PDA

View Full Version : Iron Kingdom Guns

Little Brother
2011-12-08, 12:58 AM
How do some of the examples I've seen not need to reload? I admit I haven't read the entire thing through a dozen times, I just got it, but I cannot see anything like what Olo did to himself in Test of Spite(I see the Lightning Mace/Death Urge, but I cannot see how he doesn't need to reload or stuff). I may just be blind or something, but can someone help?

Wings of Peace
2011-12-08, 02:37 AM
How do some of the examples I've seen not need to reload? I admit I haven't read the entire thing through a dozen times, I just got it, but I cannot see anything like what Olo did to himself in Test of Spite(I see the Lightning Mace/Death Urge, but I cannot see how he doesn't need to reload or stuff). I may just be blind or something, but can someone help?

Aptitude Weapon + Handcrossbow Focus solves all reloading problems.

Little Brother
2011-12-08, 02:42 AM
Aptitude Weapon + Handcrossbow Focus solves all reloading problems.Ah, I see. Thanks!

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-12-08, 02:47 AM

Yeah, the broad wording on Aptitude (Tome of Battle, 148) does that. Hand Crossbow Focus (DotU, 50) gives you free action reloads.

The Splitting Weapon property (some FR book) probably is also coming into play, somewhere, too. Straight doubling ammo does that.

Diefje
2011-12-08, 02:50 AM

this. I went for "it's Magic" first though. if all feats and skills and racials and class levels and everything else fails, there's always Magic!

How can you fall that far and live? Magic
Why does the kitten...? Magic
But...? Magic
I... MAGIC!

Little Brother
2011-12-08, 03:02 AM
So then how can I increase damage on a gun(Like getting Cha to it)? I know the obvious enhancements, but what about other stuff?

Oh, and can the Summon Weapon, or whatever, power summon a gun?

Leon
2011-12-08, 07:11 AM
Sharpshooter Feat - adds DEX Mod to Damage

Wings of Peace
2011-12-08, 01:04 PM
It's been awhile so I may be wrong. But I think the wording on the IK prestige class Pistoleer lets you use the pistol as a melee weapon rather than saying that you can make a melee attack with the pistol. That should let you make iaijutsu strikes with it. I want to say that again because it feels good. I think you can make iaijutsu strikes with your gun. :smallcool:

Cieyrin
2011-12-08, 03:40 PM
It's been awhile so I may be wrong. But I think the wording on the IK prestige class Pistoleer lets you use the pistol as a melee weapon rather than saying that you can make a melee attack with the pistol. That should let you make iaijutsu strikes with it. I want to say that again because it feels good. I think you can make iaijutsu strikes with your gun. :smallcool:

I don't recall Pistoleer doing that but the way Signmaker went with that was by putting bayonets on the guns. Alternatively, there were melee-gun combos in IK that let you shoot after you hit for free with Dex denial, so Iaijutsu then Sneak Attack.

Little Brother
2011-12-08, 11:23 PM
So could you attach a bayonet to a sexy, sexy, delicious Radliffe Quad-Iron? What about a small pistol in your sleeve? And could the psionic power Call Weaponry to summon a gun and ammo?

Cieyrin
2011-12-09, 01:42 PM
I don't see why you couldn't attach a bayonet to a sleeve gun, though traditionally you put one on after its drawn so you don't impale your arm or something.

Call Weaponry has specific rules for projectile weapons and ammo, so I would assume those would stay in play as related to guns.