PDA

View Full Version : The perfect OOTS gift.

phoenixineohp
2011-12-05, 10:41 PM
Midnight Son and I wanted to share a fun little thing that happened to us this week. For those of you who don't know, we met on these forums several years ago and have now been happily married for over a year. OOTS fan marriages do seem to have on inherent risk though... the perfect OOTS gift.

We are only missing two books from our OOTS collection. One that is currently out of print, and the Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails book. Realizing this and planning for the holidays, I ordered the book on November 14th for Midnight Son. Due to international shipping, I was anxiously awaiting it's arrival for sometime. The website says 6-10 days and then if it still doesn't show up, wait a week and then contact them. So I was preparing for the 'contact them' time.

In the meantime, Midnight Son is mostly out on the road as a truck driver. Due to the logistics of this job, all of his email forwards to my account so I can deal with anything that comes up. Much to my surprise last night (Dec 4th) I receive an email that is almost a copy of my original order confirmation. Confused and concerned, wondering if there was a shipping problem and it's been resent, I carefully read it over. Only I realize, it's for a new order and it's to ship to my father (who lives with us).

Calling Midnight Son, I inquire as to why he bought to book.
Him - "Shoot! You're not supposed to see that!"
Me - "Did you get it for Christmas?"
Him - "Yes. I forgot you'd get the email."
Me - "Well it's a good thing I did."
Him - "Why... Did you order it for Christmas?"
Me - "...Yes...."
*Laughter*

OOTS Books, the perfect Christmas gift. Because great minds think alike. (And love the merch!) :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, today I was not only able to cancel his order, but was thrilled to find my order arrived safe and sound. Apparently we will have to plan our future OOTS orders with much more detail and communication. :smallamused:

Dark Elf Bard
2011-12-05, 11:16 PM
You met itp? That's so sweet!

Felixaar
2011-12-05, 11:37 PM
Heh. Why cancel the second order? I ordered three copies myself, and after giving one to Anuan and keeping one for myself, have saved the third for use following the apocalypse when printed versions of webcomics inevitably become the global currency.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-12-05, 11:45 PM
You met itp? That's so sweet!

There's quite a few couples who met itP.

Mando Knight
2011-12-05, 11:48 PM
have saved the third for use following the apocalypse when printed versions of webcomics inevitably become the global currency.
What? That's silly. They'll give you permanent bonuses to random skills. Bottlecaps will be the global currency. :smalltongue:

phoenixineohp
2011-12-06, 01:18 AM
Heh. Why cancel the second order? I ordered three copies myself, and after giving one to Anuan and keeping one for myself, have saved the third for use following the apocalypse when printed versions of webcomics inevitably become the global currency.

Well, we have to be conservative with our money right now. One book means more funds for something else. Maybe the Fantasy Fantasy shirt? :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2011-12-06, 01:19 AM
No, you fool, it's funny pictures saved on your hard drive (http://xkcd.com/512/).

Zeb The Troll
2011-12-06, 01:56 AM
Ha! That's awesome.

And yeah, there are a handful of us who've met here. I think PxP/Midnight Son and Me/Alarra are the only two couples that have made the successful transition to wedded bliss, though.

We're still waiting on word of a Midnight Pheonix/Phoenix Son, though. :smallwink:

We miss you guys!

phoenixineohp
2011-12-06, 02:12 AM
It's going to be a looooong time before there are any little fireballs in our family! Least not the furry or scaly kind. :smallwink:

Midnight Son
2011-12-06, 09:43 PM
Ha! That's awesome.

And yeah, there are a handful of us who've met here. I think PxP/Midnight Son and Me/Alarra are the only two couples that have made the successful transition to wedded bliss, though.

We're still waiting on word of a Midnight Pheonix/Phoenix Son, though. :smallwink:

We miss you guys!We miss you too. Wish I could get a bit more time off. 5 days at a time max, with limited funds, makes travel to all the places difficult.

Zeb The Troll
2011-12-07, 01:40 AM
We miss you too. Wish I could get a bit more time off. 5 days at a time max, with limited funds, makes travel to all the places difficult.I can only imagine. We just keep hoping you'll have another stopover in our neighborhood. Of course, that's probably like hoping it'll snow in Sacramento ... on Christmas Day. :smallcool: