PDA

View Full Version : WoD: Vampires -The Dark Ages. How many dots does the average human have?

Boci
2011-12-03, 12:59 PM
I'm considering building a vampire that relies heavily on his ghouls to get her stuff done, and I was wondering what each ghoul would be capable of exactly, but I do not have access to the books. I remember my friend said the average human has 2 dots in almost all their attributes, with 3 in a single one they are best at. What about abilities and backgrounds?

LemuneSD
2011-12-04, 03:57 AM
Basically, an average NPC has 2 dots in most stats that apply to them as common, and probably alot of 1 dot stats, a few of their better stats with 3 Dots. 2 dots represents competence and a bit of training in that area, average for someone who isn't exceptional but still acceptable in that field.

IE an average policeman might have 2 dots in firearms, an average person who doesn't regularly use guns but took a self defense course might have 1 dot. A military marksman can get 3-4 dots. World class marksmen might have 4-5 dots.

A boyscout/girlscout/street bum might have 2 in Survival, a kid still in school who read some books might have 1, a scoutmaster or a bum who's survived for a few years could have 3-4 dots.

You shouldn't say an average person has 2 dots in everything, though. If you want a blanket stat level, 1 dot in all would probably be more appropriate to common, untrained individuals. Remember that it will be boosted for rolls when combined with Int, Dex or whatever so the pools won't be one dice.

Shadowleaf
2011-12-04, 04:50 AM
Basically, an average NPC has 2 dots in most stats that apply to them as common, and probably alot of 1 dot stats, a few of their better stats with 3 Dots. 2 dots represents competence and a bit of training in that area, average for someone who isn't exceptional but still acceptable in that field.

IE an average policeman might have 2 dots in firearms, an average person who doesn't regularly use guns but took a self defense course might have 1 dot. A military marksman can get 3-4 dots. World class marksmen might have 4-5 dots.

A boyscout/girlscout/street bum might have 2 in Survival, a kid still in school who read some books might have 1, a scoutmaster or a bum who's survived for a few years could have 3-4 dots.

You shouldn't say an average person has 2 dots in everything, though. If you want a blanket stat level, 1 dot in all would probably be more appropriate to common, untrained individuals. Remember that it will be boosted for rolls when combined with Int, Dex or whatever so the pools won't be one dice.
The average 2 dots is attributes only. I'd say a standard human has as many 1 dot attributes as s/he has 3 to kinda balance it out.

Skills-wise LemuneSD was pretty much spot on. Most people will have most skills at 1 max 2, with some job/hobby relevant skills at 3. I'd say 4 in a skill would be known nationally by people interested in the field (a marine biologist known in academic circles, for instance), while 5 is known internationally (same marine biologist might have a book which is standard college material all around the world).

comicshorse
2011-12-04, 07:20 PM
Of course as your picking the Ghouls you can choose those with above average skills and attributes

Jarveiyan
2011-12-05, 08:53 PM
Mortal creation rules - Attributes (6/4/3), Abilities (11/7/4), Backgrounds (5), Virtues (7), freebie points (21).