PDA

View Full Version : Build Advice (for two solo characters; 3.5)

Smokin Red
2011-12-05, 07:27 AM
Hey playground,

I'm in need of advice for two builds, both are for a solo campaign in a dungeon (not pbp :smallwink:), and starting level 3 (max. is around 10).

The first one is pretty straight forward, I want a chracter who can evade/resist nearly every trap.
So I think Evasion and high saves, but how can I max this out?

The second one is an self-sufficient dungeon-delver, who also should have fighting skills. And NO spells (or at least not before prestige classes later)

Thanks for your advice.

Darth_Versity
2011-12-05, 09:00 AM
A beguiler and crusader sounds like a winning combo. The beguiler scouts, open locks, and disarms traps. In combat he is buffer/debuffer and battlefield control. The crusader is your tank/melee brute and also the healer. It covers nearly all the main 4 man party roles.

Psyren
2011-12-05, 10:25 AM
Seconding Darth's idea. If you'd like a psionic option, Psionic Artificer and Tashalatora Ardent make a great duo as well. If you don't want psionics or ToB, try a Factotum/Binder.

Essence_of_War
2011-12-05, 11:40 AM
I've found that warforged are often strong choices for the self-sufficient dungeon delver role.

They don't need sleep, eat, breathe and have a plethora of nifty immunities. Notably poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain. They also have light fortification, and if you use their 1st level feat to get heavier plating, this gets even stronger.

Strap a fighter/warblade/crusader onto them, and you have a guy who takes a licking and keeps on ticking basically indefinitely.

Aegis013
2011-12-05, 12:01 PM
Strap a fighter/warblade/crusader onto them, and you have a guy who takes a licking and keeps on ticking basically indefinitely.

See if you can get Trollblooded, become a Saint, and PrC into Warforged Juggernaut.

Then go through elemental ritual of fire from Savage Species.

Become pretty close to invulnerable.

Smokin Red
2011-12-05, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the quick help.

Perhaps I should clearify something, the two characters won't be a duo, either one is going solo.

Psyren
2011-12-05, 02:56 PM
Your wording didn't make that clear, but the beauty about T3 classes is that they can solo almost anything in addition to working well as a team. It also requires enough effort to do so that the DM will be unlikely to want to nerf you out of hand.

hushblade
2011-12-05, 02:59 PM
I imagine a cleric would do well in solo. Perhaps cleric/crusader/RKV if you want some more martial ability.