PDA

View Full Version : Alien Queen A Demi-Goddess?

ArlEammon
2011-12-06, 12:27 PM
I was thinking it might be entertaining to make some fluff and maybe even a stat bloc for an "Alien Queen", from the movies, Alien, and Alien v.s Predator as a powerful monster that eventually became a Demi-Goddess. I was thinking that that she eventually gained a divine rank of at least 3 (I"m leaning towards 6). Some origin ideas I had for her was that she was created by an evil wizard, or maybe an artificer. Obviously the wizard bit the dust soon after making his new pet. Because her creator gave her an unusualy high intelligence for a xenomorph, all of her offspring were intelligent enough to actually worship her. The only problem is that a Demi-God/Goddess only has up to thousands of worshipers (And lesser deities tens of thousands). But I suppose that it would be weird if an Alien Queen goddess suddenly appeared in Faerun. I mean, not every campaign world has deities that need worshipers to have power and live.

Races other than Xenomorphs would worship the Alien Queen for not only power, but also for protection against the vast horde of bug like monsters. So, here's a small introduction for the Alien Queen. Also, even commoners might worship her for pregnancy issues. (An fertility)

Name: Alien Queen (Perhaps named)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Symbol: An Egg
Portfolio: Xenomorphs, Pregnancy(?)
Domains: Acid, Birth, Hunt, Survival

It might also be fun to establish Alien Queen's relationship with her neighbors of various Dungeons and Dragons Pantheons.

DoctorGlock
2011-12-06, 04:02 PM
While I admit to only having seen bits of AvP out of the whole franchise, I have to ask- did the queen have the ability to alter reality at will, see the future, traverse the planes and bend time and space? If not, no DvR, let alone DvR 6. From what I saw the aliens were just combat monsters and got stats in the BoVD.

marcielle
2011-12-06, 05:19 PM
I think OP means the Queen, put intoa setting where worship=godhood, would be able to attain a divine rank by sheer number of offspring. OP also wants other races to worship her. This might be achieved by the facehugger spawn being able to take on characteristics of those they err... facehug? Anyway, Some barbarous races might see this as some manner of rebirth and even willingly undergo the ritual to 'be reborn' stronger. Or maybe the queen, after gaining the worhip of a thousand or so offspring notices the empowerment and starts a plan to assimilate outlying towns and minor monstrous settlements through intimidation and such.

Also, as far as I understand, the xenomorphs are not actually evil, humans just thouhgt that because we happen to be on their prey list. They are simply voracious and True or Chaotic Neutral might suit them better. Many predators in DnD will automaticaly attack sentients with intent to devour but they are neutral too.

aazru
2011-12-06, 06:04 PM
I wonder if Trolls can survive the chest bursting part.

Anyway, take a look at Essence Reaver from Secrets of Sarlona.