PDA

View Full Version : 1st Edition AD&D Tweaked/Homebrewed Classes

TheGreyArcher
2011-12-02, 08:14 PM
Does anyone remember some of the older Dragon magazines?

They used to list classes for 1st Ed. AD&D.

Anyway, there were some in there that I modified to make into actual Player Character classes. They were either too powerful or too pathetic before.

I'm not sure as to how I'd list them (all in this thread or in a separate thread for each) .... but I have a few:

The Archer
The Incantatrix
The Healer
The Charlatan
The Duelist
The Jester

as well as other homebrew classes I've made (note, these are NOT the same as the 3.5e classes, in fact, they are VASTLY different...but the names were too good not to use)

The Rogue
The Favored Soul

and for giggles, a class not to be taken seriously:

The Beggar

so I guess, if a mod could direct a newbie such as myself as to how I would go about listing these? I'd really like to share them and get some reviews from you fine people.

jiriku
2011-12-02, 09:34 PM
Your classes will probably get more attention if you list them in a separate thread. A lot of people only have a little time here or there to read the forum and respond, so anything that's a massive chunk of text to swallow can be inconvenient to read. I'd suggest you put some thought into your titles, as a good title draws more eyeballs than a bland or misleading one.

Do take the time to look through the notable threads (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124688), if you're new to the Homebrew forum. Good stuff in there.

Classes look extra nice when formatted according to the table format you'll see used on this forum. I recommend it. There are several tutorial threads to refer to if you need them (I learned by just quoting other people's threads and stealing their formats).

If you're looking for a particular kind of response or feedback, be sure to ask for it. The default assumption when you post on homebrew is that you're looking for constructive criticism on your work.