PDA

View Full Version : Power to the people! Xenoblade Chronicles confirmed for North America!

T.G. Oskar
2011-12-02, 04:25 PM
Unless Mr. Fils-Aime is pulling off players a fast one, it seems one-third of Operation Rainfall's mission is apparently complete (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/09LPao0thCWTobgndPH5UTuz4zsz63F4).

Found it while checking on RPGamer.com, and it must be already on Siliconera and Kotaku. It's probably the one other game aside from Skyward Sword to make me buy a Wii. Also, it's on April, so it's gonna release pretty soon.

What are your thoughts?

Eakin
2011-12-02, 04:39 PM
I'm happy that the Wii will finally be good for something besides collecting dust (Yes, yes, I know, Skyward Sword, I haven't played that yet), but in all honestly I'm not 100% sold on the quality of this game. I know it has a cult following, but I think it's become a symbol of frustrated "hardcore" Wii owners and wouldn't have made much impression if it were a PS3 or 360 title.

I'll wait for the reviews.

Illieas
2011-12-02, 04:57 PM
Unless Mr. Fils-Aime is pulling off players a fast one, it seems one-third of Operation Rainfall's mission is apparently complete (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/09LPao0thCWTobgndPH5UTuz4zsz63F4).

Found it while checking on RPGamer.com, and it must be already on Siliconera and Kotaku. It's probably the one other game aside from Skyward Sword to make me buy a Wii. Also, it's on April, so it's gonna release pretty soon.

What are your thoughts?

*EXPLETIVE* YEAH!

Not sure if it is because of project rainfall but I salute them in their push for this. The JRPG market and wii games market for me has been pretty slim pickings for me and this very much needed.

and i hope nintendo keeps these releases up.

Zevox
2011-12-02, 06:38 PM
Finally - and here I was thinking that Skyward Sword would be the last game worth a damn released on the Wii.

Though honestly, the early-year releases are really starting to pile up on me. I've already got Mass Effect 3, Tales of Graces F, Dragon's Dogma, and Asura's Wrath that I'm either definitely or probably (in the case of Asura's Wrath) picking up day 1, if Amazon is accurate I've also got Devil Survivor 2 (they list it as a February release, but that may just be a placeholder since I haven't seen a date for it anywhere else), and now Xenoblade on top of those. And here I thought four games in about a month's time in early 2011 was a lot.

Zevox