PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Can some one explain Blood Transcription?

Aemoh87
2011-12-01, 10:39 PM
How does it work with an Alchemist? Does the Alchemist add the spell to his Formula list? What can he do with it? Maybe I am just tired and can't understand it, but please help.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blood-transcription
It's in ultimate magic as well.

Also I didn't find anything in the Q&A.

JoeYounger
2011-12-01, 10:50 PM
I'm relatively ignorant here, but it seems pretty straight forward. You gain an understanding of the spell for 24 hours. As an alchemist you have the ability to write it down in your formula list.

Aemoh87
2011-12-01, 10:54 PM
I'm relatively ignorant here, but it seems pretty straight forward. You gain an understanding of the spell for 24 hours. As an alchemist you have the ability to write it down in your formula list.

So after SEVERAL readings I think I have it:
1. You can only learn "spells/formulas" that are on the alchemist list.
2. You have 24 hours to put them into your Formula book.

Psyren
2011-12-02, 01:26 AM
Why is this [Evil]? Sure it's pretty gross, but it's not like it requires YOU to kill them.

twas_Brillig
2011-12-02, 01:32 AM
Why is this [Evil]? Sure it's pretty gross, but it's not like it requires YOU to kill them.

Also, you're probably killing enemy spellcasters anyway. Being disrespectful to their bodies is therefore more evil than...making them bodies.

Psyren
2011-12-02, 01:49 AM
Also, you're probably killing enemy spellcasters anyway. Being disrespectful to their bodies is therefore more evil than...making them bodies.

That too. It's not like that enemy sorcerer has a spellbook you can scribe out of. So man up and do some shots to save the world, I say.

janetkissho
2014-01-04, 09:38 AM
I do not have an accurate answer to this, still this (http://wizscribe.buzznet.com/user/video/5526917/transcription-services/) person can help you as he is expert in transcription and has solved many queries of mine too.

MonochromeTiger
2014-01-04, 10:19 AM

it's the involvement of blood. oddly enough no matter how understandable the process is as (at worst) morally grey if blood or undead are involved you're instantly a terrible person for using it. summon a zombie to save an orphanage? worst person ever, each of the orphans will kick you as they flee from you. use blood of anything humanoid as a reagent, regardless how you get it? town guards suddenly pull out weapons and charge you because clearly you will destroy the town once you're done divining where the murderer's hideout is.

it's really all because of how things are perceived, blood, negative energy, and death are pretty commonly associated with evil. you can be the most good aligned person in the world but the second you use one of those things people suspect you of evil practices...which is really insulting to those of us who actually prefer evil, do you think we want some random "good" character to get in on our territory? honestly alignment issues would involve more common sense if there weren't a "good" or "evil" descriptor on spells that don't directly involve actual good or evil..and even those would be more situational..