PDA

View Full Version : Mithral armor

Morquard
2011-12-03, 12:50 AM
Hi

It says that Armor Check Penalty is reduced by 3 for mithral armor.
It also says that mithral is automatically masterwork and the price for that is already included in the price given.

But what about the ACP? Is the masterwork ACP bonus included in the 3 of mithral already, or is it actually 4?

kardar233
2011-12-03, 12:52 AM
It's included, AFAICR. Which is a shame, which means a Mithral Breastplate still has -1 ACP.

vitkiraven
2011-12-03, 01:15 AM
Use the Master class from War of the Lance, they have a scaling ability for masterwork qualities, from Renown to Legendary (from -1 to -5). Since only 1 of those -1 would be removed by the mithril, you can get a slightly better set of armor, now your fighters in full plate can sneak almost as well as your Rogues with similar stats and skills. :smallsmile:

Flickerdart
2011-12-03, 02:14 AM
It's included, AFAICR. Which is a shame, which means a Mithral Breastplate still has -1 ACP.
Yep. Take a look at the Full Plate of Speed - a +1 Mithral Full Plate which is stated to have an ACP of -3, whereas it's normally -6.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-03, 03:06 AM
Yep. Take a look at the Full Plate of Speed - a +1 Mithral Full Plate which is stated to have an ACP of -3, whereas it's normally -6.

Psh, just go Dread Commando. Sneaking in mithral full plate w/ no ACP = win.

Dazed&Confused
2011-12-03, 08:34 AM
Psh, just go Dread Commando. Sneaking in mithral full plate w/ no ACP = win.

Or just cast/have someone cast Iron Silence, much less trouble :smalltongue:

Morquard
2011-12-03, 12:37 PM
Damnit, I thought I had answered already. Guess I forgot to hit Send :)

Yes, the breastplate is what I was interested in, oh well, I guess -1 is not so bad though.

Just to make sure however, in 3.5 that can be work with Light Armor Proficiency, right? I know in PF it's specifically called out that it still needs medium, but that sentence is missing in 3.5.

Flickerdart
2011-12-03, 01:05 PM
Yes, mithral armour drops a weight category in 3.5.

Barlen
2011-12-03, 06:18 PM
SRD Breatplate (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Breastplate)
(yea its the site no one likes but its accurate and I prefer the layout for weapons/armor)

The given costs include the masterwork component. The armor check penalties for masterwork armor and shields are lessened by 1, except mithral. The armor check penalties for mithril armor and shields are reduced by 3.