PDA

View Full Version : Help for a 3.P Epic Gestalt Game!!!

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 06:41 PM
I, once again, am the party's 5th Wheel... I need something so I can stand out in our group...

Here's the party:

Insectile Obah Blessed (4 Armed) Diopsoid Were-Giant Octopus 9/RHD 8/Totemist 3//Spirit Lion Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Psi Warrior 6/Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Frenzied Berserker 4/Slayer 3

Human Focused Conjurer 20//Rogue 20

Half-Elf Assassin (Homebrew BC) 20//SA Fighter 20

Lesser Aasimar Cleric 20//Monk 20

I need to fit an obscure 5th Wheel position. I'd love to fit what the party doesn't have (not sure exactly what that is.) Any ideas are appreciated.

-Toku of the Buraindogan-

legomaster00156
2011-12-05, 06:49 PM
They've got a Conjurer? Then you can't fill a position they don't have. However, I might ask what schools are barred by the Conjurer, and you may get something you're not completely outshone in.

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 06:54 PM
They've got a Conjurer? Then you can't fill a position they don't have. However, I might ask what schools are barred by the Conjurer, and you may get something you're not completely outshone in.

He banned Necromancy and Enchantment. He is acting as a blaster-thief, the Monstrosity is our beatstick, the Cleric is a band-aid dispenser, and the sneaky one is the "traditional" assassin

hex0
2011-12-05, 07:05 PM
Be a buffer of some sort:

Dragon Shaman/Crusader or Bard/Crusader

Or do a bit of everything!

Factotum 3/Duskblade 3
Psychic Rogue 2/Duskblade 2
Chameleon 10/Duskblade 10
Factotum 5/Slayer 5

Hirax
2011-12-05, 07:15 PM
Be a super buffer: bard20//wizard5/incantatrix10/anything5

Get all your friend's buffs to last all day, on top of the usual bardic inspiration.

hex0
2011-12-05, 07:36 PM
He banned Necromancy and Enchantment.

Beguiler 20/Dread Necromancer 20! (obviously more PRCs in there)

On a related note, why just Conjurer 20/Rogue 20...when there is a crazy octopus dude build in the party?

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 08:49 PM
Beguiler 20/Dread Necromancer 20! (obviously more PRCs in there)

On a related note, why just Conjurer 20/Rogue 20...when there is a crazy octopus dude build in the party?

Everybody else (including myself) is sane.

I'm really not looking for an arcane caster personally. And the Octopus monster-guy has 28 arms (Illithid Heritage: Tentacles and Deepspawn) and uses One weapon

Hirax
2011-12-05, 08:51 PM
Are any of them planning to be the party face?

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 08:56 PM
Are any of them planning to be the party face?

The party has a rule: No devoted diplomats. The last one never fought, because he said, "You are a chicken" and the enemies acted like chickens

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-05, 09:00 PM
The party has a rule: No devoted diplomats. The last one never fought, because he said, "You are a chicken" and the enemies acted like chickens

Did he use bluff, Dominate, or Suggestion? Because that's not diplomacy.

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 09:05 PM
Did he use bluff, Dominate, or Suggestion? Because that's not diplomacy.

That's all he had. Bluff, Sense Motive, Forgery, Dominate, Suggestion, and Diplomacy all synergized into a jerk*** character who ruined WBL, Ended the Campaign, Never Fought, and generally ruined our fun

Olo Demonsbane
2011-12-05, 09:05 PM
Everybody else (including myself) is sane.

I'm really not looking for an arcane caster personally. And the Octopus monster-guy has 28 arms (Illithid Heritage: Tentacles and Deepspawn) and uses One weapon

...is everyone prepared for him to simply end each encounter in an instant if he can actually attack the enemy? Even with 50 strength, easily doable by this level on a Frenzied Berserker with monster levels, that's 20(1+.5(27))=20(14.5)=290 extra damage on each attack just due to strength. With four attacks per round, he can easily do over 1000 damage just from strength, without charging, or without many of the things that stop typical melee...if he has intelligent gear selection, he may very well eliminate any non-caster threats in one round, every encounter. The 20d6 sneak attack of the Assassin ain't going to cut it.

On that note: maybe something that can kill casters? Or just a varied utility build. I personally would go for something like Factotum 20//Beguiler 10/Rainbow Servant 10 for ultimate versatility.

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 09:11 PM
...is everyone prepared for him to simply end each encounter in an instant if he can actually attack the enemy? Even with 50 strength, easily doable by this level on a Frenzied Berserker with monster levels, that's 20(1+.5(27))=20(14.5)=290 extra damage on each attack just due to strength. With four attacks per round, he can easily do over 1000 damage just from strength, without charging, or without many of the things that stop typical melee...if he has intelligent gear selection, he may very well eliminate any non-caster threats in one round, every encounter. The 20d6 sneak attack of the Assassin ain't going to cut it.

On that note: maybe something that can kill casters? Or just a varied utility build. I personally would go for something like Factotum 20//Beguiler 10/Rainbow Servant 10 for ultimate versatility.

DM Ruled that the Assassin's SA stacks (she has the "Sleeping with the DM feat") with itself.

And an anti-caster could be fun

Randomguy
2011-12-05, 09:53 PM
You could try factotum/chameleon on one side, with a one level dip in dragon lord (The prestige class from Dragon magic) and dragon shaman 20 on the other side. You can do everything and buff the entire group while you're at it. The dip in dragon lord is for an extra point of aura bonus and another aura.

Remember to take the feat that lets you have two draconic auras active at once.

You could be a warlock on one side and something to complement that at another. Epic warlocks get awesome feats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a). My favorite is the one that grants shades at will. The feat that grants good teleportation powers is also useful, especially for escaping, or teleporting far away so you can use longer ranged attacks. With shades, you can mimic summon monster to summon something that can heal you. You also mimic spells with long casting times as a standard action, so fierce pride of the beastlands (from spell compedium) just became much more useful.
On the other side, you'll want something with good hit points, or has good reflex and fortitude saves, and that makes good use of charisma.
Maybe two levels of paladin of freedom for cha to saves?
You said no arcane casters, so no sorcerer or dread necro.
Maybe levels of scout, for many skill points and skirmish damage on top of your eldritch blast? If you get shades at will, eldritch blast probably won't be your primary attack though, and you've already got two rogues and a damage dealer.
Dragon shaman might still be decent, for the passive buffs.
Maybe something from incarnum? I wouldn't know, but they're supposed to have all sorts of passive abilities.
Binder would be a great idea, since warlock gets you active things and binder gets you passive abilities. Yeah, I'd recommend binder.

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 09:58 PM
You could try factotum/chameleon on one side, with a one level dip in dragon lord (The prestige class from Dragon magic) and dragon shaman 20 on the other side. You can do everything and buff the entire group while you're at it. The dip in dragon lord is for an extra point of aura bonus and another aura.

Remember to take the feat that lets you have two draconic auras active at once.

You could be a warlock on one side and something to complement that at another. Epic warlocks get awesome feats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a). My favorite is the one that grants shades at will. The feat that grants good teleportation powers is also useful, especially for escaping, or teleporting far away so you can use longer ranged attacks. With shades, you can mimic summon monster to summon something that can heal you. You also mimic spells with long casting times as a standard action, so fierce pride of the beastlands (from spell compedium) just became much more useful.
On the other side, you'll want something with good hit points, or has good reflex and fortitude saves, and that makes good use of charisma.
Maybe two levels of paladin of freedom for cha to saves?
You said no arcane casters, so no sorcerer or dread necro.
Maybe levels of scout, for many skill points and skirmish damage on top of your eldritch blast? If you get shades at will, eldritch blast probably won't be your primary attack though, and you've already got two rogues and a damage dealer.
Dragon shaman might still be decent, for the passive buffs.
Maybe something from incarnum? I wouldn't know, but they're supposed to have all sorts of passive abilities.
Binder would be a great idea, since warlock gets you active things and binder gets you passive abilities. Yeah, I'd recommend binder.

Lemmie say this: The wizard's player cannot play a caster to save his life. All he plans on doing is "I Summon a Bear" a lot (No, really)

That said, I'm not looking for a devoted spellcaster (like Wizard//Duskblade or Sorcadin//RKV), but dabbling in arcane is kinda cool. And remember: PF classes are allowed

Edit: And what Incarnum class is in best interest for a Warlock?

Tokuhara
2011-12-05, 10:31 PM
I had a weird Gestalt idea:

Alchemist//Summoner

Specifically, the build themed off of making myself a pseudo-deity though Mutagens and my Eidolon Powersuit to make myself more powerful than 99%% of the party (minus the Melee Monster)

Tokuhara
2011-12-06, 09:01 PM
Be a buffer of some sort:

Dragon Shaman/Crusader or Bard/Crusader

I was actually thinking

Human Warlord (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/tos---warlord) 17/Human Paragon 3//Marshal 2/Crusader 18

Behold Captain Roy Valiant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204702&page=1), you have been reborn.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/31885/warlord.jpg