PDA

View Full Version : Feather Fall IC

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-04, 09:30 PM
OOC thread - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221004

The town of Slyfer, a day's ride from Dante.

Ruin stands here, pain and blood running beneath the scab of the town. The people move along in their lives, not even barring entry to those entering without weapons drawn. If the raiders are cunning enough to use humans, they are welcome to the meager resources still left.

If Slyfer falls, Dante will obliterate any attack. There is no doubt. The people are simply living atop one massive signal beacon.

It is mid-afternoon, and the Flighty Chuul has opened its doors to custom. It is by far the cheapest accomodation in Slyfer, though others can try sacking with locals.

Your characters, whatever happened before, are now outside Slyfer. I wrote some pre-posting text, and now you most generally walk in or state where you are if you had the idea of having been there for some time.

madtinker
2011-12-05, 10:46 AM
Lev resignedly stokes Angus's forge, repairing weapons damaged in the nightly raids. It's time to move on. Soldier, I am not.

gunnar11
2011-12-05, 04:14 PM
Etcied slowly walks into the town. He is tired, exhausted even. After escaping the prison, he needed to find some shelter, but there was none nearby. Walking for hours he managed to get to Slyfer and was now finally entering it. "Finally..." he manages to say. He falls down, drained from all energy, depleted from his aura.

A voice... A female voice... She was the cause of him being imprisoned. Who Was She...Who...

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-06, 06:34 PM
The town lazily flows with people, shifting from their day's work to drinking in the taverns.

madtinker
2011-12-06, 08:26 PM
Lev wanders into the tavern with the rest when his day's work is done, Alert for any signs of someone who might have need of someone specializing in slightly darker dealings.

[roll0]?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-06, 08:30 PM
Lev wanders into the tavern with the rest when his day's work is done, Alert for any signs of someone who might have need of someone specializing in slightly darker dealings.

[roll0]?

Lev's questioning falls on unwilling ears, and the locals go about their business ignoring him. Some go so far as to tell him to "shove off mate"

madtinker
2011-12-09, 07:32 PM
Lev takes the hint and wanders outside, enjoying the night air and the peaceful stars.

Bridgar
2011-12-09, 08:38 PM
Arn
Arn sidles into town, tired from his journey. He asks the first man that he sees "Is there a temple in this town?"

madtinker
2011-12-09, 09:47 PM
Not so much a temple, but there is a small church over yonder.

Lev indicates with a wave of his hand.

Bridgar
2011-12-09, 10:04 PM
Arn
"Thank you, sir. I'll head over now, Moradin permitting." Arn responds, then hobbles towards the church.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-10, 12:12 AM
Arn
"Thank you, sir. I'll head over now, Moradin permitting." Arn responds, then hobbles towards the church.

The church is simple, and the doors are always open (except in an emergency).

Inside, a young man stands in prayer at the far end of the hall.

Bridgar
2011-12-10, 12:28 AM
Arn
Arn hastily tries to tidy himself up and strides in the best he can. He stands, exhausted, behind the young man, waiting for him to finish his prayer.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-10, 12:32 AM
Arn
Arn hastily tries to tidy himself up and strides in the best he can. He stands, exhausted, behind the young man, waiting for him to finish his prayer.

The man turns.

"Greetings. What can I help you with?"

Bridgar
2011-12-10, 12:45 AM
Arn
"Hello." Arn says, as politely as he can. "May I use your church to pay homage to Moradin?"

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-10, 01:25 AM
Arn
"Hello." Arn says, as politely as he can. "May I use your church to pay homage to Moradin?"

"Certainly, as long as you don't mind me being around."

Bridgar
2011-12-10, 06:25 AM
Arn
Arn chuckles heartily. "Ah, neh. Thank you." With a wide, toothy grin, Arn walks off into a corner, removers his armor, and prays to Moradin for strength to continue on his journey.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-10, 11:27 AM
The sky grows dark in Slyfer.

Those people not going to the taverns lock their doors, prepared for the worst.

gunnar11
2011-12-10, 02:17 PM
Etcied walks into the church. He's still tired, after having waken up by a strange woman. He'd caused a scene, something he preferred not to do. Etcied now walks over to the priest.

Bed? he managed to utter.
Then, he falls again.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-11, 08:16 PM
Etcied walks into the church. He's still tired, after having waken up by a strange woman. He'd caused a scene, something he preferred not to do. Etcied now walks over to the priest.

Bed? he managed to utter.
Then, he falls again.

"Perhaps . . . I can help young sir? You require bedding? The inn in town has reasonable rates."

madtinker
2011-12-11, 08:48 PM
Lev, seeing the strangers in the church, stays close to the church in case anything interesting happens.

Bridgar
2011-12-11, 08:55 PM
Arn
Seeing Etcied fall to the ground in the church, Arn stops his prayers and rushes to his aid. "Are you alright, sir?" Arn then turns to the priest "This man doesn't need a bed, he needs healing."

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-15, 06:40 PM
Arn
Seeing Etcied fall to the ground in the church, Arn stops his prayers and rushes to his aid. "Are you alright, sir?" Arn then turns to the priest "This man doesn't need a bed, he needs healing."

"I shall see what I can do about that."

He goes off to find a healer.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-19, 07:26 PM
The priest returns with a young woman, lithe of build and dressed in a leather apron. Her curly orange locks are tied back behind her head, revealing her slightly pointed ears.

She kneels beside the unconscious man.

"Does anyone know this man?"

madtinker
2011-12-20, 12:37 AM
Lev cautiously steps inside the church, attempting to look concerned but unable to help and trying to stay out of the way.

Bridgar
2011-12-20, 09:37 AM
Arn

"No, I don't know him. He just wandered in here an' asked for a room. Then, he just... fell right off his feet."

gunnar11
2011-12-20, 12:04 PM
Slowly etcied wakes up, seeing two people standing over him.
what happened?
He seems a bit better now, though still pale.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-20, 05:01 PM
The healer smiles and brushes a stray hair back from her face.

She helps Etcied to his feet.

"You were unconscious, here lean on me for a bit."

She turns to the group.

"You won't find much in the way of room and board here in town. I can probably accomodate you at my place"