PDA

View Full Version : Immunity from a single spell?

Chaosblade
2011-12-07, 02:38 AM
I think I remember reading about an item or spell that gives direct and total immunity against one specific spell. Can anyone think of it/them?

Calanon
2011-12-07, 02:43 AM
Off the top of my head (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellImmunityGreater.htm)

lunar2
2011-12-07, 02:44 AM
a brooch of shielding blocks magic missiles. that's the only thing i know of.

Skaven
2011-12-07, 02:56 AM
Maybe a http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rings.htm#counterspells was what you were thinking of?

Killer Angel
2011-12-07, 03:17 AM
a brooch of shielding blocks magic missiles. that's the only thing i know of.

Also Shield works against mm.

OP, were you thinking to a specific spell, or a single spell in general? 'coz yeah, Spell Immunity is your best bet, and the ring is the cheapest one.

Chaosblade
2011-12-07, 06:50 AM
It should be good enough. It never says that the spell cast into it can't be from a scroll or wand. Thanks.

Darrin
2011-12-07, 06:50 AM
I think I remember reading about an item or spell that gives direct and total immunity against one specific spell. Can anyone think of it/them?

Spellblade, +6000 GP, Player's Guide to Faerun p. 120. Unlike spell immunity, it works on spells up to 9th level. Only works on targetted spells, though, so it's useless against area effects (dispel magic, disjunction, etc.).

Tenno Seremel
2011-12-07, 08:01 AM
You can't use Spell Immunity vs Dispels either since SR: No.

Chaosblade
2011-12-07, 10:10 AM
I only need to be immune to Dimensional Anchor. I'm (planning on) playing a reworked Blade of Orien, so...

(Although immunity to Dimensional Lock would be nice, but that's a 8th level AoE.)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-12-07, 10:30 AM
Armor spikes + spell blade keyed to Dimensional anchor should do the trick then

Chaosblade
2011-12-07, 10:34 AM
Hmmm... that's a good point. (No pun intended.) Especially considering my armor will have Called on it eventually.

Keld Denar
2011-12-07, 03:19 PM
Alternatively, Dim Anchor requires a ranged touch attack and a Will save. Having a high touch AC, a miss chance, and a decently high Will save gives you a great chance to avoid the spell. There are lots of guides out there for aquiring each, and they have the added benefit of keeping you safe from other attacks, too.

Unless your foe uses Heighten Spell, the DC Will save you are looking for is 14 + stat. Assuming elite array on an NPC at 12th level, the most you'd probably have to worry about is a 22. Getting a +20 will save isn't easy, but its not that hard, depending on your build.

Glimbur
2011-12-07, 03:33 PM
Dimensional Anchor
Abjuration
Level: Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Ray
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (object)

No save allowed. High touch AC and miss chance will still help.

Alternately, Iron Heart Surge. It fixes everything.

Chaosblade
2011-12-07, 08:07 PM
No no no no no. See, Blade of Orien uses teleportation for everything.

EVERYTHING.

Reliance simply on AC just isn't good enough when one (two) spell(s) reverts your character to nothing more than a guy with a masterwork whip.

Especially when the answer to said problem is only 6000gp. I can have this issue fixed before any enemy spellcasters should even be allowed to cast it.

However, as part of flavor, he'll have a high AC anyway. Evasion tanking, FTW.