PDA

View Full Version : [4E] The Shadowfell IC

spitflame341
2011-12-04, 06:48 PM
For whatever reason - be it personal, religious, business, or incidental - you have all found your way to Gloomwrought, the City of Midnight. It is the largest trade city in the Shadowfell, ruled by a mysterious human for over 300 years. It's population is diverse, filled with denizens from every realm of existence.

As you have found, the city itself is alive, amidst the swamp and sea that surround it. Streets move, buildings change, and on occasion Gloomwrought manifests itself in the form of urban golems. The shadows themselves seem to writhe and stretch further than is normal as well.

One thing in particular has caught your notice, in recent days. Whether you heard a rumor, or saw a posting, you know that a woman named Donea, a representative of the Vestergard family, has been asking for adventurers to journey into the Undercity. Having responded to the call, you are preparing to meet Donea in the Cracked Keel, a tavern of note in the Drowned District.

Why did you come to Gloomwrought? How did you hear about the job, and what interested you? Have you been waiting in the 'Keel, or did you just arrive?

Location InformationThe Cracked Keel is made up of several foundered ships, and more are added occasionally. You know it to be a popular location for landlubbers and sailors alike, and a well known location for picking up work.

The Drowned Quarter contains the majority of the docks in Gloomwrought. Being a location in the shadowfell, the docks have a fair population of undead. Literal skeleton crews can be found unloading cargo, specters working as bosuns cracking whips to keep them going. Zombies are seen in warehouses as laborers, and many other forms of living dead can be found on and off the ships here.

Lemonus
2011-12-04, 07:35 PM
Tramklest walks into the 'Keel with his cloak pulled up high, obscuring his face. His two swords are hanging openly at his belt, while the rest of his small arsenal is expertly hidden away. He has been in Gloomwrought ever since he freed himself from the wizard who turned him into a Shade. He has been taking jobs here and there, performing deadly executions on anyone who had a rich enemy. He takes a seat in a dark corner, waiting for Donea and the other applicants to come in.

Creed
2011-12-04, 10:29 PM
Orpheus

The newly-arrived human stides through the docks confidantly, his mace hanging at his side and the holy symbol of the Raven Queen hanging openly, like a talisman, on his chest. The young man's flowing black hair billows out behind him with his cloak, his blue-green eyes a spark of bright life in the city of death.
Having seen the adventisement for the job as soon as he entered the city, Orpheus decided that this was a good a start as any. Maybe he could negotiate with Donea to get information on the Cult of Orcus as his reward for whatever job this was.
Orpheus walks boldly into the 'Keel, sitting down near the door and scanning the crowd for Orcus Cultists or someone else who answered the call.

Nerocite
2011-12-05, 01:16 PM
Grigore sat at the bar, with a bottle of wine to keep him company. Being exiled was a challenge and he had started drinking to help deal with his banishment. He had arrived at Gloomwrought two weeks prior, ready to earn his living as a professional bodyguard. Unfortunately he had no luck finding a job, worsening his depression. While on the hunt for work, he heard about Donea and came to the 'Keel, hoping to earn coin, or even better, glory.

Dacia Brabant
2011-12-05, 04:54 PM
Deimos

The tiefling who entered the 'Keel cut an intimidating figure. Part of it was the nature of his race, with horns and a tail set upon a brimstone complexion; part of it the black leather armor that slightly shimmered with a sinister scarlet glow, regardless of the light he was in; and part of it the ebon mace he wore openly and matching rod that doubled as a walking stick; but mostly it was the hideous pale skull mask he wore concealing his face. He seemed not to care how this affected his appearance.

Deimos had been in Gloomwrought for nearly a week now, sent by the Raven Queen's priestess, Helayna, to identify leadership in the Cult of Orcus for assassination, but thus far he'd had no real success. He'd come to the 'Keel for Donea's job as a potential lead, but also for some coin to keep himself afloat. Spotting the man seated near the door wearing a Raven Queen holy symbol, he called for a drink and without so much as asking or offering a greeting sat himself down at the same table.

IcemanJRC
2011-12-06, 06:45 PM
Dak Vedah

Dak strolled into the Cracked Keel, his eyes sharp in their search for the prospective employer. He'd visited the Keel many times and had heard about this Donea asking for adventurers. The Undercity was certainly dangerous and the risk was great, so obviously this mission was going to be interesting. Nobody can say that a trip to the Undercity wouldn't be a game changer, and maybe Dak could find something interesting...

He sat at a table and kept his eyes open, waiting for the employer to show herself, waiting to see if he can spot other prospective employees, but mostly just waiting.

Creed
2011-12-06, 08:51 PM
Orpheus

The young man scowls at the tiefling who has sat down with him, instinctively flinching at the being's grisly visage.
Begone, devil-worshipper, death cultist. I have nothing to say to scum like you.

Dacia Brabant
2011-12-07, 12:39 AM
Deimos

Underneath his mask, Deimos smirked and chuckled a bit, before cooly replying barely above a whisper.

"Not all of our Queen's followers are cut from the same cloth, brother," he said, producing a small Raven insignia of his own before stashing it away again. "But let's keep that to ourselves, hmm? So, know anything about this Dornea?"

Creed
2011-12-07, 07:16 PM
Orpheus

A look of confusion and then suprise crosses the young man's face. He too lowers his voice, then speaks again,
I apologize, brother, I thought I would be the only one devoted to Her in this foul place. As for Dornea, I know nothing of her besides that she offers a job of some sort.

spitflame341
2011-12-08, 04:31 PM
The 'Keel lived up to it's name, with several cracks in the walls, where wrecked ships seemed to be randomly, and even haphazardly, pushed and lashed together to form the tavern. Chandeliers, seemingly jury-rigged to any open space on the ceiling, hung at various heights and came in all different styles. The tables and chairs followed the same ramshackle motif, coming in all forms and sizes. Every inch of the walls were covered in job postings, some fresh and some rotting from being there so long.

The patrons themselves seemed an anomaly in the dour city. Where most people seemed to be depressed or lethargic, the patrons of the 'Keel were boisterous, riotous, and ready to get drunk. Several games were taking place among the patrons: drinking contests, knife throwing, arm-wrestling. Like the docks outside, there seemed to be many undead here, of all kinds.

--

The Crimson SashesIt seemed surprising that a job like this would actually be available. Most jobs for noble houses would have been snatched up immediately by the Crimson Sashes. The sashes were an elite group of mercenaries who made it their business to be the only business to hire from for dangerous jobs and protection from the threats Gloomwrought presented. No job was too big or too small for them, so long as you paid the price, and they had a tendency to make that price look reasonable, no matter if it was or not. Even new arrivals to the city knew of the Crimson Sashes, as they are quick to make themselves known to visitors.
Tavern Activities
Arm Wrestling: Athletics
Knife Throwing: Acrobatics
Drinking Contest: Endurance
Gather information on Donea: Streetwise/Diplomacy

OoC: I'll get the Tavern activities posted as soon as I can - I spent 4+ hours trying to type this post at work today. :smallfrown:

IcemanJRC
2011-12-08, 06:00 PM
Dak Vedah

Dak walked to a game where several fellows were throwing knives.
May I participate? I feel a friendly wager may be a nice way to pass the time.
Dak smiled lightly and set down 40 gold pieces on the table, waiting for confirmation before reaching for a knife.

Acrobatics for Knife Throwing:
[roll0]

Lemonus
2011-12-08, 07:15 PM
Tramklest decides to amuse himself by throwing some knives. He walks over to the table, his hood still obscuring his face, and places 50 GP on the table. He then walks up to the target, throwing two daggers that seemingly came out of nowhere.

Dagger 1: [roll0]
Dagger 2: [roll1]

Creed
2011-12-08, 08:36 PM
Orpheus

The scornful cleric drops 20 gold onto a table to challenge the local bar thug to an arm-wrestling competition.

Athletics:
[roll0]

Dacia Brabant
2011-12-08, 08:40 PM
Deimos

The tiefling just nodded curtly in return, then got up from the table and started intermingling with the crowd a bit, trying to pick up any more word about Dornea.

I'll go for a Streetwise check. [roll0]

Nerocite
2011-12-08, 09:40 PM
Grigore considered challenging some local toughs to a drinking game, but considering their lack of stomachs, reconsidered. He instead chatted up the bartender.

So, who is this Donea? he asked with a smile.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

spitflame341
2011-12-10, 10:51 AM
Knife Throwing: Dak walked up to the table where several patrons were throwing knives. When he dropped his purse on the table, a few coins spilled out, showing the amount of gold held within. "May I participate? I feel a friendly wager may be a nice way to pass the time," he asked.

The knife throwers stopped, gawking drunkenly at the purse. One spoke, still staring at the purse, "Well, o'course ya c'n join us frien'! Have a throw!" His gaze still slipping to the purse, the man handed Dak a knife. Without a moment's hesitation, the gith let the knife fly, hardly looking at the board.

The knife smacked into the board, quivering just outside the innermost ring. Before Dak could react, a hooded man strode up to the table. Without a word, he dropped an even larger pouch onto the table next to Dak's and, within the blink of an eye, threw two more knives to the board.

Tramklast's knives sank into the board, only a little further out than Dak's, though still within the same ring. The other patrons stared at the two newcomers drunkenly. This wasn't quite what they had expected. These two men were obviously skilled at throwing, and didn't have the detriment of inebriation. The man who had spoken before sat and sputtered. Then another voice spoke up.

"Well, well. Do I see a challenge here at last?" The voice was gruff, coming from a table in the corner. It's only occupant was a shadar-kai was heavily scarred and pierced, with many tattoos covering what skin was showing beneath his leather jerkin. A bandoleer of knives was slung across his torso and, as he stood and walked over to the board, he slipped a knife from it. Dropping a large purse of money onto the table** he threw the blade at the board. It sank in, burying itself only slightly off center. "Shall we have a little wager? Best of five throws collects the pot?" Grinning, he waited for a reply.

**The bag contains roughly 100g

Arm Wrestling: Orpheus stood and stepped away from the table. He saw an arm-wrestling match and walked over to challenge the reigning champion - a burly human who seemed more muscle and beer than anything. Dropping twenty gold onto the table, Orpheus sat across from the man and held his arm out in challenge.

The big man blinked in surprise, then grinned stupidly and grabbed the hand before him. "A'right. On three then. THREE!" he shouted, trying to catch Orpheus off guard. The cleric wasn't even phased, expecting something like this, let the man exert himself for a few seconds. Then Orpheus exerted himself and within a few seconds, had pinned the man's arm to the table. He collected his gold and twenty more from the defeated man, then stood. Orpheus glanced around and saw a goliath who might have been more of a challenge...

Gather information on DoneaStreetwise/Diplomacy 10"Donea? You mean the crazy that turned down the Crimson Sashes? You can find her in a room in the back, but you'd be mad. You do know that she's trying to go to the Under', right?

Streetwise/Diplomacy 15"Yeah, I heard o' Donea. She represents them Vestergards. They's a rich family y'know. But they's been losin' o' late! Diminishin' like. There's even talk o' the other nobles givin' 'em the boot! Kickin' 'em right out o' the Dust Quarter! Can't buy their way inta stayin' when the vault's got nothin' in it.

"Wha's that? Oh, right, Donea. As I hear it, she's jus' a minor scion o' the family. Doesn' do more 'n run erran's and recruit workers. She's just a mousy li'l thing, nothin' terribly interestin' about her. Absolutely mad tho', if she thinks she can hire anyone crazy enough to compete wi' the Crimsons, let alone suici'al enough to go to Undercity!"

IcemanJRC
2011-12-10, 01:53 PM
Dak Vedah

A game would be nice, if you'd like you may throw first. Allow me to add to the pot, to make it even.
Another 60 gold pieces hit the table. Dak was polite, let him go first, less risk for Dak. He saw all these people eying his purse, he'd have to keep an eye on all of them. No big deal, he'd remove them of their hands if they felt like having sticky fingers.

Acrobatics for Knife Throwing:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Perception to keep an eye on those greedy drunks:
[roll5]
Passive is higher.

Lemonus
2011-12-10, 01:59 PM
Tramlest glared at the Shadar-Kai, having no love for the other race of shadow. He wordlessly pulls his daggers out of the board, then launches five daggers seemingly at once.

Acrobatics:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

spitflame341
2011-12-10, 03:11 PM
As Dak spoke, Tramklast glared at the Shadar-Kai. Ah, sir, you do honor me by matching my wager. I would take you up on your offer of throwing first, but our friend here seems to have that intent. What say I throw after him? The name is Ostense, though my fellows call me Knives."

By this point, the shade had returned with his blades. No sooner had he reached the throwing line, then he had turned and released his knives at the board. Knives let out a low whistle as the assassin's blades slammed into the target, only moments apart from each other. ***The first two weapons landed within the 3rd and then 2nd ring, respectively. The third knife landed in much the same place as previous throws, actually creating an "X" with one of the shade's original scores. The last two throws hit the target within the bullseye, right next to each other.

"Mighty fine throws there, my friend. Let's see how the superior shadow race does," he taunted, then proceeded to throw.
All right, moment of truth. So far, the board roller has hated me as a player. Will it continue to do so as a DM?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

And the roller likes me as a DM! Though, truthfully, I would have preferred some of those rolls in one of my other games... :smallsigh:

"As I said, 'friend,' the superior race." The shadar-kai's knives had struck the board, two landing on the 4th ring, a third landing just within the bullseye and the last two hitting dead center. With a smirk, Knives turned to the gith and offered a half-mocking bow. "Your turn, good sir."

Dak launched the weapons, which hit the board in quick succession. The first was a Bullseye! then the knives hit the 3rd ring, 4th, and then 3rd again. Dak hesitated only a moment before throwing the last weapon, as though savoring the kill. The weapon flew true, hitting the board perfectly and knocking the shadar-kai's two blades free from the target.

Knives grin fell with his weapons. "Well I'll be a shade's mother," he muttered.

More coming, but my shift at work is over, so I'll have to update later. Suffice to say, someone does try to nab the moneys, and they are seen.

***The board has 5 rings, the 5th being the bullseye and 1st being the outer ring.

IcemanJRC
2011-12-10, 04:42 PM
Dak Vedah

As the money is grabbed at Dak reacts quickly, taking a knife and flinging it at the hand, hoping to pin it to the table.
Rude of you to steal from me.
He says as he tosses his blade.

Acrobatics check to out maneuver thief:
[roll0]

Attack roll on thief:
Dex vs AC
[roll1]

Damage to thief:
[roll2]

Nerocite
2011-12-10, 07:46 PM
Grigore's smile wavered for a bit. The Under would be a fun experience, but he needed more information. Any edge on the competition could help. The vryloka dropped a stack of coins on the bar, and pushed them towards the barkeep.

Any other facts I should know?

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Lemonus
2011-12-10, 08:15 PM
As Knives begins insulting him, Tramklest's longsword is at his throat. He speaks in a quiet voice, and can barely be heard by Knives. "You know Knives, you would look a lot better with my sword through your throat. Lucky for you, I'm not here to give fashion advice. I need information on Donea. Know anything?"

Intimidate:
[roll0]

Dacia Brabant
2011-12-10, 08:17 PM
Deimos

The tiefling scratched at the goatee peeking out from under his mask as he listened to the bar patron, who he thanked for the tip and bought him a drink for his trouble.

"The Vestergards gettin' desperate then, eh? Or maybe they really found somethin' down in the Under?" he asked.

Streetwise: [roll0]

Creed
2011-12-10, 10:48 PM
Orpheus

The cleric, gaining confidence, challenges the goliath with 40 gold to back it up, hoping to double his money.

Atlethics:
[roll0]

Irish Musician
2012-02-01, 09:57 AM
Serena (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364790), Shadow Witch

Laughing at the absurdity of all these men trying to outdo each other in theirgames, Serena listens to the barkeep tell his tale of this lady that might have a job for her. And just to entertain herself, Serena starts messing with the Goliath that is about to arm wrestle the cleric, trying to distract him from behind at the bar. She makes a strong odor start to come from just behind his head, she heats up the exact center of his chair, and as soon and the Goliath puts down his gold to match the clerics bet, she turns the money invisible.

Using my Prestidigitation Cantrip. I can have 3 Prestidigitations going on at the same time. the gold turning invisible doesn't last long, but long enough for the Goliath to notice and get angry.

Vesth
2012-02-01, 11:44 AM
The goliath turns angrily to Serena, but before he could respond, one of the doors leading to the private rooms slams open.

This is a normal occurance, with drunkards and their antics, but something about this slam silences the whole tavern instantly.

Following the curious glances of the other customers, you see a short woman, and a bony thing too, with skin drawn tight against her bones and flaming red hair that somehow matches the dull grey of her dress.

The silence is broken with one of the drunk knife throwers calling out:
"Hey, ain't that Donea? Ya lose ya boyfrien' or sumthin'? Why so angry? Go back ta ya room and f-"

"SILENCE!" Donea cries, her voice a screeching sound that could cut glass.

Everyone, GET OUT. Except you, you, you and you." she said, pointing to the four of you.

"Hey, you can't tell us to get o-"
With a motion so quick you could hardly believe your eyes, she flings a dagger, and as it passes by you, you could have sworn that it flickered with arcane energy for a moment. But that moment passes, and the dagger embeds itself firmly into the bullseye, missing the knife thrower by a hair's breath.

With a frightened yelp, the knife throwers scamper off, and soon enough, the rest of the tavern's main roon occupants are leaving quickly, with much glares from Donea.

"Bartener, I wish to reserve this place for tonight"

"Hey, you can't just-

With merely a glance, she tosses a bag of coins at the portly man, who catches it greedily.

She walks over to your table and asks, "You are the adventurers, correct? How would you like a job that pays very well?

Checks (Integrity please, no cheating :smallbiggrin:):

Arcana Check DC 15:
You notice a slight necrotic aura about her

Perception Check DC 15:
The way she walks, the very way she moves indicates a confident person - and not just false confidence either. But what you cannot comprehend is her right hand, the one that threw the dagger. It seems to be shaking slightly, a phenomenon which you would associate with nervousness. How odd.

For those who have rolled (and passes their streetwise/diplomacy DC 15 checks) earlier:
Either your information is wrong or something has happened to her - she is no mousy lady

Irish Musician
2012-02-01, 12:59 PM

Serena walks over to the table, when she arrives, a deep, dark blue dragonling lands on her shoulder and seems to perch himself there. She turns to him and says in a language not familiar to you,"Was halten Sie von ihr denken?" The dragonling doesn't visibly answer her but they seem to stare at each other for a minute and then Serena looks back to the odd lady who just barged in, "What is the job and how well are we talking?" Serena then sits down and stares the lady in the eyes, showing no signs of being intimidated by her.

Arcana - [roll0]
Perception - [roll1]
Streetwise(since I wasn't here earlier to make the roll) [roll2]
Also wanted to make an Arcana check on that supposed arcana power off the dagger I might have seen - [roll3]

Nerocite
2012-02-01, 05:29 PM
Grigore gets to his feet, swaying slightly. He turns to face Donea

You have my sword.

Lemonus
2012-02-01, 05:50 PM
As the bar patrons leave the room, Tramklest leaves a slight nick on Knives' throat, and pushes him towards the door. "I'm always interested in money."

Vesth
2012-02-01, 05:54 PM
Serena

Try as you might, you can't tell anything from the flying dagger - it happened too fast to examine it properly!

It is a DC 22 Arcana check to find out anything about that dagger.

Vesth
2012-02-02, 12:22 AM
Donea smiles at Tramklest's response, and sits at the table.

"As you may know, I'm of the Vestergard family. Lately however, it has a string of bad fortune that left us quite...weakened. Luckily, there is a way for us to recover. There is a building that belonged to us, that has sunk into the Undercity ages ago, and it is in our best interests to recover it. If you would help us, each person that is alive after this is over will be paid 5 platinum pieces."

Irish Musician
2012-02-02, 12:42 AM

Serena smiles, converses with her familiar, and then addresses Donea, "As long as we get our money when we return, I will go on this errand for you."

Vesth
2012-02-02, 02:38 AM
Donea chuckles slightly.

"Of course - but not when you return, but rather when the whole task is completed. An artist cannot sell a painting he does not finish, and I will not reward unfinished work."

Vesth
2012-02-03, 08:34 PM
"Now, onto business. The Undercity is a dangerous place, and I need you to go there and help me locate our building, then come back and report to me, where I will give you further instructions."

Taking out a compass and a piece of parchment, she lays it out on the table.

The compass spins randomly, before needle settles to pointing in a westerly direction. The parchment, opened, reveals a drawing of an eye in an eye.

"The entrance to the Undercity, as you should be aware, moves, and this compass will lead you to the entrance, but no further. Leave the compass in our building, and we shall be able to find it ourselves. The symbol is one of ours. If you see this symbol, you have found our building.

She abruptly stands, the chair carelessly scraping across the wooden floor.

"Are there any questions? If not, you may start searching. Time is of essense."

Irish Musician
2012-02-03, 09:06 PM

Serena looks at her dragonling and rolls her eyes, as he seems to rolls his eyes as well, "We have a couple of questions: First, why don't you come with us? Second, why don't you just tell us what you want us to do once we get to your building, because we would rather not make two ventures into that awful place." Serena converses with her familiar once again, and then she waits for an answer.

Vesth
2012-02-03, 09:34 PM
Donea turns her icy blue gaze upon Serena, her features masking slight irritation and contempt.

"While you are out searching for the building, I'll be looking for the appropriate ritual components to rise our building out of the Undercity. And since it is a very location-specific ritual, I need to have some waypoint or mark, as well as the surrounding structure in order to finish crafting the ritual. Hence, all I require of you for this step is to put the compass there. And unless you want to spend a week and a half camping out in the Undercity, I suggest you come back after this task is completed while I finish crafting the ritual."

Lemonus
2012-02-03, 10:20 PM
"I'll take the job. It's not really my style, though."

Irish Musician
2012-02-04, 01:54 AM

Serena looks Donea right in the eye a she speaks, not showing the least amount of apology of any annoyance that Serena may have caused her. Serena then looks to Sama'el, her familiar, and nods to him. "Fine by us, we will go on the errand for you. Just remember to have our money when we return," Serena finishes, smiling and gathering her things together to await the others to get ready as well.

Vesth
2012-02-05, 09:33 PM
And so you leave the taveren, in search of the Undercity, with promise of coin.

But as soon as you leave The Cracked Keel, doors swinging shut behind you, a dwarf and a human stands before you, obviously waiting for you to exit the taveren.

"Ye the lackys of Donea, then? A fool she is, hiring weaklings for such a dangerous journey. How much did she pay ya, anyw- started the dwarf, a stocky thing with metal plates of armor barely fitting the mass of muscles, beard and hair the same color as the crimson sash across his arm.

The human, on the other hand, seems to be the exact opposite of the dwarf. Slim, with features that suggest that of a learned scholar. He wears grey robes, and wields a simple wooden staff, and like the dwarf, a crimson sash is affixed to his arm. The Crimson Sashes.

"Sush, now. I apologize for my friend's lack of greeting. But on to the point. It seems that Donea rejected our advance to help her, and instead sought you. We're a bit puzzled, we'll like to know what it is we lack" he says softly, interrupting the dwarf.

Lemonus
2012-02-05, 09:44 PM
Frankness retrieves his daggers from the board as he leaves the tavern.

When the dwarf and the human appear, Tramklest pulls out his swords. Once the human starts talking, he lowers them, but keeps them out. "I don't know why you weren't taken for the job, but it might have something to do with that sash on your arm." He growls.

Vesth
2012-02-05, 11:44 PM
"Hah, a bunch of fools too! Ya won't find anyone better than ta Crimson Sashes! In fact, I -"

The human sighs, and tapped the dwarf with his staff, who looks back with a glare.

"If so, can we have a talk with Miss Donea? We would very much like to discuss...matters with her."

Irish Musician
2012-02-05, 11:55 PM

Serena and Same'al exchange a glance and laugh together, what can qualify as laughing in a dragonling anyway, and Serena says, "Haha, yes I thought that myself." Then turning her attention to the new guests, "You may talk to whoever you wish, we are not her keeper," she finished with a wry smile and a sarcastic look in her eye.

Arcana check on the human to try and figure out what kind of magic he commands exactly, if possible. [roll0]

Vesth
2012-02-06, 12:13 AM
Serena
You feel the flow of Arcane Magic strongly flowing within him, tightly controlled and focused. He is, in fact, a Wizard

Nerocite
2012-02-06, 12:14 AM
Grigore keeps a stern eye on the pair. He just got this job, and doesn't want these two to mess it up.

Insight to check their motive: [roll0]

Vesth
2012-02-06, 01:28 AM
Grigore

As far as can tell tell, they are telling the truth. You can detect a hint of malice in the dwarf's voice, which you deduce means that he will pummel those that disagree with him.

Vesth
2012-02-07, 12:18 AM
The human opens his mouth to respond, but then the door to the taveren opens, Donea peering out the door.

She appears completely different. Demure. Diminutive, even.

"Y-yes? What is the matter?"

"Ah, yes. Ms Donea, we visited before, but you disagreed. We would like to discuss matters with you again, under more favorable terms.

"O-of course! Please come in. The four of you, please contiune onto your hunt! DO we NOT have TRUST in THE famous CRIMSON SASHES?

Seemingly oblivious, the pair follows Donea in, the human giving you a quick smile and tapped the door with his staff as he enters, which closed shut behind him.

As you decide on what to do, the compass needle turns again, this time pointing somewhere to the south.

The entrance of the Undercity is...different than the rest of the city. While parts of the city do move occasionally, although they don't move very far from their original position. The entrance, on the other hand, often change positions, often 'teleporting' from one of the city to the outskirts of another.

Irish Musician
2012-02-07, 12:16 PM

Serena watches the two sashes leave, then turns to her new party. "Well I guess we should get started. Though it might be a very good idea to watch our backs. The Crimson Sashes don't seem overjoyed to lose a contract of work to some normal people. So let us go...... cautiously."

Vesth
2012-02-08, 08:36 AM
After a long trip through busy streets and alleyways, past shades and zombies, dwarfs and skeletons, passing by the Raven's Eyrie and several other noticable landmarks, you find yourselves in a deserted clearing of old, worn down, abandoned buildings.

And right in the centre of the building is an impressive weathered stone structure, akin to an ancient crypt. A set of open double doors line mark the opening, with two statues, indistinct in apperance, flanking it, as though they were ceremonial guards and they seem to be looking at you as you approach.

You have found the fabled Undercity entrance.

Orpheus, Grigore and Serena
You feel someone watching you. And it's not the statues either.

Irish Musician
2012-02-08, 09:36 AM

Serena looks at her familiar and he flies up a little and hovers, looking around as she looks around as well. "I think we are being watched, and not by the stone guards that seem to be starting at us, but someone else,"whispered Serena to her comrades.
Perception check to see if she can't scope them out with her eyes: [roll0]
Arcana Check to see if they are a magical person/persons, if the are what direction their magic is coming from, i.e. get a tell on them from their magic: [roll1]

Vesth
2012-02-08, 09:57 AM
Serena
Perception: You perceive that....well...that the statues are looking at you? You still can't shake the feeling that someone else is looking at you, though.

Arcana: The whole area is filled with magic! All of which are concentrated at the Undercity entrance. Which is not surprising, really, seeing as how the entrance could teleport randomly all over the city. But other than that, you do not feel magic coming from anywhere else.

Nerocite
2012-02-08, 09:11 PM
Grigore nods. He knows the danger of an unseen enemy and the importance of flushing them out. He scans their surroundings, muttering, "I feel it too. Better get them now than latter.

Perception: [roll0]

Creed
2012-02-08, 09:21 PM
Orpheus

Orpheus nods.
I agree, but I wouldn't be too worried about it. In the end, I'd rather not combat them here anyways.

Vesth
2012-02-08, 11:10 PM
Grigore
You perceive the sheer marksmanship of the statues. Ahh, what beauty! Wait, you were looking for something else? Nope, too busy staring at the statues. Their eyes stare at you, but you still feel a third pair of eyes on you. From somewhere.

Irish Musician
2012-02-09, 03:28 PM

Serena looks around and decides to move along. With Sama'el hovering behind her, she looks at the others, and says in a low voice"Well, we should get a move on before this door moves again. If there is trouble to be had, let is follow us, and we will keep our eyes out for it and show it that it chose poorly following us." Serena puts out a hand and gestures for the most stout of the group to take up the lead. "After you Grigore, Tramklest if you will take the rear and watch our backs, that would be lovely." She gives Tramklest a wink and waits for the others to agree.

Lemonus
2012-02-09, 09:33 PM
"That's fine, although I can also scout if needed."

Nerocite
2012-02-09, 10:59 PM
Grigore draws his sword, casting a bright light. He then steps into the doorway, heading into the Undercity.

Stay close. Who knows what lurks down below.

Irish Musician
2012-02-10, 09:39 AM
"That's fine, although I can also scout if needed."

Serena smiles at Tramklest, "Of course, you know your skills better than I, so use them at your discretion." She then follows Grigore in, along with her dragonling fairly close behind.

Vesth
2012-02-10, 07:50 PM
You descend downwards, into the Undercity.

At the bottom of the long staircase, you see before you, a large cave-like structure, with a host of buildings and towers, most of which have fallen into disrepair, and more than one looks like it'll topple at any moment. But that is not your concern right now!

To the left, right and front, you see some kind of zombie heading towards you...

Apologies for poor narration. I'm a bit strapped for time. For now though, map:

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=3159
It is the all the player's turn. Yup, it's combat! DC 20 Arcana Check to find out about them

Edit: It's much appreciated if you don't actually move the tokens on the map, but just tell me where you move, i.e. use it only as a map. Just to prevent you from walking past traps make it easier for me.

Edit edit: I'm forgetting a lot of stuff, aren't I? See folks, that's what happens when you try to rush a post in 5 minutes. Note: for those who bother to look at the compass, the needle has started spinning randomly, and another property of the compass reveals itself when you enter the Undercity: it emits a soft glow of light!

Vesth
2012-02-10, 10:42 PM
DC 20 Arcana
DC 20: Living dead cannot be turned or controlled like other forms of undead. Instead they will turn on and attack those that attempt such things with little care for themselves. Living dead draw air into themselves through what might remain of their nose or mouth in order to “smell” their intended victims. As they release the air from their bodies living dead emit groans and wails that chill the blood and have been known to drive some people to the verge of insanity. While living dead are reanimated corpses, they are not undead in the strictest sense. Instead they are corpses that have been given un-life through some form of unnatural disease. Where or how this disease came to be is unknown, many have speculated as to it’s origin; some say a lich or mad wizard created it, some say it is a mutated form of mummy rot, others say it comes from exposure to rocks that fell from the sky, and the list of opinions goes on and on. In the end the origin of the malady matters little, for the result is horrifying and wholly destructive. Living dead are driven by an insatiable need to spread their infection, using what little remains of their Intelligence to reach the living prey they need to carry on their nightmarish plague. Some living dead are able to use minor tools or implements (open doors, smash windows with rocks, etc.), but they are unable to communicate or use weapons in any way. The most terrifying use of their vestigial intelligence is the fact they are drawn to former friends and loved ones as their initial victims, often using the sympathy these people feel for their former acquaintances as a lure.

Irish Musician
2012-02-14, 02:44 PM

Serena, knowing what these fiend are form her Arcane knowledge, yells, "These are not the normal undead, but living dead, not able to be turned by normal means. Don't let them bite you, for they are carriers of their disease and will try to spread it to you any way they can." With that, Serena takes a shift to her left and send her familiar over to the left group of living dead. When Sama'el arrives, Serena says some Arcane words, infuses the little dragon with some dark energy, and then he unleashes it upon the living dead there. She also creates a light so that the zombies might be seen better.

Actions
Minor:Cast Light on I13 - sheds bright light until the end of the encounter or until you use this power again. The light fills the target’s space and all squares within 4 squares of it. Putting out the light is a free action.
Move: Shift to G8, and Sama'el moves to E6
Standard: Dread Presence - close Blast 5 starting in E5 with the opposite corner ending in I1. It creates a zone that lasts until the end of my next turn, and any enemy that ends its turn in the zone gets 3 necrotic damage. This attack with hit the 2 LD's and the top 2 LDS's.
LD F3: [roll0] VS Will
LD H4: [roll1] VS Will
LDS E1: [roll2] VS Will
LDS G1: [roll3] VS Will
Damage if hit: [roll4], and the target is slowed until the end of my next turn. This is all necrotic damage, however: Special: All damage from this attack and its effect ignores 5 points of necrotic resistance.

Nerocite
2012-02-14, 04:17 PM
Grigore throws himself at the zombies, stepping in between them as his allies.

Come on you rotters, let's see what you got!

Actions
Minor: Activate Defender Aura
Move: Move to H11
Standard: Vengenful Strike on H12 LD.
Attack: [roll0] vs AC
Hit: [roll1] radiant damage.
Miss: I gain a +2 power bonus to my next damage roll against the target.

Lemonus
2012-02-14, 06:59 PM
Tramklest pulls his swords out of their sheaths, moves forward, and lunges at one of the Living Dead. If the attack hits, he jumps back after the strike. "Will you dismiss that infernal light!"

Move to J13
Quick Lunge on J15
I shift one square to J14, and attack the LDS there.
[roll0] VS AC
[roll1] Damage, the target is knocked prone, and I shift back to J13

If my attack reduces the to 10 HP or lower, I instantly kill it with my Death Attack class feature.

Vesth
2012-02-15, 09:25 AM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=3318

The wave of necrotic energy rolls out from Serena and smashes into the four zombies, the two weaker ones crumbling instantly under the oppressive magic.

Tramklest is having similar luck, easily cutting down the weaker Living Dead there.

The words Tramklest shouts seems to be wise advice; from the window of the building where the light shines, you see multiple eyes light up, and the sound of wailing fills the building....

Serena acted.
Grigore acted. (Critical miss?)
Tramklest acted.
Orpheus

LDS E1 and LDS G1 dies.
LD F3 and H4 takes 5 damage each.
LDS J15 falls.

5 LDs and 7 LDSs are left.

By the way, what does Defender Aura do?

Nerocite
2012-02-15, 12:33 PM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=3318

The wave of necrotic energy rolls out from Serena and smashes into the four zombies, the two weaker ones crumbling instantly under the oppressive magic.

Tramklest is having similar luck, easily cutting down the weaker Living Dead there.

The words Tramklest shouts seems to be wise advice; from the window of the building where the light shines, you see multiple eyes light up, and the sound of wailing fills the building....

Serena acted.
Grigore acted. (Critical miss?)
Tramklest acted.
Orpheus

LDS E1 and LDS G1 dies.
LD F3 and H4 takes 5 damage each.
LDS J15 falls.

5 LDs and 7 LDSs are left.

By the way, what does Defender Aura do?

Basically my marking ability:

"You activate an aura 1 that lasts until you end it as a minor action or until you fall unconscious. While in the aura, any enemy takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls when it makes an attack that does not include among its targets either you or an ally of yours who has this aura active. Marked enemies are not subject to this aura."

Vesth
2012-02-17, 09:41 PM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=3445

Grigore charged forward, his longsword leading, cutting great swathes through the air. However, his gleaming blade failed to reach it's target; by sheer luck, the zombie stumbled for a moment, and the blade cleaved the air above it's head. But such a great strike, failed or not, is not without consequences, and Grigore feels a sharp pain in his arm as he swings.

Orpheus raises his holy symbol, and a spear of bright light shoots forth, narrowly missing LD4. Cursing under his breath, he retreats.

LD3 bites into Grigore! But he turns at the last moment, and teeth meets metal.

The rest of the zombies shuffle forwards...

The light flickers off, but what has been woken cannot be unwoken. The sound of smashing and crashing echoes through the building...

Summary:
{table]Serena|Full HP|No Ailments
Grigore|Fulll HP|Weakened.
Tramklest|Fulll HP|No Ailments
Orpheus|Full HP|No Ailmemts[/table]

2 LDS are dead.
LD1 and LD4 took 5 damage

It is now Round 2.
Serena: Has not acted.
Grigore: Has not acted.
Tramklest: Has not acted.
Orpheus: Has not acted.

Irish Musician
2012-02-22, 12:48 PM

Serena sighs, I hate the living dead. Stupid Zombies. She then reaches into her arcane reserves and tries to whittle down the growing infestation of living dead and shoots a freezing missle at one of the living dead to her left, hitting the others in the process an making them slide around on the slick surface.

Actions
Minor:N/A
Move:Freezing Burst: Centered on H5, VS Ref
LD1 - [roll0] , if hit slide target to G4
LD4 - [roll1] , if hit slide target to H5
LDS6 - [roll2] , if hit slide target to I4

Damage [roll3] each, cold damage

Lemonus
2012-02-22, 07:04 PM
Tramklest moves in on one of the living dead, and stabs at it with his longsword.

Shift to I13
MBA on LD3
[roll0]
[roll1]

If my attack reduces it to 10 HP or lower, I instantly kill it with my Death Attack class feature.

Nerocite
2012-02-23, 03:39 PM
Curse these abominations! In the Raven Queen's name, you will die!

Standard: Valiant Strike on LDS1
Hit: [roll1] Damage, not counting weakened.
Move: Shift to H10

Vesth
2012-02-24, 09:40 PM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=3915

The coordinated attacks of the four adventurers were very effective; Serena strikes on a zombie, and pushes back two others, though they didn't seem to be really affected, Grigore wipes out one with his blade, and Tramklest scores a deep gash in another. On the other hand, Orpheus releases another spear of bright light, which misses completely.

LDS6 and LDS1 is dead. LD1 and LD4 takes 3 damage, while LD3 takes 15 damage.

LD1 and LD4 shuffles forward, and they strike with disease-ridden nails, though Serena manages to dodge the blows, though the last one was inches from hitting her.

LDS5 rakes its claws into Grigore...or tries to, for his armor barely protected him. But LD3 does better than that, and nails bite into Tramklest for 9 necrotic damage
Tramklest has contracted a dormant form of living death!

Meanwhile, the wailing abruptly stops. And a blast of magical energy eradicates a wall, killing off 4 of the zombies! From within steps out a figure, gaunt, with dry, decaying skin, and a tattered rag hangs limply on his body. Slightly hunched, he shuffles out onto the street, dropping the book his was holding as he walks, which crumbles into dust. With the other, he holds a scepter, the jewel at it's tip cracked and dusty from time. He appears to be alive, a human who contracted living death, but whose body has not yet succumbed to it, though his mind definitely has.

The last two zombies halt, unsure of whether to go after you, or the new prey...

Summary
{table]Serena|full HP|No Ailments
Tramklest|35/44|Dormant Living Death
Grigore|full HP|No Ailments
Orpheus|full HP|No Ailments[/table]

LDS6 and LDS1 are dead.
Total Damages:
LD1: took 8 damage
LD4: took 8 damage
LD3: took 15 damage

It is now Round 3
Serena: Has not acted.
Grigore: Has not acted.
Tramklest: Has not acted.
Orpheus: Has not acted.

Irish Musician
2012-02-24, 10:01 PM

Serena realizes those swipes were a little too close for comfort and needs a change of scenery. She then smiles at the abominations that won't realize what it means and disappears. She then tries to sneak by the thing in front of her, to behind them, and then tries to take them out, for Orpheus' sake.

Actions
Minor - Fleeting Shade, turn invisible until the end of my next turn
Move - By way of F7 I move to H2
Standard - Freezing Burst (again) - Centered on H6
LD1 - VS Ref - [roll0] , if hit slide to H7 (if LD4 doesn't move to H6)
LD4 - VS Ref - [roll1] , if hit slide to I7
Damage - [roll2] and I can slide them

Nerocite
2012-02-29, 12:16 PM
Stay close! We don't want these things to get us!

Standard: Valiant Strike on LDS5
Damage: [roll1]
Move: Shift to H9

Creed
2012-02-29, 05:54 PM
Orpheus

The cleric, full of wrath, steps towards his foes, and with a wave of his hand immolates one of the zombies in holy flames. With another casual wave, Tramklest feels a surge of power and resolve.

Move to H9
Attack LD4 with Sacred Flame
To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Radiant Damage
Tramklest can pick: Make a saving throw or gain 5 temporary HP.

Lemonus
2012-03-01, 02:08 PM
Tramklest thanks Orpheus for the healing, then stabs at the creature that attacked him.

I'll take the 5 temp HP.
MBA on LD3
[roll0]
[roll1]
If my attack reduces it to 10 HP or lower, I instantly kill it with my Death Attack class feature.

Lemonus
2012-03-01, 02:09 PM
Tramklest thanks Orpheus for the healing, then stabs at the creature that attacked him.

I'll take the 5 temp HP.
MBA on LD3
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vesth
2012-03-02, 08:46 PM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=4348

Serena disappears, and a moment later, an icy burst fills the area, striking the zombies.

Grigore and Tramklest fares equally well, with Grigore decapitating his foe, and Tramklest’s blade digging deep into his.

Orpheus keeps missing though, and to make things worse, Grigore blocks his path when he tries to move.

LD1 and LD4 takes 7 damage
LDS5 dies
LD3 takes 17 damage

LD3 tries to scratch Tramklest but fails miserably. LD1 attempts to grab Grigore while LD4 swipes out, but Grigore deftly shifts out of the way.

The human cackles out loud, a horrible, disgusting sound, caused by an infected throat and blocked airways. Spitting out blood, he tosses a bag, which covers LD5 in a sticky substance, rendering him immobile.

LD2, on the other hand, makes up it's mind, and moves towards the scent of blood...

Summary:
{table]Serena|full HP|No ailments
Grigore|full HP|No ailments
Orpheus|full HP|No ailments[/table]

LDS5 dies.

Total Damage:
LD1: 15 damage
LD4: 15 damage
LD3: 32 damage, bloodied

It is now Round 3
Serena has not acted.
Grigore has not acted.
Tramklest has not acted.
Orpheus has not acted.

Creed
2012-03-03, 09:00 PM
Orpheus

Taste my steel!
Orpheus hefts a bolt of silvery energy towards Tramklest's attackers.

Attack LD3 with Lance of Faith
Tramklest gains +2 to hit against LD3 until the end of next turn.

Irish Musician
2012-03-05, 08:48 AM

Still not seen by anyone, Serena lets out a powerful blast of energy that will only hit the abominations, but might if her allies walk into it. Once the attack is through and she has appeared again, she yells to her allies, "Don't step in the burst of my spell, those magics don't know friend from foe."

Actions
Minor - N/A
Move - N/A
Standard - Cordon of Bones, VS Fort, Area Burst 1 centered on I7
LD1 [roll0]
LD4 [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Effect - The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. Creatures take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while in the zone, and any creature that enters the zone takes 5 damage. The damage increases by 2 for each creature reduced to 0 hit points by the attack.

Nerocite
2012-03-08, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Standard: Vengeful strike on LD1
Hit: [roll1] Radiant damage
Miss: Gain a +2 bonus to next damage roll against the target.

Lemonus
2012-03-08, 05:35 PM
"Why won't this thing die!" Snarls Tramklest as he stabs at the living Dead again.

MBA on LD3
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vesth
2012-03-09, 05:30 AM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=4739

The combined efforts of Orpheus and Tramklest paid off - while the blast of silvery energy weakened it, the mighty blade of Tramklest finished it off.

The other two zombies look worse for wear as well, being constantly attacked by Serena and Grigore...

LD3 dies. LD1 takes 26 damage and LD 4 takes 15 damage. Both are bloodied.

LD1 again tries to bite Grigore, with LD 4 swiping it's claws, but neither attacks made it past his armor.

LD2 also swipes it's claws, the deadly nails missing Tramklest.

The infected human laughs as he runs, his scepter lighting up dimly.
The effect is apparent, as the previously immobalized zombie is lifted into the air by a miniature tornado, the buffering winds tearing at its skin.

LD5 takes 11 damage from that attack. It is now 20 feet in the air, and grants combat advantage.

Summary:

LD3 dies.
LD1: 41 damage, bloodied
LD4: 30 damage, bloodied
LD5: 11 damage, grants combat advantage

It is now Round 4
Serena has not acted.
Grigore has not acted.
Tramklest has not acted.
Orpheus has not acted.

Irish Musician
2012-03-11, 09:05 AM

Serena, getting frustrated with these damned walking nuisances, lets out more arcane energy, hopefully killing these horrid things.

Actions
Minor - N/A
Move - N/A
Standard - Freezing Burst, Centered on I7, VS Ref
LD1 - [roll0] , if hit slide to H7
LD4 - [roll1] , if hit slide to I7
Damage - [roll2] & I can slide the target 1 square.

Nerocite
2012-03-12, 12:32 PM
Grigore hacks away at the living dead, repaying their attacks in kind.

Standard: Valiant Strike on LD1
Hit: [roll1] damage

Lemonus
2012-03-13, 04:11 PM
Tramklest stabs at his new foe.

MBA on LD2
[roll0]
[roll1]

Creed
2012-03-13, 05:41 PM
Orpheus

Orpheus raises his holy symbol and calls out: "Back, foul spawn!"
With a burst of silver light, the undead near him stagger back.

Derp. I'm a Cleric. Turn Undead!
Turn Undead
To hit LD1: [roll0]
To hit LD4: [roll1]
Damage LD1: [roll2] Radiant
Damage LD2: [roll3] Radiant
If hit, LD1 pushed to L4, and immobilized
If hit, LD4 pushed to M4, and immobilized
:smalltongue:

Vesth
2012-03-13, 08:55 PM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=5047

Grigore cleaves the zombie into two, both halfs quite dead as they split away.

Serena blasts the other zombie, pusing it back. It seems a tad resistant to cold attacks though....

Tramklest slices at his new foe, his blade parting skin as dull blood flows.

Orpheus really seems to have a hard time. Not only are his attacks missing, but these creatures seem to be immune to the spell he cast.

LD1 dies.
LD4 takes 4 damage.
LD2 takes 11 damage.

LD4 lumbers forward, and takes a swipe at Grigore, nails scraping againt armor, but doing no real damage.

LD2 also misses horribly, as his attacks keep swatting air.

The infected human spins around and launches a small blue pellet from the tip of his scepter, as he moves forward, his mouth is a wide grin, displaying rotting, decaying teeth.

The pellet erupts into a burst of icy mist! Grigore and the zombies survive the blow, and LD5 takes 1 damage.

LD5 lurches forward, grabbing the human...

Summary:
{table]
Serena|full HP|No ailments

LD1 dies.
LD2: 11 damage
LD4: 34 damage
LD5: 12 damage

Infected Human: Grabbed.

It is now Round 5
Serena has not acted.
Grigore has not acted.
Tramklest has not acted.
Orpheus has not acted.

Irish Musician
2012-03-14, 12:26 AM

Scowling, having figured out that her cold spell wasn't having as good an effect as she had hoped, Serena turns to her darker powers and tries to weaken the zombie, so the others' strikes will be more effective.

Actions
Minor - N/A
Move - to H5
Standard - Rotting Doom, Against LD4 VS Fort
LD4 - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] necrotic damage. If the target is undead, it also gains vulnerable 5 to all damage until the start of your next turn (Don't know if they are technically (game mechanically) undead or what, so I am trying this lol)

Effect: If hit, The target cannot regain hit points until the start of your next turn.

Creed
2012-03-14, 08:20 PM
Orpheus

Swearing, Orpheus gesture's towards a zombie with his mace and pulls it back into the frosty cloud.

Command against LD5
To Hit: [roll0]
If hit, LD5 is dazed until the end of my next turn and it is slid to J10.\
It should also take damage from entering the cloud.

Nerocite
2012-03-16, 10:11 AM
Grigore hacks away at a zombie, then gets out of the freezing cloud.

Standard: Vengenful Strike on LD4
Move: Shift to G8

Lemonus
2012-03-16, 12:42 PM
Tramklest stabs at his foe once again.

MBA on LD2
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vesth
2012-03-17, 08:05 AM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=5092

Serena tries to utilise her powers of darkness against the zombie.....but something is wrong! The spell fizzles and dies, as if your magicks are reluctant to damage the zombie....

Until you can hit LD4 again, you suffer a -2 to attack rolls against it.

Orpheus too, misses, his spell going wide.

The melee attackers are faring much better though, with Grigore slicing into LD4 for 11 damage, and Tramklest cutting through rotting flesh for 15 damage.

LD4 and LD2 swipe at Grigore and Tramklest, without much success....

The infected human pushes out of the zombie's grab...or tries to. The zombie bites into him, blood streaked with a green ooze flowing from his bite wounds....

Summary:

{table]Serena|full HP|-2 attack against LD4

LD2: 26 damage (Bloodied)
LD4: 45 damage

It is now Round 6
Serena has not acted.
Grigore has not acted.
Tramklest has not acted.
Orpheus has not acted.

Irish Musician
2012-03-17, 12:41 PM

Frustrated with these awful creature and the fact her spell fizzled out, she calls upon her powers she learned from her master and sends them flying towards the living dead creature. She creates an orb of colored lights between her hands, and releases it, hurling at the dead thing burning it with dazzling, radiant light.

Actions
Minor - N/A
Move - N/A
Standard - Color Orb on LD4, VS WILL, Radiant damage.
LD4 [roll0] (I took the -2 into account)
Damage - [roll1] , radiant damage, and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Creed
2012-03-17, 03:26 PM
Orpheus

Orpheus hefts a shard of silver light at one of the creatures.

Attack LD2 with Lance of Faith
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Tramklest gains a +2 to git against LD2.

Nerocite
2012-03-18, 05:55 PM
Grigore strikes out, hoping to kill one of the rotters by infusing his attack with holy energy.

Standard: Vengeful Strike on LD4
Miss: I gain a +2 bonus to my next damage roll against the target.
Free: Holy Smite on LD4
Effect: Target takes 5 radiant Damage. If Vengeful Strike hits, target is dazed until end of my next turn.
Move: Shift to H9

Lemonus
2012-03-19, 07:51 PM
"We can't kill these things, but they can't kill us!" Tramklest shouts as he stabs out again.

MBA on LD2
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vesth
2012-03-20, 07:22 AM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=5193

With her own powers working against her, Serena shoots forth an orb of coloured lights...which swerves and barely misses the zombie! Grigore follows up though, and he blade expertly splits soul from body.

Orpheus fires off a shard of silver light, and as the zombie staggers from the blow, Lemonus takes the chance.

The melee attackers are faring much better though, with Grigore slicing into LD4 for 11 damage, and Tramklest cutting through rotting flesh for 15 damage. Twisting in a tight arc, he brings his blade around, and impales the zombie as it flails backwards. As blood flows thickly onto his blade, the zombie slows and eventually stops moving.

The infected human launches his staff upwards, aiming for the head, but it fails to connect, and the zombie slices through his exposed neck. He falls into the ground, cluching at his lifeblood, letting a gurgling sound which sounds strangely like laughing, before going very still.

Summary:

LD2: dead
LD4: dead

It is now Round 7
Serena has not acted.
Grigore has not acted.
Tramklest has not acted.
Orpheus has not acted.

Irish Musician
2012-03-20, 11:43 AM

Praising the fates, Serena launches her arcane energies towards the only foe left she can see, and hopefully she will actually hit this one :smallannoyed:

Actions
Minor - N/A
Move - Move to G7
Standard - Rotting Doom VS Fort against LD5
LD5 - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] , necrotic damage. If the target is undead, it also gains vulnerable 5 to all damage until the start of your next turn.

Nerocite
2012-03-22, 08:25 PM
Sensing victory, Grigore shouts out in triumph.

This fight is ours!

Move: to L9
Standard: Valiant Strike on LD5
Hit: [roll1] damage.
Free: Holy smite on LD5
Effect: LD5 takes 5 radiant damage, and if my attack hits, is dazed until the end of my next turn.

Vesth
2012-03-25, 05:57 AM
Serena launches a powerful wave of Arcane energy, and the zombie reels back from the blow. However, this has very negative consequences for Grigore- he attemps a daring maneuver, where, spinning on the heel of one foot, he spins around, gathering momentum as he turns. At the end of the cycle, the blade would cut deeply into the foe. But, the blade misses, and he overbalances-and topples over, landing on the floor.

Grigore is prone

Total damage:
LD5: 30 damage. It is bloodied.

It is still Round 7
Serena has acted.
Grigore has acted.
Tramklest has not acted.
Orpheus has not acted.

Creed
2012-03-30, 01:47 PM
Orpheus steps forward and launches another lance at the remaining foe.

Move to I10
Attack LD5 with Lance of Faith!

Tramklest gains +2 to hit against LD5 for his next attack.

Irish Musician
2012-03-30, 05:46 PM

Seeing the imminent destruction of the final creature, Serena calls her dragonling to her, and fires off a spell to weaken the awful thing.

Minor:N/A
Move: Sama'el to H6
Standard: Rotting Death - LD5 - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] , necrotic damage. If the target is undead, it also gains vulnerable 5 to all damage until the start of your next turn.

Vesth
2012-04-03, 08:42 AM
The final zombie, weakened from the lance from Orpheus, staggered back...but still it stands, it's hunger for your life driving it still.

At least, until Tramklest brings it death.

One swing, and an arm is cleanly severed. Another, equally ruthless, tears a hugh chunk off rotting flesh. On and on he goes, each strike precise, drawing blood, sundering flesh.

And at last, it is still, and joins the rest in death.

Battle is over! (Finally)

Everyone gains 290 exp!

Irish Musician
2012-04-04, 10:29 AM

After making sure Sama'el is ok and taking a short rest, Serena looks over the corpses and starts rummaging around in them, seeing if they had anything valuable on them, however unlikely. She also walks over to the Human thing that seemed to help them, and looks it over.

Nerocite
2012-04-04, 07:40 PM
Grigore gets himself up, keeping his sword drawn. He keeps watch, looking out for anymore foes.

Creed
2012-04-04, 07:42 PM
Orpheus swears under his breath and nearly throws his holy symbol to the ground in disgust.
We had a deal... now start keeping up your end of the bargain..., he mutters, pulling the symbol back around his neck.

Vesth
2012-04-05, 08:33 AM
Serena rummages through the corpses, and finds:

30gp from pooling together what the zombies had when they were alive.
Two vials of an unknown liquid, and a potion of healing.
A folded piece of paper.

The piece if paper is a sketch of the surrounding area, with various markings and symbols all over the place. The three biggest symbols are:
1) A symbol of a tooth in blood to the west.
2) A symbol of a sword to the southeast.
3) A familiar symbol of an eye in an eye far to the North.

From the human, you find:
A Tanglefoot Bag
Power (Consumable): Standard Action. Make an attack:
Ranged 5/10; +5 vs. Reflex; on a hit, the target is
immobilized until the end of your next turn, at which point
the creature is then slowed until the end of its next turn.
A +2 Magic Staff

Irish Musician
2012-04-05, 10:06 AM

Going through all the loot, and figuring out what everything is, Serena stopped on a few different things. First, she saw this strange liquid and then there was the staff. Using her innate powers, she called upon them to answer her questions....what are these objects, and what, specifially, do they do?

Arcana Check on the Unknoqn Liquid and the Staff, if the staff is something more than just a +2 Magic Staff - [roll0]

Vesth
2012-04-05, 06:33 PM
Serena called upon her innate powers to tell her what the +2 Magic Staff is.
It tells you in return that is a +2! Magic Staff, and what on earth were you expecting from a +2 Magic Staff? The ability to summon evil squirrels? :smallamused:

Also, the potions are non magical. You'll need a Nature check to find out more about them.

Nerocite
2012-04-23, 02:15 PM
Grigore sense of adventure kicks in, and he decides to do some exploring.

Let's see what's behind these doors, eh?

He walks over to the South-western door, and tries to open it.

Vesth
2012-04-23, 06:12 PM
I can't access the map right now, so I assume that you opened the door the infected human burst out of

Grigore tests the door – which gives way easily enough, the rotting wood proving to be an inefficient form of protection against the interior.

Within, you see a table, the surface crowded with all sorts of chemical reagents. Most of their containers have gathered dust, but some are still warm to the touch. The floor is equally dusty, with footprints heading this way and that, with one particular set heading straight for the wall, now blown apart by the infected person. You deduce the footsteps to be his.

Dust is not the only thing that covers the floor, however. There are patches of what you assume to be vomit, and some spilled chemicals.

Lining the walls are bookshelves, though it is doubtful you'll be able to uncover much from it's contents with what meager light this place seems to have. Reading maps and deciphering symbols is fine, but searching through entire books is likely to seriously strain you eyes.

The only other thing of note in this room is a staircase leading up.

Nerocite
2012-04-23, 11:29 PM
Grigore shouts back at the group.

Hey! Which way is that compass pointing? There's some stairs over here!

Vesth
2012-04-24, 09:29 AM
The compass needle spins around uselessly.

It has completed half it's task - to lead you to the entrance of the Undercity. The other half, as mentioned by Donea, is to be placed at the building you're looking for.

Maybe the map you have has a clue?

Irish Musician
2012-04-25, 08:35 AM

Looking at the compass, that obviously wasn't helping any, Serena pulls out the map and takes a look at it. Hmmm, now where was that building we needed to look for? Serena turns to the big man, "Hey Grigore, help me out with this map here."

Nerocite
2012-04-26, 06:10 PM
Grigore walks over to Serena, examining the buildings.

Hmm, we're looking for that eye symbol, right? Any markings on the map that would help? If not, I can keep busting down doors. I'm not much of a navigator, I'm afraid.

Vesth
2012-05-01, 06:18 PM
The Undercity is a huge place, and if the map is drawn to scale, the building you're looking for is a few day's march away. And the details on the map is simply stunning. It doesn't look like much as compared to professional maps, but as there were no records of an actual map of the Undercity, either this is a fake, or it's worth a small fortune.

And as you start walking, it proves it own validity.

As you walk, the buildings around you get less and less, until you reach the an indication on the map marked 'graveyard'.

When you reach the end of the town, you are confronted by a long, rusty metal fence, stretching into the distance to your left and right. The fence is only broken by a gate, which stands before you, tall and imposing. The gate is locked with a padlock, but you know a simple spell, or a well-aimed hit with a blade would work as well as a key, abeit with more sparks.

Beyond the fence, mounds upon mounds of upturned rock litter the area, a marking of the dead buried here.

You think you can either circumvent the whole graveyard by walking about it's perimeter, or take the shorter route and just cut through it.

The map had one last piece of advice:

When the couple has fallen, look to their mace;
Within lies their desperate maze.
Within twisting passages lies their treasure,
But beware the guardians and their desperate measures

Nerocite
2012-05-01, 10:39 PM
Grigore looks toward the rest of the party, and then toward the graveyard.

I say we march through. The quicker we finish this, the better. Any objections?

Irish Musician
2012-05-02, 12:00 AM

Serena looks to Sama'el and back to Grigore. "Lead the way!", she says, gesturing towards the graveyard.

Vesth
2012-05-03, 06:09 AM
A single strike from Tramklest's blade sunders the lock, and the gate creaks open. However, a little way into the graveyard, you hear a hiss, loud and full of greed: "Kill the fools!"

From behind several tombstones that lie in front of you, four small humaniods jump out. Clad in black garments, each wields a jagged dagger.

If you look behind you , from under the ground, black smoke rises, coalescing into two distinct forms...

Combat Round 1
It is the player's turn to move. Yes, everyone moves/ attacks

Map:http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=7285

DC 15 Arcana on the humanoids, DC 15 Religion on the spooky smoky things to find out more about them...

Irish Musician
2012-05-03, 11:56 AM

Serena looks around her, sees the nasty humans in front of her and sees the shadows forming behind her. Just using her instincts, she takes a step back and lets loose a cold attack, trying to keep at least one of the things from getting too close.

Checks:
Arcana - [roll0]
Religion - [roll1]

Actions:
Minor: N/A
Move: Shift to N12
Standard:Freezing Burst on W1 VS Ref- [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] And I slide W1 to K21

Vesth
2012-05-04, 07:37 AM
Map Edited to include Serena's familiar (actions updates when everyone posts): http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=7360

Serena:
The humaniods are known as Dark Creepers. Dark ones live among shadarkai, much the way as halflings find their place among populations of humans, dwarves, and elves. Dark ones prefer to dwell in homes that are at least partially underground. They usually come to the world with sinister schemes, take and learn what they can, and slink back into the gloom.

Nerocite
2012-05-04, 03:07 PM
Grigore moves toward the enemy, shouting out battlecries on the way.

Glory to the Raven Queen!

Minor: Activate Defender Aura.
Move: Move to M4
Standard: Vengenful Strike on DC3.
Hit: [roll1] radiant damage.

Creed
2012-05-06, 12:08 PM
Orpheus

Orpheus turns to one of the smokey form, then hurls a spear of light at it.

Move to L15
Attack with Lance of Faith
Attack: [roll0]

Vesth
2012-05-08, 11:36 AM
Map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=7488

Orpheus hurls a spear of light at one of the smoky creatures....and it screeches in agony, the light cutting through it's very essence! But even as it recovered from the blow, Serena knocked it back with a blast of cold.

W1 takes 13 damage, total!

Meanwhile, Grigore cries a prayer to his god as he rushes in the opposite direction, Tramklest close behind; the former's blade cutting through the flimy black garment, biting into flesh, though the other misses it's mark by merely an inch.

DC3 took 7 damage

The one you wounded howls in pain, and swifty retaliates, his dagger nicking Tramklest's flesh for 7 damage.

DC4 vanishes, and promptly reappears right next to Grigore, his dagger flashing dangerously....but bouncing off Grigore's armor all the same.

The other two dark creepers stay at the edge of the battle, as if waiting for a better opportunity to rush in.

Close by, the two shadowy figures move with surprising speed, one heading towards Serena, and the other for Orpheus, one gastly hand reaching out, the chill touch draining Orpheus of energy, while hurting him for 8 damage.

Summary:
Tramklest|28/44|Dormant Living Death
Orpheus|(what the heck's your total hitpoints?! Your hitpoint box is blank...anyway, -7)|Weakened (save ends)[/table]

Monsters:
W1: -13
DC3: -7

It is Round 2
Serena hasn't acted.
Orpheus hasn't acted.
Grigore hasn't acted.
Tramklest most likely won't act.

Irish Musician
2012-05-15, 10:51 AM

Serena sees the charging shadow come at her. She thinks maybe some light is needed to hurt this thing.

Actions
Minor - N/A
Standard - Color Orb - [roll0] VS Will against W2
Damage - [roll1] radiant damage and the target is dazed until the end of my next turn.
Move - J12