PDA

View Full Version : Best ToB with non-ToB Gestalts?

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-07, 02:45 PM
So, I'm hoping to DM a Gestalt game soon where every player, and every creature I devise must have one ToB class gestalted with one not-ToB class, and I was wondering about any good combos besides any of the obvious.(I.E. Crusader and Paladin, etc.) Any combos the Playground would like to show me? :smallsmile:

Note-All levels of cheese allowed, but specify how powerful the combo will be so I don't inadvertantly TPK my players. :smallbiggrin:

Toliudar
2011-12-07, 02:56 PM
Pay attention to ability scores here, and having other classes that aren't already doing exactly what you're doing.

These are not necessarily the most powerful combos, but ones that I've played and enjoyed:

Crusader with Bard for a leader-type warrior. Charisma synergies. All good saves, full BAB. Kick combat off with Inspire Courage, and focus on a lot of White Raven maneuvers. A little bard casting for versatility out of combat.

Swordsage with Cleric or druid. Wisdom synergy goodness. Full casting, great buffing, and a wide range of melee options.

Psion/Warblade is a classic combo, as is Factotum/Warblade.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-12-07, 02:58 PM
ToB classes are very "active," so ideally you pair them with classes that are able to have passive abilities or action economy busters.

The simplest and least cheesy of the ones I'm going to mention is Warblade//Factotum. It's at least as versatile as a Factotum is, and in combat it can throw out umpteen standard action strikes in the first round. Throw in Eternal Blade for more shenanigans.

Druid//Swordsage is nice as well; use Wildshape and animal buffs, then go to town with your various boosts/counters/strikes. The rest of the druid spells can be saved for the occasional battlefield control, utility and emergency summoning.

Cloistered Cleric can be paired with either Crusader or Swordsage, or both. DMM Persist allows you to be a sneak, or a tank, or anything else really.

Speaking of persistent spells, Warblade//Wizard/Incantatrix is a powerhouse gish. Persist spells like Draconic Polymorph, Wraithstrike, Greater Invisibility, Swift Fly, Bladeweave, and maybe even some Menacing Tentacles and then go to town with crazy strikes. Ruby Nightmare Blade comes to mind.

Note all of these have some stat synergy. That's always good to keep in mind. If you have the stats for it, however, there's nothing wrong with something like Druid//Warblade or Psion//Swordsage.

Tyndmyr
2011-12-07, 03:03 PM
Anything with Factotum is pretty awesome. Extra actions = win.

docnessuno
2011-12-07, 03:04 PM
Warblade // Factotum as the least cheesy option?
Gotta laugh when someone unleashes his full allotment of readied manouvers in a single round, takes a sfift action to refresh them and use each one again, still in the same round.

That said:
Factotum // any ToB (crusader and Warblade wotk best thanks to full BaB)
Druid // Swordsage
Dual wielding Rogue // Warblade
Full caster // Any ToB, wihle having problems with action economy you are a gish on steroids
Buffificer // Warblade

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-12-07, 03:09 PM
Fac//War is a combat monster, but out of combat it's about as useful as a factotum, which is to say "not campaign smashing." The rest I mentioned are T1 casters. Perhaps the Druid//Swordsage is less obviously cheesy... until you start pulling out the obscure wildshape feats, or low level greenbound summoning.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-07, 03:10 PM
Warblade // Factotum as the least cheesy option?
Gotta laugh when someone unleashes his full allotment of readied manouvers in a single round, takes a sfift action to refresh them and use each one again, still in the same round.

That's not how it works. Did you miss the part where it says you can't use maneuvers in the same round you recover them?

You can recover all expended maneuvers with a single swift action, which must be immediately followed in the same round with a melee attack or using a standard action to do nothing else in the round (such as executing a quick, harmless flourish with your weapon). You cannot initiate a maneuver or change your stance while you are recovering your expended maneuvers, but you can remain in a stance in which you began your turn.

Also, melee attack is a specific action that doesn't include strikes, it's specifically called attack for the standard one, and full attack for the full-round one.

AmberVael
2011-12-07, 03:34 PM
You have not known true terror until you have faced a a spell slinging spine covered poisonous acid clawed practitioner of the Tiger Claw discipline.

In other words- Druid + Swordsage + Wildshape into Fleshraker + Venomfire + Natural Spell + Quicken Spell + Tiger Claw.

Your players will FEAR.

This may be a somewhat less effective tactic if you want them to also, you know, survive. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2011-12-07, 03:34 PM
This will involve taking a flaw if human or 2 flaws if not, but you could build a Warblade//Forsaker

Snowbluff
2011-12-07, 03:46 PM
Warblade is the best ToB base class. Wizard is the best PHB base class. Any questions?

If you are going for something more complex and cheesy, look up Idiot Crusader (The only absolutely broken part of the book IMO), Ruby Knight Vindicator, and Ur Pirest for one side. For the other, a super cheesy Wizard build.

Little Brother
2011-12-07, 04:23 PM
That's not how it works. Did you miss the part where it says you can't use maneuvers in the same round you recover them?

Also, melee attack is a specific action that doesn't include strikes, it's specifically called attack for the standard one, and full attack for the full-round one.I hear factotums get over level eight occasionally.

On topic: I like Nar Demonbinder. Simples method: Crusader 8/JMP 8/RKV 4//Factotum 5/Ur -Priest 2/Nar-Demonbinder 1/Factotum +3/Something 9. You could, of course, just go replace Factotum with Sorcerer or Bard or something

Or, idiot Crusader//Full Caster.

Randomguy
2011-12-07, 04:31 PM
Warblade//duskblade has lots if int synergy, decent casting and is great at doing lots and lots of damage in a single hit by combining a channeled spell with a maneuver. Jade pheonix mage is awesome in that combo. Not quite as good as wizard is on that side though.

Warblade//Wu jen/archmage is good for abusing body outside body by making it a spell like ability, since your clones are much more powerful than a single classed wu-jen's. Crusader instead of warblade works, too, since an army of crusaders is very hard to kill, thanks to all that healing.

Aegis013
2011-12-07, 04:39 PM
Any combos the Playground would like to show me? :smallsmile:

Note-All levels of cheese allowed, but specify how powerful the combo will be so I don't inadvertantly TPK my players. :smallbiggrin:

If you don't know about the d2 Crusader, that's a off-the-charts cheese tactic that's sure to be too dumb to use (unless one of your players is a complete Ikea Tarrasque)

ToB - Crusader Aura
Aura of Chaos - anytime a damage die turns up its highest value, reroll and add up!

Complete Champion - Metamagic Feat
Imbued Healing Metamagic - Conjuration(healing) spells you cast gain an added effect that lasts for 1 minute/spell level, based on domains.
Luck domain: anytime a damage die shows a result a 1, treat it as though it were a 2.

Grab a weapon with d2 damage (tiny dagger, you only get a -2 for wielding it if you're larger than tiny, I believe, not sure on that though)

Flip a coin, if tails, treat as heads, if heads, reflip and add up. Infinite damage loop achieved.

It's much too cheesy to use against players, but a silly combo to know about.

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-07, 04:42 PM
...Wow. I go to class for an hour and the Playground produces such gold? :smallsmile: My players won't know what hit them. :smallbiggrin: Keep it coming folks.

Essence_of_War
2011-12-07, 05:15 PM
I love Warblade//Psion. Possibly with some Crusader and some Eternal Blade on the martial side. But just going straight to 20 on each is honestly fine.

Warblade//Factotum is also FANTASTIC. Extra actions are amazing with the Warblade's awesome strikes.

PsyWar/Swordsage has really nice wisdom synergy, sprinkle to taste with at least 4 levels of psychokinetic champion or sanctified mind to make sure you get a 4th iterative.

All of the ToB classes work GREAT with Incarnum also. Incarnum is fantastic for providing passive benefits, and ToB gives them some active stuff too. Except the Soulborn. Use one of person_man's fixes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119121) if you want to go that route. I could see a Crusader//Incarnate being a ton of fun. Perhaps sprinkle with Warblade to get the save replacement maneuvers. The totemist is almost begging to be strapped to a Warblade or Swordsage to get Tiger Claw maneuvers!

A Crusader is one of the hardest classes in the game to kill with just straight up hp damage, strapped to an incarnate, and mixed with some iron soul forgemaster, I think he would be nigh unstoppable in melee.

avr
2011-12-07, 06:32 PM
Swordsage has a bunch of maneuvers useful for keeping you alive. You can get a feat which gives a caster level bonus to illusion spells when you're in a shadow hand stance. The synergy with squishy mage should be obvious.

Helldog
2011-12-07, 06:37 PM
Warblade//Factotum is the best, if you don't want to be a caster. Barbarian//Swordsage (possibly Unarmed) could also be great.

Reprimand
2011-12-07, 06:47 PM
Swashbuckler 3/TWF Rogue with daring outlaw then for your gestalt class go full warblade.

Full sneak attack.
get int to damage.
Full maneuvers and stances.
8 skills point per level after 3rd.
Pirate background. (Which is quite fun)

Heck you can almost dump strength and put it into int if it wasn't for strength reqs on feats.

Glimbur
2011-12-07, 07:16 PM
Incarnate and Totemist, both from Magic of Incarnum, are good passive classes to gestalt with almost anything. Totemist gets more natural attacks, Incarnate gets more magic-like things, but in either case you can get all-day buffs.

Snowbluff
2011-12-07, 07:40 PM
Swashbuckler 3/TWF Rogue with daring outlaw then for your gestalt class go full warblade.

Full sneak attack.
get int to damage.
Full maneuvers and stances.
8 skills point per level after 3rd.
Pirate background. (Which is quite fun)

Heck you can almost dump strength and put it into int if it wasn't for strength reqs on feats.

As an Elf you can get into Eternal Blade which can give even more Int -> Dmg.
Also, a TWF Time Stands Still Sneak Attack can lead to pure hurt. I would even say drop the Swashbuckler for SS maves for more sneak attack opportunities, or the SS capstone, which will let you use Inferno Blade and the extra swings boost.

Urpriest
2011-12-07, 09:42 PM
Incarnate and Totemist, both from Magic of Incarnum, are good passive classes to gestalt with almost anything. Totemist gets more natural attacks, Incarnate gets more magic-like things, but in either case you can get all-day buffs.

To add to this, I hear good things in particular about Law Incarnate//Crusader. It's really an "I AM THE LAW!" type of character. I've played around with a build, and it at least can get some nicely high numbers.

Pechvarry
2011-12-07, 10:20 PM
To add to this, I hear good things in particular about Law Incarnate//Crusader. It's really an "I AM THE LAW!" type of character. I've played around with a build, and it at least can get some nicely high numbers.

Strongheart Vestment+ Greater Divine Surge is fun. I could see the character relying on Incarnate buffs (and a Cleric dip for Law Devotion) to maintain very high attack rolls despite moderate-to-low STR in exchange for more CON.

Prime32
2011-12-07, 10:49 PM
Warblade//Warlock, with the Eldritch Claws feat and focusing on Tiger Claw and flying pounces.
Or Unarmed swordsage//Warlock, with the Beast Strike feat added in.

Add Hellfire Warlock to taste.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-08, 09:58 AM

Lawful incarnate is teh best, hands down. The bonus to attack rolls outstrips the benefits of any other incarnate.

But I'll never, ever be anything other than a good incarnate. Okay, maybe chaotic, but lawful? It's like paladin without any reason to be kind.

However, a good incarnate//crusader can have relevant AC with a combination of Incarnate Avatar, that class feature that gives you a boost to AC, and enough magic items.

Morph Bark
2011-12-08, 10:24 AM
Warblade//duskblade has lots if int synergy, decent casting and is great at doing lots and lots of damage in a single hit by combining a channeled spell with a maneuver. Jade pheonix mage is awesome in that combo. Not quite as good as wizard is on that side though.

Sadly, you cannot use the Duskblade's arcane spell channeling with a martial maneuver at the same time.

Warblade//Warlock, with the Eldritch Claws feat and focusing on Tiger Claw and flying pounces.

Can you charge while flying?

Urpriest
2011-12-08, 10:27 AM
Can you charge while flying?

1. Yes, explicitly in the DMG's flying rules.

2. Of course, movement is movement.

Kaje
2011-12-08, 12:08 PM
Factotum//Warblade/Eternal Blade is even more abusive to the action economy than just factotum. Be a Dragonborn Sun Elf.

Incarnate//Crusader is something that just won't die, as every time you attack you'll probably be healing hp. Also, as stated, it's great for I AM THE LAW!

Totemist//Swordsage/Crinti Shadow Marauder lets you full attack with all those yummy natural weapons three times a round. Or go swift hunter instead of totemist for the extra skirmish damage. Unfortunately every second turn you'd have to spend a full-round action to refresh, but still awesome.

Swordsage//Wild Shape Ranger sounds pretty sweet.

hex0
2011-12-08, 01:10 PM
Full BAB-flurry works rather nicely.

Monk 6 (Carmendine or Kung Fu Genius)/Warblade 6
Shou Disciple 5/Warblade 5
Master of Nine 5/Warblade 5
XXX 4/Warblade 4

Full BAB makes Kensai not suck as much.

Kensai Variant Fighter 5/Warblade 5
Kensai 5/Warblade 5
Exemplar 1/Warblade 1
Kensai 5/Warblade 5
XXX 4/Warblade 4

Super Elf

XXX 7/Warblade (or Crusader) 7
Champion of Corellon 3/Warblade (or Crusader) 3
Eternal Blade 10/Warblade (or Crusader) 10

I also like the idea of a Wildshape Ranger/Swordsage, going into Bloodclaw Master and/or Warshaper.

Mando Knight
2011-12-08, 01:15 PM
Grab a weapon with d2 damage (tiny dagger, you only get a -2 for wielding it if you're larger than tiny, I believe, not sure on that though)

Small gauntlet or light shield. Terrible crit properties, but with what you're doing, you won't need them.

FearlessGnome
2011-12-08, 01:27 PM
Druid//Warblade. d12 hit die, full BAB, wildshape, Iron Heart Surge and full casting. Dump Strength and Dex and never pay the price.

Tr011
2011-12-08, 01:44 PM
Wizard//Crusader = Wizard with d10 HP, you get the two good saves very high and you got Full BAB. Maybe Sorcerer is even better for this because high Cha is very nice for a Crusader (remember to take a PrC after level 3 on the Sorcerer side).

Or you can optimize a bard easily to get something like +7d6 to each hit within one swift action of buffing for 10 rounds. Any ToB can get OP with that.

Or you try some crazy mundane build:
Half-Minotaur (#313) Changeling (LA 1)
Warblade 1//Feat-Rogue with Poison Use 1
Warblade 2//Hit-And-Run Fighter 1
Warblade 3//Fighter 2
Warblade 4//Wolf Totem Barbarian 1 with Whirling Frenzy and IUS (#349)
Warblade 5//Warshaper 1
Bloodstorm Blade 1//Feat-Rogue 2 with Spell Reflection
Bloodstorm Blade 2//Feat-Rogue 3
Bloodstorm Blade 3//Ranger with Favored Enemy(Arcanists) and trapfinding
Bloodstorm Blade 4//Ranger
Bloodstorm Blade 5//Fighter 3
Bloodstorm Blade 6//Fighter 4
Bloodstorm Blade 7//Ranger 3
Bloodstorm Blade 8//Swordsage 1
Bloodstorm Blade 9//Barbarian 2
Bloodstorm Blade 10//Barbarian 3
Warblade 6//Warshaper 2
Warblade 7//Master Thrower 1
Crusader 1//Warshaper 3
Crusader 2//Warshaper 4

This build gives you (assuming 32point-buy) Str 35 Dex 12 Con 26 Int 10 Wis 8 Cha 14 (without items, but with permanent enlarge which costs 3k gp at any NPC) and BAB +19. Also, you get Evasion, Spell Reflection, Natural Armor, Immunity to Crit & Sneak, Steely Resolve, one Save reroll per day and Charisma on saves (and Con on Will saves). With your high saves and items, this should be good for defense, remember that any spell thrown on you either gets returned (if it's a missing ranged touch attack and there's this strike that can use an attack roll as AC) or it gets absorbed by Spellfire Wielder.
Feats are Quick Draw, Track, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus, Endurance, Throw Anything, Point Blank Shot, Manyshot, Farshot, Mage Slayer (CArc), Blind-Fight, Pierce Magical Concealment (CArc), Combat Reflex, Spellfire Wielder (something Faerun?), Improved Rapid Shot (CW), Improved Trip, Gore Toss (#313), Power Attack, Brutal Throw (CAdv?), Improved Natural Weapon (MM1), EWP (Spiked Chain) and Steadfast Determination (PHB2).

This build basically means you can Full Attack for five attacks (at least one ranged, rest can be either ranged or melee), every melee weapon can be used for ranged attacks and you get no AoOs for ranged attacking if you success on a concentration check (really low DC). If you sacrifice your swift action you make the ranged attacks like melee attacks: 1 1/2 your strength on damage because of Two-Handed Weapon. Also you can use Power Attack.
Anyone who runs into your range (it's 20ft with Gore Attack, 25 with Spiked Chain) gets an AoO: Gore Attack, if successful you get a free Trip, if successful you get a free Attack. If fighting mass enemies just make a Full-Round action to attack ANY ENEMY IN YOUR RANGE, this is even with a melee weapon that you throw 100ft (10ft. ranged increment*2 cuz Farshot *5 cuz max range).

If you really want to go crazy just exchange the tripping with Grappling: Improved Grab by a Barbarian Totem combined with Multigrab, Improved Grapple and Fling Enemy ended up for my lvl 6 Barbarian in dealing 22d6+Str.

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-08, 01:55 PM
Wizard//Crusader = Wizard with d10 HP, you get the two good saves very high and you got Full BAB. Maybe Sorcerer is even better for this because high Cha is very nice for a Crusader (remember to take a PrC after level 3 on the Sorcerer side).

Or you can optimize a bard easily to get something like +7d6 to each hit within one swift action of buffing for 10 rounds. Any ToB can get OP with that.

Or you try some crazy mundane build:
Half-Minotaur (#313) Changeling (LA 1)
Warblade 1//Feat-Rogue with Poison Use 1
Warblade 2//Hit-And-Run Fighter 1
Warblade 3//Fighter 2
Warblade 4//Wolf Totem Barbarian 1 with Whirling Frenzy and IUS (#349)
Warblade 5//Warshaper 1
Bloodstorm Blade 1//Feat-Rogue 2 with Spell Reflection
Bloodstorm Blade 2//Feat-Rogue 3
Bloodstorm Blade 3//Ranger with Favored Enemy(Arcanists) and trapfinding
Bloodstorm Blade 4//Ranger
Bloodstorm Blade 5//Fighter 3
Bloodstorm Blade 6//Fighter 4
Bloodstorm Blade 7//Ranger 3
Bloodstorm Blade 8//Swordsage 1
Bloodstorm Blade 9//Barbarian 2
Bloodstorm Blade 10//Barbarian 3
Warblade 6//Warshaper 2
Warblade 7//Master Thrower 1
Crusader 1//Warshaper 3
Crusader 2//Warshaper 4

This build gives you (assuming 32point-buy) Str 35 Dex 12 Con 26 Int 10 Wis 8 Cha 14 (without items, but with permanent enlarge which costs 3k gp at any NPC) and BAB +19. Also, you get Evasion, Spell Reflection, Natural Armor, Immunity to Crit & Sneak, Steely Resolve, one Save reroll per day and Charisma on saves (and Con on Will saves). With your high saves and items, this should be good for defense, remember that any spell thrown on you either gets returned (if it's a missing ranged touch attack and there's this strike that can use an attack roll as AC) or it gets absorbed by Spellfire Wielder.
Feats are Quick Draw, Track, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus, Endurance, Throw Anything, Point Blank Shot, Manyshot, Farshot, Mage Slayer (CArc), Blind-Fight, Pierce Magical Concealment (CArc), Combat Reflex, Spellfire Wielder (something Faerun?), Improved Rapid Shot (CW), Improved Trip, Gore Toss (#313), Power Attack, Brutal Throw (CAdv?), Improved Natural Weapon (MM1), EWP (Spiked Chain) and Steadfast Determination (PHB2).

This build basically means you can Full Attack for five attacks (at least one ranged, rest can be either ranged or melee), every melee weapon can be used for ranged attacks and you get no AoOs for ranged attacking if you success on a concentration check (really low DC). If you sacrifice your swift action you make the ranged attacks like melee attacks: 1 1/2 your strength on damage because of Two-Handed Weapon. Also you can use Power Attack.
Anyone who runs into your range (it's 20ft with Gore Attack, 25 with Spiked Chain) gets an AoO: Gore Attack, if successful you get a free Trip, if successful you get a free Attack. If fighting mass enemies just make a Full-Round action to attack ANY ENEMY IN YOUR RANGE, this is even with a melee weapon that you throw 100ft (10ft. ranged increment*2 cuz Farshot *5 cuz max range).

If you really want to go crazy just exchange the tripping with Grappling: Improved Grab by a Barbarian Totem combined with Multigrab, Improved Grapple and Fling Enemy ended up for my lvl 6 Barbarian in dealing 22d6+Str.

...I think I've found the build for the Big Bad of this campaign. :D Many thanks Tro11!! :smallsmile:

Hunter Noventa
2011-12-08, 02:47 PM
I'm actually playing a Pathfinder Soulknife//Swordsage in a gestalt campaign right now, it's been very effective. the PF Soulknife is up on the SRD and pretty much fully 3.5 compatible, both classes give lots of options, and Soulknife gives full BaB that the Swordsage really needs.

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-08, 09:09 PM
Alright, new question. If I were to run two ToB classes together, but shift one out for a PrC ASAP, what combo of initial classes, which PrC/s, and at which level?

Curious
2011-12-08, 09:34 PM
(Synthesist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/paizo---summoner-archetypes/synthesist)) Summoner (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner) 20// (Dawnflower Dervish (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/dawnflower-dervish)) Bard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard) 4/ Warblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2) 16.

Race: Silverbrow Human (for the Dragonblood subtype).

Feats:
Flaw- Dragonfire Inspiration
1st- Multiweapon Fighting (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/multiweapon-fighting-combat)
Human- Extra Performance
3rd- Song of the White Raven
5th- Words of Creation
7th- Improved Multiweapon Fighting
9th- Song of the Heart
11th- Greater Multiweapon Fighting
13th- Experimental Spellcaster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power) (Accelerate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power/effect-words/accelerate))
15th- Whatever
17th- Whatever
19th- Whatever

Warblade Bonus Feats: Whatever.

All of your Eidolons evolution points should be spent on gaining more and more arms, except at level 8, when you should increase your size to large. All of your arms should be wielding masterwork kukris, ignore magic weapons.

The Dragonfire Inspiration (which requires the Dragonblood subtype) feat turns all of your +x's from the Bards Inspire Courage into +xd6's of extra damage on every attack you make. The Dawnflower Dervish archetype doubles your Inspire Courage bonus, but at the price that it only applies to you. Song of the Heart increases your Inspire Courage by another +1, and Words of Creation doubles the resulting score. Song of the White Raven makes your Bard and Warblade levels stack for determining your effective bard level for Inspire Courage. This results in you getting +20d6 damage to every attack you make.

The Accelerate wordspell allows you to gain an extra move action every turn for several rounds, and is only a 2nd level spell.

The Warblade levels are there so that you can gain two particular maneuvers; White Raven Tactics (which allows you to gain an extra turn as a swift action), and Time Stands Still (which allows you to take two full attacks at once).

So, your combat rounds would look like this.
1st Round- Cast Accelerate (standard action), begin Bardic Performance (move Action), initiate White Raven Tactics (swift action).

2nd Round (gained with White Raven Tactics)- Move towards enemy (extra move action), initiate Time Stands Still (full-round action).

You get 146 attacks, each with +20d6 bonus damage.

EDIT: Use your Warblade feats to grab the multiweapon fighting line, so you can get Accelerate earlier. It is very good.

Here is my default gestalt madness involving ToB. I really love it.

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-09, 03:10 PM
^...Wow. :smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2011-12-09, 03:18 PM
Can you charge while flying?Yes, and claws/talons deal double damage when you do. :smallamused:

Metahuman1
2011-12-09, 04:04 PM
Warblade or Swordsage//Dungeon crash or regular Fighter

Your now getting something out of those feats. And with Swordsage, your getting a better hit die and a full BAB and making your one bad save a good one. And Dungeoncrasher + feats + manuvers to boost Bulls Rush are good.

Unarmed Swordsage//Incarnum or Totemist with VoP can avoid the lions share of suck form VoP and turn it into a viable option.

Cloistered Cleric //ANY ToB class can kick serious tail.

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-09, 04:07 PM
Warblade or Swordsage//Dungeon crash or regular Fighter

Your now getting something out of those feats. And with Swordsage, your getting a better hit die and a full BAB and making your one bad save a good one. And Dungeoncrasher + feats + manuvers to boost Bulls Rush are good.

Unarmed Swordsage//Incarnum or Totemist with VoP can avoid the lions share of suck form VoP and turn it into a viable option.

Cloistered Cleric //ANY ToB class can kick serious tail.

Good ideas, and yeah, I know all too well the sucky save of the Swordsage. :smallsmile:

Which book is Cloistered Cleric in, BTW?

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-09, 04:12 PM
I made a Ranger / Swordsage that was pretty awesome, focusing on tiger claw, two-weapon fighting and debuffs. I took the PHBII feat that requires a hammer / hand axe combo to daze or nauseate the opponent and staggering strike, plus the feat that lets you sicken with a blunt weapon to seriously stack on debuffs. Tiger Claw lets you trigger the feats more often.

Toliudar
2011-12-09, 04:16 PM
In short, ToB gestalted with just about anything is pretty freakin' lovely.

AmberVael
2011-12-09, 04:20 PM
Good ideas, and yeah, I know all too well the sucky save of the Swordsage. :smallsmile:

Which book is Cloistered Cleric in, BTW?

Unearthed Arcana. Also, the SRD.

Right here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric)

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-09, 04:34 PM
Unearthed Arcana. Also, the SRD.

Right here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric)

Many Thanks.

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-10, 03:24 PM
For a Psion//Warblade, what's the best discipline?

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-15, 05:21 PM
Happy note-I just recieved my paper copy of ToB that I requested for a birthday gift(Been using my pdf. for the longest time.) I am a very man right now. :biggrin:

Philistine
2011-12-15, 06:32 PM
For a Psion//Warblade, what's the best discipline?

Egoist, I should think.

A combo I had a lot of fun playing was Warblade//Rogue, with the Warblade focusing on WR moves and the Disrupting Strike ACF from PHB2 for the Rogue. Not the most individually powerful character, but a hell of a force multiplier for any allies reliant on making attack rolls. The rogue more or less became the party's Main Assist, to borrow an MMO term: anything he tagged was going to be left wide open for the heavy hitters, so it just made sense for them to follow his lead most of the time.

ScrambledBrains
2011-12-15, 10:50 PM
Egoist, I should think.

A combo I had a lot of fun playing was Warblade//Rogue, with the Warblade focusing on WR moves and the Disrupting Strike ACF from PHB2 for the Rogue. Not the most individually powerful character, but a hell of a force multiplier for any allies reliant on making attack rolls. The rogue more or less became the party's Main Assist, to borrow an MMO term: anything he tagged was going to be left wide open for the heavy hitters, so it just made sense for them to follow his lead most of the time.

Roger. I'll look them up.

Oooooh...I may have to design an allied NPC with that build. :D