PDA

View Full Version : D&D Core Only IC

Katasi
2011-12-07, 11:03 PM
You are standing in front of an intricate but not overly extravagant throne, carved in dark oak. You face a matured man, well built with a hint of extra weight pushing out from his beltline. His short cut black hair and finely trimmed mustache and goatee all show hints of gray, made even more obvious by the fine red silks he is wearing.

His gaze flows over each of you in turn, stopping on Christina before he clears his throat and begins to speak. "Welcome. I am Lord Arald, Baron of Darrowdale." he says. "I am told by the city guards that you have come north at the beck of the King of Arlan." He settles back into his throne. "I have a job for any hearty individuals who wish to take it." he says, looking around to see if anyone perks up at his words.

"People have been reporting disturbing sounds and sights recently from the cottage of a well liked wizard and her husband." He says "Neither has been seen in weeks, but random passers by have seen disturbing things around the property and through the windows."

"I will pay well for any news you can bring back, it is important that my people not think some magical danger lurks about. Any of you who wish to aid in this please step up and state your name and what skills you offer." He says "I know one of you already, and I have something for them."

Arcran
2011-12-07, 11:50 PM
“Hello my Lord,” James says, sweeping into a low bow as he steps forward, his more than hint of a belly bouncing up and down. “My name is James Algorath, Halfling cook extraordinaire. I come to you from the deep south with culinary skills without compare,” he says, laying on the flattery thick. “As for my more adventurous skills, I have been known to dabble in the less, lets say legal arts,” he says. “I would be honored to serve a lord as distinguished and noble as yourself,” the Halfling says, laying the flattery on thick. Honestly, James could care less about missing wizards and magical monsters. In fact, he had never been a fan wizards with their finger waggling and bursts of light. Charlitans and tricksters, the lot of them. And traveling with this group! So uncouth and dirty! Although James is constantly practicing his fine culinary arts and less fine criminal ones, his armor is always kept extremely clean and would never have that layer of dirt that some of these other adventurers wear. There’s even a half-orc in the group. A half-orc! Filthy brutes. Terrible table manners… he can’t help but think to himself. No, he is even considering this job for a few reasons. The first is, quite obviously, the reward. Lords always pay well for a job such as this. The second is that, if in fact the wizards are gone, there will be a house absolutely filled with magical tools ripe for the taking. Lastly, James hopes to get at least a little good will in with the local lords. It would make it far easier to avoid an accident like the one in his last restaurant. James steps backwards, making another bow as he does so, being careful to not scuff his shoes as he does.

Questing Beast
2011-12-08, 12:19 AM
Listening to the halfling introduce himself and grinning a bit hungrily when he hears the phrase "cook extraordinaire" he then proceeds to check his purse is still there upon listening to the comment about him dabbling in less than legal arts. Once satisfied both that James is finished and his purse is still intact the shortish dwarf steps to the fore, "Milord, I am Sylter of the clan Bestblade. I am both traveler and healer, I come seeking knowledge of the world about me and would be happy to assist in this endeavor." Stepping back he decides that once he has a chance latter he'll make sure the halfling has a recipe for some good Dwarven stew with a touch of loam for the extra flavor and roughage. It's probably better to be on his good side by providing him with a recipe so nothing important like gold goes missing from my purse.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-08, 06:35 AM
A skinny elf is sitting in a crouch a little to the side, petting a large grey wolf. He looks up as the dwarf speaks, large eyes gazing warmly at the stubby healer.
The wolf growls a little at the lack of attention, and the elf gives it one final rustle of its fur, before he stands and moves before the baron.

I am Daedalus Naïnodel, of the Silversprout clan from the unending forests of Arlan.

The common translation of his clanname still rang unnaturally in his ears. Daedalus missed the lush forests of his home and the beautiful evening songs, but was determined to find a way to fit into this strange society.

My bow is ready. If there is anything unnatural about this, I will restore it to its rightful way.

Daedalus cared little for mages, but if they had brought about something monstrous, and it wouldn't be the first time, it was his duty to end it. And he would do so gladly.

RCgothic
2011-12-08, 03:10 PM
Emily

A few of the others step forward before me, and I await my turn in silence, weighing up the others and their skills. I have no especial interest in the quest the baron has presented, but I have already spent most of the King's stipend on my equipment, and I need work if I'm to keep alive my hope of tracking down my father's killer. After the third person comes a pause, which I use to present myself.

"My name is Emily, my lord, and my skills lie with my weapons. I have come north seeking vengeance on a murderous group of bandits who raided my home town and killed my father. Until I find them, my services are at your disposal."

Escheton
2011-12-08, 04:37 PM
Monk

Standing in a perfectly upright, disciplined manner which is trained early in a monk's "career".
Monk speaks up softly. Not used to being allowed to speak to a superior.

Uhm...people call me "Monk" my lord. I have been sent forth by my monastery in response to a call to arms. As is a rite of passage tradition and a condition to remain exempt of taxes. As we have none to give but blood and sweat.
As for skills...discipline and martial training my lord.

EternalMelon
2011-12-08, 06:02 PM
Christina

Christina steps forward, shyly raising her hand as if to wave, pulling her elbow towards her and clenching all but one finger. Giving a meek one finger wave she starts to speak softly.

"Hello my lord. I believe I am ready to begin to work in your service again,"

Christina had recently been attacked while traveling with a caravan. She, and some others who were rescued had been saved by the hospitality of the Baron. While the others in her troop had left to go seek revenge after their attackers, Christina stayed back. Christina had been injured greatly during the attack, and was not in good condition to leave with them upon their awakening. Christina had stayed behind, reading, researching, and working for the Baron to repay her debts. finally her wounds were healed, and she could be sent off with the new batch of recruits

"For those who don't know me, my name is Christina, I dabble in the science of Magic, and hope to be of assistance of you."

Turning away from the line of people, and towards the baron, she asks, "I assume you meant me in regards to the last thing you said?"

Katasi
2011-12-08, 06:57 PM
Arald gives each speaker his utmost attention, replying to each when he finds a pause. He turns to them in the order and manner in which they spoke.

"Well met Mr. Algorath. I am sure your skills are up to the exemplary standards you boast. I would ask you to keep to legal activities while within my town, my watch is very well trained." He says with a slight grin on his face to the hafling.

Turning to the dwarf his tone takes on a more official air. "Welcome Sylter of clan Bestblade" He says "Your skills are more than appreciated, both knowledge and healing are invaluable here in the north."

His tone keeps it official sound as he turns to the elf "Welcome Daedalus Naïnodel, of the Silversprout clan" He says "May our forests welcome you as much as those you have known before. Be sure it is a threat before using your bow however."

He turns to Emily and with a directness say. "Your skills are welcome Emily, however should you find these bandits within my city let the watch do it's job." He nods as if her answer was a forgone yes and moves on.

He turns to Monk and gives a slight bow of his head. "I am honored to have you here Monk, I am sure you will find many rites of passage worth of adventures up here." He states.

Finally turning to Christina he pulls a heavy and slightly tattered book out and holds it out to her. "Your fellow survivors dropped this with my last night before heading out again." He says "I believe it belongs to you." He then waits for any of the others to speak.

niw18
2011-12-09, 11:40 AM
Krusk would step up and approach the king he was a tall humanoid through his steel polished mask also hide his orcish heritage through their where other hints of it that he cannot hide. He was very well armed with weapons and looks to the king “krusk the barbarian well offer services of his ferocity and his blade in the task your lordship” his tone was not a tone that one usually speaks to a king with . Once the king acknowledges his words he would move back to where he was to get out of the way as he did not trust a lot of people and being raised from a hermit did not help him learn people skills that much.

Kenji
2011-12-09, 01:37 PM
Aurelius' eyes lit up as the half-orc took his turn in the 'ceremony'. Unwise, though it perfectly represents the brute that he is. Noticing Lord Arald's tendency to stall his remark until after most of them were done, Aurelius took a step forward and proceed with the fairly redundant procession.

'Aurelius Meitzen. My motive is not as noble as the others; merely here for more shiny and perhaps, eventually a stable income. Unfortunately, you will receive more arrows for the task.' As he spoke with little enthusiasm, he took a swift glance out of the corner of his eyes. The number of applicants did little to appeal him of the offer and how well the Baron could uphold it. Showing slight disappointment, the lone elf continued to wait for a reply.

Katasi
2011-12-09, 02:13 PM
The lord's eyes gleam with a feral light. "Well met Krusk. It has been long since one of your ferocity has spoken before me. May those I send you against tremble before you."

He turns to Aurelius. "So a simple mercenary then?" he says. "Do not fear, I will pay each of you well, and more arrows are always welcome." He sits back to see if the last member of the party will speak, or if any of those that have spoken will respond to his words.

Kenji
2011-12-09, 10:54 PM
'Then it's all fine.' Aurelius replied with a restrained smirk at the reassurance from Lord Arald. As moments passed without a single word from either party, he decided to take the initiative instead. 'In an attempt to clarify the ambiguous situation we are condemned to face with, is there anything in particular we should do if the wizard and her husband were indeed the perpetrator behind the incident? Since my Lord emphasized how favored they were, I assumed we should attempt to subdue them in the worst case scenario rather than resorting to... less legal method?'

Satisfied with his inquiry, Aurelius waited expectantly for the Lord's reply as another question formed in his mind. Soon as it came, Aurelius quickly chimed in before the Baron managed to speak first, 'Is there any known sources if the husband is capable of wizardry as well?'

RCgothic
2011-12-10, 11:26 AM
Emily
"One Wizard? Two? What does it matter? This band is surely strong enough to handle anything that may be out there. Let's just save time by assuming there are two and head out already! If they need rescuing, they'll thank us for being prompt, and if not then the sooner we put a stop to their activities the better."

PsionicSheep
2011-12-10, 06:32 PM
Casden

In the wake of the congregation of would-be heroes, mercenaries, and other rough-and-tumble sorts, a young minstrel stood near the rear in earnest contemplation, eyes ever affixed to the lordly baron of the land save for the occasional fleeting glance to the assembled lot before him. Ponderously he waited, eager to make his grand entrance as an applicant - after all, a great entrance was the most important aspect to every heroic beginning.

At the retort of the armored woman, however, a spark entered into the songster's mind - a fleeting, melodramatic spark that if not expressed might slip away forever. Within a heartbeat, a few tender plucks coaxed forth the sounds of his beloved mandolin, and off went the aspiring musician:

"~ And so the heroes, so bold and so brave ~"
"~ Set out from the hall, courageous and true ~"
"~ To discover the fate of a wizard or two ~"
"~ Perhaps they can be saved; or forced to be slain ~"
"~ Lest the cottage is already their grave ~"

Stepping forward towards the mass of the group proper, mandolin in hand, a lad of spitfire hair and innocent eyes the size of saucers ceased his upbeat yet strangely dirge-like tune. Garbed in raiment most becoming of a wandering lout, with a tattered cloak and sturdy leather boots upon his feet. Despite the unseemly attire, he's at least well-kept, fair of features and devoid of soot and grime, and none too hard on the eyes.

"Excuse my tardiness, fair Lord Arald, but I too would like to lend my service to this cause," begins the humble musician with a naive smile, giving a proper - albeit perhaps slightly over-the-top - bow in greeting towards the powerful politician.

"My name is Casden, Songster of Springhollow. While I can't boast much of my ability, I'm willing to contribute what I can with song and sword, serving as a chronicler of sorts in your name; provided you don't mind a bardic sod such as myself to tag along with the rest of these much more strapping and capable-looking individuals." This last bit is no doubt aimed at the gaggle of adventurers, Casden himself turning to face each of the assembled heroes and heroines gathered near the throne.

EternalMelon
2011-12-10, 09:05 PM
Christina

Christina stares at the book in the barons outstretched hand, unaware at the time passing. When the bubbly bard finished his song, Christina snapped out of her daze. Rushing and stumbling forward, hand outstretched, she reaches the Baron. Before any reaction for the Baron, Christina snatches it from his grasp. Flipping the slightly beat up cover over, opening to the first page, she stands silently. After reading the passage written there for a third time, she suddenly faces the Baron.
"They got it back? Oh thank you my lord, Thank you!" she exclaims, tears brimming on her eyes. She had been thinking and worrying about the book everyday in its absence, and was glad to get it back.

Arcran
2011-12-10, 09:42 PM
James listens to all of this with varying amusement and disdain. He was unsure about the druid; he didn’t mess with the natural order or anything like that, but what if he decided to let survival of the fittest take place? A certain chubby Halfling would be in trouble! The dwarf was a cleric of some kind; hopefully not one of those “Holier than though” types that grated his every nerve. Aurelius speaks his own language; gold, pure and simple. He’d have to be careful with him as most of the mercenaries he had worked with almost always wanted more than their cut. When Krusk spoke he had to work hard to contain his laughter. A dumb half-orc! Perfect. James had always needed a bodyguard. Just throw a few big words his way and he’d have the orc in some sort of contract. The wizard was intriguing, likely very useful in the long run, especially if she is skilled in crafting magic trinkets. Trinkets, gold, and food. Three of the most important things in life. The monk named Monk makes James give a small chuckle at the irony in the name. Hopefully this monk was different than the others he had encountered and enjoyed good cooking. The one named Emily had some story about bandits. Bandits means gold. He’d have to check in on that one.
James steps forward once more to speak. “Mi’lord, I would never dream of attempting to rob your guards. They are obviously of the highest quality,” he says. Not necessarily true, but it never hurts to stroke a few egos.

Katasi
2011-12-11, 08:53 AM
Arald laughs. "No, her husband is no wizard, just a simple chef." he replies. "And if you are sure she has intentionally brought about something evil, then use lethal force, otherwise try not to kill them." He smiles at Emily. "Your eagerness reminds me of myself when younger." he says "I got into a lot of trouble because of that."

"Welcome young minstrel he says to Casden." He says with a faint grin. "Feel free to chronicle the exploits of this little group." "You should thank them if you see them again." He says, turning to Christina as she takes the book. "I am merely the middle man in this case." He rolls his eyes as James speaks, clearly disbelieving. 'If everyone is ready, here is a map to their house." he says, holding out a piece of rolled parchment.

RCgothic
2011-12-11, 10:54 AM
Emily

I smile briefly at the baron's comment, then, judging myself the best person to do so, I step forward to take the map from the his outstretched hand. "I assure you lord, that should I find my father's killers I shan't cause trouble for your city's watch."

I give the map a cursory glance before turning to the others.

"All right then, all who're coming follow me."

I dismiss myself to the Baron, not wishing to appear rude in spite of my impatience, then start heading for the door.

Questing Beast
2011-12-11, 11:23 AM
Sylter

Stepping along with Emily, Sylter accepts her lead and raises it in a slight salute to Lord Arald before stepping out and asking general questions of the group, "Is there anything more we need to know or have to prepare for our journey?" Knowing that elves are quite ponderous at times he hopes to hustle them along a bit, "I myself am ready to leave once I collect my personal belongings, we can always discuss strategy upon the road since time seems to be rather important currently." Sylter eyeballs all the group members during his few sentences as he walks analyzing their capabilities, armaments and determining whom will need his aid in various ways whether it be healing, a strong arm or a friendly chat.

Gad that human lore-keeper seems youthful even for one of the young races, what was his name again; ah yes it was Casden. By Hanseath's axe I pray his father didn't let him off the farm before explaining the moles and the centipedes to the lad, he certainly can't afford for the elves to tell him of it. I suppose I'll have to talk to him latter, maybe we should stop and get a skin of ale to calm him in case he's the nervous sort. I'm sure we'll find a inn with a friendly staff where he can learn as we travel.

After mumbling to himself for a few seconds you overhear something about moles and centipedes, "I wouldn't mind a quick stop by a tavern to pick up a traveling skin of ale or two for the road. We may have some long discussions ahead of us for a few nights and long talks are thirsty work."

EternalMelon
2011-12-11, 11:34 AM
Christina

Realizing her outburst was most unpolite, she bows and says "Of course my lord, but It was by your hand In which I have lived, and by which they could trek out to recover our belongings, If they return here before I meet them, please give them my thanks"
Christina takes another bow, and follows her new companions out of the hall.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-11, 03:15 PM
Not being the most chatty of sorts, Daedalus gives an informal nod to the baron, before turning and following the fair-haired warrior and the others. He claps his thigh a few times, and on this, the wolf follows him out the door.

What an odd comment to give an elf. As if any elf has ever fired before a human, if it was not with full knowledge and consent. But it is as the highdruid says, the more money a human gets, the more everyone thinks he knows what he's talking about. Especially himself.

Daedalus shakes his head slightly and starts observing his new companions.

That amazon sure sounds headstrong. But is she can walk like she talks, I won't mind having her in front of me.
The fat hobbit, however, sounds every bit as bigheaded as he looks. He doesn't worry me nearly as much as the bard, though. If there is ever an animal that can get you killed in the wild, it's someone following you with a mandolin. And look how the wizard is clutching her spellbook, already as power-hungry as they come. She'd probably...
No. You're doing it again.
You've been here for less than a month, you can't keep judging people like that. Let's just say keep your mind open, and you'll see they're probably really nice people, that won't get you killed or anything. You'll see...

Looking like someone who just stepped in something nasty, Daedalus walks out into the noisy and smelly courtyard. He didn't get to look at the map, so with no clue about how far they are meant to go, he says:

Gather whatever items you need. We can meet at the city gate in a few hours. How many days on foot are we from the cottage?

Katasi
2011-12-11, 04:24 PM
"We are about a half a day from their cottage." Lord Arald says "And I have told you all you need to know, all that I know." He turns to Christina. "I will give them your thanks." he says.

RCgothic
2011-12-11, 04:55 PM
Emily

As I leave the hall, I do my best to answer... what was the dwarf's name again? Sylter? I do my best to answer his question, expecting that the answer will be passed on to the others, tucking some of my stray hairs behind my ears as I go.

"The cottage looks like it's only half a day away on foot. We should be able to make it before nightfall if we leave within the next [roll0] hours. If we all meet in 1 hour by the city gates, we can get going. That way everyone can grab their equipment, supplies, do some shopping or anything else. 1 hour."

Arcran
2011-12-11, 05:06 PM
"I guess I'm ready to go," James says. Ever since the fire he's kept everything he needs with him at all times.

Escheton
2011-12-11, 06:17 PM
Monk

Alert and in silence Monk follows the progression from assignment to departure.
As people spoke his mind flashed with forms and wondered if these warriors would adhere to them instinctively or if he would have to cover weaknesses in formation.

Without even a second delay between the intend to leave and arrival at the city gates, Monk takes up the lotus position and spends the better part of an hour in contemplation.

Kenji
2011-12-11, 08:24 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Aurelius sneered as Emily led the procession as if they were some sort of gullible simpletons. Although he's fair with everyone in general, hot-headed fools are certainly not his cup of tea. They lack natural elegance, show no respect for others and are inclined to promote more trouble than naught.

As the applicants gradually disperse, Aurelius bowed with much deliberation toward the Baron before leaving the room along with the others. Upon catching wind of the plan, he promptly chimed in amidst the ongoing conversation, 'I will be available at the tavern a few roads from the city gate, should the need arose before the appointed time.' Despite seemingly unconcerned, his disapproval of the plan was plain to the ears.

Noticing the dwarf's concern, Aurelius swiftly retorted out of a whim, 'Strategy? I'm pretty sure Miss Warrior here will make a pretty decent Knight in the Shining Armor. We can leave the vanguard to her and form an appropriate countermeasure after that.' Smirking, he prepared to make his leave before Casden's instrument caught his attention.

Without another moment of consideration, Aurelius voiced his opinion with much excitement, 'Given a second thought, I reckon I will spend the spare time appreciating our bard's fine talent for the instrument, if that's not too much of a burden for him.' Nodding thoughtfully to Casden, he waited expectantly for his approval. Undoubtedly, broadening his preference in artistic performance sounded much appealing for him compared to idling in some random tavern.

PsionicSheep
2011-12-11, 11:52 PM
Casden

After departing alongside the gaggle of vagrant vigilantes and tipping his hat in farewell to the ever-so-blunt Baron Arald, Casden bolted his way after his latest muses; eager to sing songs in their - and, perhaps more so, his own - name as a claim to fame. It's a jaunty step for Casden, eager to hit the trail in search of these missing souls, following alongside their impromptu female leader with a surprisingly upbeat smile as though he were some sort of lemming.

Or he would have, had Aurelius not off-handedly mentioned a passing interest in his own budding musicianship. This brings his already saucer-like eyes to an even more enthusiastically-engorged portion, the young fellow with the red hair smiling fervently at the elf's fine taste in musical talent.

"Sounds like a plan," exclaims the bardlette in response to Aurelius' tavern suggestion, quite placated with himself in an excitable sort of fashion that he'd been accepted to go along for the ride; at least by the Baron of Darrowdale, at any rate. "Plenty of time to share a few songs, and I'd love to hear some of those famed elven tunes from a real native! By all means, lead the way."

With a friendly saunter, the human songster strides side-by-side with his new comrade-in-arms, eager to set to his strings and, perhaps, learn a little something to add to his extensively improvised repertoire of artistically simplistic songs.

Arcran
2011-12-12, 12:33 AM
James, somewhat intrigued by this young bard, decides to follow as well. Covertly of course. See if his music is good and see what kind of folks the dwarf and the other are. There’s nothing malicious about it, simply attempting to find knowledge. Hopefully he’ll find out a little but about his new companions in arms, and if not a good drink and good music is always a good way to spend the night. James quickly begins to step behind, not necessarily trying to avoid being seen, more attempting to blend in with whatever crowds are left on this night.
Hide Check to avoid being seen:
[roll0]

RCgothic
2011-12-12, 06:11 AM
Emily

I glower at the impudent elf's retreating back, intensely irritated by seemingly being judged already. I turn to Sylter, who I've assessed as the most likely candidate for second in command.

"Barely out of the door, and already he's trying to stir up trouble between us! As you've said, we'll discuss strategy on the road. I have some ideas already based on what we know of each other so far, and I'd really appreciate your assessment as well. A lot will depend on what we find as we approach the cottage."

"Perhaps you'd like to go with them to the tavern? You can get your ale, and I trust you to make sure those two don't make themselves late."

AshesOfOld
2011-12-12, 10:07 AM
Daedalus

Fantastic. Daedalus thinks, rolling his eyes. They've known eachother for a good three minutes and they're already arguing. Civilisation at its finest.

Having everything he needs with him, he quickly moves to the city gate alongside the monk, longing to get out of the city as soon as possible. Seeing the monk take up resting inside the city gates, he quickly nods to him and gestures that he will be outside waiting.
Embraced by fresh air and the cold wind in his hair, he releases the wolf with a small gesture and watches it with a broad smile, as it rolls around in the thin layer of snow, scaring small birds up from their hiding places beneath the bushes.
He decides to wait for the warrior and whoever follows her to reach the gate.

Katasi
2011-12-12, 11:04 AM
Anyone looking easy finds a tavern, the Copper Goblet, just down the street from the town hall. Going in they see a well taken care of tavern room, a slightly pudgy woman mopping the wood floors and an outright round man serving drinks and stirring soup behind the bar. A young girl, plumply pretty, runs in and out of the back at their command. At this time of day only a couple of patrons are in, old men lounging around a table together. They seem to be discussing the weather.

PsionicSheep
2011-12-12, 02:06 PM
Casden

Stepping inwards to the Copper Goblet with a suddenly crestfallen appearance upon his visage, Casden is quite disappointed by the rabble littering the innards of the small tavern. Honestly, he was expecting something with a little more vim and vigor to it; but alas, given the hard times the people must truly have fallen upon, perhaps it was little more than wistful thinking on his part. Too long had he been spoiled by the cosmopolitan lifestyle since his departure from the family farm, accustomed more so now to the hustle-and-bustle of the brightly-lit cities than the rural dales he now found himself in the service of.

"Well, this is real cheery," mumbles the bard to the rest of the assembled adventurers near him, pushing aside a stray strand of hair from his face as he removed his dingy wide-brimmed hat. The lack of ambiance is all it takes to turn Casden's smile upside down. Taking charge for the moment and clearly in his element - his stage, one might even say - the human wriggles his pack free from between his shield and mandolin, dropping it with a thud to the ground as he plops into a chair near an empty table.

"So," Casden began in a tone rife with naive confidence as his smile returned with all due vengeance, unslinging his intricately detailed and equally beloved instrument from his back once more, turning a few of the dials at the end of the neck. "Any requests? A ballad? An anthem? Maybe a dwarven warchant or an epic about saving princesses? Those are always great for getting primed for a dangerous attempt at saving lives!"

Kenji
2011-12-12, 05:12 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Taking his seat opposite of Casden, Aurelius ordered a slice of bread along with a cup of water; out of courtesy as to not impede on the barkeeper's business, as he pondered on the wide selection given. Tapping his index finger softly on the firm table in random rhythm, his motion halted soon as the decision dawned in his mind.

'As the time is nigh that we are required to venture on a potentially dangerous mission to the wizard's cottage, I will certainly favor one which raised our morale; such as the epic of saving princesses within your vast collections. Although something less cliche will be highly appreciated.' Nodding approvingly with a soft smile, Aurelius eased himself as his ears readily perked itself for utmost pleasure in the imminent performance.

Amidst the tune soon to be plucked by the bard, Aurelius would occasionally allowed his hearing to wander within the tavern, to listen to the customers' view of the bard's talent for the fine art while subconsciously searching for any possible clues by those who comprehend the phrase 'wizard's cottage'.

Listen
[roll0]

PsionicSheep
2011-12-12, 11:15 PM
Casden

"Hum, hum, hum..." Casden pondered, scratching at his non-existent chin hairs as he considered his lengthy repertoire of overly-cliche' songs. After a moment of thought, Casden began to beam, an idea apparently having struck his (arguably airy) brain.

Another moment passes as the young bard tunes his instrument with care and affection, dropping the somewhat high pitch from his plucks to a more baritone fanfare. It was then, with the rich tones of a deep and boisterous strumming, that the red-maned bard began to ply his trade with all due bravado:

"~ There once was a town, by the shores of Da'Lay ~
~ Where a dragon did roam, and on people it preyed ~
~ Yet came a maiden of gold-flaxen hair ~
~ Who chased down the beast, 'cross hills to its lair ~"

"~ Here's to the lass, and her corn-colored head ~
~ Here's to the dragon, who ended up dead ~
~ Her blade it went in, and the dragon spewed flame ~
~ For her gods gave her strength, yet she took the fame ~"

"~ Now the lass was young, with a beau back home ~
~ But came to her words, and so it was told ~
~ She should take up the sword, and leave town that day ~
~ A dragon was coming that she soon must slay ~"

"~ Here's to the lass, and her dimpled round cheeks ~
~ Here's to the dragon, now a necklace of teeth ~
~ Her sword it drew blood, the dragon felt pain ~
~ For her gods gave her strength, yet she saved the day ~"

"~ Now the battle that day was as fierce as they come ~
~ The dragon fought hard, and the lass bravely swung ~
~ Till' a snap did sound from the sword as it struck ~
~ The dragon fell down; it had run out of luck ~"

"~ Here's to the lass, and her satin soft hands ~
~ Here's to the dragon, afraid of no man ~
~ Her weapon rang true, and the dragon felt strife ~
~ For her gods gave her strength, and blessed her this life ~"

"~ Returning a hero, the lass she was wed ~
~ And long years she pondered the life she had lead ~
~ But as she grew old, and her husband the beyond ~
~ She was grateful to the gods, whom had brightened her dawn ~"

As his tune came to an end, Casden (whom somewhere along the line had found himself atop the table) took an overly dramatic bow, content with the outcome of his somewhat impromptu song. Descending from the wooden furniture hastily lest the barkeep and his kin become cross with him, the young human returns to his seat, an eager-beaver grin affixed to his jaw.

"So? What'cha think?" he inquired quite earnestly, as if the ensuing answer was all that particularly mattered to him as he pushed another wayward strand of hair away from his face.

Kenji
2011-12-13, 03:08 AM
Aurelius Meitzen

Listening attentively to the prior performance, the tune lingered within his ears despite concluded moments ago. The otherwise everlasting rhythm came to an abrupt end as a single enthusiastic inquiry shattered the delusion. Startled by its suddenness, Aurelius hastily regathered his thought before commented with much confidence.

'That was a spectacular performance indeed. Never had I been given the opportunity to relish such fine piece of art ever since I left my native land.' Upon noticing even the slightest hint of a grin, Aurelius swiftly added, 'However, I do believe the contents will require some revision. After all, a poem of such caliber will truly reached its prime when it rhyme flawlessly.'

Sipping on whatever remains of his glass of water, he spoke with a nod, 'Nevertheless, your efforts alone truly make the performance to be worthwhile. For that, you have my deepest gratitude.' Humming lightheartedly to himself, he waited for the response with a wry smile. How ironic... is female warriors the norm nowadays? Should have stick with damsel in distress instead if I was told of the twist beforehand.

Arcran
2011-12-13, 09:59 AM
James takes a seat at the bar and slaps a gold down for a tankard of mead. Fortunately, he arrived just in time to hear the bard sing. The bard wasn’t the worst he had heard; in fact, he really was quite good for his age. The song may be simple, but it still brought a smile to James’s face. He may grow to like the bard. Keeping up the playing should keep his gold safe.. the Halfling thinks to himself, a small smile on his face. When his mead arrives he begins to slowly drink it. He does have an hour after all. May as well savor his mead.

niw18
2011-12-13, 11:38 AM
Krusk just walk in and looks around the bar he bows in respect to his singing, as it was very well song melody, looks around and sigh as a good bar fight would have been a good warm up for the mission but bar had hardly anyone in it. He noticed the plump halfling named James was drinking but he needed his skills later on so he was out. He would sit near table that had old people speaking of the weather. Krusk would just wait for them to finish before speaking out of respect to them. He would speak once they were a moment of pause amongst them "does any of you know anything of a wizard and his cottage home and maybe it's location for I have some business with him on a personal matter," he would state to them hoping maybe they have spoken to this wizard had some sort of contact with them.

Katasi
2011-12-13, 12:09 PM
The bartender's daughter cries out with glee as the bard finishes his song and shoots him a coy smile. Her mother scolds her and sends her running to the back with a flick of the broom. "I would ask that you stay off my clean table" she says with a sniff. Some of the old men clap appreciatively, on of them tossing him a couple coppers. The bartender rolls his eyes and gives James his mead, and a few silvers back as change.

One of the men nods at Krusk's question. "Go out of the east gates and it's down the road a bit." he says

PsionicSheep
2011-12-13, 03:10 PM
Casden

With a sheepish wave and a simple smile, Casden mimes a heartfelt apology for his outlandish antics. At least he'd earned the admiration of some of the locals; a feat in and of itself worth its weight in gold, as far as the young bard was concerned. Settling back down into his seat with a few jittery motions to adjust his clothing, returning his gaze to the elf by his side.

"I'll try and make it more rhyme-y next time then," concedes the songster, readjusting his instrument back to its traditional tune.

Questing Beast
2011-12-13, 05:02 PM
Sylter

Having followed the others to the tavern and listened diligently to the art the dwarf claps his hands a few times to give the lore-keeper his deserved praise. "Twas a decent song lad don't listen to the elf about how to remake it, other than wondering about the most important thing of all and why it would be left out I thought it was very promising." Tugging at his beard few times while pondering the obviously missed part of the tune, It was nice to hear of the slain beasty but what in the boulders happened to it's hoard of gold?

Sytler orders the two skins of ale and a quick mug then pays the barkeep. While storing the necessaries in his pack and drinking his healers ointment Sylter looks around to check and make sure nobody is getting to drowsy, "We'll I'd suggest that we clear out shortly. We have some gold to earn and the sooner we get started on the trail the sooner it can burn a hole in yer pockets." Raising the mug up in the air, "To an interesting venture to profits and to the lamentation of our enemies women!" Slugging down the remaining third of his drink then rapping the mug onto the bar he hoists his pack on and moves towards the door. Smiling to himself as he heads out, Well if they follow they follow if not then they can always catch up on the road.

RCgothic
2011-12-13, 05:17 PM
Emily

As the others head to the tavern, I return to my lodgings to collect my gear, still turning over what I've learned of the others so far in my head. Most of the group seemed eminently capable of taking care of themselves, though the bard, the halfling and the wizard in spite of their undoubted skills would probably need someone to watch their backs.

Having collected my belongings, I leave a small pile of silver for the innkeeper and head out into the town. I still have some time left, so I call briefly at the watch house and the civil authorities to enquire about the circumstances surrounding our mission before heading for the east gate with about ten minutes to spare, and where I find Monk and Daedalus already waiting.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-14, 11:04 AM
Having lost himself in play, Daedalus is startled when Emily and Monk walk out of the gate.
Has it already been an hour? These human time increments are so very tiny.

He strides towards them, the wolf walking behind him, happily wagging its tail.

Monk. And Emily, right? Did the others go to prepare? We're only going half a day, you should think they we're planning an expedition.

Daedalus is getting impatient now that the promise of open road and adventure is upon him. Though a tempered elf, he is still very young and eager to prove himself. And, like the wolf, he feels the beast within, growling. Unsure what to do, he continues:

Should we wait for them here? I suppose we could also leave a message with the city guard and go see if we can find more information from the locals near the cottage.

RCgothic
2011-12-14, 04:24 PM
Emily

I stroll up to the others with my kit bag hitched over one shoulder. I'm quite pleased with how my investigations, however brief, have gone so far. The people I'd talked to had been only too happy to tell me what they knew of what had been going on, and I feel I now have a better picture of the situation.

"The others decided to go to a tavern, but worry not - by my reckoning the hour is not yet up and I entrusted Sylter with ensuring they arrive on time."

I sling my pack and shield onto the ground by the side of the road, and make myself comfortable on a conveniently placed way-marker. Thus settled, I get on with relaying what I'd learned in my own preparations.

"On my way over from my lodgings I called in at a few places, and I think I've sounded out what the locals think about what's going on. The wizard's name is Andolyn, and is known for her potions and items. Her husband Gendrew is an experimental chef who sometimes incorporates his wife's enchantments into his dishes. Both appear well-liked by the local community, and nobody thinks they're deliberately responsible."

In fact, Andolyn may not even be around - she was overheard planning a trip to gather some rare spell components or some such. The locals seem to be of the opinion that this is more likely to be something that got out of hand whilst she was away than anything malicious."

Kenji
2011-12-14, 08:07 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

'I suppose we should make haste lest they decided to proceed without us.' After ensuring there was adequate arrows for his disposal, he addressed the bard with a meek grin, 'Casden... is it? Let's make this adventure worthy of being part of your collections.' Striding gallantly out of the tavern, Aurelius followed Sylter from behind, adjusting to his pace.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-14, 10:23 PM
Daedalus muses about what he's just heard.
Well, she may not be as much of a belligerent scrapper, than she first appeared. And who am I to talk. There you go, Dae, no reason to judge people on first impressions.

Out of town, you say? All the better. The count said she was popular, so if we can refer from slaying the witch, it's probably for the best.

Daedalus takes a piece of dried meat from his pack, and rips it in half with his teeth, giving the other half to his wolf.
He crouches and ruffles its fur before trying to strike up a conversation with the other two, mouth half full.

So, what brings you to Darrowdale?

PsionicSheep
2011-12-14, 11:40 PM
Casden

With a bereaved sigh that he must leave his adoring fans, the airy songster scooped up his meager possessions and re-affixing his instrument to his back beside his quaint amalgamation of armaments.

"Okay, okay. I've some things to pick-up real quick, and meet you at the gate... if, uh, you guys haven't left yet. I swear it won't take me long!" Casden hums back to the well-collected dwarf and his elven chum, adjusting his belongings so they aren't sticking him in the spine before donning his hat anew. Returning a friendly smile to the ensemble of individuals assembled within the tavern, Casden begins his stride out of the establishment. He stops only for a moment at the door, whirling around to face his would-be audience one last time.

"My thanks, fair patrons of this most illustrious tavern," the bard begins with an overly dramatic flair, confidence in his voice save for the iteration of the word 'illustrious,' with which he seems to struggle with in terms of its usage. "Once we've finished, I promise I'll return to perform a new tune just for you!"

With one final tip of his hat and a wistful smile, the red-haired human strode from the Copper Goblet with a discernibly palpable excitement. However, instead of treading alongside his would-be comrades, Casden veers back away as if towards the keep he and the others left just after meeting with the Lord of Darrowdale. Perhaps, in retrospect, he should have taken everything with him after leaving Arald's extravagantly-carved throne; but such is the whimsical way of Casden, often forgetting things and such. Nevertheless, returning to the seen of his indoctrination as a hero-for-hire (as it were), the red haired youth finds what he sought: a pair of (ig)noble steeds bound to a simple post, a wagon with a tarp above neatly affixed around their furry necks. After unbinding his asses from their would-be prison, the bard mounts up upon the wagon, taking the reins as he once more maneuvers his way back towards the gate.

No doubt the last to arrive given his detour via negligence, Casden pulls up to the group in traditionally tardy fashion atop his sparse little one-man caravan.

"Sorry, sorry!" he cries profusely, honest in his progressively late nature. "I just figured, you know, with the Baron saying the wizard and her husband's house was half a day away that... uh... walking would be miserable. But I'm here now, and all set to go, I swear!"

Escheton
2011-12-15, 01:44 AM
Monk

Feeling familiar eyes upon him, Monk finishes his meditative state and stands to greet Emily. To then pace around a bit towards the open road to adjust blood flow and the state of his leg muscles whilst breathing the air brought by a wilder wind. Which inadvertently draws Daedalus towards them.

"The King's summons have led me here",he answers in response to the druid's inquiry.

Questing Beast
2011-12-15, 06:58 AM
Sylter

Having arrived at the gate shortly (No dwarf jokes! :smalltongue: ) before Casden does he watches the youth pull up in his wagon and shakes his head ruefully, "I hope that contraption is for riding in and not just planning ahead for bring back bodies..." With that said he waits for permission to jump into the cargo area and ride along in some relative comfort.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-15, 07:10 AM
Daedalus gulps down the meat after softening it in his mouth. The monk's reply leaves him a bit stumped, but after coughing unnecessarily, he mutters:

Well, yes. That's... I guessed that. I was asking for the reason to why you chose this endeavour. But if you prefer to keep it to yourself, that's fine by me.

Geeze, the highdruid wasn't kidding when he told me about the monasteries of human lands. This guy is less talkative than Noe and he can't even speak.

Deciding it's best to help things along, Daedalus tries opening with something about himself.

I came here as part of my training. Many druids find their calling in protecting a designated territory, but only after a lot of experience. So I guess I should be excited to fight this unnatural mystery.

Escheton
2011-12-15, 10:12 AM
Monk

No...uhm...it's fine. It's just that it wasn't a choice.
Students of a ripe age are forced to answer to calls to arms and royal decree. After which they are no longer welcome as students and may not return until they are masters in their own right.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-15, 01:18 PM
Daedalus' curiosity is piqued by this information. He has never encountered an actual enforcement of law, other than nature's own and the secret guidelines of druids. Although prejudiced from elven upbringing, he has no real understanding of human society.

So you are here under orders? I didn't know the monasteries of this land answered to the king. So did you only just leave the monastery?

And what about you Emily, do you also follow a lord's command?

Katasi
2011-12-15, 05:54 PM
Everyone enjoys a quiet ride in the wagon through the sunny day. You arrive outside the cottage after a couple hours, to travel cut shorter by the wagon. The door is ajar and the front window seems broken out. There seems to be noone around.

Questing Beast
2011-12-16, 08:18 AM
Sylter

Opens his eyes as we are rolling up from the short nap he took on the way and double checks his equipment to make sure everything is in order, A dwarf can never be to safe with a self affirmed thief about. Once the wagon stops opens the buckboard and slides his arse off, "Why are places like this never quite as intimidating as you think they will be?" ((Are the windows broken in or out?)) Walking around the outside of the place to make sure nothing else is wrong Sylter does a visual scan of both the cottage and surroundings.

Spot [roll0]
Survival [roll1]

RCgothic
2011-12-16, 09:32 AM
Emily

I stiffen with anger at Daedalus' innocent question, reminded again of the reason I've come north. At least in the baron's interview I'd been expecting it.

"I've come to avenge my father, dead these three weeks by Arlanian bandits. Jobs like this are practice for when I find them."

As the others choose this moment to arrive, I go about repeating what I've already told Daedalus and Monk about the mission. Then once everyone is ready to leave I sling my pack into the wagon, choosing instead to walk at a brisk pace alongside the donkeys.

After a couple of hours, once my mood has lightened, I pull myself up alongside Casden and share some light conversation to pass the time.

When we arrive at the Cottage I jump down, and at the sight of the broken windows I draw my sword. I quickly analyse the situation. It seems likely that whatever has done this has already made off and we'll need to pick up the trail.

"Everyone spread out! We need to pick up any trails! Christina, James, you're with me. We're going to search the cottage for possible clues.

Search Check: [roll0]

Kenji
2011-12-16, 10:38 AM
Aurelius Meitzen

'Just... what are you expecting? It is an occupied residence until recently,' commented Aurelius upon hearing Sylter's peculiar remarks. As the series of commands were given, Aurelius could only shook his head in disappointment before leaving his seat of comfort. Should it be true that there's trespassers hijacking the abode, they would have instantly notice our presence from the exclamation.

With a half-hearted gaze at the prominent cottage, Aurelius proceeded to sneak around the compound and learn more of the unfamiliar surrounding.

Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]
Sneaking around the compound in a counter-clockwise arc while closing himself to the wall for cover.

Spot
[roll2]
Listen
[roll3]
Attempting to detect possible hostile creature.

Search
[roll4]
Attempting to locate hidden door/rear entrance into the cottage.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-16, 11:27 AM
Seeing the emotion behind Emily's response, Daedalus starts to think up an appropriate response, but at the same time the others show up, silencing his reply.
During the short trip, he walks by the edge of the road, letting Noe run free in the bushes nearby. When they near the cottage he gives a short whistle, calling the wolf to him.

Alright Noe, let's look for trouble.

Daedalus strings his bow and points the wolf to the ground, to let it start sniffing around. He follows the wolf closely with a sharp eye on the surroundings.

Dae:
Listen, anything unusual [roll0]
Spot, anything unusual [roll1]
Search, looking for tracks and hidden doors [roll2]
Survival, looking for tracks [roll3]

Noe:
Survival (scent), tracks and trace smells [roll4]

Katasi
2011-12-16, 12:48 PM
Anyone attempting a listen check:

DC:15
You hear a slight banging around inside

Anyone attempting a spot check:

DC:10
You notice that the windows are broken from the inside

DC: 20
You notice from the corner of your eye a slight movement from within the door.

Those attempting search checks:

DC: 10
You find several pieces of what appears to have once been dinnerware, mostly cups.

DC: 15
The cups are a good distance from the house and must have been flung with some force

Those attempting survival checks:

DC:15
There appears to be no unusual tracks around, in fact the only tracks besides small animals are clearly a couple days old at least.

Scent:
The wolf catches an odd scent, but can't seem to make any sense of it.

PsionicSheep
2011-12-16, 12:49 PM
Casden

Mostly oblivious to the prior conversation up until the recap, the ever-energetic bard was all too pleased to saddle up his compatriots atop his sturdy wagon affixed to his marvelous asses. The short sojourn on his part was mostly spent cradling the beasts of burden, nudging them along at a brisk pace towards their intended destination as he hummed a jaunty (although perhaps inappropriate) tune along the way.

As they reach their intended destination, the Songster of Springhollow pulls the impromptu carriage rife with a menagerie of would-be-heroes to a stop near a nice grassy spot, content to give his furry friends a break and some well-deserved food. A flurry of activity ensues as orders are barked and the passengers disembark, Casden again is the last to do so; obviously cursed by some sort of lethargy or perpetual tardiness.

"Aww, man..." decries the red-haired boy, now thoroughly distraught as everyone else sets to their own little agenda. Unsure of what exactly to look for in terms of a trail, and not specifically bade to investigate the home, the bard is left a-wonderin' as to what he should be doing. After a long moment of pondering, Casden thought it more prudent to simply stay where he was; after all, what if he accidentally stepped in some kind of clue? While curious and concerned for the wizard and her lesser half, even Casden knew better than to go snooping around where he ought not... at least for the moment, at any rate.

Content to let the others do their own little thing, the wiry youth remained atop his wagon, every now and then peering hither into the abode for signs of life.

Casden'll remain stationary for the moment, lest he accidentally probably do something stupid :p

Spot Check towards the Window for Signs of Life: [roll0]

RCgothic
2011-12-16, 01:13 PM
Emily

As I approach the cottage, I notice various bits of crockery strewn about. Hmmm, that's weird. Why would all this stuff be out here? I try to think of an answer, but with none coming I continue towards the front door. I keep alert for unusual sound or movement, but I don't detect anything.

Questing Beast
2011-12-17, 10:03 AM
Sylter

After a quick circle of the house and not finding anything worthwhile Sylter decides to follow Emily and check inside, "Someone may need our help and there's no use hanging out here if something inside can lead us to them."

AshesOfOld
2011-12-18, 11:31 AM
Quiet!, Daedalus barks. Don't you hear that? he continues in a low voice.

There someone, or something, inside. Sounds like... rummaging. Maybe. Would you warriors care to take a closer look? And be at a ready. Whatever's in there, might come out swinging.

He places himself twenty paces from the door, and nocks an arrow on the bow, then waits for the others to get into position.

Kenji
2011-12-18, 11:57 AM
Aurelius Meitzen

Noticing the moving figure, Aurelius slipped toward the front window, wary not to alert the inhabitant. Once within arm length, he stealthily took a peek inside to determine who was within.

Move Silently
[roll0]
Hide
[roll1]
Sneaking toward the front window before taking a look within.

Spot
[roll2]
Attempting to discern the inhabitant within the cottage

RCgothic
2011-12-18, 12:41 PM
Emily

I may not have detected anything myself, but I heed Daedalus' warning, I take up position in a ready stance directly in front of the cottage door.

This doesn't make any sense. Why would anyone still be in the cottage after ransacking it so thoroughly? Let's think about this. Andolyn does potions, but may have left on a trip to find ingredients. Gendrew has disappeared, and in his place there have been disturbing sights and sounds. Andolyn well known as a very caring person. Surely not?

"I have an idea about what might be going on here!" I tell the others, "Use no lethal force!"

I relax my ready position slightly, taking on a stance that I hope projects legitimate authority. Addressing the shadows in the doorway, I call out in my most authoritative voice:

"In the name of the baron, we are here to investigate the disappearance of the Wizard Andolyn and the Chef Gendrew! Reveal yourself!"

Katasi
2011-12-18, 02:29 PM
Emily receives no answer. The group begins to move inside, one by one, weapons ready. They enter a the first room of the house, which appears to be a sitting or living room. This cozy room has a large sofa and an overstuffed chair facing a fireplace in one corner. A small reading table sits next to a window. A book lies open on the table. Archways open to a dinning room on one side and a hall on the other.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-18, 03:05 PM
Daedalus follows the others, keen ears on stalks, arrow at the ready. His eyes scan the room for dangers, even looking at the ceiling and under the furniture. He takes a quick glance at the book on the table before moving towards the dining room archway. Noe is still at his side, looking slightly anxious.

Something's not right here, he mutters to himself.

Listen [roll0]
search [roll1]
spot [roll2]

Katasi
2011-12-18, 05:32 PM
As Daedalus nears the book it slams itself shut.

RCgothic
2011-12-18, 05:39 PM
Emily

I ignore the curious book for now - a wizard's house is sure to contain some curious things after all - and move through to the next room, on my guard.

Search:[roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Katasi
2011-12-18, 06:04 PM
As Emily walks to the doorway to the next room the fire poker leaps into the air and flies at her. It hits her armor with a resounding ding.

For Emily:
You hear low noises coming from both upstairs and down. Down the hall you can see stairs leading up, but there is no sign of stairs down yet.

Questing Beast
2011-12-19, 11:59 AM
Sylter

Walking in behind Emily and Daedalus chuckles as the book moves of it's own accord, Heh the banger here has an odd sense of humor hopefully she and her mate are all right. Looking around to see if anything sticks out he jumps back a step and raises the shield when the poker flies and hits Emily, "Begorrah!" Gripping his morning star tightly Sytler prepares to parry the poker, "Is this a funny joke or is it the first of the defenses in this house I wonder?"

AshesOfOld
2011-12-19, 03:05 PM
As the book shuts, Daedalus almost fires upon it in surprise.
By the gods, I really hate mages. I had better change to melee, this bow won't help me much in here.
Just as he draws his scimitar, the poker bounces off of Emily's armor.

Gah!

Shocked and unsure what to do, Daedalus is starting to feel anger swelling up inside. The only thing calming him is the wolf showing the same signs, snarling and baring its teeth.
No, I gotta show my calm, or he'll fly off the handle.
Grapping on to Noe's fur, Daedalus quells his emotions and adresses the others.

What is going on here? Defense mechanisms? Do we attack it or what?

RCgothic
2011-12-19, 04:11 PM
Emily

I think I can hear noises coming from other levels. The momentary lapse of concentration this causes allows the poker to bounce off my armour. I scowl in annoyance at it. I'm not sure if it will try that again, but I attempt to swat it with my sword anyway as I move to the foot of the stairs I can see in the hall.

Standard action fighting defensively:
Attack: [roll0]
Critical confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Move action to bottom of stairs.
Listen: [roll3]
Spot: [roll4]

Kenji
2011-12-20, 04:35 AM
Aurelius Meitzen

Aurelius grinned gleefully by how alert the others became after the disturbance by the supposedly inanimate object. As Daedelus state his confusion, Aurelius replied softly while his smile seemingly widened by the humorous inquiry, 'I sincerely doubt we could fend for ourselves by randomly attacking the objects without discrimination. Furthermore, the owners would certainly held us in disdain for destroying their properties although it's for self-defense, don't you agree?'

Following closely behind them in silence, Aurelius spoke again once they decided to ascend the staircase. 'I will remain on this floor and briefly check the rooms here before rejoining you all. After all, I doubt the upper floors could accommodate all of us comfortably and movement would be restricting.' Staying long enough to listen to their responds, Aurelius backtracked to the dining room and started searching from there.

Search
Take 10 (18) on all the rooms in the first floor.

Listen
[roll0]
Listening for any peculiar sounds throughout the search.

Questing Beast
2011-12-20, 09:21 AM
Sytler

Looking back at the snarky elf who evidently thinks all of his commentary is witty, "Good thought elf, run along and check the other rooms for more animated objects so that the things will not brain any important. Try not to steal anything because I am sure the owners would find that more disrespectful that breaking a fireplace poker." Fool, so far as I can tell he embodies everything my people find wrong with elves. Maybe my elders we not wrong in all their views of the world outside the holds.

Escheton
2011-12-20, 10:24 AM
Monk

Calm, silent and curious, Monk keeps a low profile, having the tendency to comment and question beaten out of him at an early age.
Quick on his feet however he ascends the stairs with a light tread.
Checking rooms in a clockwise fashion.

Move Silently
[roll0]
Spot
[roll1]
Listen
[roll2]

Katasi
2011-12-20, 11:31 AM
Emily manages to slice through the poker, which falls lifeless to the ground. Meanwhile the curtain draw cord leaps from its place and tries to wrap around Sylter. It fails, falling short.

For Monk and anyone else going upstairs

A large bed dominates this room. Along one wall are bookshelves above a writing desk. Half-open doors lead to a wardrobe and a water-closet respectively. A blood, battered man lies sprawling across the bed, tied at the wrist and ankles. A small bat-winged humanoid creature is perched on the desk, idly tearing books to pieces.

Initiatives please

For Aurelius and anyone staying with him on the main floor

This fine dining room has a table set for two (though it could hold up to four). A large picture window provides a view of the trees outside. Archways lead to the sitting room and the kitchen.

Kenji
2011-12-20, 12:53 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Smirking at Sytler's remark, Aurelius nimbly paced back into the dining room before initiating a rather courteous search. Deeming his search unfruitful after allocating an adequate amount of time, he proceeded to intrude upon the kitchen before examining for anything peculiar as well.

Search
Take 10 (18) on kitchen.

Listen
[roll0]
Attempting to hear any peculiar disturbance.

Katasi
2011-12-20, 02:08 PM
Kitchen for anyone going in there:

This well-appointed kitchen looks like a disaster area. Pots and pans are strewn about, broken crockery lies scattered on the floor, and ingredients of all kinds are spattered on the walls. A door (presumably leading to the basement) has a chair propped in front of it, holding it closed. The air in this room is warmer than elsewhere in the cottage.

RCgothic
2011-12-20, 06:21 PM
Emily

My fighter's instincts are exquisitely honed, and I'm pretty sure that creature is up to no good. I briefly consider using my sword against it, but decide I'd rather have answers. Launching myself across the room at the creature, I attempt to pin it beneath my greater bulk.

My initiative, rolled OOC, is 19.

Charge at creature.
Attempt grapple vs touch AC: [roll0] If I go first, creature is additionally flat footed (size modifier and deflection bonus only).

Tiny creatures have no reach, so I shouldn't provoke AoO, and even if I do the creature should be flat footed, but just in case my AC is 17 this round.

Grapple check: [roll1]

Non-lethal unarmed damage: [roll2]

Questing Beast
2011-12-21, 06:40 AM
Sylter

Sylter looks at the foul creature not quite catching on for a few seconds that it most likely doesn't belong here yet still trying to figure out what it is, "Ack, foul beastie!" Watching Emily practically leap across the room the grab at the creature he starts processing what he is seeing.

Sylter wants to determine what the creature is (Planes, Arcana & Religion are trained at +1):
Knowledge: [roll0]

AshesOfOld
2011-12-21, 04:20 PM
Daedalus follows the dwarf cautiously but seeing Emily pounce at the nightmarish creature, his blood starts pumping quicker. He closes up on the creature quickly, but, not wanting to hurt Emily, he awaits the reaction of the miscreant demon should it escape her grasp. He shouts Stay! to Noe before it follows him across the room.

Move then ready attack with Scimitar (if the creature attacks/casts spll. If the creature successfully escapes, attack with nonlethal dmg).

Initiative: [roll0]

Readied attack: [roll1] (-4 if nonlethal)
if needed, confirm crit: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3] (crit 18-20/x2)

niw18
2011-12-22, 01:44 PM
Krusk would follow behind the others watching their flank in case of any trouble that might decide to attack them from behind. Krusk heard low barks of Daedalus and gripped his weapon ready to be bathed in blood of whatever may be there.

Krusk moved into the cottage looking in every direction but also trying spot any tracks the person that was believed to be in this room. Krusk would slowly walk to the kitchen, enter into the kitchen, and go towards the kitchen door and try listen to see what hear is on the other side of it. Krusk had a bad feeling that this was a trap.

listen at the door with chair in kitchen [roll0]

Katasi
2011-12-27, 07:14 PM
Daedalus
Emily
Creature
Monk
Sylter

Emily rushes at the creature, which is facing away from the door. It fails to notice her coming, but it's barbed tail sways behind it. As Emily rushes toward it the tail ends up smacking into a chink in her armor, the barbed spine slipping into her skin. Daedalus slams his weapon down on it's head, but it seems almost unaffected. The creature shakes it's head and mutters a word in a foul sounding language, before disappearing before everyone's eyes.

[Emily take 3 damage]

Questing Beast
2011-12-28, 01:58 PM
Sylter

"I think tha beasty may be an Imp. Try silver ta kill it if ye have some, it no be liking the stuff."

Escheton
2011-12-28, 08:11 PM
Monk

Monk attempts to maneuver to the spot the creature was in a path that eliminates as many possible new locations as possible.
To then punch the creature. Provided it is in it's original location or he crossed paths with it.

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]
Miss-chance (blind-fight)
[roll2], [roll3]

AshesOfOld
2011-12-29, 10:42 AM
Daedalus

Where did it go?

The excitement has Daedalus on his toes, he almost feels the air vibrating around him, as the shock of the imp's sudden outburst courses through his system.

You alright, Emily? Is it poisonous?

Daedalus moves backwards to the wolf as he speaks, poking gently at the air to keep the perhaps invisible assailant at bay.

Noe, where did it go? Do you smell it, Noe? Find it! Find it!

As the attentive wolf starts sniffing, Daedalus tries to close off other sounds and the blood rushing to his ears, to locate the telltale sound of flapping wings.

Noe - Scent [roll0]
Daedalus - Listen [roll1]

Kenji
2011-12-29, 04:41 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Slightly hesitating, Aurelius searched the kitchen briefly for any object capable of illumination before removing the chair from it's previous position. Drawing his bow and an arrow swiftly readied, he cautiously entered the basement while attempting to discern any suspicious sounds.

Katasi
2011-12-29, 05:10 PM
As Aurelius searches the kitchen the fire literally jumps out of the stove and rushes at him.

[initiatives please]

Kenji
2011-12-31, 12:54 AM
Aurelius Meitzen

Flinching in surprise, Aurelius quickly maneuvered himself to avoid the incoming projectile. 'Everyone, en garde!'

Initiative Roll
[roll0]

Round 1
Move Action
Drawing my longbow

Standard Action
Total Defense: +4 to AC [20]

Alternatively,
Reflex Save
[roll1]

niw18
2012-01-02, 11:57 AM
krusk after a bit hears something down in the basement and looks to the others and watches As aurelius goes towards the basement that the sound came from. He then had noticed a stove come to life, hears someone say on guard, and quickly grabs for his ax and move in to attack.

initiative roll

[roll0]

Round 1
Move Action
Drawing my great ax

move action
move to be closer to attack

RCgothic
2012-01-02, 12:26 PM
Emily

I curse quietly to myself as the creature gets away. I had it! I know I had it!. Recovering quickly, I realise we have to stop it escaping.

"Close the door! Quickly! Before it gets away!"

I stand still, senses on the alert ready to attack at the slightest sound.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Attacking (if me or anyone else locates it): [roll2]
Critical Confirm: [roll3]
Non-lethal damage: [roll4]

Arcran
2012-01-02, 12:53 PM
James starts as the stove comes to life. He had been marveling at the mess in the kitchen up until this point, and was honestly quite astounded. Who could work in this mess! It was terrible. The poor wizard probably got sick from these dirty dishes or something. The wizards husband better not call himself a cook, for no true cook would leave a kitchen like this. James absent mindedly started cleaning the kitchen, trying to make it passable.
Before James was even able to begin to clear stuff off, the oven monster leaped out. Truly the thing was fascinating, a creature made entirely of fire? Truly amazing. James would need to get himself one of those. A moveable stove could be quite useful. But all he says aloud is, “What is that thing! Can we hurt it? Its fire!” Then he realized something. Fire. Kitchen. Kitchens have water. Water puts out fires. “Buy me a few seconds!” he shouts, desperately looking around for a bucket with water in it. It doesn’t even have to be water, soup or something else could work as well he thinks to himself, searching the kitchen.
Rollin’
Initiative: [roll0]
Search (for water): [roll1]
Actions: Speaking- Free
Searching- Full round action
If I do find a bucket I’ll take a five foot step towards it.

AshesOfOld
2012-01-02, 02:44 PM
Daedalus

Accepting Emily's shouts as a sign of her being alright, Daedalus flies for the door and slams it closed.

Is this such a smart idea? I mean, can we kill the thing?

Out of his element, Daedalus finds himself talking a lot more than usual. With no help from the wolf, he swings his curved blade in long broad varying strokes, to try and keep the thing at bay.
I don't like this one bit. By the circle, I hate wizards. What did the dwarf say, silver? His accent is so thick, I can't understand half of what he's spitting.

Daedalus starts looking around, hoping to find a silver knife or something similar, his long ears standing straight like a deer catching an upwind.

Listen [roll0]
Search [roll1]

Katasi
2012-01-06, 05:02 PM
Kitchen:

Initiative Order:
Aurelius
Elemental
James
Krusk

Bedroom:
Everyone spends several seconds searching the room. While they are looking for it they notice some of the blood spots on the walls are actually pizza sauce. Suddenly the creature bursts to visibility, jabbing it's stinger toward's Emily's thigh, but it slips along the side, missing.

RCgothic
2012-01-06, 06:09 PM
Emily

This time I'm in no mood for nonsense! I slash at the creature without delay!
Attack: [roll0]
Critical confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

AshesOfOld
2012-01-08, 03:21 PM
Daedalus

Swiftly rummaging through the room, Daedalus is shocked when the imp suddenly reappears and stabs at Emily with its frighteningly sharp tail. In the corner of his eye appears a sudden glint of silver, and without thinking, he grabs at the object before rushing at the imp a second time, only to realize that it's not a dagger, but a long candle-holder.

Oh, for the love of... Is this what you meant?
He yells at the dwarf, before striking the imp, for better or for worse.

Improvised weapon -4 att., dmg. is up to the DM.
att. [roll0]
possible crit confirm[roll1]
dmg 1d?+2

Questing Beast
2012-01-08, 03:36 PM
Sylter

Not actually sure if the candlestick is better than nothing Sylter shrugs as he bellows out a blessing for travels to increase everyone's chance of striking the creature, "May your arm strike true and your gold shine brightly forever!" Sylter then moves to distract the creature from another direction.

-{{BLESS}} - 50' radius - Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
-Attempting to flank the imp.

Escheton
2012-01-10, 07:09 PM
Monk

Seeing the creature reappear, Monk quickly jumps to action. Charging the thing with the intend to stop him dead in his tracks with a ki empowered strike.

Attack roll [roll0]

Damage roll[roll1]

Stunning fist, dc 13 fort

Kenji
2012-01-11, 01:58 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Noticing the fairly dawdling movement of the fire, Aurelius instantaneously unleash an arrow to lure him away from James; though doubtful he may of its effectiveness. 'Let's hope this work...'

Round 1
Move Action
Draw Longbow

Standard Action
Attack Roll: [roll0] [14]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Critical Attack Roll: [roll2] [14]
Critical Damage Roll: [roll3]
Edit: It's 1d20+6 rather than +5

Katasi
2012-02-03, 03:22 PM
Bedroom:
Emily and Daedalus both miss, Emily's weapon sliding past it's left side and Daedalus's candlestand going well over it's head. Monk manages to duck in and punch it, but it shakes off the stunning effect and ducks around him.

Kitchen:
Aurelius fires at the elemental, but his arrow slams into the wood beside it. It rushes at him and attacks back, it's flames narrowly missing his leg.

Arcran
2012-02-03, 05:52 PM
James races across the room towards the bucket of water, desperately hoping this will work.
All actions: Run to bucket and pick up if possible.

AshesOfOld
2012-02-03, 06:08 PM
Daedalus

Daedalus realizes too late that his weapon is in no way sharp, but a blunt candle-holder. The awkward movement of changing a jab to a swing not only misses wildly, but almost brings him off balance, leaving him at an odd position.

Not one to linger on past mistakes, however, Daedalus quickly reestablishes balance, and moves to flank the imp, before giving a second swing at it.
You're mine now, demon, he hisses between his teeth as he lunges at it, candle-holder glinting in his hand, this time determined to crack it's foul head open like a walnut.

5 ft step and attack. -4 improvised weap., +1 blessing, silver
att: [roll0]
possible crit confirm: [roll1]
dmg: [roll2]

Kenji
2012-02-03, 09:39 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Aurelius grumbled as his arrow flew through the elemental, though the fact that it almost singed him did little to sate his unease. Well knowing James was frantically searching for a solution, Aurelius prepared himself to dodge the subsequent strike while proceeding with his attempt to lure it's attention away from James.

Round 2
Move Action
None

Standard Action
Total Defense: +4 to AC [20]

Questing Beast
2012-02-03, 09:45 PM
Sylter

Realizing that he won't be able to take the creature down himself Sylter attempts to flank and distract it by swinging his war-hammer wildly around in it's vicinity.

Aid Another[roll0]
Flank for whomever it will effect and +2 attack if I beat the DC 10 for Daedalus.

Katasi
2012-02-07, 08:47 AM
Kitchen:
The Elemental screams with pain as James' water hits it. No real damage appears to be done though.

Bedroom
Working together Sylter and Daedalus drive the creature into the swing of the candleholder. It mutters a foul curse as the silver burns it, leaving a large wound in it's side.

RCgothic
2012-02-07, 12:06 PM
Emily

I try again to grab the thing, determined to take it captive!

Grapple:
AC vs AoO: AC19,T13,FF16
Melee Touch Attack: [roll0]
Grapple check: [roll1]
Unarmed non-lethal damage: [roll2]

Katasi
2012-02-07, 01:08 PM
Bedroom:
The creatures tail flows toward Emily as she tries to come in for her grapple, but it misses, going over her shoulder, and she grabs it. It tries to get away, but fails as she holds tight. It flails around trying to stab her with it's tail but fails again, it's tail bouncing off her armor.

Escheton
2012-02-08, 12:43 AM
Monk

Monk joins the grapple and attempts to deal non-lethal damage to the creature.

melee touch attack[roll0]
grapple check [roll1]
damage roll [roll2]

Katasi
2012-02-11, 02:52 PM
Bedroom:
Monk tries to grab at the creature but misses, his arms flailing wildly in the air in front of Emily's face.

RCgothic
2012-02-12, 10:47 AM
Emily

I fight to restrain the struggling imp, flinching slightly as Monk attempts a grab as well.
"Just hit it! It can't wriggle so much whilst I'm holding it!"
Attempt to pin the Imp.
I need to move into its space (no AoO).
Grapple roll: [roll0] (Imp has -8 for being tiny)
AC19, Touch13, FF16

Imp now loses Dexterity to AC and has an additional -4 to AC for being pinned (It can't beat my roll).

AshesOfOld
2012-02-14, 06:56 AM
Daedalus

As Emily grabs the imp and holds it down, Daedalus tries his best to align the candle-holder to strike at the imp's skull, in spite of the monk's flailing arms.
You got it! his reply to Emily rings out as the candle-holder flies down to end the imp's existence.

-4 improvised weap., +1 blessing, silver
Att: [roll0]
possible confirm crit: [roll1]
dmg: [roll2]

Escheton
2012-02-14, 04:37 PM
Monk

Finding it most difficult to find an angle to engage the creature that does not involve psychical contact with the lady currently trying to pin it, Monk too finds it best to knock the creature out with direct force. However, a thought occurred to him.

"What are you, and what are you doing here?"

Katasi
2012-02-15, 10:43 PM
Bedroom:
Daedelus attempts to attack the creature but his candlestick bounces harmlessly off the floor next to it's head. Meanwhile Emily tightens her grip on it. It struggles but can't get away. When monk asks his question it croaks "Release me and I will tell you"

Escheton
2012-02-16, 06:17 AM
"We both know it does not work that way. Now don't make me beat it out of you."

Readied attack (subdual) for when he does not become more forward
[roll0]
dmg
[roll1]

RCgothic
2012-02-16, 12:11 PM
Emily

I flinch as my companions' attacks nearly take my head off.

"A little more controlled please! Perhaps one of you could help the guy on the bed?"

I continue to make sure the Imp's pinned, but I do see the advantage of negotiating.

"That's not much incentive for him to co-operate, Monk!"

"Ok Imp, listen closely. The only way you're getting out of this room alive is if you do exactly what we say. Cooperate, and I swear on my father's memory I won't allow any harm to come to you from myself or my companions. Resist even a little and we'll kill you instantly."

I pause slightly to let that sink in.

"Now tell us, why are you here and what were you looking for?"

Grapple check to keep pinned: [roll0] (Imp is -8)

Readied attack if it shows even a hint of resistance.

AshesOfOld
2012-02-16, 03:05 PM
Daedalus almost drops the impromptu club, as it bounces off the floor, reverberating in his hand from the impact.
The lame effort, no doubt caused by his weakened concentration, leaves Daedalus red from ear to ear.
Realizing he might do more good at the bed, he moves over to analyze the situation.

If the man is injured, I attempt a healing check to stabilize or cure him: [roll0]
If the imp decides to get physical again, I launch back to strike it.
att. [roll1]
poss. crit: [roll2]
dmg. [roll3]

Kenji
2012-02-17, 11:07 AM
Aurelius Meitzen

While the flame continued to writhe in agony, Aurelius fumbled for the waterskin before hastily releasing it. En route toward the elemental, he nimbly dashed for the basement door. 'Unless someone has a better idea, I'm going ahead first.'

Round 3
Standard Action
Throwing the waterskin toward the elemental, taken as splash weapon
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Direction when miss [roll1]

Move Action
Moving toward the Basement Door, entering if unlocked.

Katasi
2012-02-17, 01:29 PM
Bedroom:
Under Emily's grasp the creature laughs. "Hah! A binding contract!" it says "I'm here because of the wizard! Now release me." As Daedalus looks over the man it's clear he is in serious pain but has no potentially fatal injuries. He applies bandages to various cuts and other signs of serious torture.

Kitchen:
As Aurelius opens the door a large humanoid shape seemingly made of breed and dripping red liquid burst through into the kitchen.

RCgothic
2012-02-17, 03:08 PM
Emily

"I said nothing about releasing you. If you're completely helpful then we won't kill you. I'm going to need a lot more than 'I'm here for the wizard.' Why were you here for the wizard? Who sent you? We may have more questions as we think of them. Don't try and escape, it won't end well for you."

I turn to my two companions.

"Has anyone got any rope? I'd like to make our captive more secure."

Questing Beast
2012-02-17, 08:55 PM
Sylter

Sylter also checks on the man laying atop the bed and while doing so he pulls a sheet off of the bed and tosses it to monk, "Help her out tying that wee beasty up, make sure it's tight." Looking at Emily, "Don't be promising that creature anything unless you can keep that promise. Especially don't promise anything when it comes to what I may or may not do, creatures like that one canna be set loose and it knows the fact. I be willing to give it lots of pain or give it less pain depending on what it tells us and that be it. It's a bane on this world and I will remove it one way or another."

Trying to determine what is effecting the man other than wounds. I'll bind the wounds once I can determine what needs to be done.
To see whats wrong: [roll0]
To bind wounds: [roll1]

RCgothic
2012-02-18, 04:42 AM
Emily
I realise my hair has fallen slightly across my face, but there's nothing I can do about that whilst needing both hands to hold down the Imp. On hearing Sylter's objection I look up at I look up at him through the loose strands and give him a reassuring smile.
"Sylter, I hope you can trust me when I say that I know what I'm doing. I've made the promise now anyway, and I keep my promises. I won't allow any harm to come to it from any member of the group as long as it remains utterly helpful."

Questing Beast
2012-02-18, 08:07 AM
Sylter

"Very well human I shall go along with you this time but I suggest your next binding contract have an except for Sylter Bestblade clause." He then goes back to checking on the man on the bed.

Escheton
2012-02-18, 01:46 PM
"I cannot bind this creature. It would harm it's freedom.
Which by my reasoning would void the memory."

RCgothic
2012-02-19, 11:18 AM
Emily

I roll my eyes at Monk, who only a moment before had been trying to kill the thing.
"Daedalus, could I have a hand please?"

AshesOfOld
2012-02-20, 04:52 AM
Daedalus
Daedalus finishes off the bandages, and proceeds to rip a sheet into long thick strands, before closing in on the beast.

I have no objection. Let us ensnare this demon, and see what we might learn from it's clefted tongue.

Use rope to tie the imp with sheets. Can I take 20? (20+3)
If not, then
[roll0]

Kenji
2012-02-20, 12:27 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Uncertain over the sudden appearance of the abnormality, Aurelius took a sideways glance into the basement and attempted to discern possible silhouettes amidst the brewing chaos. Should he noticed anything worthwhile, he will drew his knife while (presumably) descending the staircase slowly until he could not proceed further without being engulfed by the darkness.

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]
To discern possible occupants of the house within the basement. Should Aurelius neither see nor hear anything from within, assume he draw his longbow instead and poked at the ginger bread man to determine it's allegiance and intelligence.

On a side note, what are the flame thingy doing currently?

Katasi
2012-02-21, 05:44 PM
Bedroom:
The creature struggles as it is bound. "I will have your souls!" I yells in desperation.

Kitchen:
The bread creature lurches forward, heat radiating from it as red sauce drips over the floor. The fire elemental cowers in the stove.

AshesOfOld
2012-02-22, 12:50 PM
Daedalus
Not good enough.

Daedalus holds the candle-holder close in front of the imp's face.

You didn't like getting this in your ribs. Imagine how it'll feel shoved down your throat.

Now answer the lady's question.

Katasi
2012-02-22, 06:32 PM
Bedroom:
"Kill me then." It laughs.

Questing Beast
2012-02-22, 06:58 PM
Sylter

"Oho, beastie you now wish to die to be sent back to yer hell? I think not! Now that I have agreed to allow ye to live I'll draw a circle against yer escape and leave ya here for his wife the Witch. Let us see what she shall do to ye eh?"

Looking at the candlestick in Daedalus's hand, "Give him a whack with that boy and let him have a small taste of what she will do to him and his pointy tail. More than likely she'll have his true name from him within minutes and be able to destroy him over and over again for decades."

Katasi
2012-02-23, 12:22 PM
Bedroom:
"Gah!" the creature growls, starting to pull harder at the restraints. "I will have my freedom!"

RCgothic
2012-02-23, 04:51 PM
Emily

I sigh as the Imp continues to resist. We've wasted enough time on this now. I strike repeatedly on the head with the pommel of my sword until it's unconscious.

"Perhaps if we hand it over to the Baron he'll have someone who's better at interrogation than we are."

I turn my attention back to the man on the bed, ensuring that he's unbound and ungagged. "Are you OK sir? Am I right in assuming you to be Gendrew, husband of Andolyn?"

Katasi
2012-02-23, 07:41 PM
Bedroom
He groans. "Yes, that's me, Gendrew." he says "Thank you for saving me, but who are you?"

RCgothic
2012-02-24, 02:35 AM
Emily
"My name is Emily, and these are my companions, Monk, Sylter and Daedalus. There are more of us downstairs. The Baron sent us to make sure you and Andolyn are ok. Can you tell us what happened here?"

Katasi
2012-02-24, 09:04 PM
Bedroom:
Gendrew nods. "Andolyn went away, she does that ever so often, trips to gather supplies.' he says "I was working on a new recipe one day a bout a week ago now when suddenly the enchantments around the house went berserk, including the calzone golem me and Andolyn made together, and that thing is rather dangerous uncontrolled." He coughs to clear his through. "While I was doing my best to deal with them, that little thing..." he points to the creature. "Sneaks up on my and jabs me with it's tail. Next thing I know I'm waking up tied to the bed."

Questing Beast
2012-02-25, 09:09 AM
Sylter

Salivating a bit, "Did you say Calzone Golem? What is it made of? I mean how do we shut it down?" I hope he says chop it to bits and eat it, I love some of these human foods. Looking at the imp again then back at the man, "Did the creature here ask ye any questions or say anything in front of ya? It may not have had a chance to check out every room if your defenses were still running, even if they weren't working properly."

Katasi
2012-02-25, 01:02 PM
Bedroom:
"I... I'm not sure, I guess you'd have to break it apart somehow." he says to the first question. To the second he replies "It kept demanding to know where exactly my wife had gone and when she would return."

Kenji
2012-02-25, 01:36 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Relieved by the sight of the mobile bread subduing the persistent elemental, Aurelius continued his initial search for items capable of illumination. Should he found any, he will proceed to explore the basement and left the creature alone. Otherwise, Aurelius will attempt to discern the creature's hostility by poking it with his bow.

Search
[roll0]
Locating things with illumination property.

AshesOfOld
2012-02-28, 08:59 AM
Daedalus

A calzone golem? What's wrong with this mage?
Daedalus shakes his head while double-checking the imp.

These creations aren't sentient, am I right? I suppose we should help the others with dismantling them, before they do any serious harm.
He turns to the wizard's husband again.
Do you know of any counter-measures your wife may have had in an event such as this? An easy way to shut them all down?

Questing Beast
2012-02-28, 02:28 PM
"I suggest we remove the imp before discussing this houses defenses any further. We don't want the beast to get free and be able to relay such information."

Katasi
2012-03-01, 04:47 PM
Kitchen:
The golem turns at Aurelius and punches at him, it's bread fist flying just over his head

Bedroom:
The creature cackles "Who do you think sent everything crazy." he says maliciously

Questing Beast
2012-03-02, 08:11 AM
Sylter

Turning towards the imp, "Tha be a good question beastie. Now shush whilst I'm talking unless you have something useful ta say like who it actually be."

Sylter grabs the imps tail and drags it towards the door and down the stairs hollering for the others to come along, "Ever'on git yer selves up here and quit doing watcha doing cause there's more defenses dern there. We found a few things!" Thoroughly enjoying the thump of the imps body as it slides down each step he waits at the bottom of the stairs for everyone to gather from the 1st floor.

AshesOfOld
2012-03-04, 02:06 PM
Daedalus

Daedalus helps the wizard's husband up and guides him gently down the stairs after Sylter and the bumping imp.

Kenji
2012-03-05, 09:31 AM
Aurelius Meitzen

Aurelius slipped past the dormant golem and headed for the stairs.

Katasi
2012-03-05, 08:39 PM
The Calzone golem hits Aurelius as he tries to slip past it, it's fist slamming into his gut, leaving him in pain.

(Aurelius takes 4 damage)

Kenji
2012-03-07, 01:24 PM
Aurelius Meitzen

Aurelius stumbled behind, falling shortly before ramming into the stove. Instinctively edged away from the stove lest assaulted from both sides, Aurelius attempted to maim it's movement before making a brief dash across the room. 'Anyone listening? There's a moving bread that punches like a rock here!'

Initiative Roll
Round 1
Move Action
Moving away from the stove and golem.

Standard Action
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Critical Attack Roll: [roll2]
Critical Damage Roll: [roll3]

Questing Beast
2012-03-07, 09:18 PM
Sylter

Salivating at the comparison of rocks and bread golems Sylter decides to move forward to make sure he gets a piece of the action and the creature for dinner, "Ack ya tasty beasty try some a dis! He's da bugger that deserves yer wrath for attacking this house." Sylter tosses the bound imp into the golems' path to distract it from his companion.

Knowledge check to figure out what it's weaknesses would be?
[roll0]

Escheton
2012-03-08, 12:11 AM
Monk

Having quietly followed the group down, hands ties by the mystical bargain, Monk was about to charge the calzone in aid when the Imp might get hurt by said calzone.
As such he charges in to ensure no harm come to the fiendish thing by picking it up and stowing it in a cupboard.

Questing Beast
2012-03-08, 02:23 PM
Sylter

"Foolish human da lass said nutin about other creatures hurting it or us protecting it from harm! Put the beasty back out to distract my future lunch. She only said we wouldna harm it.", rather upset with the man Sylter huffs a bit while deciding whether the man is insane or just way to pact abiding with creatures from the lower planes.

AshesOfOld
2012-03-09, 12:12 PM
Daedalus

Deciding to end this debacle quickly, Daedalus leaves Gendrew by the doorside and draws his bow.

Stop fooling around, and get out of the way! he barks, while nocking an arrow.
He quickly takes aim and with a furrowed brow fires the arrow at the golem's center of mass.

If bless is still in effect:
att. [roll0]
if crit [roll1]
dmg.[roll2]

Katasi
2012-03-16, 03:58 PM
Daedelus's shot strikes deep into the golem, which seems to ignore it as it turns toward Sylter. Clearly if the golem where a human it would be a life-threatening hit, but the construct lacks vitals.

Questing Beast
2012-03-16, 07:40 PM
Sylter

Steps behind Monk while looking for rock salt to add flavor, "I just want to eat ye yer stupid golem, not fight wit yer. Where be the lass when we need chopping done?"