PDA

View Full Version : Fluff Help for an Epic 3.P Gestalt Character

Tokuhara
2011-12-03, 10:37 PM
Howdy Playground!

The Craftsman was nixed since "He is useless in combat, therefore not allowed" (quoth my DM). He did allow us to non-PF-ized Classes, but no PrCing (I know. So Sad :smallfrown:)

So Plan B (which was approved) is a Warforged Death Master (DMC)// Warblade (ToB) named Umbra.

Backstory: A late-model Warforged during the Last War, he was "created" from salvaged parts in the Mournlands and pieced together by a Karrnathi Artificer/Dread Necromancer and named Umbra. He was made to create the perfect army of "Mechanized Undead." However, he accidentally became independant and murdered his creator, running deep into the dark of the Mournlands. After many years of searching for what he truly was, he found himself in Xen'drik. He was soon "adopted" by a group of "Sublime Necromancers" lead by a mysterious leader known as Grez. After studying their unique ways, Grez named him "Umburas Pariath," or Umbra the Paraiah in Giantish (I know it isn't accurate. So sue me). He soon found out that the leader of this band was an ancient Giant Demilich who was using him to bring a return to the Giant Empire. Furious, Umbra slaughtered the cult and sealed Grez away in a Crystal Prison, but not before stealing one of Grez's eyes. He soon found a scroll and became a lich, using the eye as his Phylactery.

My question is what would the real motivation for a Warforged to become a Lich? And how would he act as a Warforged Lich?