PDA

View Full Version : LF non-precision damage trapfinder

Hackulator
2011-12-06, 01:42 PM
The title pretty much says it all, is there any base class that has trapfinding but is not precision damage based other than the Beguiler?

Yorae
2011-12-06, 01:58 PM
Artificer.

It's called "Disable Trap" instead of "Trapfinding", but it's actually the exact same class ability.

Also, Clerics that take the Kobold domain get Trapfinding as a granted power.

If you're willing to expend a feat, you can take Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) to grant yourself the granted power of a single domain, pick Kobold, and get Trapfinding.

Greenish
2011-12-06, 01:59 PM
Kobold clerics.

Circle of Life
2011-12-06, 02:00 PM
There's a ranger ACF that trades Track for Trapfinding I believe. Dungeonscape if memory serves.

Yorae
2011-12-06, 02:03 PM
There's a ranger ACF that trades Track for Trapfinding I believe. Dungeonscape if memory serves.

Yep.

Trap Expert (DS, p 12): Lose tracking. Gain trap finding, and disable device as a class skill.

CTrees
2011-12-06, 02:36 PM
Alternatively... there's the summon elemental reserve feat. Unlimited small earth elementals which are plenty heavy, have earth glide, and do a fantastic job of disabling traps (by setting them off). :smallbiggrin:

My old wizard always had a wand of summon monster 1 for exactly this reason. Even one round of a pony is long enough for it to set off traps safely, or wake up hidden monsters. I blew up so many ponies in that campaign...

Amphetryon
2011-12-06, 03:19 PM
Barbarian can trade Trap Sense for Trapfinding via Survival with a Dungeonscape ACF.

Ravens_cry
2011-12-06, 03:30 PM
Barbarians do indeed make excellent trap finders.
They have a d12 plus Constitution modifier per level pool from which they take away an appropriate amount for each trap they find.
Rest and various spells can restore some of this pool.

Amphetryon
2011-12-06, 03:35 PM
Incarnates can bind Theft Gloves to the Hand chakra to gain Trapfinding, as well.

Psyren
2011-12-06, 03:42 PM
Savant maybe? (I mean, they get sneak attack, but it's so ridiculously weak that they may as well not have it.)

Factotum, if you ignore Cunning Strike and spend your Inspiration elsewhere.

chadmeister
2011-12-06, 03:55 PM
My old wizard always had a wand of summon monster 1 for exactly this reason. Even one round of a pony is long enough for it to set off traps safely, or wake up hidden monsters. I blew up so many ponies in that campaign...

Cue traps with triggers at one end of the hallway, that cause rocks to fall on the other end of the hallway.

ericgrau
2011-12-06, 07:42 PM
Dip 1 level of rogue then take remaining levels in almost anything you want. Even if they don't have search and disable device as class skills it only means that you pay double for ranks, that's all.

Bloodgruve
2011-12-06, 08:11 PM
Beguiler is very fun...

Blood~

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-12-06, 08:55 PM
Factotum, if you ignore Cunning Strike and spend your Inspiration elsewhere.Doesn't everybody?

Rixx
2011-12-06, 09:16 PM
There's also the Feat Rogue from Unearthed Arcana, of course.