PDA

View Full Version : (3.X) Fun Unique Monster Abilities?

Lastgrasp
2011-12-06, 08:35 AM
What monsters have you used that have fun somewhat unique monster abilities? Ones that deviate away from the standard ones like trip, grab, breath weapons, spell-like abilities, etc? Sources can come from 3PP, Wotc 3.0/3.5, and Pathfinder. Example of one I used that my group.

MMV: Force Golem
-Force Burst: Create 30 ft blast for 2d6 dmg and group is knocked prone.
-Force Reactive: Attack misses the golem can turn the kinetic energy back on the attacker as an immediate action. The attacker move 5ft away in any direction golem wishes.
-Pulse: Ranged Touched. Opposed Str checks. If defender fails moved target 10 ft in straight line and fall prone.

Tr011
2011-12-06, 08:43 AM
MM1: Choker. They got one additional standard action every turn. Check the glorious choker handbook for details (very well and funny written).

Sdonourg
2011-12-06, 08:46 AM
MMV: Force Golem

My favorite monster. I used two force golems in a narrow room with spiked walls and spiked pits. That was fun. Yeah, and golems were standing on a platform? surrounded by spiked pits.

Tzevash
2011-12-06, 09:15 AM
I love the Grell's cleric turning from Liber Mortis!
Undead revenge :smallbiggrin:

Demon of Death
2011-12-06, 09:49 AM
MM1: Choker. They got one additional standard action every turn. Check the glorious choker handbook for details (very well and funny written).

I prefer the Chronotryn from Fiend Folio that gets another set of all actions every round personally.