PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder High Seas Adventure! INC

Croverus
2011-12-07, 05:19 AM
The down of Rahz Gulat. It is well known that the Empire's Fleet does not hold any sway over this large port town, leaving it to be ruled by a coalition of merchants, mercenaries, privateers and thieves. The town guard let a lot of things slide through bribes and threats. Its a haven for all sorts of outlaws, but its also a center of legitamete trade. The markets are filled with traders from across the Northern Isles, and even from the mainland nations.

You lot are on 3 days fo shore leave, members of the crew on the the Whispering Storm, under Captain Jax Halriech. He's known for being tolerant of all times and keeps an eye out for those under his leadership. He either hired you just a week ago in the port town of Jarilbastion, or you've been wit him for months, maybe longer. He's stopped in Rahz Gulat to resupply and find some good work for his ship and his men. Meanwhile he leaves all of you to get into whatever trouble you can manage in the city. As long as you're back on ship in three days and you don't have an angry mob chasing you, he doesn't really car what you get up to.

Golden Ladybug
2011-12-07, 07:22 AM
Barely a week since Halreich hired me, and already I'm questioning whether it was a good idea to sign on...There was the Elf, for one thing.

Oh well, even having to put up with an Elf wasn't as bad as serving under Captain Lanifell. The man had been petrified of fish; how he'd come to possess his own ship was a complete mystery.

Still, I thought, as I leant against a wooden post at the docks, watching crates of goods be unloaded, stacked and replaced with new goods. The constant stream of dockhands and sailors, as well as the occasional cutpurse (I kept a hand on my sword threateningly whenever any started eyeing me, and they backed off pretty fast; easier, less observant targets than I filled the docks).

I thought more about the crew of Halreich's ship; there was, of course, the Elf, who infuriated me. He'd taken my dislike of him, and my attempts to prove that I was better than him, as a challenge. He thought of it as a rivalry!

There was also the Giant, or the Half-Giant, I supposed. He had been sombre and quiet for the most part, but it was hard not to notice him onboard the ship. He stood out a bit.

Of course, there was also Balflear "the Sodden", and the old man had more than enough personality to keep the whole ship lively. He'd shown me up when it came to card tricks, and I was pretty good with cards, if I do say so myself. I'd repaid the favour when we'd played Dice though, and won most of my coin back from the crafty old man.

Besides the captain, the only one else on the ship who'd really caught my attention was the only other Half-Elf on the vessel...and I wasn't sure what to think of him; I was wary of him, and didn't feel safe if I was in arms reach of him. He just felt dangerous.

Still, now wasn't the time for daydreaming. Being put aside in a port town wasn't always something I enjoyed (a lot of the time I preferred to stay on the Ship, if not in the waters of the Port itself), but today at least I felt like stretching my legs. Getting to my feet, stretching out my arms and yawning loudly as I did so, I prepared to head off into the port town.

I hope no one minds at how I've portrayed the past interactions between Tamarra and the other PCs. The conjecture I felt wasn't problematic, and I based everything Tammy mused on from what I read of your characters personalities. Its purely flavor text, to introduce you all to Tammy and how she thinks of the rest of the crew, so if there is anything you'd like me to change I will right away :smallsmile:

In any case, if anyone has any ideas of how to cause trouble and get into mischief in town, or wants to steer the "quests" we go on while we're here, shout out and Tammy will go along with it, probably.

Drothmal
2011-12-07, 03:00 PM
Despite being given shore leave, Ril'Aielis remains close to the Whispering Storm. His tall frame enshrouded in his white cloak, the Eidolon keeps the hood over the mark that signals him as a being from beyond this plane

In the months since he had joined Captain Lanifell's crew, the outsider had learned that the locals usually reacted poorly to his true form (probably due to their dislike of being reminded of their own mortality). Ril knew he could explore the town if he were to revert to his vessel form, but he did not want to needlessly put the Child in danger...

Four hundred and seventy two more until you can be free the synthesist says to his dormant vessel, remembering the pact offered to him for redemption. He never got a response from the Child, but he could feel the half-elf's mind relaxing at the reassurance.

The beyonder's thoughs go to the other members of the crew. He was still unsure of how these "bonds" and "relationships" worked, but his limited understanding of the mortal psyche made him believed that he was "friends" with the tall elf. The ex-Reaper had always found Elves among the most cooperative of mortal races when he was performing his previous duties: Unlike humans, it was rare to see an Elf plead or bargain with the messenger. They understood the Cycle and were at peace when Ril had come for them.

Though he still did not understand why Tahltharazair had conversations with himself so often, the Eidolon just assumed that it was some sort of mortal custom that he was unfamiliar with. Nonetheless, the beyonder recognized the magus' battle prowess, hence remaining close to him when he was forced to dismiss his True Form

Then there was the sorceress. Many times Ril had entertained the idea of approaching her and ask her for advice in trying to reawaken his vessel. The Eidolon only knew that the Child had been mistreated for being a half-blood, and maybe Tamarra, being a half-elf herself, could shed some insight on how to heal the wounds of racial hatred...

But Ril'Aielis could sense some apprehension in the young (by the beyonder's standards) sorceress. Though it showed good instincts on her part, her distance had left the Eidolon (and his limited social arsenal) unsure on how to proceed. With eons of practice, Ril'Ailelis just patiently waited for a change, the stamp of the mortal world, to happen

If anyone wants Ril to go to town with them, he will go in his summoned form unless he is with Tall, in which case he might agree to go in his Child form if it is completely necessary to avoid trouble

tsumechk
2011-12-08, 06:52 AM
Inhaling deeply upon his return to shore, Tahltharazair stretched his legs as he readjusted to the land's lack of rocking. It felt good to be back on dry land. The sea may be enjoyable, but there were some things you just couldn't find amongst the waves.

Not quite a veteran by his elvish standards of age, Tall had been serving as part of the crew of the Whispering Storm for a few years. He still remembered the first time he set foot on the ship, although it was a while before he joined the crew full time. It was a part of his first voyage out to sea. As luck would have it he was knocked overboard during a storm and washed up on the shore of a desert. Needless to say the crew was surprised to see him return alive a few years later, more nimble, smarter, and a much better swimmer than before.

He found the current set up of the crew odd to say the least, including himself. Tall didn't quite get why the new half-elven girl who joined up was so moody when around him. Sure, he had a tendency to be brief when speaking to her, but that was more to avoid letting his mind wander to the thought of humans and elves breeding. Her attitude didn't really get to him though, and he saw her attempts to better him as being little more than a kid trying to prove herself. He was more excited at the aspect of a sorcerer joining the crew, although he was admittedly less so when she showed signs of drawing her ancestry from aquatic creatures - namely her fondness for water. It would still give him an opportunity to see how people could cast spells without the need to study arcane lore every day to do so.

Another member of the crew, at least in Tall's eyes, was the black bladed scimitar he carried. Aside from the off-putting pitch blade steel used to make it the most notable facet of it was that it spoke directly to him. Tall had no idea where it came from; he had just awakened one day to find his old weapon missing and replaced with this strange item. While its morality lined up well with his own there were times when it would attempt to impose its will on him.

Somewhat strange was the second half-elf. Any other person would be more off-put by the presence of a person channeling the spirit of an outsider constantly, but then again Tall carried around a power-hungry scimitar that spoke to him so he really didn't feel he was one to judge. There were other similarities, and he never passed up on a chance to see a user of arcane magics in action when presented with the opportunity.

There were so many things he wanted to do now that he reached the shore and only three days to do them. Study, get a good meal, take a bath, find a place to practice his sword work, get drunk, recover from the hangover, do some leisure reading, catch up on some sleep, find some fellow followers of Calistria for a good time, and whatever else piques his interest while pursuing those activities.

Feeling a tugging in his brain Tall pressed his hand to his forehead. "I know, I know, I'll get right on it," he muttered to himself as he regained composure. Gathering his notes, which basically amounted to nonsensical scribblings of arcane theorems that randomly shifted from one language to another he prepared to head into town. Upon getting a chance to observe Tamarra in action he had started developing his own theories as to how to replicate her method of manipulating magic. The prospect of increased power excited the black blade he carried at his side and it was eager for Tall to get to work. The sooner the better it thought. "Hmm...maybe I should start with figuring out how to recast spells I've already used for the day. They would still be pretty fresh in my memory, so it might be easier..." Trailing off into his own mental world as he often did Tall began walking in search of a library to work in. "Better make sure the theories are concrete before I try it though, don't want to accidentally blow up the building or something."

By the way, here's the spells he has prepared today:
Level 0
Ghost Sound
Read Magic
Arcane Mark
Prestidigitation

Level 1
True Strike
Vanish
Shocking Grasp x2

Golden Ladybug
2011-12-11, 01:10 AM
Digging yourself into a roleplaying hole is fun. Its great to say that your character has an antagonistic relationship with another PC, and is uncomfortable around another...

but if they are the only other two who've noticed the game has started, well...I guess I'll go and get something to eat :smallwink:

Anyway, I've sent messages around, so hopefully we'll be joined by the other two soon enough.

I ignored the dark form of the other Half-Elf, lurking in the shadows of the ship, and started my way into the Port with a shiver. I hadn't asked the rest of the crew if they shared my apprehension of the Half-Elf, but then I hadn't asked much of the crew anyway.

Weaving through the crowds, I headed first for the markets that the Port was sure to have; I was hungry, and was happy to spend some coin on tasty food. Eating ship rations kept you alive, but no one could claim they tasted good.

Once I arrived at the markets, I started to search for something to sink my teeth into; cooked fish, a pie, perhaps some soup...

Daftendirekt
2011-12-11, 01:28 AM
Balflear breathes in deeply through his long grey mustaches and beard, savoring the salty sea air; he was always at home if that scent was in his nostrils. He stood on the rocking deck of the Whispering Storm, the boat he'd served on for years; he was the senior member of the crew apart from the captain, bosun, and first mate.

He peered out over the water at the port town of Rahz Gulat; he had little desire to go ashore with the younger members of the crew. He'd been to every rat-hole and dive in the town a dozen times over, and they were far too loud for him. He'd occasionally take a drink with Cap'n Jax, or maybe that peculiar large fellow Agymah. The elves were too flighty for his taste, though, so he generally paid them little heed, instead tending to the running of the ship.

All these thoughts ran through the aged sailor's head as he coiled rope to store it near the mainmast. As he set down the coiled rope, he rubbed his worn, callused hand over the hilt of his rapier. A fine piece it was, won off of his old captain when the man admitted that their mutiny was well-justified considering the fool's actions for the weeks previous. That was a long time ago, now, though, and the crew had long since split and went their separate ways.

Despite such a long passage of time, Balflear never had made it back to the Black Marsh where he'd been born. Things just seemed to keep happening...

Croverus
2011-12-11, 03:26 PM
Spotting Balflear still on the ship, Capn Jax came up to the seasoned sailor and clapped a hand on his shoulder. The Captain had a grim look as he usual does, but only for a moment as it turned into a sly grin. "Balf, my friend, why haven't ye gone ashore with the others? I'm sure there be a few new wenches here for ye, and I here the dwarves set up a new brewery, making their famous ales here now in the Barrows district. Also, I have a task for ye while ashore. There be a merchant named Slick Jonny. Shady fella but he comes through on his past deals. I need ya to bring this parcel to him. He'll have an item I be needing on our next voyage. Don't open the parcel or the container he hands ye. I'd trust Doorgu to do this but the first mate has requsted he overview the unloading. Take one of the fresher crew members with ye just in case." He hands a wrapped parcel, and the last time you remember interacting with Jonny was in one of the pubs in a game of Hangman's Deck. He'd been caught cheating but somehow got out before anyone coudl grab a hold of him. Cost you a bit of trouble that time. More so than other gnomes you've met.

Tamarra would find herself in the market, which was filled with stalls as traders shouted out their wares. This is the section where most of the foreign merchants sold their stock. Tamarra would see dwarven merchants selling ales, weapons, armor, and mining rights, elves selling exotic fruits and magical creatures and the crafts native to their respective homelands, a few orcs and goblinoids hiring themselves out as mercenaries, bodyguards, enforcers, and many other folk. The elves were the most varied, as there appeared to be the desert elves from the far away Arkanaon Wasts, accompanied by a well dressed Lizardfolk, and a few Aquatic elves and the Undine servants set up by the fountain selling strange looking gear. As for food the variety was immense, but the best smelling was something comign from a Halfling's stall. They had set up a small stone oven and were baking sweet breads and charring fish.

Meanwhile, Tahl manages to find his way through the colorful market and past Merchant's Row, finding the Arcane district and three large buildings, labeled: Knowledge Emporium, Arcana Secrets, and Outsider's Interests. Any one of themcould have what Tahl was looking for.

Bal is given an important parcel by the Capn. You can tell he's not asking you to deliver it, he's just nice enough not to make it an outright order.

Tahl please give me an easy Perception check.

Golden Ladybug
2011-12-11, 06:13 PM
I was boggled by the sheer variety at the Market stalls. I'd never been to Rahz Gulat before, and I hadn't thought much of it while onboard the ship. It really was astounding to see... well, everything! The Dwarven Steel shone in the sun and the negotiations between them and their buyers resounded throughout the market place. Looking over the group's of Elves, I felt my mouth tighten; I'd prefer them not to be here, although I'm sure the other market goers were enjoying their presence, as they were trading some interesting items.

Smells filled my nose, from all the food that was being peddled throughout the market place. I'd certainly came to the right place.

One smell caught my attention more than the others; freshly caught fish being cooked. Seeking it out was no trouble, and I was in front of a small, inconspicious market stall in no time. A Halfling manned the stall, tending to a stone oven.

I crouched down slightly, to be at eye level with the halfling, and grinned "Hi, how much for the Fish?" I asked, reaching for my coin purse in the same action.

Drothmal
2011-12-11, 09:36 PM
Upon seeing Tall leave the ship, Ril makes the uncharacteristic decision to follow the magus and see what he was up to. The beyonder though that sticking with the elf, who seemed to be comfortable with the Eidolon's True form, would be a good method to learn more about this mortal world

Tahltharazair, wait says the synthesist to the magus as he leaves the ship. Would you mind if I accompany you? It seems that my services are not required in the ship while we are in the port

If the bladebound magus agrees to the summoner's petition, Ril'Ailelis (not lettign go of his fused form) will follow Tall through the town into the magic district.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-12, 12:33 AM
Balflear stands mutely as he listens to Cap'n Jax, and nods when he finishes, taking the parcel and slipping it into his pack. He motions over Will, one of the young seamen, over and tells him to come with.

"Ye can coun' on me, Cap'n Jax," he mutters into his beard, and stomps off towards the gangplank -- not angrily, the man just has a a heavy walk. He glances once over his shoulder to make sure the young sailor is following, and sets off down the quay to delve into the seething mass of people that was the market district. As he walks, he pictures a map in his head, of Rahz Gulat as he knows it. "What's the most likely dive to find that ol' dog in?" he muses to himself, paying no heed to the lad trailing awkwardly and silently after him.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-12, 05:37 PM
Myth-Weavers is back up finally.

[roll0]

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Croverus
2011-12-12, 08:15 PM
Oh damn... Ok, gotta look up my natural 1 tables for skill challenges. You were doing a knowledge check to find someone so... You remember a place he hung out, but he is no longer welcome there and just asking about him will cause trouble. Gonna make Will some actual stats now and we'll see how things turn out.

The halfling smiles up at Tam and points out three different colored fish, all being slow cooked on sticks to make them easy to eat. "The yellow one is Tapperfin, they are sweet tastign a popular snacks, but not as filling as the Red Sapper or the Goobie Fish. Sapper is the healthiest, but a bit bland tasting, and only a little more filling than Tapperfin. Goobie is the most filling and healthier than Tapperfin, but its god a flat taste, and spicy seasoning is added fo flavor. Its 5 coppers for the Tapperfin, 4 copper for the Red Sapper, and 2 Copper for the Goobie. However, if you can find me some Dock Lurkers, I could make you a delicious cake out of its meat. As their name suggests, those shellfish live in the shadows of docked boats, but the cakes I can make from them are better than any of the fish sticks I'm selling."

Balflear remembers a shady dive where Slick Jonny used to gamble and fence stolen goods. Its been months though since you've been there, but its the best chance you got and its not far from the market. Will follows, glancing around nervously. Since leaving his families shop to join the crew of the Whispering Storm he's never really left the ship or traveled further than the docks. But he's a decent enough kid and has proven good with his hands in the past. After a short wlak through some backstreets the two arrive at the Drunk Drake, a hole in the wall pub. Its a seedy place with poor lightning, a constant smell of alcohol and vomit, and crude smoke hanging in the air. Those sitting in the bar are not friendly looking folk, most are thugs and scoundrels. They glance at the two as you enter but most only have a hint of recognition. The bartender is a gruff half orc missing one eye, he seems to spend his time wiping a mug with a dirty cloth, occassionally selling an actual drink.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-12, 10:31 PM
The old human sits down at the bar, sighing contentedly as he takes the weight off of his legs. He slides a hand across the bar, leaving a silver piece behind as he withdraws it, and orders a mug of ale.

Once the barkeep brings it, it he mentions Slick Jonny before taking a long drag of ale, its foam leaving a line on his mustaches before he wipes it off with a hand, which he then wipes off on his overcoat. He glances at Will, motioning the lad to take a seat next to him and to stop giving the other patrons such strange looks.

Golden Ladybug
2011-12-13, 06:17 AM
I grinded "Well, I can't resist an offer like that" I told the halfling, as I stood up straight, "I'll be back soon, with a few of those Dock Lurkers"

In truth, I would probably have gone swimming in the harbor anyway; this just gave me an excuse. The smell of the fish had been intoxicating, and if this Halfling was telling the truth that these Shellfish would taste better than the fish, then it would be well worth going for a quick swim to collect some. How hard could it be?

But...I was hungry, and I should keep my energy up if I wanted to go swimming proper...

"Actually, since that Tapperfin isn't very filling, I'll grab some of that" I told the halfling, after scurrying back and pulling a Silver piece from my coin purse, "That should cover the Tapperfin and the Cakes, since I'm getting the Shellfish for you, right?" With a wink, I snatched up one of the sticks of Tapperfin, and darted off through the crowd. I found myself a quiet spot on the pier, and devoured my fish on a stick. The Halfing had been telling the truth; it was Sweet. A little too sweet for my tastes, but that didn't stop me from wolfing it down.

A few minutes to settle my stomach, and I lowered myself into the calm waters of the port. I'd always felt comfortable in water, but recently...it was hard to explain, but it felt right for me to be in the water all the time. That scared me a little.

Even so, I wasted no time pushing off. Time to find some shellfish...

Being as Tamarra has a Swim Speed of 30ft, she can move pretty well through the water, and can take 10 always to get a result that is 18. When she needs to do something other than just swimming around, she gets a +8 Racial Bonus to Swim.

I've also just realised that I have NO ranks in Perception and have a Wisdom penalty. That bodes badly. At least I have the bonus for being a Half-Elf

Anyway, Perception [roll0]

Croverus
2011-12-13, 11:31 PM
Tam searches for aminute but can't find the elusive shellfish. But surely if she searches long and hard enough she'll find some of them. And the cakes sounded like they would be worth the effort.

Meanwhile, at the Drunk Drake, upon mentioning Slick Jonny's name, the entire bar goes silent. Several men stand from their chairs and place hands on their weapons. The bartender scowls and reaches for something under the bar. The man closest to Balf pulls out a dagger and stabs it into the counter, close to Balf's hand. The man looks to be one of the desert elves, with tanned skin and angular features, and a wicked scar down his left cheek blemishing his otherwise sculpted features. "You know Jonny, eh? Well he owes us a bit of money, but since he don't show himself around here anymore, maybe we can get what he owes us outta you?" Will seems nervous, but his hands move casually to his hips, ready to draw the two blades he carries on him. Jittery and scrawny as he is, Will's a decent hand with those blades.

Tam, taking 10 will not be enough to find the shellfish, you can make another roll of take 20, which will have about half an hour of searching pass, but you'll find several shellfish.

Balf can react however you want: Diplomacy, Intimidation, paying the bribe, or getting in a fight. So you know, there are at least 5 men that seem ready for a fight, most of these guys are either Lv 1 warriors or commoners. The bartender is the only Lv 2 and he's still only a commoner, and liekly won't actually get in the fightunless things start getting damaged. Will is Lv 2 and has mostly average scores (10s and 11s) but he has a high Dex and fights with dualing daggers.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-14, 12:39 AM
"Wouldn't exactly say I KNOW him," Balflear says, scratching at his jawline with one hand while the other rests casually upon the hilt of his rapier. "Casual acquaintance, one might say. Can't see how it fits that I ought pay his debts..."

He looks around the room at the various assembled brigands and spits onto the floor. "If ye really be wantin' a fight, though, it's never been said that Balflear the Sodden turned one down! Just think on what yer doin' before you do it." And with that the old man drains the rest of his ale and slams the tankard down onto the bar hard enough to topple the dagger the elf had stabbed into it.

Croverus
2011-12-14, 02:01 AM
The others at the tables seem much less eager after hearing the old man's threat and quietly sit down and go back to their drinks, cowed. The elf scowls and picks his dagger up, glancing from the old man to the younger lad beside him, then noticing he doens't hve any back up. he grunts and stomps out of the pub. Will lets out a sigh. "For a moment I was worried we'd have to fight. Guess they realized they weren't any much for you, huh?"

the bartender chuckles setting down his glass. "Alright thne, ya old sea dog. What ya wantin to know about Jonny?"

Daftendirekt
2011-12-14, 02:15 AM
"Where can I be findin' him is all? I got myself a package here needs deliverin', ye hear?" Balflear tosses down another silver and nods towards his tankard.

As the barkeep fills it, the old sailor turns to Will and grins through his beard. "So, what do you think of your first time in Rahz Gulat? Quaint and accomodatin', ain't it?"

Croverus
2011-12-14, 02:37 AM
The young lad nods half-heartedly. "I'm from the city of Balerdash, my family were farmers on the outskirts of the city. I joined Captain Jax to make some more money for my folks. This is really the first port I've actually come ashore to. It's a bit intimidating I'll admit but other than being more exotic in taste I hardly notice the lack of Empire's influence." The last bit may have been sarcastic but the young lad said it witha straight enough face. The bartender rubs his chin for a moment then nods. He scratches something down on a sheet of paper, handing it over.

"Thats the last dive I heard he was still welcome at. Hve to pass through the Blackboot Gang's territory, which won't be too easy seeing as how you've already put off Scalig, that knife-eared son of a sea witch you scared off a moment ago. He'll be keeping an eye out for ya."

tsumechk
2011-12-14, 03:24 AM
Hearing the strange half-elf Tall motioned for him to follow. "Sure, why not? Better than the charming company I usually keep.". As he made his way to the Arcane district the elven magus began thinking to himself aloud, something he often and rarely noticed. "Now that I think about it, I don't get to port very often. It'd be a good idea to pick up anything I might want now." Retrieving his spellbook from his backpack, Tahltharazair began quickly thumbing through it. Seeming to decide on something he put it back in its place and resumed walking.

Arriving at his location Tall decided to start with Arcana Secrets for little other reason than alphabetical order. Strolling on in through the main door he waved at the clerk as he approached. "Hey, how's it going? Do you happen to have any books written by sorcerers on the subject of arcane magic? I'd also like to look through any scrolls you might have."

Daftendirekt
2011-12-14, 10:15 AM
Glancing at the address a moment, Balflear shoves it into a pocket and flips one more silver to the barkeep.

"Gangs don' scare me, but thanks very much for the warnin'. We'll just be keepin' our eyes open, won't we Will?" he says with a cackle, giving the lad a friendly sock on the shoulder as he finishes his ale. He motions for Will to follow and heads back out into the busy streets of Rahz Gulat, pausing for a moment to get his bearings.

Knowledge (local): [roll0] to know the address given to me.

Golden Ladybug
2011-12-15, 08:24 AM
After much searching, I finally managed to find a cluster of the Shellfish the Halfling had sent me looking for. It had been the better part of Half and Hour that I'd spent swimming around in the port, and it had been a real hassle trying to locate the illusive shellfish.

I should probably have looked underneath the Pier earlier, but it couldn't be helped.

I was feeling slightly drained just from swimming around like this, and my stomach was growling again in protest. I couldn't wait to get them back to the Halfling so that he could make the cakes he promised.

I paddled my way over to the Shellfish, and drew my knife, attempting to pry them loose.

I suppose I'll make Attack rolls against the Shellfish?

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

I doubt I'd need more than that, but if I do, I'll roll them in the OoC thread.

Drothmal
2011-12-16, 12:36 AM
Inspired by the magus' academic interest, Ril decides to imitate his fellow shipmate and do some research on his own... Maybe he could find a way to free the Child more quickly...

And I'd like to see any texts that you have on summoning and contracts with creatures from other planes the beyonder's tone is neutral while making the request, still unsure about which areas of knowledge are considered taboo for mortals

Croverus
2011-12-20, 03:35 PM
Sorry for delay! RL sucks

The man sitting behind several large tomes glances up at Tall and Ril. "Tomes on sorcery are located in the back rows. Volumes concerning planar beings and deals made with them are located down the left row, third set, situated around the Deva statue. Our scrolls are however accessible only to members. Are you a member?" The man glances at you both with an expression that indicates he doubts you are.

At the docks, the Shellfish don't put up much of a fight. After a few moments of prying them open, you've managed to collect the meat from four Shellfish. It should be plenty for the Cakes.

Bal knows where the address is, and which back alleys to take. When he decides to go, Will pauses for a moment as if in thought, before he follows.

Daftendirekt
2011-12-21, 01:09 AM
Balflear notices the lad's hesitation, and turns to speak to him as they walk the alleys of Rahz Gulat.

"What is it, boy-o? Summat wrong? The sea breeze smell off? Never ignore signs like that; the sea be trying to tell ye somethin'. Speak up, Jonny's not too far off."

Drothmal
2011-12-21, 10:42 PM
The beyonder sights... It was always about money with these mortals. Did they realize that they could not take it with them in their final journey?

We are not. How much would it cost to be a member? We won't be here for long, so if there is some other type of arrangement...

[roll0]