PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Travel Devotion and Slippers of Battle Dancing

feyanor
2011-12-07, 10:05 AM
Hey,

I am pretty sure this has been discussed at length before, but I cant find any thread really discussing it... People just seem to assume it to work, without conclusive arguments.
Question is ofc wether or not you get the benefit of the slippers(cha substituting for str/dex on attack and damage rolls ), after moving more then 10ft using your extra movement from travel devotion.

Argument for it: you move up to your speed, which could be interpreted as a move only move action(pretty weak argument).

Argument against it: The feat explicity says you move up to your speed as a swift action.

I'd really appreciate some help on this point or a link to a thread that actually discusses it.

Zaq
2011-12-07, 10:33 AM
There's no argument, because it's pretty black-and-white: you're not using a move action to move, so you don't get the benefit.

If you want to use the Slippers and still full attack, you pretty much need Hustle or something similar.

kudosmog
2011-12-07, 10:39 AM
My opinion:

The slippers let you CHA instead of STR/DEX if you move at least 10 feet as part of a move action.

The travel devotion feat lets you move up to your movement speed as a swift action.

Problem arises with the text saying: "use up to your movement as a swift action".

So first "however much you want to move" movement would be swift action(and not a move action), then you would need to take your second movement as a movement action, and then a standard attack to benefit from the slippers.

Alternatively you can move as a swift action, then take a full round action like making two+ attacks or whatever else is in the list for full round options. Then you get no benefit from the slippers

feyanor
2011-12-07, 10:42 AM
yeah, that's pretty much what I thought...
It just seems, that pretty much every thread I can find assumes it works, which made me think there was some rule or argument I wasn't aware of.