PDA

View Full Version : Gaining crafters with Leadership feat?

kudosmog
2011-12-02, 12:24 PM
I've taken the leadership feat, and have a nice base of operations setup.
My idea was to start gaining crafting followers(basic armor, weapons, woodworking, stonecutters or whatever), and have my cohort be an artificer, or someone who would do really well creating magic items.

Some of this is due to RP, and some is due to being in an evil campaign in a "good" world. It's tough to get certain magic items, and I'm gonna need me some nightsticks =P

Anyway, is there any specific class/race etc that would be good at making magic items that I should keep an eye out for?

JoeYounger
2011-12-02, 12:45 PM
Are you playing 3.P?

On the PFSRD there is a race called a boggle, that lets you craft any magic item without the item creation feat by upping the final DC by 5. It also gives you +2 dex +2 int -2 cha, and +2 craft, disable device, and UMD.

Its legit. I just picked up a boggle cleric as my cohort to craft for me.

kudosmog
2011-12-02, 03:56 PM
3.5e with pretty much every supplemental book available. I'm not sure if that race exists in the world, but I'll look it up and see if I can't seek it out.

Are there any classes that would make good magic item creators over any other?

Seerow
2011-12-02, 03:59 PM
3.5e with pretty much every supplemental book available. I'm not sure if that race exists in the world, but I'll look it up and see if I can't seek it out.

Are there any classes that would make good magic item creators over any other?

Artificer.

Gavinfoxx
2011-12-02, 04:19 PM
Yea, get yourself to eberron campaign setting book and look up the Artificer class...

Rapidghoul
2011-12-02, 04:21 PM
For class, Artificer.
For race, aim for something that has a racial bonus to craft checks (even dwarf and gnome have these) or a high Int (for craft) or Cha (for UMD) score. A human could pick up a bonus feat for any crafting feat you want, plus it gets +1 skill point to put towards the above skills, or a Gray Elf could use +2 int and +2 cha for various benefits.

Socratov
2011-12-03, 05:49 AM
if the Dm forbids artificer you can always take a crafterlock (lvl 12 warlock, 2lvls of chamelion) with you...

Little Brother
2011-12-03, 06:30 AM
For class, Artificer.
For race, aim for something that has a racial bonus to craft checks (even dwarf and gnome have these) or a high Int (for craft) or Cha (for UMD) score. A human could pick up a bonus feat for any crafting feat you want, plus it gets +1 skill point to put towards the above skills, or a Gray Elf could use +2 int and +2 cha for various benefits.You mean Magic-blooded Grey Elf? Grey Elves only get a bonus to Int and Dex.

And you shoulda gone Thrallherd. Get a crafter, make it craft out all its XP, kill it, wait 24 hours, repeat.

Vile and demented, but EFFICIENTLY demented.

But you're level 6, right? Your cohort won't be high-level. It'll only be level 4. That's, like, a wandificer at best. Your crafting won't work for a coupla levels.

BobVosh
2011-12-03, 08:19 AM
You mean Magic-blooded Grey Elf? Grey Elves only get a bonus to Int and Dex.

And you shoulda gone Thrallherd. Get a crafter, make it craft out all its XP, kill it, wait 24 hours, repeat.

Vile and demented, but EFFICIENTLY demented.

But you're level 6, right? Your cohort won't be high-level. It'll only be level 4. That's, like, a wandificer at best. Your crafting won't work for a coupla levels.

Urg...to make...evil npc....rising....

Rapidghoul
2011-12-03, 10:06 AM
You mean Magic-blooded Grey Elf? Grey Elves only get a bonus to Int and Dex.

Gah, you're right. I mixed up gray elf with a homebrew race I played that was based off gray elf.

kudosmog
2011-12-04, 09:13 AM
Thanks everyone for the ideas. More options are more better in case the DM trumps any weird races/classes.

My ECL is ~ 15, my amount of HD is 10 (due to vamp spawn and prestige class)

Wouldn't killing followers start incurring penalties when trying to recruit new followers?

Hazzardevil
2011-12-04, 10:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the ideas. More options are more better in case the DM trumps any weird races/classes.

My ECL is ~ 15, my amount of HD is 10 (due to vamp spawn and prestige class)

Wouldn't killing followers start incurring penalties when trying to recruit new followers?

Thrallherd is a psychic who effectively bends slaves to his will, followers have no say in the matter of following him.

Little Brother
2011-12-04, 11:16 AM
Thrallherd is a psychic who effectively bends slaves to his will, followers have no say in the matter of following him.Which is why it's so funny.