the full price). Even Elements is $150 (base), thats a lot of money for something like video editing if you aren't going to be doing it a lot. WMM isn't designed for someone doing a lot of production work, its designed for someone that wants to makes a few short home movies and isn't going to learn nor pay for, a full featured video editing program.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-03, 09:00 PM
So Premiere turned out to be 100 times better than Movie Maker. Glad I spent my cash on that. No more wasting time with that program. Now I have a whole new program I can waste time with.:smallwink: