PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] A spell to make an object immovable (like the rod)?

Drelua
2011-12-01, 09:59 PM
Basically, is there any spell to make an item anchored in space like an Immovable Rod, in 3.5, Pathfinder or even that someone homebrewed? I've been thinking about making a gish for a modern campaign with magic. I had the idea to use magic to make a bullet unable to move right before someone fires, forcing the gun backwards, which I imagine would hurt quite a bit. I can homebrew something, but I'd feel like a moron making up my own spell only to find out that there's already something out there that does the same thing.

I'd appreciate any help! :smallsmile:

Rubik
2011-12-01, 10:39 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/immovability.htm

Best used with a Metamorphosis'd psicrystal.

Campbellk8105
2011-12-01, 10:44 PM
Wallz of Force are immovable.

So you could emulate that somehow, otherwise go with Rubik's input.

Keegan__D
2011-12-01, 10:50 PM
Considering the flavor of that is mentally attaching yourself to the fabric of the plane, I don't think it works for bullets. Homebrewing a spell (not power) to do that though would work. Immovability gives you a power level, a flavor to base off of (anchoring to the fabric of the plane), and all the info for anchoring yourself or others. Maybe kick it up a spell level or two, since you can anchor enemies, or make a bridge, or stop a bullet in a chamber, likely knocking the gun out of their hands, and many other countless things that exemplify why spellcasters are overpowered.
Maybe you could just go with the bullet only thing. Not sure how to fluff it.

Edit: Not familiar with Psionic powers, but there's probably a telekinesis one, one you could push with the exact same force as the bullet back directly at it. This would accomplish your bonking them and stopping a bullet from being fired.

Drelua
2011-12-01, 11:12 PM
That Immovability power looks cool, what if there was a similar spell that could only target 'object touched', requiring a strength check to move it? Would that be more or less powerful than a personal range?

Actually, better idea, what if there was a spell or power that effected 1 firearm touched, doing damage to the person that fires the gun, or disarming them if they fail a strength check, or maybe if you beat their CMD? Psionics could work for me, maybe with an augment option to give a bonus to your CMB modifier when they fire.

Also, should this be moved to the homebrew forum?