PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Jedi Sorcadin

MukkTB
2011-12-02, 07:35 PM
It seems to fit to me. Worship 'positive energy.' Claim your Cha to save comes from guidance based on your attunement. Use spells like true strike and mage armor that don't have immediate visible effects. Maybe take the celestial bloodline for the sorcerer.

How would you go about doing this on the technical side? Pal 2 Sorc X? What statblock for PF point buy 25? What do you declare as your favored class? What feats do you stick in there? I'm interested more in the 1-8 side of the build than higher levels. Mostly this is a thought exercise in how to follow the theme while being effective rather than pure fluff or pure optimization.

ericgrau
2011-12-02, 08:05 PM
Pal 2 / Sorc 6 / Eldritch Knight X (or abjurant champion), but I suppose that doesn't change the first 8 levels.

From there it's mainly about spell selection. Since you're cha focused you want to get regular sorcerer spells for the most part in spite of the eldritch knight in the build. The extra BAB might help with ranged touch spells I suppose. Plus once per day your smite has a HUGE bonus to hitting, so that could combine well with a spell storing melee weapon (as a once per combat backup) with vampiric touch or empowered magic missile. Perhaps even power attack but blowing a feat on one spectacular attack is a bit much. Complete Warrior has an extra smiting feat granting 2 extra uses.

Also don't forget that you can use all paladin wands even though you can't cast paladin spells. So you can pick up a wand of cure light wounds.

If you're thinking more Jedi melee focused then unfortunately your saves are a lot lower because you need to focus on strength and eldritch knight becomes even more important. Don't worry, it's easy enough to select spells where the save and thus cha doesn't matter very much. Alternatively you get extra smiting as many times as you can but that's an awfully feat starved build.

Or to force the first option to work you'd be Jedi with enchantment spells, mage hand, greater mage hand, levitate, telekinesis (9 magically stored/shrunken greatswords are the best thing to chuck), etc. and the occasional smiting spell storing power attack, but sword blows are not your main focus. The only problem is that an enchantment focus isn't as great in a world where many things do not have minds. But in the right campaign setting it could be awesome.