PDA

View Full Version : Build/Optimizing Help

Honeko
2011-12-05, 07:20 AM
So I've been looking at the different Iron Chef entries, and I got to thinking: "You know, if I could make optimized builds, that'd be a ton of fun. Plus I'd be able to make more interesting games, as well as characters." As such, I've been on a quest for the past week to try and find a foothold into the game, so to speak. Seeing as how I'm a more visual learner, I was thinking the best way for me to learn was to try my hand a build myself. I know this can be MUCH better, and It's a concept that I find insanely intriguing for a variety of reasons. It combines a few of my favorite things, but I'm not sure that it works right without going epic.

So Here it is...(Names welcome, as I'm bad with Names.)

1) Fighter 1 - BAB +1, Ref +0, Balance 0, Jump 4, Tumble 2, Bluff 2, Weapon Finesse, Dodge
2) Fighter 2 - BAB +2, Ref +0, Balance 1, Jump 5, Tumble 2, Bluff 2, DungeonCrasher
3) Fighter 3 - BAB +3, Ref +0, Balance 1, Jump 6, Tumble 3, Bluff 3, Great Fortitude
4) Fighter 4 - BAB +4, Ref +1, Balance 1, Jump 7, Tumble 3, Bluff 3, Combat Expertise
5) Fighter 5 - BAB +5, Ref +1, Balance 1, Jump 8, Tumble 4, Bluff 4, -
6) Fighter 6 - BAB +6, Ref +2, Balance 1, Tumble 4, WF(Rapier), DungeonCrasher II
7) Blade Bravo 1 - Ref +4, Balance 3, Tumble 5, Flourish, Goad
8) Blade Bravo 2 - Balance 4, Tumble 7, Mobile Fighting
9) Blade Bravo 3 - Tumble 8, Bonus Feat, WF(Unarmed Strike)
10) Blade Bravo 4 - Melee SA +1d6
11) Blade Bravo 5 - Size Advantage
12) Rogue 1 - SA +1d6(+2d6)(Bonus Feat), trapfinding, Improved Unarmed Strike
13) Shou Disciple 1 - Dodge Bonus, Unarmed Strike
14) Shou Disciple 2 - Bonus Feat
15) Shou Disciple 3 - Martial Flurry(light), Underfoot Combat
16) Shou Disciple 4 - Bonus Feat
17) Shou Disciple 5 - Martial Flurry(any)
18) Rogue 2 - Evasion, Confound the Big Folk(Bonus Feat)
19) Drunken Master 1 - Drink Like A Demon, Improvised Weapons
20) Drunken Master 2 - Stagger

A few notes: A) In order to get no XP Penalties, race must be Whisper Gnome. B) Must have an Int Mod of at least +1. C) Must be eligible for Regional Feats(Shou or Thesk). D) Must survive a binge frat party. E) Assume a way to become Tiny, either through items or party caster help. F) The bonus feats are from small lists, and I was unable to think of ones that would help much. Also, can lose SA from Rogue levels to get extra Fighter Feats.

Obviously, that's horrible. The most synergy is the "Other Killer Gnome"-ness. I was trying to get the Dungeoncrasher damage through Corkscrew Rush while getting drunken Strength, and being seemingly harmless like a kitten. You know, a little thing, stumbling around drunk off a thimble, hiccuping. Who then slams you into a wall face first by bumping into your shin. You don't know what's happening from one moment to the next, and this little thing just stumbles away afterwards.

So here's my second attempt.

1) Rogue 1 - BAB +0, Ref +2, Balance 4, Jump 4, Tumble 4, Bluff 4, SA +1d6(Bonus Feat), Trapfinding, Weapon Finesse
2) Rogue 2 - BAB +1, Jump 5, Tumble 5, Evasion, (Bonus Feat)
3) Fighter 1 - BAB +2, Jump 6, Tumble 6, WF(Rapier), Combat Expertise
4) Fighter 2 - BAB +3, Jump 7, Tumble 7, DungeonCrasher
5) Rogue 3 - BAB +4, Jump 8, Tumble 8, SA +2d6, Trap Sense +1
6) Rogue 4 - BAB +5, Tumble 9, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike
7) Blade Bravo 1 - Tumble 10, Flourish, Goad
8) Blade Bravo 2 - Mobile Fighting
9) Blade Bravo 3 - Dodge, WF(Unarmed Strike)
10) Blade Bravo 4 - Melee SA +1d6(+3d6),
12) Shou Disciple 1 - Dodge Bonus, Unarmed Strike, Great Fortitude
13) Shou Disciple 2 - Bonus Feat
14) Shou Disciple 3 - Martial Flurry(light)
15) Drunken Master 1 - Drink Like A Demon, Improvised Weapons, Underfoot Combat
16) Drunken Master 2 - Stagger
17) Drunken Master 3 - Swaying Waist
18) Drunken Master 4 - AC Bonus +1, Improved Improvised Weapons, Confound the Big Folk
19) Drunken Master 5 - Greater Improvised Weapons
20) Drunken Master 6 - Improved Feint

This one is a bit better, I think. But still no Corkscrew Rush, and you get the Anti-Big Folk feats so late. I've heard of a feat, I believe from CityScape that allows you to have an extra couple of Skill Ranks, if I could fit that in at the beginning, rearrange the order I get feats, I could get into Shou Disciple at level 5. I'd lose Uncanny Dodge and a dice of SA, but gain 2 levels of Drunken Master, meaning Improved Grapple and For Medicinal Purposes. Still one level short of Corkscrew Rush. I could dip Monk instead of Shou Disciple, but I'm afraid the build will be too MAD, plus to buff Strength, I lose Wis and Int which will need to be at least 14 to get the most out of Drink Like a Demon, meaning +12 to Strength. That begs the question then, do I need Weapon Finesse at that point? If I dip Monk instead of Shou Disciple, I'd need Wis and Int to be at least 18, which is fairly easily obtained at level 20.

So...

1) Rogue 1 - SA, Weapon Finesse
2) Rogue 2 - Evasion
3) Fighter 1 - WF(Rapier), Combat Expertise
4) Fighter 2 - DungeonCrasher
5) Rogue 3 - SA
6) Rogue 4 - Uncanny Dodge, Great Fortitude
7) Blade Bravo 1 - Flourish, Goad
8) Blade Bravo 2 - Mobile Fighting
9) Blade Bravo 3 - Dodge, Underfoot Combat
10) Blade Bravo 4 - Melee SA
12) Monk 1 - Improved Unarmed Strike, Monk stuff, Confound the Big Folk
13) Drunken Master 1 - Drink Like A Demon
14) Drunken Master 2 - Stagger
15) Drunken Master 3 - Swaying Waist, Ascetic Rogue
16) Drunken Master 4 - AC Bonus +1
17) Drunken Master 5 -
18) Drunken Master 6 - Improved Feint
19) Drunken Master 7 - Improved Grapple
20) Drunken Master 8 - For Medicinal Purposes

I think I like this build. Every Level adds something to the build, Cept 17 which is an upgrade to Improvised Weapons, which is nifty, just not what the build is about. Again just one level of Drunken Master short of Corkscrew Rush. Hmm, this build feels like it would benefit from Skirmish, but that requires a later entry into Blade Bravo, less Drunken Master levels, and another feat. Which the one at 18 is open for. But Swift Ambusher isn't what I wanna go with, with this build. I feel this build is more tankish, than Dps, but could easily switch roles if needed. And with Average Skill points, this build can also be useful outside of combat, too. Take up craft(brewing) and make your own booze, then you can still do other stuff besides ride on the others shoulders, or in their pockets, their size willing.

So thoughts, comments, suggestions? I'm open to them all. I'm trying to learn here, so anything will be useful.

Thanks.

kulosle
2011-12-06, 03:16 AM
So I'm not sure what the question is but I can tell you the best part of combining two of the classes you have right there. Shou disciple is and drunken master is a great combination. 5 levels of shou diciple lets you flurry with your improvised weapons. Thus the monk now becomes semi good. still the not as good as the unarmed swordsage. But unarmed damage is the easiest to up because you can't enchant it. Well you can enchant the spikes on an admantine stein. dual wield those. profit.