PDA

View Full Version : The Scholar - Build Help

Armethious
2011-12-06, 11:19 AM
I am starting a character at level one in a new campaign. The goal for this character will be the acquisition of as much arcane, psionic, and divine knowledge as possible. By nature he will be non violent, more interested in the pursuit of the knowledge more so than the use there of. That being said, if a little death and mayhem is required to gather the knowledge he seeks, he will be fine with that as well.

Now, I just need to figure out a build path that will allow me to gain access to as many arcane, divine and psion powers as I can. I know a StP Erudite can cover the arcane and psion in one little package, but is there a way to add divine to that? Secondly, the GM is considering running a gestalt, so if that is open to me, I think that would make it easier. If so, what would you recommend?

skycycle blues
2011-12-06, 11:32 AM
If it's gestalt, throw either Cloistered Cleric or Archivist on the other side of your Erudite and you should be set.

Jopustopin
2011-12-06, 01:19 PM
Paragnostic Apostle (Complete Champion). Join the order and take the prestige class.

Specifically Archivist/Malconvoker/Paragnostic Apostle would be a really powerful scholar.

Bakkan
2011-12-07, 12:45 AM
Well, the ultimate build (that I've seen) along thse lines is the Omnicaster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3945177). Now this build ignores the rule against prestiging both sides of gestalt at the same time and the recommendation that dual-progression prestige classes be disallowed, but you might get some ideas from that. In particular, combining Ur-Priest with StP Erudite via some kind of psionic/divine theurge class (has to exist somewhere) would get you a lot of what you want.