View Full Version : So I'm running a Scion: Hero game over break set in the Wild West

Hyooz
2011-12-06, 07:03 PM
Basically dipping into Americana as much as possible for maximum awesome and hilarity. President US Grant is actually a scion who, through his war hero status and now presidency has amassed enough power that his ascension to godhood could be immanent if action isn't taken. This has the potential to unbalance the already precarious relations between pantheons, so a gentleman's agreement has been reached to act against Grant until something more permanent can be realized.

That's where the party comes in, acting against Grant's efforts to consolidate his 'worshippers' and formalize them as under his domain into new "states."

Major set pieces I've put together so far include:

Working with Johnny Appleseed to counter-act a major effort to dry up the grasslands of the Midwest, ideally preventing the Dust Bowl and major exodus to lands more solidly under Grant's control. May culminate in an epic showdown against Paul Bunyan - Grant's ringer against Appleseed's legendary treant followers.

Hunting down and destroying the machine John Henry beat in the legendary confrontation. After its loss, the digger device dug too greedily and too deep, and has become infested with Titan-y influences, growing as it added animals and minerals alike to its construction and digging deeper and deeper, in an effort to eventually free the immortal Typhon, who Zeus buried in the mythical confrontation ages ago.

Retrieving the Golden Spike, a relic created from the Golden Fleece itself and reforged to imbue the Transcontinental Railroad with sinister powers before Grant can complete this masterstroke of a project. Giant robotical spider may or may not make an appearance to Will Smith music.

I realize a lot of my dates and such will be wildly off, but whatever, Americana is awesome, and it's worth it to have the gods of old tooling around the Wild West. I'm willing to accept some bizarre anachronisms in favor of awesomeness.

On that note, any ideas for other events/people/items of Americana to work into the game?

Cirrylius
2011-12-09, 10:29 PM
Working with Johnny Appleseed to counter-act a major effort to dry up the grasslands of the Midwest, ideally preventing the Dust Bowl and major exodus to lands more solidly under Grant's control.

Old Man River maybe?

Cieyrin
2011-12-10, 11:16 AM
I love this plotline but I'm not sure what to add to it. Though I suppose pulling a bit of early Shadowrun in via the Native American Reservations giving birth to their own Scions, though that would mean defining a new pantheon that I don't believe the rules really cover, if you can call Native American Spirits a pantheon.