PDA

View Full Version : Spell Phylactery - Raising CL

Dazed&Confused
2011-12-05, 09:51 PM
I'm currently at level 11. I wanna use Spell Phylactery for Heal, but it's level 6 and the spell specifies I can only use it on a spell that's at most 1/3 my CL, rounded down. That means I need at least 18th CL.

I need ways to reach it, and I can cast wizard spells up to level 5. Already thought of Create Magic Tatoo, it's done; so now I'm at 13. It has to last at least 10 minutes aswell - the casting time of Spell Phylactery -, so I don't know if Prayer Beads would work; unless I can use both at the same time(?). Spell Enhancer can't be used since it lasts only one round, same for Divine Spell Power.

EDIT:

Sorry, it has been updated on PgTF, it's 1/4 my CL now. Damn, I don't suppose I can reach 24... right?

Cruiser1
2011-12-05, 10:22 PM
Use the Rapid Spell (CD) metamagic feat to reduce the casting time of Spell Phylactery from 10 minutes to 1 minute. That allows the +4 CL from the Bead of Karma on the Strand of Prayer Beads to definitely apply to it.

Use the Persist Spell metamagic feat (using standard tricks to reduce spell level so you can actually persist higher level spells) to make Spell Enhancer last all day (although it still will only apply to "the next spell you cast"). That allows the +2 CL from that spell to apply to Spell Phylactery too. :smallsmile:

See this thread for other CL raising tricks: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872350/Raising_Caster_Level