PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what monster I'm thinking of

Doomboy911
2011-12-07, 11:50 PM
I found in pathfinder a kind of undead that if killed it would come back to life in an hour does anyone know what monster I'm talking about?

Venger
2011-12-08, 01:38 AM
What does it look like? there are a number of undead that come back after destruction if certain steps aren't taken (although 1 hour isn't a timeframe I'm familiar with)

Jeraa
2011-12-08, 02:50 AM
Vampires are the only ones I can think of that is even close. All other undead that can come back from being destroyed take longer than an hour (usually, days).

If reduced to 0 hit points in combat, a vampire assumes gaseous form (see below) and attempts to escape. It must reach its coffin home within 2 hours or be utterly destroyed. (It can normally travel up to 9 miles in 2 hours.) Additional damage dealt to a vampire forced into gaseous form has no effect. Once at rest, the vampire is helpless. It regains 1 hit point after 1 hour, then is no longer helpless and resumes healing at the rate of 5 hit points per round.

But vampires aren't actually destroyed at 0 hp, so its not really coming back. But its at least similar.

Baka Nikujaga
2011-12-08, 03:01 AM
A Bloody Skeleton?

Deathless (Su)

A bloody skeleton is destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points, but it returns to unlife 1 hour later at 1 hit point, allowing its fast healing thereafter to resume healing it. A bloody skeleton can be permanently destroyed if it is destroyed by positive energy, if it is reduced to 0 hit points in the area of a bless or hallow spell, or if its remains are sprinkled with a vial of holy water.

Doomboy911
2011-12-08, 04:03 PM
Bloody skeleton that's the monster I was thinking of.