PDA

View Full Version : What Music Genre are You?

TechnOkami
2011-12-01, 07:07 PM
A fun and relatively pointless thread where we describe our personalities through Music!

The genre in question doesn't have to be one you like, or it could be your diehard favorite. Nevertheless, the point of this is to see what music genre BEST matches you.

I'll start off and say that the best genre which depicts little 'ol me would be: Smooth Jazz.

Moff Chumley
2011-12-01, 08:47 PM
Hmmm... noise rock, probably.

'cause I'm obnoxious and loud and whatnot.

THAC0
2011-12-01, 09:50 PM
a mix of classical and country.

Esprit15
2011-12-01, 10:05 PM
Synthetic, classical-style music. Traditional, but still modern at the same time.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-01, 10:53 PM
Uhh... I like Guile's Theme from Street Fighter 2 (the original one, not the electric guitar one. Although I will admit the electrical guitar one was still adequate to make the sonic rainboom more epic), Imperial March, Bringer of War, Last Agni Kai, and both versions of Kung Fu Fighting.

So... fighting music?

Science Officer
2011-12-01, 11:00 PM
Uhh... I like Guile's Theme from Street Fighter 2 (the original one, not the electric guitar one. Although I will admit the electrical guitar one was still adequate to make the sonic rainboom more epic), Imperial March, Bringer of War, Last Agni Kai, and both versions of Kung Fu Fighting.

So... fighting music?

Have you ever listened to Sabaton? :smallsmile:

I would be... umm some kind of electro.

Feytalist
2011-12-02, 03:51 AM
I'd say metal but... I'm not much of a metalhead, really.

So, darkwave/dark ambient then. Dark, gloomy, atmospheric, just enough flair to be interesting.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-02, 05:05 AM
Probably free jazz.

Weird as hell and all over the place; widely disliked by most people but thought of as pretty cool by those that do like me.

Orzel
2011-12-02, 07:19 AM
I am not a genre. I am an album as I am hip hop. More Alt hip hop though. A club banger, an agressessive track or two, a dirty song with a R&B chorus about you know what, a nice song for a romantic interest or family member, a crazy hiphhop/ reggae song only a few people understand, a track about how great I am, then another song about curved female regions. And a bonus track about kittens or OJ because I'm different.

Alternative Hip hop.

valadil
2011-12-02, 09:55 AM
Mr. Bungle. I change genres mid-sentence because I'm eclectic and bore easily.

Moff Chumley
2011-12-02, 10:18 AM
Probably free jazz.

Weird as hell and all over the place; widely disliked by most people but thought of as pretty cool by those that do like me.

I dunno, I don't know many people who grudgingly tolerate free jazz. :smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2011-12-02, 10:20 AM
Is non-sequitur a genre? That, or what ever They Might be Giants is.

Scarlet Knight
2011-12-02, 11:12 AM
Hmmm, easy going, traditional, big on family & fantasy... I guess Country with a touch of Trop Rock.

Castaras
2011-12-02, 11:15 AM
Some sort of pop/prog rock combo. Weird but easily likeable. :smallsmile:

Kneenibble
2011-12-02, 11:57 AM
"The other had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony, but rather a clamorous unison as of many trumpets braying upon a few notes. And it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern."

:xykon:

:smallfrown:

TechnOkami
2011-12-02, 12:04 PM
"The other had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony, but rather a clamorous unison as of many trumpets braying upon a few notes. And it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern."

*squint* I'll guess... Silmarillion?

SDF
2011-12-02, 05:30 PM
I'm crunkcore because I have no standards.

Mx.Silver
2011-12-02, 06:48 PM
Industrial: Aggressively dark with a self-deprecating streak and hardly anyone listens to me :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2011-12-02, 06:49 PM

That's Godspeed You! Black Emperor or I'll buy a hat and eat it. =V

The_Snark
2011-12-02, 07:03 PM
Ambient music, I think: low-key, calm, inoffensive. Nice enough to listen to, but not the sort of thing most people seek out.

Mx.Silver
2011-12-02, 07:17 PM

As previously mentioned in the thread, it's from The Silmarillion. Bon Appétit :smalltongue:

Weezer
2011-12-02, 07:45 PM
As previously mentioned in the thread, it's from The Silmarillion. Bon Appétit :smalltongue:

It's on the third page in fact.

Moff Chumley
2011-12-02, 10:05 PM

...for some reason when posted earlier in the thread I thought you guys were talking about Marillion. Derp.

For the record I've never listened to Marillion nor have I read The Silmarillion. And in my defense it totally sounds like a description of a GSY!BE song. :smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-12-02, 11:24 PM
I dunno what I am.
Let's see, really damn smart, knows way too many things, and takes great joy in the breadth of knowledge and intelligence, however takes even greater joy in sheer noise, and in creativity. A dark core, however, that I seek to hide from others, but underlines everything that I do: an irony in the knowledge that no matter what I do, it all will be for naught in the end, for I'm insignificant in the grand total of things.

... Huh. Any idea for genre?

TechnOkami
2011-12-02, 11:43 PM
I dunno what I am.
Let's see, really damn smart, knows way too many things, and takes great joy in the breadth of knowledge and intelligence, however takes even greater joy in sheer noise, and in creativity. A dark core, however, that I seek to hide from others, but underlines everything that I do: an irony in the knowledge that no matter what I do, it all will be for naught in the end, for I'm insignificant in the grand total of things.

I'd say gothic/symphonic meta.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-12-02, 11:44 PM
I'd say gothic/symphonic meta.

Aw man, I don't like metal...

Can I be batcave proto-goth? I like that! I'm very much of a post-punk kinda guy...

TechnOkami
2011-12-02, 11:53 PM
Aw man, I don't like metal...

Can I be batcave proto-goth? I like that! I'm very much of a post-punk kinda guy...

Dude, you can be what you will (it's kind of the point of this thread :smallwink:)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-12-03, 12:11 AM
Psh, if we COULD be whatever we want, I'd be the exact mix between hardcore punk and post-punk, proto-grunge, alternative prog-rock epicness and pretentiousness (Oh, pretentiousness is SOOOO part of me!) that is F***ed Up! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW0-jrDeSgQ)

I mean, that's the kinda music I wish I wrote. When I first REALLY listened to a song by them, the song "Son the Father", my draw just dropped and I said "THIS was the sound I've been trying to get! And the lyrical themes are the same too!"

Kindablue
2011-12-03, 01:00 AM
I dunno what I am.

That sounds like modern art music to me. Luciano Berio's Sinfonia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQKJ0ACJuCY) might be a good example.

Kneenibble
2011-12-03, 12:05 PM

oh snap :smallbiggrin:

Gwyn -- with that self-description, I'd call you early 90s Goth. Heh.

Hattish Thing
2011-12-07, 02:44 AM
Pure Imagination all the way.

Reejis
2011-12-08, 07:26 PM
Well I guess I'd be a jam-band, as I tend to ramble a bit lol. I also get excited pretty easily and I'm a pretty amiable guy, so maybe punk-twee jam? Hey I'd listen to it.

Dienekes
2011-12-08, 07:36 PM
I've been told my most constant traits are that I'm loud, obnoxious, repetitive, and annoying, yet inexplicably some people still like me. So I'm probably J-Pop.