Incarnate Magic of Incarnum
Jester DM#60
Knight Player's Handbook II
Lurk
Mariner Legend of the Twins (pg 13)
Marshal Miniatures Handbook
Master War of the Lance (pg 21)
Monk
Mystic Dragonlance Campaign Setting (pg 47)
Nightstalker Races of Ansalon (pg 153)
Ninja Complete Adventurer
Noble Dragonlance Campaign Setting (pg 50)
Paladin
Psion
Psychic Rogue
Psychic Warrior
Ranger
Rogue
Samurai Oriental Adventures*(3rd),Complete Warrior
Scout Complete Adventurer
Sha'ir DM#315
Shadowcaster Tome of Magic
Shaman Oriental Adventures(3rd)
Shugenja Oriental Adventures*(3rd),Complete Divine
Sohei Oriental Adventures*(3rd),Dragon*#318
Sorcerer
Soulborn Magic of Incarnum
Soulknife
Spellthief Complete Adventurer
Spirit Shaman Complete Divine
Swashbuckler Complete Warrior
Swordsage Tome of Battle
Totemist Magic of Incarnum
Truenamer Tome of Magic
Urban Druid DM#317
Warblade Tome of Battle
Warlock Complete Arcane
Warmage Miniatures Handbook,Complete Arcane
Wilder
Wizard
Wu Jen Oriental Adventures*(3rd),Complete Arcane

Is this it? I'm sure I heard of more from Dragon Magazine, and I know there's some that were only posted online (like Psychic Rogue, which I got), but I can't find a more comprehensive list.

And yes, this is for my Random Character Generator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223175)

Amphetryon
2011-12-07, 07:54 AM
From the Dragon Magazine Compendium:
Battle Dancer
Death Master
Jester
Mountebank
Savant
Sha'ir
Urban DruidThere are also the Paragon classes from UA, and the various variants found there.

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 08:02 AM
From the Dragon Magazine Compendium:
Battle Dancer
Death Master
Jester
Mountebank
Savant
Sha'ir
Urban DruidThere are also the Paragon classes from UA, and the various variants found there.
Thanks! Could you provide DM #'s for those?

Krazzman
2011-12-07, 08:06 AM
Artificer, Eberron Campaign Setting seems to be missing.

Amphetryon
2011-12-07, 08:15 AM
Thanks! Could you provide DM #'s for those?In Compendium order: Pages 26 (DM #159), 29 (DM #76), 36 (DM #60), 42 (DM #65)*, 45 (DM #140), 51 (DM #315), and 57 (DM #317).

*Attribution to one E. Gary Gygax indicated.

Jopustopin
2011-12-07, 08:15 AM
All of the Dragonlance classes

Mariner
Master
Mystic
Nightstalker (Most Hidden and unknown base class printed by Wizards out of them all)
Noble

All of the NPC Classes

Warrior
Expert
Commoner
Adept
Aristocrat
Magewright (ECS)

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 08:19 AM
Magewright
All of the Dragonlance classes
Mariner
Master
Mystic
Nightstalker
Noble
All of the NPC Classes
Warrior
Expert
Commoner
Adept
Aristocrat
Thanks!

Again - can you provide sources for Mariner through Noble? I've never heard of those, but my knowledge and booklore for Dragonlance aren't great.

Zeta Kai
2011-12-07, 08:46 AM
Is this list (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/class) from WotC not sufficient?

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 08:53 AM
Is this list (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/class) from WotC not sufficient?
Given that over half of them are repeats or variants, and that it doesn't include Psychic Rogue or the various DM classes, yeah. It would have been a good resource earlier in this project, especially since it's got those tasty Dragonlance classes, but it's both awkward for me to use, and non-exhaustive.

Jopustopin
2011-12-07, 09:10 AM
Mariner (LotT 13), Noble (DCS 50), Master (WotL 21), Nightstalker (Races of Ansalon 156), Mystic (DCS 47)

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 09:13 AM
Mariner (LotT 13), Noble (DCS 50), Master (WotL 21), Nightstalker (Races of Ansalon 156), Mystic (DCS 47)
Much appreciated, I'll have to hunt those down.

While you're here - what's your take on those classes? Are they any use?

Jopustopin
2011-12-07, 09:21 AM
Mystic is slightly better than favored soul (IMO). Nightstalker is the most interesting class although as someone who hates leadership you end up with three ghost templated followers by 20th level.

Master is like a PC version of Expert and is akin to the Psion in that you select an area to specialize in and you don't get the abilities for areas that you don't. Still you can make non-magical +4 weapons which is cool I suppose. They are not that bad and could be fun to roleplay as.

Noble and Mariner should be NPC classes. They are truly terrible.

Jopustopin
2011-12-07, 09:24 AM
According to this: (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11714.0)

Tier 5: Mariner, Noble
Tier 4: Master, Nightstalker (I would argue bottom tier 3; especially if you allow Spell Compendium pg. 3 "Other Spellcasting Classes"; Which I believe most DM's would allow)
Tier 2: Mystic

sonofzeal
2011-12-07, 09:48 AM
Mystic is slightly better than favored soul (IMO). Nightstalker is the most interesting class although as someone who hates leadership you end up with three ghost templated followers by 20th level.

Master is like a PC version of Expert and is akin to the Psion in that you select an area to specialize in and you don't get the abilities for areas that you don't. Still you can make non-magical +4 weapons which is cool I suppose. They are not that bad and could be fun to roleplay as.

Noble and Mariner should be NPC classes. They are truly terrible.
Much appreciated! I may play a Master at some point, they sound interesting!

sonofzeal
2011-12-09, 07:14 AM
In Compendium order: Pages 26 (DM #159), 29 (DM #76), 36 (DM #60), 42 (DM #65)*, 45 (DM #140), 51 (DM #315), and 57 (DM #317).

*Attribution to one E. Gary Gygax indicated.
All but the Sha'ir and Urban Druid appear to be AD&D, unless there's a massive goof on DM #'s. You sure that's right? :smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused:

Amphetryon
2011-12-09, 08:24 AM
All but the Sha'ir and Urban Druid appear to be AD&D, unless there's a massive goof on DM #'s. You sure that's right? :smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused:

The Dragon Magazine Compendium is a 3.5 product; all materials therein have been updated to be compliant with that version. The "original" DM #s are when TSR/WotC/Paizo first published a version within their magazine .

sonofzeal
2011-12-09, 08:30 AM
The Dragon Magazine Compendium is a 3.5 product; all materials therein have been updated to be compliant with that version. The "original" DM #s are when TSR/WotC/Paizo first published a version within their magazine .
Ah, drat. I have access to a DM archive, but not to Dragon Compendium strangely enough. I should work on fixing that.

ShriekingDrake
2011-12-09, 12:14 PM
What a great project. Forgive me for suggesting more work, but . . . once you've got it completed, it might be good to put the source and page number next to each class as well as which edition 3.0/3.5.

Ksheep
2011-12-09, 12:29 PM
Are you looking for just base classes, or are you also looking for Alternate Base Classes and/or variants? Either way, I'd suggest checking out the old Crystal Keep index (although it has been removed from the original site). A simple goole search should find it. A 200 page PDF with summaries of just about every class from all published books, most of the Dragon magazines, and a fair number of the alternate settings.

Zale
2011-12-09, 06:01 PM
WotL is which book, exactly?

Curse my lack of acronymic knowledge.

Palanan
2011-12-09, 06:12 PM
I would second the request to cite the sources and page numbers--that would be an invaluable improvement.

Thanks for working up this resource, should be extremely useful.

Demon of Death
2011-12-09, 06:18 PM
WotL is which book, exactly?

Curse my lack of acronymic knowledge.

War of the Lance, only Dragonlance book with those acronyms :smallsmile:

If I get some free-time this weekend or next, I'll help cite the classes.

sonofzeal
2011-12-09, 06:48 PM
I've added the ones I've already indexed to the first post. The rest are pretty easy; it's mostly just PHB/EPH/CPsi that aren't indexed still.

The DM classes were removed when I started looking up sources and found AD&D stuff, I'll add them back in later.

Zombimode
2011-12-09, 06:56 PM
What about the two ghost classes, Eidolon and Eidoloncer, from Ghostwalk?
I know, they are rather situational, but still, they are base classes.

sonofzeal
2011-12-09, 07:23 PM
What about the two ghost classes, Eidolon and Eidoloncer, from Ghostwalk?
I know, they are rather situational, but still, they are base classes.
Good catch, I'll add those.

Timeless Error
2011-12-09, 10:57 PM
This (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11714.0) list mentions a "Mlar" class (Dungeon Magazine 100 256-257 githyanki section).

Lateral
2011-12-09, 11:12 PM

...The DLCS was the only 3.5 Dragonlance book published as a first-party book. The others are all third-party. Mystic and Noble are official classes, but the others aren't.