PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on the Explosive Missile discovery (PF)

Mockingbird
2011-12-04, 04:00 PM
The Explosive Missile discovery for Alchemist allows you to basically shoot arrows that blow up like bombs. Can you use bomb discoveries on this arrow, and does it take up a bomb use per day when you use this? It doesn't answer either of these questions, anyone else have a better understanding on this?

grarrrg
2011-12-04, 06:00 PM
The Explosive Missile discovery for Alchemist allows you to basically shoot arrows that blow up like bombs. Can you use bomb discoveries on this arrow, and does it take up a bomb use per day when you use this? It doesn't answer either of these questions, anyone else have a better understanding on this?

It is a little vague. I would assume that it DOES use up a daily Bomb, and you can apply whatever effects you want/have to it, as if you had thrown it.

The main point of the Discovery is "shoot a Bomb from my Bow/X-Bow/Gun".
This let's you add the weapon's accuracy bonus to the attack roll, and you get to use the weapon's range increment, instead of the puny 20ft range of a thrown Bomb.

Mockingbird
2011-12-04, 06:48 PM
It is a little vague. I would assume that it DOES use up a daily Bomb, and you can apply whatever effects you want/have to it, as if you had thrown it.

The main point of the Discovery is "shoot a Bomb from my Bow/X-Bow/Gun".
This let's you add the weapon's accuracy bonus to the attack roll, and you get to use the weapon's range increment, instead of the puny 20ft range of a thrown Bomb.

Well, it doesn't say "shoot a bomb from your bow/xbow/gun", it says "infuse an arrow/bolt/bullet with a bomb's power." In that case, I'd argue that it wouldn't, because you're not using a bomb, you're mixing alchemical items into an arrow/bolt/bullet.
(I'm playing a bomb-lobbing alchemist at 3rd level and I'm trying to get all the daily bombs I can get :p)

panaikhan
2011-12-05, 08:47 AM
you could try asking the question in the Fathfinder RAW thread.

Personally, i'd rule it used up a bomb. it's exactly how I DO rule it, playing my gnome Alchemist / Musket Master.