PDA

View Full Version : User made Achievements.

Freelancer Jack
2011-12-06, 01:36 PM
Let's make up Achievements for games that we own and then try to get them. These have to be actually possible through normal vanilla game play (so people who own the game on consoles can do them too). Some examples would be:

(Skyrim) Were-star:
In werewolf form, Race from Markarth to the college in Winterhold, Without transforming back into human form and in 48 hours.

(Minecraft) Snowman tower defense.
Find a town and set up a effective defense system using snow men and watch towers. (If the Snowmen get killed by any mob's it is not Effective, they must stay alive for a full night.)

(Battlefield 3 [Multiplayer]) That just happened.
In a helicopter, bail out as a jet passes under you, land on top of it, and stay on for at least 3 seconds.

(Battlefield 3 [Multiplayer]) THAT JUST FREAKING HAPPENED!!!
In a helicopter, bail out as a jet passes under you, land on top of it, and kill the pilot flying the jet.

(Skyrim) The manliest man in all of Tamriel.
Kill a dragon using only your fist's. no magic, no arrows, no enchanted armor, no help from NPC's. Just you, a dragon, and your fists.
(healing and stamina items are allowed.)

Eakin
2011-12-06, 02:55 PM
We're watching you (any adventure/puzzle game)
Complete the game without consulting a walk through on the Internet.

U MAD? (IWBTG, Super Meat Boy, any other maso-core platformer)
Break a keyboard/controller in a fit of rage

Save More Often (RPG)
Lose three or more hours of game progress, including at least one boss kill, due to a single game over

Talesin
2011-12-07, 10:25 AM
Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre (F1 2011 or older)
Crash every other car out of the race except your own so you go on to win

Who needs friends? (Baldur's Gate 1/2)
Finish the game solo, ie only yourself in the party

Iron Heart Surge (Hearts of Iron)
Become the most powerful country in the world while not playing as one of the major powers

Patriotism to the extreme (Football Manager X)
Win the league of a country using only players of that nationality. Bonus points if they all come through your academy

Worguron
2011-12-07, 12:38 PM

This one right here for The Binding of Isaac. *Grrrrrr. Damn you Satan.*

Defeat the Global Taunt - Win a pvp game of League of Legends as Teemo with 0 deaths.

arguskos
2011-12-07, 02:00 PM

Save More Often (RPG)
Lose three or more hours of game progress, including at least one boss kill, due to a single game over
Done all of the above. Who Needs Friends? has been done like 8-9 times. We're Watching You was done on Portal 1 and 2, and Grim Fandango when I was a kid (and probably other times that I don't remember). U MAD? was on IWBTG (seriously, screw that game; I did beat it though). Save More Often was on a bunch of stuff.

U MAD? is the worst achievement ever. Ugh, I hate IWBTG.

Starwulf
2011-12-07, 04:31 PM

Save More Often (RPG)

The "We're Watching you" one has been done hundreds if not thousands of times, considering there weren't really any strategy guides available on the internet when I was a kid, and I didn't have the money to buy any of the big guides for games I Played. I still rarely use guides on first playthrough of games now-a-days, only consulting them after I've completed a game and am trying to get all the hidden/secret things in a game.

I've also done the U MAD and Save more Often on several occasions, most noticeably on Street Fighter 2 and the final fight against Bison for the U MAD, and any RPG I've ever played for the Save More Often. Even now that I'm older, I still occasionally forget to save and lose a good chunk of progress on a game.

Cespenar
2011-12-07, 05:01 PM
Vow of Silence (IWBTG)
Finish the game on the hardest difficulty, and without making any angry noises whatsoever, be it shouting or simply grumbling to yourself.

Vow of Silence, Saint Mode (IWBTG)
Same deal, but you'll have a friend (or three) alongside you throughout the game, who are of course not affected by the Vow of Silence and can talk as they like.

Vow of Nonviolence (IWBTG)
You cannot harm any object or person(s) during your playthrough.

Vow of Purity (IWBTG)
Finish the game unspoiled.

Here Are Your Wings (IWBTG)
Get all Vow achievements in the same playthrough.

arguskos
2011-12-07, 05:34 PM
Here Are Your Wings (IWBTG)
Get all Vow achievements in the same playthrough.
If someone does this, I will require video proof, because I do not believe this is physically possible. IWBTG makes the worst come out in anyone.

Talesin
2011-12-08, 05:59 AM
Defeat the Global Taunt - Win a pvp game of League of Legends as Teemo with 0 deaths.

I've done that one before. But only because we've had a 20 minute surrender after I pwned a 2v1 top lane 8/0/4.

Luckily they were bad players, one guy being level 1 while I was 27

psilontech
2011-12-08, 07:07 AM
Oldschool Gamer (Any game with achievements)
Complete any game while not intentionally unlocking achievements (Useless achievements such as completing the tutorial level, progressing the game or beating the game do not count).
"Back in my day, we didn't have your ***** ass achievement bull****!"

The Succubus
2011-12-08, 07:25 AM
Bloody-minded Determination:

After failing on the final stage of the final mission of Desert Strike, go back and complete the game.

Eldan
2011-12-08, 08:22 AM

I feel soo much shame! Why, Exile, why?! I finished Riven, why not you?

Anyway.

The one you least Suspect (Europa Universalis) Dissolve the Holy Roman Empire, then conquer India, China, Australia and South-east Asia . And Hawaii, for good measure. While playing as Switzerland.

Crush God (Europa Universalis): Conquer the world as the Maledives, then have the game crash, deleting all save files.

Cespenar
2011-12-08, 08:47 AM
Complete any game while not intentionally unlocking achievements (Useless achievements such as completing the tutorial level, progressing the game or beating the game do not count).

Did this so many times, and will continue to do still.

Freelancer Jack
2011-12-08, 09:04 AM
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!? (Any online MMO RPG that has PVP)
Achieve the high level possible, get all the best items possible, then camp I choke point on the map and kill any who attempt to pass through it. Do this for 3 days strait.

ObadiahtheSlim
2011-12-08, 09:05 AM
Team Fortress 2 achievements:

No it's cool, I'll switch.
Switch to demo or soldier when your team are 3/4 support classes (spy, sniper, offense engie).

THAT JUST HAPPENED!
Kill a demoman/soldier and the medic healing him with a single reflected rocket/grenade

Engineer is Credit to Team!
Be MVP as an engineer while your team is on offense.

Premature medication
Activate your uber during setup.

Cool guys don't look at explosions.
Kill 2 enemies with one sticky detonation while your back is to them.

Worguron
2011-12-08, 10:34 AM
I've done that one before. But only because we've had a 20 minute surrender after I pwned a 2v1 top lane 8/0/4.

Luckily they were bad players, one guy being level 1 while I was 27

I actually came extremely close to it yesterday, but my blind wore off on their Trynd 1 hit too soon... Then he stepped on a mushroom as he retreated and died anyway. His stream of explitives in the All chat during his death timer was delicious.

Freelancer Jack
2011-12-08, 04:13 PM
"I forgot to mention one little thing..." (Warhammer 40k: any table top or RP game)
Colonize a world that is rich in mineral resources, then lightly garrison a regiment of troops there and allow you enemy to take it. After they do, kindly inform them that there's a Necron tome directly under the colony they just took. Laugh.

Starwulf
2011-12-08, 04:23 PM
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!? (Any online MMO RPG that has PVP)
Achieve the high level possible, get all the best items possible, then camp I choke point on the map and kill any who attempt to pass through it. Do this for 3 days strait.

That...actually sounds remarkably *******-ish to me. I hate when people deliberately do crap like that, it's why I don't play MMOs with PVP that isn't separated from the normal going-ons of the game.

Brother Oni
2011-12-08, 04:28 PM
That...actually sounds remarkably *******-ish to me. I hate when people deliberately do crap like that, it's why I don't play MMOs with PVP that isn't separated from the normal going-ons of the game.

I hate to say it, but that's Standard Operating Procedure on Eve Online for pirates and alliances trying to defend their turf.

super dark33
2011-12-08, 04:35 PM
U jelly? (anything with items and drop-pickup options)

Accuire every single item possible, drop them in a pile and stand on the pile.

Istari
2011-12-08, 04:42 PM
Where Did Everyone Go (Civ 5) - Win a game without ever encountering another player

I almost did this in a real game, played on an Earth map and started in North America, won with a cultural victory only seeing two ships from other civs.

Camping (TF2) - Kill an enemy inside their spawn point.

GungHo
2011-12-08, 04:55 PM
Missed The Point (MMO):
Achieved maximum level in game without accepting or creating any groups.

Mr. Roboto (MMO):
Over one month: did not type a single word in /say, /party, or /general; did not emote to another character. Especially if they were trying to speak/emote to you.

Thufir
2011-12-08, 05:18 PM

Do you mean "while intentionally not unlocking achievements"?
Because that way, it would mean specifically avoiding getting achievements, whereas as you phrased it, it's still OK to get achievements by accident.

Squark
2011-12-08, 05:25 PM

A second Achievement;

Do the Impossible: Complete the game solo, On Insanity, while using no non-plot item besides a quarterstaff, without dieing once

(I'm almost positive this one has in fact been done.)

Also

An Old Friend(Star Wars: The Old Republic);
Find the hidden Orange Pixel of Doom, then stare at it for at least 5 seconds*

*It would, of course, require them to put the OPOD back in somewhere. But It would be interesting to go on a pixel hunt in a game that massive.

Mx.Silver
2011-12-09, 05:05 AM
"I forgot to mention one little thing..." (Warhammer 40k: any table top or RP game)
Colonize a world that is rich in mineral resources, then lightly garrison a regiment of troops there and allow you enemy to take it. After they do, kindly inform them that there's a Necron tome directly under the colony they just took. Laugh.

Now I'll admit it's been a while since I was last involved in GW games, but I don't think many 40k games incorporate planetary colonisation and resource gathering. This is ignoring the problems of trying to work videogame style Achievements in settings outside of videogames.

The Succubus
2011-12-09, 05:05 AM
An Old Friend(Star Wars: The Old Republic);
Find the hidden Orange Pixel of Doom, then stare at it for at least 5 seconds*

*It would, of course, require them to put the OPOD back in somewhere. But It would be interesting to go on a pixel hunt in a game that massive.

Man, when I got that achievement, I was panicking so hard because I thought my laptop's screen was on the fritz. :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2011-12-09, 06:35 AM
Do you mean "while intentionally not unlocking achievements"?
Because that way, it would mean specifically avoiding getting achievements, whereas as you phrased it, it's still OK to get achievements by accident.

No, that's a different achievement: Don't tell me how to play this!

GungHo
2011-12-09, 09:39 AM
It's the hidden, sixth companion for all characters.
And it's a romance option.

Man, when I got that achievement, I was panicking so hard because I thought my laptop's screen was on the fritz. :smallbiggrin:
I thought my video card was giving up the ghost. On a beta weekend, after I'd already committed all my holiday money for gifts (personal and otherwise). I gave the big "NO" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigNo).

arguskos
2011-12-09, 11:27 AM
A second Achievement;

Do the Impossible: Complete the game solo, On Insanity, while using no non-plot item besides a quarterstaff, without dieing once

(I'm almost positive this one has in fact been done.)
It has. I've done it, years ago, wish I had proof to give you. Took me a LOOOOOT of tries (100+ and a month or two) and I ended up rolling a cleric/mage to make it happen. I did have to use gold to buy lots of spells (not scrolls, though I did use scrolls I picked up for my spellbook).

Doing this with a non-caster is nigh-impossible, and with a caster is pretty damn hard. Luckily, you can dodge a lot of quests and content, since you simply don't need the loot or XP.

Irenicus was a NIGHTMARE.

Cespenar
2011-12-09, 11:43 AM
I did have to use gold to buy lots of spells (not scrolls, though I did use scrolls I picked up for my spellbook).

I didn't quite understand this part. Is it something to do with the spell-learning-XP-exploit?

Squark
2011-12-09, 01:19 PM
It has. I've done it, years ago, wish I had proof to give you. Took me a LOOOOOT of tries (100+ and a month or two) and I ended up rolling a cleric/mage to make it happen. I did have to use gold to buy lots of spells (not scrolls, though I did use scrolls I picked up for my spellbook).

Doing this with a non-caster is nigh-impossible, and with a caster is pretty damn hard. Luckily, you can dodge a lot of quests and content, since you simply don't need the loot or XP.

Irenicus was a NIGHTMARE.

Technically, the traditional Solo-Insane Poverty challenge forbids you from doing anything with scrolls, limiting you solely to the sorcerer, and all gold you get is supposed to be immediately donated to a temple (except for the 15000 you need to raise in Chapter 2)

Geno9999
2011-12-09, 01:47 PM
(TF2) Walk it off- Hit a cloaked spy with the Sandman's baseball. (This happened to me while I was playing as spy. why this isn't an achievement before, I don't know.)

(Super Mario Bros. series) Should've thought that through.- Die from falling into a pit while trying to grab a Star.

arguskos
2011-12-09, 01:48 PM
I didn't quite understand this part. Is it something to do with the spell-learning-XP-exploit?
Healing at temples. :smalltongue:

@Squark: I have done a run like that (didn't use a quarterstaff, even), but it was a long time ago, so I can't guarantee no gold used. I used a monk and do recall that it took hundreds of reloads and tries to finish it. Note: the monk run was BG2 only. The cleric/wizard was BGT.

Also, that's pretty picky. At the time, I'd only heard of the general idea and ran with "do not touch items, use gold at temples only". Given that I DID it at all, I feel ok about it. :smalltongue:

Squark
2011-12-09, 05:01 PM
Healing at temples. :smalltongue:

@Squark: I have done a run like that (didn't use a quarterstaff, even), but it was a long time ago, so I can't guarantee no gold used. I used a monk and do recall that it took hundreds of reloads and tries to finish it. Note: the monk run was BG2 only. The cleric/wizard was BGT.

Also, that's pretty picky. At the time, I'd only heard of the general idea and ran with "do not touch items, use gold at temples only". Given that I DID it at all, I feel ok about it. :smalltongue:

I wasn't being critical (I don't have the right to be, considering my skills); I've just always been confused when people talk about Solo Insane Poverty and spending money, when the first and only place I've encountered the full rules forbid spending money on stuff. Also, how did you beat magic golems with a Monk (since your fists are counted as magic weapons). Or was this Pre-ToB?

Talesin
2011-12-12, 05:12 AM
I wasn't being critical (I don't have the right to be, considering my skills); I've just always been confused when people talk about Solo Insane Poverty and spending money, when the first and only place I've encountered the full rules forbid spending money on stuff. Also, how did you beat magic golems with a Monk (since your fists are counted as magic weapons). Or was this Pre-ToB?

I think there's actually a fix for that in some of the modded content somewhere (though don't quote me on that). But i'm not sure there's actually a golem that needs to be killed to advance the plot and finish the game though so it would just mean you ignore them when you find them or don't do the quest that involves that golem being killed.

It's been ages since i've played the game unmodded so i'm not sure what's part of vanilla or what's one of the extended quests from god knows where.

Freelancer Jack
2011-12-12, 07:06 AM
Last god standing. (Ninja gaiden black)
Beat the game on master ninja, without dieing.

Drascin
2011-12-12, 09:40 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!: Kill one thousand Cliff Racers (Morrowind)
(Pokémon has a similar achievement, which requires killing at least two hundred Zubats)

Solves everything!: Solve at least twenty challenges through the use of a flamethrower (Scribblenauts)

In your face, Satan!: Flood Hell entirely (Terraria)

NEEEEEEEEEERD!: Do a solo run with Ramza as a Calculator (Final Fantasy Tactics)

A Commissar by any other name...: At the end of a run, have at least as many ally kills as enemy kills (any FPS with friendly fire).

ObadiahtheSlim
2011-12-12, 10:12 AM
First blood is last blood - Skyrim
Kill a dragon in one hit

Bite the hand that feeds you - Skyrim
Kill a quest giver after getting your reward.

Vow of Poverty - Any Elder Scrolls Game
Finish the game only using your starting clothing and no items. (Items required for the main story line excluded).
I actually did this on Oblivion. Stealth and Hand to Hand were the keys to this. Nothing could hardly detect me and I could pummel anything into submission. I suppose Morrowind wouldn't be too bad if you could quickly get Wraithguard and Keening or Sunder. Skyrim seems kinda rough since it lacks a hand to hand skill or way to keep your level artificially low.

EvilJoe15
2011-12-12, 02:49 PM
First blood is last blood - Skyrim
Kill a dragon in one hit.

I've done this. It was when I found a word wall with a dragon perched on top of it. Fortunately it was right next to a cliff, and after a bit of climbing I was able to sneak attack it by jumping off, and landing on it's back. It was awesome.

Freelancer Jack
2011-12-12, 04:01 PM
[APB]
Holy ****, look at the new guy.

Create a new character, join a server, then take down 6 high ranking players on the other team with the guns you get starting out.

ObadiahtheSlim
2011-12-12, 04:13 PM
Who needs Air to Air missiles?
Bail out of your jet and destroy an enemy jet. Then reenter your jet.

Like this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FOaGhE_sejI)

Cespenar
2011-12-12, 04:18 PM
Vow of Poverty - Any Elder Scrolls Game
Finish the game only using your starting clothing and no items. (Items required for the main story line excluded).

Was doing this, but my intention wasn't to finish the game, it was only to do the Temple Pilgrimage quest. It was my umpteenth character though, and I got bored halfway through the quest.