PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help me with a Pathfinder build???

lfarbstein
2011-12-07, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I would first like to say nice to meet you all.

Now on to the topic. I am entering my first Pathfinder game soon. I am a vet at D&D 3.5 so I hear that the change wont be all that difficult but I want to make sure my first character is good.

My friend is telling me that a Hellknight of the Rack is right up my ally (I looked it up myself and it is just the kind of person I like to play) Still I want to build him right. We are starting at LV7 with a 15 point stat buy in. I was thinking I wana use longsword (fits the order) and light spiked shield with full plate armor. We also get 23500 to spend on stuff. (my GM says + weapons with different material is good but no magic effects) I also want to play so heavy intimidating. I love that kind of stuff.

So help I need from you is...
1. When should I switch from fighter to hellknight
2. What feats should I take and when
3. How should I spread my states
4. What should I buy?

Other than That I can handle myself.

Thank you all very very much and I hope to see more of you all! :)

stack
2011-12-07, 02:56 PM
Well, you have to go through five levels of full BAB to get in. I that's straight fighter, you may as well go right away as armor training isn't as good as the hellknight armor ability (full-speed in hellknight plate). Unless you take an archetype for fighter, or really need another bonus feat, I would get in ASAP.

Looks like hellknights can benefit from CHA, but not as much as a paladin. They smite chaos and get a spelllike, but nothing as good as divine grace.

Go with STR>CON>DEX, None of the mentals are that key. You have garbage for skill points in either class, so dumping intelligence and making up for it with human and favored class bonuses works. Note that FC doesn't apply to prestige classes.

DrDeth
2011-12-07, 03:42 PM
Why not a fallen Paladin?

stack
2011-12-07, 04:04 PM
Sword & board ranger would get you early access to shield bashing while ignoring pre-reqs. Shield mastery at six, then go hellknight.

Technically, paladin and anti-paladin both work for entry without falling.

lfarbstein
2011-12-07, 06:40 PM
How does fallen Paladin work? Why should I do that instead of fighter?

DrDeth
2011-12-07, 07:11 PM
Good Roeplaying opp, and you do get a few more skillpoints, not to mention better saves. OTOH, you do lose some class features.

DrDeth
2011-12-07, 07:13 PM
Good Roleplaying opp, and you do get a few more skillpoints, not to mention better saves. OTOH, you do lose some class features.

lfarbstein
2011-12-07, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the ideas of Ranger, Paladin, and anti-paladin. But I think I am going to sick with a fighter. I have a firm idea on the backstory and how I want to roleplay him. The question is how to distribute stats. I know the 3 physical stats are important and so is Charisma but how many points should I put in? Also I am going to play a Human so I get those extra 2 bonus points.

After that it is deciding what feat to take and when. I want my feats to assist in my sword and shield fighting and my scaring the pants off everyone.

And finaly what to buy? I know a longsword, spiked light shield and and fullplate but what features should they have? Also I am told I will need adventure supplies and a horse for travail but that is no problem.

Again than you all so so much!

Paul H
2011-12-10, 08:43 PM
Hi

If you want Intimiate, Half Orcs gain +2 Racial mod.

There may be a Chellish trait that also adds to Intimidate.

Thanks
Paul H
Edit: You could go Cavalier or Inquisitor

Doorhandle
2011-12-10, 10:02 PM
Also note that half-orcs can put their bonus on any stat they want now.

klemdakherzbag
2011-12-10, 11:38 PM
There is a feat that adds str mod to intimidate - Intimidating Prowess iirc