PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Warforged Juggernaut Build Help

Fax Celestis
2011-12-08, 12:05 AM
So I've thrown together a warforged juggernaut (http://www.pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=7432), ECL 15 with a free +1 LA I used to grab Mineral Warrior. I think I've covered a lot of my bases, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something vital. What are people's thoughts?

Gwendol
2011-12-08, 03:16 AM
AFAIK the flail isn't a reach weapon; you really need reach to make use of BoD. If you don't want to spend a feat on EWP to get the chain I suggest Guisarme.
I see you dump CHA so test of mettle is essentially not going to be used? However, having a potion of eagle's splendor or two around isn't bad.

Looking at skills I see you have put a lot on jump and climb, but nothing on tumble? Why not use mithral heavy armor (counts as medium) and since you have armor mastery your speed isn't reduced which will help with some movement skill checks.
Intimidate is high, but you have no feats to really make use of it. Also, with reach you will make better use of the high skill mod since you threaten a larger area (=will potentially affect more enemies).

Psyren
2011-12-08, 08:57 AM
The only real trick I know with WJ is the IKEA Tarrasque; beyond that your build looks decent, I guess?

Person_Man
2011-12-08, 09:21 AM
I'm at work, and thus blocked from reading your link (but for some odd reason it doesn't block giantitp.com, most of the time), so I can't comment on the particulars unless you want to repost it here.

In general though, I'm not a huge fan of Warforged Juggernaut because it doesn't really offer much beyond immunities and modest Charge/Bull Rush bonuses. But since you're going with it, you might as well pick up a Ring of X-Ray Vision (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ring_of_X-Ray_Vision), which you can use all day thanks to your immunity to ability damage. I've found that it's extremely handy in dungeons, as you can almost always see what's in the next room and find secret passages without using Scry and Die cheese.

Similarly, if you're Evil, there are also a bunch of powerful drugs and Feats in Book of Vile Darkness and Elder Evils (and maybe the Fiendish Codexes) which deal ability damage as a negative side effect. Since you're immune, you may wish to look into them. A nice DM might also give you immunity to the negative effects of a Life-Drinker (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Life-Drinker) (since it's probably intended to be a Necromancy effect, which you're also immune to) and will let you enchant it further and improve the Save DC and add other enchantments to the weapon.

Fax Celestis
2011-12-08, 10:05 AM
AFAIK the flail isn't a reach weapon; you really need reach to make use of BoD. If you don't want to spend a feat on EWP to get the chain I suggest Guisarme.
I see you dump CHA so test of mettle is essentially not going to be used? However, having a potion of eagle's splendor or two around isn't bad.Yeah, I'm not sure if I want Knight as my last four levels, but four more levels of fighter seems like a terrible idea.

Looking at skills I see you have put a lot on jump and climb, but nothing on tumble? Why not use mithral heavy armor (counts as medium) and since you have armor mastery your speed isn't reduced which will help with some movement skill checks. I've got adamantine body, so I'm not actually wearing armor, it's just my skin.

Intimidate is high, but you have no feats to really make use of it. Also, with reach you will make better use of the high skill mod since you threaten a larger area (=will potentially affect more enemies).I could probably swap those points into tumble.

In general though, I'm not a huge fan of Warforged Juggernaut because it doesn't really offer much beyond immunities and modest Charge/Bull Rush bonuses. But since you're going with it, you might as well pick up a Ring of X-Ray Vision (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ring_of_X-Ray_Vision), which you can use all day thanks to your immunity to ability damage. I've found that it's extremely handy in dungeons, as you can almost always see what's in the next room and find secret passages without using Scry and Die cheese.

Similarly, if you're Evil, there are also a bunch of powerful drugs and Feats in Book of Vile Darkness and Elder Evils (and maybe the Fiendish Codexes) which deal ability damage as a negative side effect. Since you're immune, you may wish to look into them. A nice DM might also give you immunity to the negative effects of a Life-Drinker (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Life-Drinker) (since it's probably intended to be a Necromancy effect, which you're also immune to) and will let you enchant it further and improve the Save DC and add other enchantments to the weapon.

That's a good point. I'll look into those.

Fax Celestis
2011-12-08, 01:06 PM
Dropped the four knight levels, picked up three Stoneblessed and one Deepwarden (to prep for Deepwarden 2 next level), and swapped some gear around. Rather happier with it now.