PDA

View Full Version : DM needs some help coming up with Organization challenges

kryshen
2011-12-03, 12:44 PM
Let me summarize. My players have contrived to become leaders of a portion of a global organization secret society. The Organization is made up of four parts, Assassins, Paladins, Mages and Barbarians (conflict of ideals!) all banding together to usurp a world-power they consider immoral (or at least detrimental to their own goals). Two members of the party are currently the co-leaders of the Assassin guild. Now, while the party is off slaying demons, I'd like to have them have logistical problems, diplomatic problems, economic problems, just general book-keeping tasks, and that's where you come in.

So far, I'm going to include segments of the guild, all on different kinds of missions. I might give them lists of missions they can do, the risk:reward calculated as well. Sort of FFT dispatch-esque missions. This will contribute to their intake of money, which they will have to spend on training and equipment and wages. They'll get to negotiate all of these things, which will make their soldiers more or less useful. They can also use this to change the skill-sets of their soldiers (if they spend more money on magical training their assassins will be more magical etc). The soldiers will also acquire loot, and the characters will need to decide how the loot is divided (20% to leaders:80% to soldiers or some such ratio). And of course, if the soldiers feel they are being mis-represented, they might get a little irritable.

I think the players will also approve of me letting them build a castle or fortifications of some sort.

So, with all of that said, do you guys have any other ideas for how I can challenge them with organizational tasks with a mass number of people? (Probably an organization of about 5500-6000 combatants and 10,000-12,000 non-combatants)

Aegis013
2011-12-03, 01:09 PM
The game doesn't lend itself to events on that kind of scale. I've pondered it for a little while and haven't thought of anything that would lead to fun good times. Not with that many participants...

lord pringle
2011-12-03, 01:48 PM
Do you own Heroes of Battle?