PDA

View Full Version : My very own cat people: Lihatend. (PEACH)

sengmeng
2011-12-05, 08:05 PM
So, I suckered you in: there are three forms of my cat people, with three sets of stats, and I'm wondering about all of them. Feel free to PEACH just one.

The male Lihat is a brutish creature, relying on raw strength to solve most problems. He is not as intelligent as the female, but has a cunning intuition.

Male Lihat
Monstrous Humanoid

SZ Medium

Ht: 4'9" +2d12 + Str bonus in inches
Wt: 100 lbs base + 2d8 x number of inches over 4'9"

minimum: 4'9" 100 lbs
maximum: 7'3" 580 lbs

Str: +4
Dex: +2
Con: +2
Int: -2
Wis: +2
Cha: +0

3 HD of Monstrous Humanoid
3d8 hp
2 feats
6 x (2 + Int bonus) skillpoints (Class skills: Listen, Spot, Hide, Move Silently, Climb, Jump, Wild Empathy, Sense Motive, Intimidate, Search, Survival)
+3 base attack bonus
Ref +3
Fort +3
Will +1

Natural Armor: +2 AC

Racial skill bonuses: Listen, Spot, Hide, Move Silently, Survival (when tracking by scent): +2 Climb, Jump: +4

Keen Senses: Male Lihats can see four times as far as humans in lowlight conditions. They treat all Listen checks as being at half the distance they actually are.

Speed: 40 ft.

Water Aversion: Male Lihats are seized with a deep-seated racial panic when immersed in water, taking a -15 penalty to all swim checks. They can never take ten when swimming, no matter what the circumstances.

Track as a bonus feat.

Cat affinity: Any time a male Lihat attempts Wild Empathy check on a natural feline creature, he gains a +6 circumstance bonus.

Natural Weapons: Claws 1d4 (primary) Bite 1d3 (Secondary)

Proficiency with all simple weapons.

Favored Class: Ranger (with a special restriction). Male Lihats who multi-class may ignore their Ranger levels when determining xp penalties, as long as they have Giants as a favored enemy.

Level adjustment +4

The female Lihat is mentally comparable to humans, and look more like them than the males. They boast psionic powers, while the males and juveniles do not.
Monstrous Humanoid
Female Lihat
Sz Medium

Ht: 4'7" +2d10"
Wt: 80 lbs base + 1d10 x number of inches over 4'7"

Minimum: 4'9" 84 lbs
Maximum: 6'3" 280

Str: +0
Dex: +4
Wis: +0
Int: +0

2 HD of Monstrous Humanoid
2d8 hp
2 feats
5 x (2 + Int Bonus) Skillpoints (Class skills: Listen, Spot, Hide, Move Silently, Climb, Jump, Wild Empathy, Sense Motive, Search, Bluff)
+2 Base Attack bonus
Ref: +3
Fort: +3
Will: +0

Natural Armor: +1 AC

Racial skill bonuses: Climb, Jump, Hide, Move Silently: +2 Spot, Listen, Search: +4

Keen Senses: Female Lihats can see four times as far as humans in low-light conditions. They treat all Listen checks as being at half the distance they actually are.

Speed: 30 ft.

Water Aversion: Female Lihats are seized with a deep-seated racial panic when immersed in water, taking a -10 penalty to all swim checks. They can never take ten when swimming, no matter what the circumstances.

Cat affinity: Any time a female Lihat attempts Wild Empathy check on a natural feline creature, she gains a +8 circumstance bonus.

+2 Circumstance bonus on Sense Motive and Diplomacy checks when used on male Lihats.

Natural Weapons: 2 Claws 1d3

Psi-like abilities: Concussion Blast at will. This may only be used to deal non-lethal damage. When manifesting this Psi-like ability, the female Lihat does not draw from her power point total; instead, she deals one point of non-lethal damage to herself in place of any power points she would have used to manifest or augment the power. The maximum amount she may spend on this power is the number of hitpoints she received from her Monstrous Humanoid HD (typically, 11 hp). The maximum amount she may spend on this power is her hitpoint total (note that they are allowed to go into the negative and knock themselves out if it seems like a good idea). Catfall at will. 3/day: Painful Strike. 1/day: Burst, Metaphysical Claw. Manifester level equals one half HD, rounded down.

Additionally, Female Lihats gain more uses of their Psi-like abilities as they progress in levels, and a new ability at 5th level.

3rd level: 5/day: Painful Strike.
4th Level: 2/day: Burst, Metaphysical Claw.
5th Level: 1/day: Duodimensional Claw.

A female Lihat gains the Feat Craft Psionic Arms and Armor as a bonus feat upon reaching 5th level in a Psionic manifesting class.

Naturally Psionic: Female Lihats gain 1 bonus power point at first level. This does not grant them the ability to manifest psionic powers unless they gain that ability from another source, such as levels in a psionic class.

Favored Class: Psychic Warrior.

Level Adjustment +4

The juveniles of the Lihatend race are called 'Tendari' and are animalistic, living in the wild until they mature.

Tendari
Monstrous Humanoid

Sz Small

Ht: 2' +2d6"
Wt: 20 lbs base + 1d2 x number of inches over 2'

Minimum: 2'2" 22 lbs
Maximum: 3' 44 lbs

Str: -2
Dex: +6
Wis: -4
Int: -2

1 HD of Monstrous Humanoid
1d8 hp (typically 5 hp)
1 feat
+1 Base Attack bonus
4 x (2 + Int bonus) Skillpoints (Class skills: Listen, Spot, Hide, Move Silently, Climb, Jump, Wild Empathy, Sense Motive, Survival)

Racial skill bonuses: Climb, Jump: +8 Spot, Listen, Search: +4 Survival, Wild Empathy, Move Silently, Hide: +2

Tendari use their Dexterity modifier instead of their Strength on Climb checks.

Keen Senses: Tendari can see four times as far as humans in lowlight conditions. They treat all Listen checks as being at half the distance they actually are.

Speed: 30 ft or 50 ft in a gallop (meaning hands are free to aid in movement)

Water Aversion: Tendari are seized with a deep-seated racial panic when immersed in water, taking a -15 penalty to all swim checks. They can never take ten when swimming, no matter what the circumstances.

Cat affinity: Any time a Tendari attempts Wild Empathy check on a natural feline creature, he gains a +6 circumstance bonus.

Cat's Landing: Tendari treat all falls as 10 ft less if their hands are free (they would typically drop any items held). This stacks with the use of the Jump or Tumble skill to lessen the height of a fall, if appropriate.

Natural Weapons: Claws 1d2 (Primary), Bite 1d2 (Secondary)

Special Attacks:
Rend 1d4+2: If both claws hit the same target, a Tendari may rend for an additional 1d4+2 damage.

Rake: A Tendari can make two claw attacks while grappling, without the usual -4 penalty for using natural weapons in a grapple, at its highest base attack bonus.

Pounce is available as a feat to Tendari. It has no prerequisites. It confers the ability to make a full attack after a charge, including two Rake attacks.

Favored Class: Rogue

Level Adjustment: +2

Mostly, I don't intend to change their abilities and stats, but I do wonder if their LAs are reasonable.

sengmeng
2011-12-05, 08:08 PM
Huge amount of fluff available here:
Lihatend (http://nyskora.pbworks.com/w/page/7778040/Lihatend)

TL;DR version: the Lihatend are an island race who don't swim or boat generally. They hate giants and were the only ones who didn't succumb to an empire of giants on their continent (back before a huge cataclysm that turned their peninsula into an island). The young live in the wild and do not mature at a fixed rate; some are rumored to stay in the Tendari (juvenile) stage for up to fifty years. The adults therefore have lots of young, since they never know if a given Kit will grow up or not. They are self-sufficient at one year old. They are ruled by a king, but he delegates most of his authority to his seventeen queen regents. Females are more intelligent and are responsible for most of the civilized aspects of Lihatend culture.

Bhu
2011-12-06, 12:46 AM
LA for th males/juvies is a lil high

Yay kitties!:smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2011-12-06, 01:11 AM

Yay kitties!:smallbiggrin:

Yeah. Remember that LA and RHD stack, they don't overlap. So a male is ECL +7, way higher than the abilities warrant. Maybe LA +2?

sengmeng
2011-12-06, 01:16 AM

I'm sure the Tendari couldn't be +0, so +1 LA makes sense then?

The males probably down to +2 then?

Rainbownaga
2011-12-06, 05:34 AM
Something I don't understand- You have no listed CR so I assume you meant these as player races, but you give huge LA's and RHD's.

LAs are poorly implemented as-is and are designed as work-arounds for PCs that are supposed to be NPCs. I honestly think this would work much better if you turned them into monster classes.

Even consider just making a savage progression or just comparing it to what a tier 5/6 class gets for the same level progression. As it is you've basically given a player who wants to be a male 7 dead levels and forbidden play until at least level 7.

I like your idea but LAs and forced monster Hds are even less fun than dead levels.

sengmeng
2011-12-06, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure how monster levels work; this is my first foray into creating a race with a LA higher than +1 or RHD. I see now that the RHD are basically like giving it three levels of warrior. It wouldn't really hurt them to get rid of them and let them choose a class.

EDIT: Changed.