PDA

View Full Version : first gladiator-solo

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 04:30 PM
The city of generica is set deep doldrum mountains. A city state that lives off trade with the dwarfs and it own massive slave markets. Though this is not what draws massive crowds, no that is the arena. The arena is now 300 years old, and it is a spot of interest in the rather dull doldrums. It is the place were the cream of the slave markets are made to fight for the entertainment of the crowds, and enrich their owners.

You are the fresh meat, this is your first game. If you do well, you survive another day. If you do badly, you die. It is recommended that you do well.

Now the morning of the games, you are dragged up half awake, given your equipment. You had 1 minute to get dressed and prepare to be sent out to face an opponent.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 05:58 PM
Saida glares at the guards with death in his eyes, and his left hand makes a strange sign - the shape of a gun if anyone were here who knew what that was - but the moment soon passes. He's about to get his chance anyway, no sense wasting energy now.

He gets his gear on in a matter of seconds. They're all just trinkets, really, nothing that holds any real value to him. His internal preparation takes a little longer. It's always a rush when he activates Synesthete (1 pp), and it usually takes him a little to sort out the rush of new senses. He switches between feeling sound ([roll0]) and feeling sight ([roll1]) a few times, just to reacquaint himself with it, before leaving it on "sight" and turning to enter the arena.

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 06:14 PM
As Sadia enters the arena he hears the roar of the crowd. over all, a voice loud over the crows is saying something. oddly you can't make out what he is saying, and now that you think about it the crowd is a little muffled.

as you enter the arena, so does your foe. it appears to be a masive man. it carries a huge sword in either hand, clad in a light chain shirt. on its back is a large bow.

roll initiative.

going with a rogue style map...
#######
#....&....#
#............#
#...............#
#.................#
#...............#
#.............#
#.....@....#
#######
you are @, big guy is the &
each . is a five foot square.

coming out the other arena is a large Human

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 06:24 PM
Sadia grins. He's always enjoyed the big ones, so full of themselves....

Init: [roll0]

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 06:32 PM
the massive thug charges across the arena, swinging his blades low... well low for him, head level for the halfling. the halfling manages to duck out of the way, the foe still of balance from the dual strike...

#############
####..........####
###..............###
##..................##
#......................#
##..................##
###.....&.......###
####...@....####
#############
now the map works, or should...

halflings go

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 06:46 PM
Sadia grimaces - and then a smirk spreads across his scarred face.

The first thing anyone in the stands notices is a subtle throbbing vibration, more felt than heard, that builds rapidly to a bowel-shaking rumble of a hundred chanting voices...

...and then a brilliant ray of fire pierces upwards through the scrum.

Concentration (manifest defensively): [roll0]

Touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]*1.5 <- wild surge 2
Enervation: [roll3] <- if this is less than 10, Sadia is dazed for a round.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 06:53 PM
So passed the check to manifest defensively, 54 damage, and not enervated.... meaning Surging Euphoria kicks in WOOOOO!!!!

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 07:05 PM
the man curses as a hole is burned through his side, showing white bone through the exit hole. but he is still standing, and tries to take the halflings head in a windmil of blows.
only one lands, but it leaves a deep wound... 20 damage

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 07:18 PM
Sadia blinks in disbelief. Surely the man must be half-dead... and he himself was bleeding too! He squirmed around to the side (5-foot step), and the shuddering thunder echoes once again....

#############
####..........####
###..............###
##..................##
#......................#
##..................##
###.....&.......###
####...@....####
#############

Concentration (manifest defensively): [roll0]
Touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]*1.5 <- wild surge 2
Enervation: [roll3]<- if this is less than 10, Sadia is dazed for a round.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 07:25 PM
Crazy how similar those two sets of rolls are...

58 damage, still not enervated. PP left: 31.

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 07:58 PM
both the second attacks go wide of the man, missing by a hair. (looked back at his touch ac, oops)

and another wave of blows... three hit. 46 damage this time... and he decapitates his small foe.

...later, with a massive headache the halfling comes to. he is back in his cell, and he can hear the faint roar of the crowd. now that he can here the announcer clearly. "And Double Blade McLane is the new champion! From his shortening of an already short foe, to his latest win against War Wane, McLanes rise has been meteoric! and its only three short days till the next championship, wonder if any of the downed foes will come back to challenge the Dicer?"

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 08:17 PM
both the second attacks go wide of the man, missing by a hair. (looked back at his touch ac, oops)

and another wave of blows... three hit. 46 damage this time... and he decapitates his small foe.
((Wait, so nothing hit him? I'm a little surprised a Barbarian got a touch AC of 16, may I ask how or is that spoiler?))

...later, with a massive headache the halfling comes to. he is back in his cell, and he can hear the faint roar of the crowd. now that he can here the announcer clearly. "And Double Blade McLane is the new champion! From his shortening of an already short foe, to his latest win against War Wane, McLanes rise has been meteoric! and its only three short days till the next championship, wonder if any of the downed foes will come back to challenge the Dicer?"
Sadia clenches his fists. Dammit, and after so long! He keeps lying there, but his eyes search around for any living thing to take out his frustrations on.

((Is my pp/hp back?))

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 08:30 PM
he had a 16, 4 from dex, 2 from a modified doge feat(+1 doge ac ever 4 levels). also he was a pure fighter, and I let him duel wield falchions for two feats... so he was swinging a full attack of +8/+8/+3/+3, for 2d4+5 criting on a 15-20x2... he didn't have power attack, only a modified TWF and stuff to boost it. he was from a character I made for a pbp that never got of the ground, swinging duel bastards. but two feats(OTWF and EWP) for a +2 to damage was a little sad... so now there is a nemesis!
(think he was to broken?)

he hears a a guard standing near the door of his cell cakaling. "heh, you were sad boy! did'nt last a round! p'rised they reasd ya, but the Wizerdy guy insisted... so sleep tight, got a round tomarow. try to get ahead this time! hehahaeh..."

(AMF/APF, so you feel as though your power is just beyond your grasp.)

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 08:48 PM
he had a 16, 4 from dex, 2 from a modified doge feat(+1 doge ac ever 4 levels). also he was a pure fighter, and I let him duel wield falchions for two feats... so he was swinging a full attack of +8/+8/+3/+3, for 2d4+5 criting on a 15-20x2... he didn't have power attack, only a modified TWF and stuff to boost it. he was from a character I made for a pbp that never got of the ground, swinging duel bastards. but two feats(OTWF and EWP) for a +2 to damage was a little sad... so now there is a nemesis!
(think he was to broken?)

Not broken. The homebrew Dodge feat makes sense. Without that it would have been very difficult for him to get that high even with maxed Dex, which is why I was surprised. Would that feat be open for me to take eventually? I probably won't, but just checking. Any other houserules?

he hears a a guard standing near the door of his cell cakaling. "heh, you were sad boy! did'nt last a round! p'rised they reasd ya, but the Wizerdy guy insisted... so sleep tight, got a round tomarow. try to get ahead this time! hehahaeh..."

(AMF/APF, so you feel as though your power is just beyond your grasp.)
Sadia grits his teeth, his fingernails digging into his palms, and doesn't go to sleep until he's found /something/, a rat or even an insect, to crush. If he doesn't find anything, he'll pace endlessly until morning, futily pushing against the APF the whole time.

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 08:56 PM
that was rather why he got it. I was just tossing some random buffs for him to be a challenge. it would be, if you chose to spare the feat. other stuff will be added to NPCs as they need it... so I am not certen as of yet what I will add... expect NPCs to get random stuff, ranging from hombrew and tweaked feats to hombrew classes.

he menages to find a tiny bug after an hour.

in the late morning, he is again tossed into the prep room with his stuff. he gets another minute of prep time.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 09:10 PM
Sadia goes through the same routine as before, making sure to recharge his double focus. Something was going to pay for this......

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 09:24 PM
as you enter the arena...
As Sadia enters the arena he hears the roar of the crowd. over all, a voice loud over the crows is saying something. oddly you can't make out what he is saying, and now that you think about it the crowd is a little muffled.

the oponent seems to be a medium hight man, leaning on a staff with an odd red gem on its top. he has the handles of five battered greatswords sticking out over his shoulder, and on his belt a gem gleams wrapped in silver. the air in front of him glows like a mirage, and he seems to be focusing intently. (psi craft/knowledge psi

roll initiative!

###################
#######...&.....#######
######..............######
#####..................#####
####......................####
###..........................###
##..............................##
#..................................#
#######...@....#######
###################
notice the much larger arena. same denominates, different guy.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 09:31 PM
Instead of a grin, Sadia's foul mood burns through. His fingers start forming the shape of a gun again....

Init: [roll0]

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 09:32 PM
the halfling rocks the initative... a look of worry crosses the mans face.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 09:51 PM
The thunderous chorus begins again... only sharper and more agitated this time.

Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]*1.5 <- wild surge 2, using Psionic Shot
Enervation: [roll2] <- if this is less than 10, Sadia is dazed for a round.

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 10:24 PM
(77 damage right?)

the bolt of flaming destruction hits the man square in the chest. it burns some, but appears to be weakend and spread. the man menages to stay upright.

"That the best you got?" he spits.

with a wave of his hand, the greatswords on his back rise into the air and shoot toward the Sadia.

three hit, dealing a total of 28 damage. he then flops down on his bottom prone.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 10:34 PM
Sadia glows in the warmth of his Surging Euphoria, and storms forward despite the sword.

###################
#######...&.....#######
###...........@.............###
#######........#######
###################

Touch attack:
Damage: [roll1] <- wild surge 2, cold damage this time
Enervation: [roll]1d100 <- if this is less than 10, Sadia is dazed for a round.

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 10:43 PM
again the damage is sublimated.

a sword slashes Sadias side, four others flying off harmlessly. 5 damage.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 10:59 PM
Sadia surges forward again. He wants to see the pain in this frustrating opponent's eyes when he dies...

###################
#######...&.....#######
###............@............###
#######..........#######
###################

Damage: [roll1] <- wild surge 2, electric this time damage this time

22 pp left

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 11:02 PM
this time, the bolt flat out stops just in front of the mans skin.

the swords go flying again, another blade strikes home. 8 damage.

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 11:05 PM
Sadia reaches the prone Wizard, pointing his hand straight down at him execution-style.

###################
#######...&.....#######
######.....@........######
#######..........#######
###################

Damage: [roll1] <- wild surge 2, back to fire

13 pp left

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 11:09 PM
the bolt stops again.
the man does a mockingly similer gesture. he fires a beam of crystls, that go wide.

"damn" he begins to sweat...

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 11:17 PM
Sweat's pouring from Sadia too. What foul protects is this man using? Little choice now. Time for Plan B...

He closes his eyes and begins forging an Astral Construct.

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 11:19 PM
defensivly? (also, roll a knowledge (psionics))

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 11:21 PM
defensivly? (also, roll a knowledge (psionics))
Concentration: [roll0]

Know:Psi: [roll1]

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 11:31 PM
and a fizzle... also, no pertanent infermation appears.

the psion screams "go away!"
a solid weight slams into the halfling.
DC17 will save or go 50' up at a 45 digree angle, then fall 35' for 3d6 falling damage...

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 11:38 PM
and a fizzle... also, no pertanent infermation appears.

the psion screams "go away!"
a solid weight slams into the halfling.
DC17 will save or go 50' up at a 45 digree angle, then fall 35' for 3d6 falling damage...
((do I lose my pp in this situation or not?))

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 11:41 PM
(as I think you lose a spell if it fizzles, I think you lose the pp... but that may be wrong. going to run with that as my ruling though...)

also falling damage on a failed save [roll0]

(also, next fight you get a monster. I am running out of nearly even characters. this was a bit of a stretch..)

sonofzeal
2011-12-03, 11:48 PM
(as I think you lose a spell if it fizzles, I think you lose the pp... but that may be wrong. going to run with that as my ruling though...)

also falling damage on a failed save [roll0]

(also, next fight you get a monster. I am running out of nearly even characters. this was a bit of a stretch..)
((I think that's it for my hp then. Again, may I ask what I was up against?))

bobthe6th
2011-12-03, 11:52 PM
try for the save, only a DC17will. a 50/50 chance.
and heck a DC15 reflex save for half.
(well... it was a level 5 elan gestalt psion//ardent with a 7pp cog crystal. had as many pp as you, but lower ML... and it was an elan. that was him dumping power to stop the bolts after the second.)

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 12:00 AM
Will: [roll0]

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 12:08 AM
(well... it was a level 5 elan gestalt psion//ardent with a 7pp cog crystal. had as many pp as you, but lower ML... and it was an elan. that was him dumping power to stop the bolts after the second.)
((If he had about my pp... then if he spent the entire load on defence, he still would have taken 82 damage, which should have been almost enough to kill him twice over. Doesn't add up. :smallconfused:))

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 12:08 AM
yep, rolled reflex...

the tiny body looks like it has been shot out of a cannon. it flies, it flies, it flies, then slams into the ground.

Sadia blacks out, feeling several of his bones brewak in the impact.

next morning...

Sadia once again wakes up feeling terrible. and the guard just hand him his stuff and he is again given prep time...

(yeah, one attack per round is about the only way elans rock. telekinesis is a good power for that, FYI...

also, he had improved resilience(feet in CP) raising his power to damage trade to 1-4. had 77 pp to start including the cog)

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 12:28 AM
Sadia, in addition to regaining his focus/Synethesia, summons an Astral Construct to come in just before the match starts, out in front of him, with the Muscle enhancement.

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 12:30 AM
initiative: [roll0]

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 12:51 AM
this time, you hear the crowd at full volume. the anoncer is now audable. but that is rather hard to notice...

as there is a *bleep*ing full sized dragon stareing at you.

"yes its the feast of saint Dave today, so you now what that means! yes its Dragon Dave Day here at the GAES! the contenders will face steadily powering up dragons till they can take no more! and today its the no luck halfling, fresh from his flight against the infamous Five Blade Ben! and in the other corner is what experts tell me is a young white dragon! lets see how this plays out..."

the dragon charges, jaws thrown wide, spiting a cone of cold over both the astral and you.

15 damage DC 16 ref for half

#######################
#########...%.....#########
########..............########
#######..................#######
######......................######
#####..........................#####
####..............................####
###..................................###
##......................................##
#..........................................#
#####...........&.............#####
########.....A.......########
#########...@....#########
#######################
even bigger! also the A is the astral, and the start is the %

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 01:07 AM
Reflex: [roll0]
Astral Construct: [roll1]

Sadia blinks as the blast of cold catches him unaware. Is this what he's been reduced to, mere bait to a..... wait, a what?

Oh dear. Well, I suppose that could be taken as a sign of respect. Whatever. This isn't fun anymore. As the construct charges to the attack, Sadia circles for the shot with his Ray....

#######################
#########...%.....#########
#####...........&.............#####
######.........A............######
########..........@..########
#########.........#########
#######################

Astral Construct (charging, Mighty):
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Ray
Touch Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]*1.5 fire
Enervation [roll6] 1-10 = enervated

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 01:25 AM
the dragon, absorbs the first blow on its armor. then a ray of heat leaves a burning hole were its eye used to be. the dragon flops over, rather thoroughly dead...

"well, that was rather quick. who wants to see if ray boy can do better?"
the crowd screams its blood lust.
"alright. next is a young red dragon, seems that my be a little harder."

a slightly larger dragon walks onto the field, glinting like a drop of blood on the sand of the arena.

it charges, slamming into the construct with a heavy bite attack... for 13 damage.

#######################
#########..........#########
####.............&&..............####
#####...........&&............#####
######.........A............######
#######...................#######
########..........@..########
#########...........#########
#######################

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 01:30 AM
Sadia grins viciously, from the twin joys of surging euphoria and violence. He rolls up his sleeves to get down to serious business.

Astral Construct - 81/101 hp
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ray
Touch Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]*1.5 cold
Enervation [roll4] 1-10 = enervated

pp left: 24

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 01:38 AM
the dragon roars as the beam slices into it. then it turns from the construct to bite the caster. chomp
10 damage. then batters the construct with claw and wing. three sets of 10, and one hit of 8.

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 01:43 AM
Sadia is breathing hard now, as the chorus of a thousand voices starts up again...

Astral Construct - 43/101 hp
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ray
Touch Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3] cold
Enervation [roll4] 1-10 = enervated

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 01:47 AM
the ray was both unessisary and unused. the construct maneges to rip off the dragons head with the last blow, leaving it very dead.

"and now we let the poor little fellow have a break. couple seconds..."

he waits three rounds

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 01:53 AM
Sadia bends over, oblivious to the roar of the crowd, and pants for breath. Such intensity! He closes his eyes again, letting the wave of sensation from Synesthesia wash over him, and focusess.

Round 1 - regain focus for self
Round 2 - regain focus for crystal
Round 3 - summon a 5th lvl Astral Construct via Wild Surge

Enervation [roll0] 1-10 = enervated

pp left: 15

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 01:58 AM
"annnnnd go!"

a midium sized silver dragon ripples onto the field. it is the definition of grace in motion, the crowd falls silent for a moment.

the dragon stares at the halfling for a moment "do we needs fight? I would rather not have to kill for the entertainment of others."

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 02:07 AM
"A pity. I rather would." Without even a motion, both Constructs close in on the flowing dragon.

Astral Construct 4 (charging, Mighty, last round):
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Astral Construct 5 (charging, Mighty):
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Ready Action - Ray only if the Dragon gets past the constructs
Touch Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]*1.5 fire Psychic Shot

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 02:19 AM
the dragon roars in rage as the constructs smash at its sides. it breaths mightaly on the constructs, for 25 damage DC18 ref half.

#######################
#######.......&.........#######
######........AA..........######
########.........@..########
#######################

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 02:26 AM
Sadia just smirks as his Constructs go to town on the poor beast.

Astral Construct 4 (charging, Mighty, last round):
Reflex [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Astral Construct 5 (charging, Mighty):
Reflex [roll3]
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

Ready action - Ray
Touch Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]*1.5 fire Psychic Shot

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 02:27 AM
Note - Astral Construct 4 disappears this turn, I think.

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 02:37 AM
yep, it bips out, leaving a small pile of slime behind. the dragon only takes one blow from construct 5, seeming little fazed by it.
the dragon tears at the construct. it bites it hard for 6 damage.

(going to bed now. will be up and ready to continue at 6 tomorrow...)

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 02:50 AM
Sadia pulls out the bedraggled dog-end of a joint of Halfling pipeweed {move action} and gives it a puff {free action} as his construct does the work for him... but still keeps one eye on the dragon.

Astral Construct (charging, Mighty):
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Ready Action: Ray
Touch Attack [roll4]

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 07:53 PM
the dragon tears at the construct, leaving deep tracks of dripping ectoplasm.
14 damage.

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 09:17 PM
Sadia flicks a bit of ash from his joint, exaggerating the indolence of the gesture for the watching crowd, as his Construct switches to grappling.

Astral Construct (Mighty):
Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple [roll1]

Grapple for damage [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Ready Action: Ray
Touch Attack [roll4]

sonofzeal
2011-12-04, 09:22 PM
Since the construct missed the first grapple attempt on a nat1, it'll use the second to establish the grapple instead of grappling for damage

Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple [roll1]

bobthe6th
2011-12-04, 11:34 PM
the dragon strugles in vane, overweld by the construct... it attempts to win free of its foe...
(roll a graple. also, after that I got to sleep. sorry I was off so much tonight, homework caught up with me. should do better tomarrow...)

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 12:33 AM
(tis okay. I've been busy too. I can post sporatically, but weekends are about the only time I can really let loose with the rapid fire responses.)

Anyway, here's a few grapples for you to use as needed:

Grapple: [roll0]
Grapple: [roll1]
Grapple: [roll2]
Grapple: [roll3]
Grapple: [roll4]

Next round of attack, assuming it's still grappled, will look like...
Grapple: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Grapple: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 05:54 PM
the dragon manages to escape in its first attempt. take your action.

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 07:38 PM
Sadia indolently saunters around his end of the arena, puffing occasionally on the pipeweed.

Astral Construct 5:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Ready Action Ray
Touch Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]*1.5 fire

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 08:09 PM
a claw lands a light blow for 4 damage. the dragon other wise windmills inaccurately.

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 08:34 PM
(Are you including the DR 5/magic?)

Sadia finishes his dog-end and leers up at the crowd, giving them a vaguely obscene gesture of uncertain meaning, before turning back to watch the carnage.

Astral Construct 5 (2 rounds left)

Ready Action Ray
Damage: [roll5]*1.5 fire

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 08:59 PM
the dragon falls to the blows, blood pouring from a dozen holes.

"Well that was... fun. Ok, Ok, Ok, don't throw things, lets see a real game this time! we have something rare this time, a Crystal Dragon! And two at a time! Lets see them go!"

out of the arena pulses two medium sized dragons. they are about as beautiful as imaginable, light shedding off them like water. they stop just before the Astral construct, looking at it. they speak, each saying every other word. "Hello oddly shaped fellow, care to converse on this fine morning? Oh, you are that mans construct... our apologies, sir, are you well this fine morning?"

#######################
#######.......&&.......#######
######..........A..........######
#######################

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 09:27 PM
Oh dear, more?!? This was getting ridiculous. And his Surging Euphoria was wearing off too. A vague headache began throbbing behind his temples despite the cheers and jeers of the crowd, but he began manifesting once more...

Manifesting Astral Construct, Wild Surge
Enervation: [roll0] (1-10 = enervated)

Astral Construct 5 performs something vaguely resembling a bow.

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 09:53 PM
the dragons look around, and stroll up to the little psionist. "ah, psionics. the feel of ectopasm being drawn from the astral plane is so invigorating... So what brought such a skiller psionist like you to this horrid place?"

#######################
######...........&&.......######
#######.........A.......#######
#######################

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 10:11 PM
Sadia grins at them lopsidedly, and points to the sky as the new Astral Construct forms. It looks rather like the Dragons, all things told, just bigger (Large, not Medium). Chief among the borrowed features is the sturdy and solid wings ("Improved Flight").

As the Astral Construct picks him up and takes off, he again locks eyes with the dragons and points upward. They could take the hint or not, but he at least was going to make a go of it.

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 10:16 PM
they stare up bemusedly. "thought he was a smart." says one "well he might just be illogical." says the other "perhaps" the first replies.

as you get about 100ft in the air, you hit a wall of force. it seems rather springy, with the consitancy of heavy ruber. as you were flying rather quickly up, it springs you back down. you are now about 90' off the arena floor.

#######################
######...........&&.......######
#######.........AA.....#######
########.......A@..########
#######################

x=90' up

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 10:38 PM
Frustrated yet again, Sadia turns his fury on the only things he can reach - the dragons. Both he and the constructs all attack a single dragon, the one on the east.

Astral Construct A (charging):

Astral Construct B (diving)

Ray
Damage: [roll5]*1.5 fire Psychic Shot

...and that's it for his pp...

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 10:48 PM
the first dragon falls silently under the heavy blows and flame.
the other dragon looks at you sadly. it opens its jaws, and out pores brilliant light.

flying astral and you take 22 damage and four rounds blind with ref 17 for half damage and no blind.

#######################
#####.............A...........#####
######.............&.......######
#######.........AA.....#######
########.......A@..########
#######################
x=10ft up

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 10:56 PM
Reflex: [roll0]
For the construct: [roll1] ...but does the blinding affect constructs? Usually that's a Fort save, which they'd resist...

Astral Construct A (last round)
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Astral Construct B (last round)
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Sadia
Stumble away uselessly.

EDIT - I just realized the constructs are flanking, so +2 to all attack rolls.

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 11:26 PM
as I just relised with synthasy you are immune to light... well you are the one useing the power. as you are un affected, they are unaffected.
2 damage as the dragon attempts to bite the nonflying construct.

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 11:39 PM
Sadia grips his head and stumbles a bit further away, as the total draining of his pp supply hits home like the worst hangover he's had. The Construct merely follows its last orders and continues to attack.

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 11:46 PM
the dragon maneges to land a claw that deals 3 damage. the rest of its attack bounce off the constructs heavy skin.

(and bed, see ya tomarow)

sonofzeal
2011-12-05, 11:49 PM
Sadia, feeling a little bit better now, finds himself against one of the walls of the arena. Leaning on it for support, he turns his attention towards the crowds of observers, using both his real eyes and his skin-Synesthesia to boost his accuracy.

Spot: [roll0]

Astral Construct
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

bobthe6th
2011-12-05, 11:54 PM
the dragon at last colapses, overwelb by the beating.

"And we have a winner! well that was impresive, he took out 5 dragons in under a minute. for that, he wins a break from the games, a day off on the feast day you must understand. now don't feel sad, tomorrow we get to see this little basher fight some real competition!"

the door you enterd through opens.

(also, ding, you get one level! level that suker up. and add WBl for 7-WBL for 6 to his stuff colection. now really see you tomorrow.)

sonofzeal
2011-12-06, 05:58 PM
Sadia makes a bit of a show of strutting around victoriously - having his Astral Construct carrying him around in a victory march, posing on the dead bodies of the dragons, etc. But he still has a headache, and soon passes back through the door he came from.

bobthe6th
2011-12-06, 06:12 PM
now, as you are not being hustled along to get in and out of the field, you can pay attention to the tunnel. the tunnels seem to glisten with internal light, glowing blue and red. the effect is not dissimilar to an esophagus of a giant beast. as you walk along, you see no doors in the walls. you see no cells and no real breaks.

as you are beginning to fear this tunnel will never end, you exit into a large room, with a high vaulted ceiling.

there is a bar with some stools, and a few patrons sitting around. a tall elven bartender stands behind the bar. hanging on long ropes is a sign, upon which in bright red paint is written "the belly of the beast." at a table surrounded by scantily clad woman, is your old foe Double Blade McLane. at a seat sitting quietly, focusing intently on his crystal is Five Blade Ben. there are open seats at the bar and some open tables.

sonofzeal
2011-12-06, 07:11 PM
Sadia, still bloodsplattered from his recent conquest, grins lopsidedly at them. "Care for a rematch?"

Not waiting for a reply, he orders himself one of whatever will kill this headache the fastest, and quickly sets down to business.

bobthe6th
2011-12-06, 07:26 PM
with a horse laugh "So you finaly got a win aye? well good for you. a kill with some wins is always better than one without." says McLane

Ben takes no notice.

the bartender hands Sadia some form of fermented tea of willow bark.

sonofzeal
2011-12-06, 10:12 PM
with a horse laugh "So you finaly got a win aye? well good for you. a kill with some wins is always better than one without." says McLane

Ben takes no notice.

the bartender hands Sadia some form of fermented tea of willow bark.
"Yeah, five dragons in a minute, now that my luck's turned. Figures that counts as a 'win'. Any time you want to test whether or not that first round was a fluke, just let me know."

Sadia makes the gun shape again and ***** it at McLane, then grins and turns to his beverage. He looks at it for a moment, then faces the bartender. "Tea? Is that all you got for me? What kind of hippy joint is this, anyhow?"

bobthe6th
2011-12-06, 10:21 PM
"hay, best headache cure I got." the bartender throws up his hands "but for a halfling I guess a depth charge is in order." he grabs the glass, and with a near magical drop, adds a large shot of wisky to it. "enjoy" he goes back to the other patrons.

(refrance (http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-11-19))

sonofzeal
2011-12-06, 10:50 PM
"hay, best headache cure I got." the bartender throws up his hands "but for a halfling I guess a depth charge is in order." he grabs the glass, and with a near magical drop, adds a large shot of wisky to it. "enjoy" he goes back to the other patrons.

(refrance (http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-11-19))
(( Wait, does this mean he serves Chupauqesos?!? :D:D:D ))

Sadia still eyes the beverage suspiciously, but chugs it back and seems reasonably satisfied with the result. He sits back down with McLane. "So, how long've you been here?"

bobthe6th
2011-12-06, 10:59 PM
"ah, how long has it been since the last wipe... about a week now? can barely remember past that. you see, once your in your never out. once you reach enough fame, you get wiped and start over again. not quite sure how, I think its psions, but thats just me. others say its the wizard that runs this place. but yep, enjoy what you can for as long as you can..."

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 02:48 AM
"A week, eh? Guess that makes you a newborn, huh?" Sadia chuckles. "Well let's just see if we can't beat the odds and find a way to avoid that whole 'wiping' thing. There's ways and then ways, if you get my drift." He finishes off his fortified tea and orders something with more edge to it, something with 'dwarven' or 'goblin' or 'blind man's' in the name.

bobthe6th
2011-12-07, 06:54 PM
leaving the halfling to his drink, and going back to the women, McLane leaves the bar. the bartender hands Sadia a drink called "scale of the dragon that bit y'a".

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 07:10 PM
Sadia eyes it suspiciously as well (if for different reasons), then shrugs and downs it. Before it catches up with him, he scans the rest of the room for both sight and sound....

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

bobthe6th
2011-12-07, 07:58 PM
not a lot seems to be about. the bar itself seems to have been just plopped down in an existing space. you see the other patrons now leaving. the bartender calls out "lasst orders folks."

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 09:33 PM
Sadia shuffles to his feet, and finishes off his Scale of the Dragon. Decent stuff, all told. He looked around for Ben and McLane for a moment, then shrugs and wanders off to cause havoc. He'll try to keep a relatively low profile - not sneaking, just not drawing attention to himself - and see where he can get to.

bobthe6th
2011-12-07, 09:47 PM
following the crowd you realize they are leaving the bar behind. he notices that the crowd is moving towards several massive tunnels, similar to the tunnel he entered by.

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 11:48 PM
Sadia goes left... and continues to go left until he sees a convincing reason otherwise.

bobthe6th
2011-12-07, 11:54 PM
the only convincing reason he finds is a rather more plush room than is the usual at the end of the tunnel.

sonofzeal
2011-12-08, 06:19 AM
Sadia pokes around the room for a bit, looking for anything to nick. Barring that, he'll head back down and keep exploring.

bobthe6th
2011-12-08, 12:49 PM
Sadly the door slams shut behind him. Soothing music begins to play. A faint aroma of cloriform fills the air. You are feeling very sleepy...

sonofzeal
2011-12-08, 09:48 PM
Sadia grits his teeth and holds his breath... but he can't hold out forever and slowly slumps to the floor.