PDA

View Full Version : Extra swift action?

Dragannia
2011-12-02, 07:31 AM
Warriors of optimisation, I beseech thee!

I was wondering if there was a way to get extra swift actions a turn that doesn't involve Ruby Knight Vindicator. For roleplaying purposes I'm trying to combine Abjurant Champion's "Arcane Boost" with Jade Phoenix Mage's "Arcane Wrath" and I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get them both on the same attack?

Mystral
2011-12-02, 07:34 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147271

Person_Man
2011-12-02, 08:57 AM
Synad from Complete Psionic is a LA+0 race. Once per day you can burn 1 power point to get a second swift action for your turn that must be mental.

There's also the Time Stop spell, Island in Time Eternal Blade capstone, Greater Celerity spell, Swiftblade PrC, and Temporal Acceleration psionic power, which give you extra rounds, and thus extra Swift/Immediate actions.

Tyndmyr
2011-12-02, 09:02 AM
Belt of Battle can be used to gain an extra full round, and thus an extra swift action, 1/day.

Saph
2011-12-02, 09:05 AM
Belt of Battle can be used to gain an extra full round, and thus an extra swift action, 1/day.

But it costs a swift action to activate. :smallwink:

The 8th-level Diamond Mind stance from Tome of Battle effectively gives you an extra swift/immediate action per turn, but you can only use it for counters.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-12-02, 10:02 AM
Synad from Complete Psionic is a LA+0 race. Once per day you can burn 1 power point to get a second swift action for your turn that must be mental.

There's also the Time Stop spell, Island in Time Eternal Blade capstone, Greater Celerity spell, Swiftblade PrC, and Temporal Acceleration psionic power, which give you extra rounds, and thus extra Swift/Immediate actions.

IIRC you can take a feat to have up to two extra mental swift action as a Synad

dextercorvia
2011-12-02, 10:23 AM

You don't get a full round of actions, you get a full round action -- at the expense of your swift.

Douglas
2011-12-02, 11:03 AM
Greater Celerity gets you a full round action, not 1 round's worth of actions, and it costs a swift or immediate action to cast. It leaves you with fewer swift actions than before, not more.

The rest are not useful for the purpose the OP is asking about.

In general, additional swift actions are extremely difficult to acquire. Ruby Knight Vindicator is referenced for the purpose so often because it is almost the only way to do it. Almost all other means of acquiring more swift actions do it by giving you entire extra rounds of actions, which isn't particularly helpful for combining two swift action buffs on one attack, and most of them (the exceptions I know of are Shapechange into chronotyryn, and Thrall of Demogorgon) don't let you attack during those extra rounds.